• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Also what's all this ResetERA stuff about I presume it's about a Direct right?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Let’s be real. It’s probably not Shantae. Aside from the fact that I am not really interested in the character, and I haven’t played her games, I cannot conceivably see Shantae lining up next to who we have.

Sure, Shovel Knight is an Assist Trophy, and his game isn’t popular in Japan. Despite that, Shovel Knight is an Assist Trophy while Shantae is not. Even if you like the idea of Shantae, you have to admit that among the character that could be picked, she’s nowhere near a big name.

Considering this particular VA has voiced female Erdrick, and we have it on good authority that Erdrick is in the game, I would think that the logical conclusion is that yes, she’s voicing female Erdrick.

I don’t want to be a snob with 3rd parties, but in my humble opinion there are a good handful of 3rd parties that should be in before any Indie character, regardless of gameplay potential.

I wouldn’t be against Edelgard persay, but I firmly believe they should go for expanding the Smash umbrella, with new series that add All-Star value.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I will join you on your mission to world peace.
First, overthrow corrupt dictatorships.
Like the US government.
Before we do any of that, we need to go local.

THE FIRST TARGET IS THE SMASHBOARDS MODERATING TEAM!!!

<3 Love you guys

D

Deleted member

Option C would definitely piss off the following though:
-"BuT SpIRitS dEConFIrm WHYYYY"
-The recent hate-boner toward her because of her support and waifu culture stereotypes
-Being an Indie rep that gets in before the likes of Quote, or Shovel Knight, or even Steve if you want to refer to Mojang's early days with their character
*Sigh*

I don’t see why people hate her she’s the original indie darling

I want her because I want a character that defines indies she’s the guranteed indie pick not some crossover knight or a robot with no sequel for 15 years.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Let’s be real. It’s probably not Shantae. Aside from the fact that I am not really interested in the character, and I haven’t played her games, I cannot conceivably see Shantae lining up next to who we have.

Sure, Shovel Knight is an Assist Trophy, and his game isn’t popular in Japan. Despite that, Shovel Knight is an Assist Trophy while Shantae is not. Even if you like the idea of Shantae, you have to admit that among the character that could be picked, she’s nowhere near a big name.

Considering this particular VA has voiced female Erdrick, and we have it on good authority that Erdrick is in the game, I would think that the logical conclusion is that yes, she’s voicing female Erdrick.

I don’t want to be a snob with 3rd parties, but in my humble opinion there are a good handful of 3rd parties that should be in before any Indie character, regardless of gameplay potential.

I wouldn’t be against Edelgard persay, but I firmly believe they should go for expanding the Smash umbrella, with new series that add All-Star value.
I noticed you have a It’s My Birthday! Flair.

Happy birthday dude!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
*Sigh*

Pfffft, that's not really true.

Regardless, Shantae just really seems to appeal and sometimes pander to the "unironic waifu crowd." I'd argue her games are great and I'm a conservative horndog but even I have to admit that every female in the game having a large rack (unless they are a child) is a little demeaning.

D

Deleted member

Forget Sans we need Guzma in Smash.
yeee.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
*Sigh*

I want her because I want a character that defines indies she’s the guranteed indie pick not some crossover knight or a robot with no sequel for 15 years.
How does she "define indies" any more than Shovel Knight or Quote?

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I'll probably at school if a Direct even happens, so when I come back and search up Nintendo Direct, I'll be spoiled bu the news section of Google. RIP my hype.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shovel Knight sounds cooler than Shantae, that could just be me.
( I know SK is an AT, I am just saying they seem like they have a cooler moveset than Shantae. I could be wrong because I never really played Shantae's games. )
Also I do not care what you all say, Sans and Steve in Smash would actually be very epic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Shovel Knight sounds cooler than Shantae, that could just be me.
( I know SK is an AT, I am just saying they seem like they have a cooler moveset than Shantae. I could be wrong because I never really played Shantae's games. )
Also I do not care what you all say, Sans and Steve in Smash would actually be very epic.
Okay, this is epic.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tfw nobody’s bringing up Gunvolt, like, at all

Shroob

Sup?
What time does Nintendo usually announce Directs? It's currently 7:27pm here, PST, it's like another 12 or so hours, right?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Okay I did not make this, but here is a fun thing.
Take the letters in your first name, day you were born and what month you were born.
10 * 8 * 26
( Disclaimer, this is not mine. Just an example. )
There are 809 Pokemon.
If you get a result that is bigger than 809, divide by 2 until you reach a number lower than 809.
When you get your number, look at what Pokémon you are!
I DON'T WANT TO BE LOPUNNY

Hang on, lemmie use my full name.

Unfezant, much better
I know Opossum Opossum appreaciates the true majesty that is Unfezant.

D

Deleted member

ResetEra is full of industry insiders.

Whenever they start the "Turn back the clock" ritual, it means that a Direct is 90% of the time about to be announced.
What is the "turn back the clock" ritual?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Quote is the OG Indie.

Shovel Knight is the modern indie.

Shantae wasn't an Indie for a long time actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom