• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Happy Birthday Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones

And we get banners for our birthdays now? Wow, my timing is pretty good considering 4 days from now... :yoshi:
Guess Ill have to tell everyone to not make a big deal of my birthday when it comes around

gonna be hard now that there is banners. Tho no one will tell me happy birthday anyway so im good

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Here's my unpopular opinions regarding Indies:

I think the only ones that actually should be in are either Shovel Knight or Cave Story, mostly the later.
I hate "waifu" culture, and Shantae's games seem to be mostly that. I personally think her games are kinda bland.
Sans gets too much unnecessary hate, he's actually OK. I'm neutral towards him. As long as he has an interesting moveset that isn't only bones and blasters, I'd probably like him.
While I'd like a Touhou character, the most likely one would be Reimu, but I'd rather have Marisa over her.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Today was my birthday, spent the whole day playing Kingdom hearts and fighter Z. It was a good day.

Shroob

Sup?
Here's my unpopular opinions regarding Indies:

I think the only ones that actually should be in are either Shovel Knight or Cave Story, mostly the later.
I hate "waifu" culture, and Shantae's games seem to be mostly that. I personally think her games are kinda bland.
Sans gets too much unnecessary hate, he's actually OK. I'm neutral towards him. As long as he has an interesting moveset that isn't only bones and blasters, I'd probably like him.
While I'd like a Touhou character, the most likely one would be Reimu, but I'd rather have Marisa over her.
I 'don't' want Touhou in Smash.

Because it'd be a Ryu in Smash 4 scenario.

How the **** can you have Ryu but not Ken? Reimu and Marisa are a package deal.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Thank you for the Happy Birthdays everybody!

So, I've been informed that Christina Vee doesn't actually voice Erdrick, but it's an assumption made by the fans. It's probably Edelgard if it pertains to Smash.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Isn't Reimu the OG indie?
Quote was the first one with widespread success.

Tohou was something only weebs played for a long time.

Even then, you probably knew the characters but not the game.

D

Deleted member

Quote is the OG Indie.

Shovel Knight is the modern indie.

Shantae wasn't an Indie for a long time actually.
Look, I love and respect Cave Story, but Touhou is literally right there with 22 years under it's belt.

I'd say Quote would be the "Revolutionizing Indie".

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I know this is kinda late and random, but on that tweet posted earlier, how does Christina Valenzuela relate to female Erdrick? I can find no such credits among her work...

:ultgreninja:'d, kinda, by Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
*Sigh*

I don’t see why people hate her she’s the original indie darling

I want her because I want a character that defines indies she’s the guranteed indie pick not some crossover knight or a robot with no sequel for 15 years.
Speaking as someone who is a bigger fan of Shantae than Shovel Knight or Quote, there’s no need to put down the likes of the latter two. Who’ve more than proven their worth.

All three characters have their own merits.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Late on the Christina Vee talk, but I’m confident it’s Edelgard if it’s indeed Smash related unless she ever actually voiced female Erdrick.

As much as me, my grandma, and 80% of the Smash community are sick to death of FE characters, it wouldn’t surprise me since I really doubt Nintendo would care about the backlash since they know she’ll sell and promotion is important to their business.

Plus she’s cute, so I wouldn’t mind her too much.

Shantae wouldn’t make sense since they’d already showed her Spirit first unless you want to give false hope that it’s a “tease”.

I’m sure there are much bigger games then Smash but it ain’t out of the question.

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Quote was the first one with widespread success.

Tohou was something only weebs played for a long time.

Even then, you probably knew the characters but not the game.
Touhou was a hit in Japan ever since 2002, and it still is to this day. It's the most popular indie game ever. While Cave Story had more widespread appeal, it's kind of a cult following only nowadays, since you gotta actually look up for Cave Story content to find it. Touhou, on the other hand, is everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom