• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
That’s your first thought? xD

Yeah though, it happens.

Honestly though, as a theme park fan, it’s gonna be great. Hope they’ll have animatronics.
This, from the guy with a FNAF avatar. LOL.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Exceuse me? Pointing out cases in which celebrities say "Yes those allegations are true I sexually harassed children" and get away with it isn't relevant? God, you're a special kind of stupid aren't you. Don't worry, we won't talk again, rapist sympathizers go on the block list
How is it relevant to a case where the person in question hasn't admitted to anything? An where did **** come from now? This is getting confusing.

D

Deleted member

I would love a Metroid cave-like ride and a Gangplank Galleon attraction.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I would love a Metroid cave-like ride and a Gangplank Galleon attraction.
gangplank galleon ride is one of those swinging ships and it swings along to the beat of the music except it's the smash version of gangplank galleon so there's a beat every 0.2 seconds

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Did Vic admit to it? If not how is that relevant at this stage?
Though my point with the power of accusation is shown right on this forum. Where at least two people have said they don't know what is even happening but decided to side against him because he is being accused. People treat being accused as an admission of guilt.
Because MOST of the time, the accusers are not fabricating the story. The FBI determined that only 8% of people who go through with a sexual assault accusation are lying about it, or falsifying details. On top of that, numerous allegations from numerous people really stacks the math against him. It's not some mystery as to why people hear a dude is accused of pedophilia by multiple sources and then decide to dislike him.

Edit: Source on my numbers:

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Which series with a fighter in Smash do you guys think is underrepresented and who would you guys add to fix this?

I think Mega Man should get a new rep, since the series is so big and is divided into so many sub-series. We currently only have classic Mega Man representation. The best part is, you could add the main character from any of the subseries and they would play completely different than Mega Man, since the gameplay is so different from sub-series to sub-series. Other than the trademark mega buster, each protagonist has a unique set of skills. X has the armors, shots and dashes, Zero (MMZ) has the combos, weapons and cyber-elfs, Vent/Aile has the models, etc.

D

Deleted member

I wonder what "worlds" theyre gonna have

Obviously they're gonna have Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, yadda yadda. But what about AC? Or Metroid? Or even FE?

(i just hope there's like a replica monado sitting around somewhere tho tbh)
I wonder how a Smash bros ride or attraction would work? It's likely that they wouldn't make one but I wonder what they would do for one.

Oh wait I have an idea, You get thanos'd by Galeem and die :4pacman:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Which series with a fighter in Smash do you guys think is underrepresented and who would you guys add to fix this?

I think Mega Man should get a new rep, since the series is so big and is divided into so many sub-series. We currently only have classic Mega Man representation. The best part is, you could add the main character from any of the subseries and they would play completely different than Mega Man, since the gameplay is so different from sub-series to sub-series. Other than the trademark mega buster, each protagonist has a unique set of skills. X has the armors, shots and dashes, Zero (MMZ) has the combos, weapons and cyber-elfs, Vent/Aile has the models, etc.
final fantasy is in desperate need of more everything, and that's including but not limited to black mage

D

Deleted member

You forgot their slogan, "Get a second job if you don't like our prices!"
“Add DLCs to your life!”-An actual slogan used for the spanish Twitter account of Playstation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Pokemon...

we only have 10 out of 800 potential characters...
Notable icons like Eevee, and Meowth are missing
And it'd be nice to have reps for Gens 3 and 5, such as Flygon and Victini, respectively

I don't care what anyone else says...
We need more Pokemon in Smash

And no, this post isn't a joke... I'm legit, serrious

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You asked for one so I gave the first one that came to mind. >_< The accusations themselves were disproven though, yes. I will see if I can pull something else up but a lot of the cases I found were through youtube and after being found out they lied a lot of people tend to pull the "oops video gone never happened!" kind of crap. :/
Alright, I'm going to get serious for just a second. And this may count as "political" or controversial, but I believe it needs to be said here where people will see it and I'll accept the consequences for doing so.

I am tired of people playing devil's advocate for accused sexual predators and domestic abusers because an accusation could ruin their lives. As if the justice for and well-being of the accuser is worth risking on the off-chance that the accusation is false. Making an accusation like this of any person prompts a massive backlash from people who like the accused person and don't want to think of him in a negative way. Simply making the accusation, particularly when accusing a powerful person while you, yourself, lack that same power is a huge risk and thus these rarely go reported. And that's not even dipping into the psychological aspect of having to relive your darkest moment in front of thousands or millions of people who already don't want to believe you.

According to the National Crime Victims Research & Treatment Center at MUSC, nearly 1 in 5 women are ***** in their lifetime. ONE in ****ing FIVE. And yet, only approximately 16% of these crimes go reported due to society's indifference toward the crime or its victims, and the backlash they face for accusing in the first place. This seems to be the only crime where people are shamed for even making the accusation, but these men and women who endure the most personal of attacks that invade their psyche and sense of self worth don't deserve to then be brushed aside by people who want to play devil's advocate.

I like to be the middle ground on a lot of topics and let both sides speak, but sexual assault victims-- and on the whole, women and minorities in general-- haven't been heard or given justice throughout most of Western history. Let them ****ing speak without playing the "well they could be lying" card. They have so much more to lose than they have to gain. Don't make their lives more miserable.

D

Deleted member

Counting third parties? Mega Man or FF

Not counting third parties? XC and WW are the only not dead one-fighter series that could really have an engaging, unique newcomer, so them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Because MOST of the time, the accusers are not fabricating the story. The FBI determined that only 8% of people who go through with a sexual assault accusation are lying about it, or falsifying details. On top of that, numerous allegations from numerous people really stacks the math against him. It's not some mystery as to why people hear a dude is accused of pedophilia by multiple sources and then decide to dislike him.

Edit: Source on my numbers:
Your sources were cited and no citation was needed. Wikipedia approves

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Counting third parties? Mega Man or FF

Not counting third parties? XC and WW are the only not dead series that could really have an engaging, unique newcomer, so them.
captain padraig is the only acceptable newcomer tbh

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
That's fair enough. Though Im generally on the side of treating it as not conclusive until it actually is found out. Just was too close to situations where it actually WAS a false claim and seeing a person's life ruined/almost ruined over something they didn't actually do anything wrong I guess *shrugs* Makes me hesitant to jump in against someone like that

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I may need some time to recall my ideas but I have thought about how a full Disneyland sized Nintendo theme park would work. All I know of so far is that it was split up into 6 sections with most encapsulating several series

Town Center: Animal Crossing with elements of Earthbound and Mii stuff
Mushroom Kingdom: Mario and all related series
Hyrule Field: stuff like Zelda, Fire Emblem
Pokémon Park: just Pokémon
Dream Land: Kirby, Kid Icarus, Pikmin
Lylat System: Starfox, Metroid, F-Zero

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Alright, I'm going to get serious for just a second. And this may count as "political" or controversial, but I believe it needs to be said here where people will see it and I'll accept the consequences for doing so.

I am tired of people playing devil's advocate for accused sexual predators and domestic abusers because an accusation could ruin their lives. As if the justice for and well-being of the accuser is worth risking on the off-chance that the accusation is false. Making an accusation like this of any person prompts a massive backlash from people who like the accused person and don't want to think of him in a negative way. Simply making the accusation, particularly when accusing a powerful person while you, yourself, lack that same power is a huge risk and thus these rarely go reported. And that's not even dipping into the psychological aspect of having to relive your darkest moment in front of thousands or millions of people who already don't want to believe you.

According to the National Crime Victims Research & Treatment Center at MUSC, nearly 1 in 5 women are ***** in their lifetime. ONE in ****ing FIVE. And yet, only approximately 16% of these crimes go reported due to society's indifference toward the crime or its victims, and the backlash they face for accusing in the first place. This seems to be the only crime where people are shamed for even making the accusation, but these men and women who endure the most personal of attacks that invade their psyche and sense of self worth don't deserve to then be brushed aside by people who want to play devil's advocate.

I like to be the middle ground on a lot of topics and let both sides speak, but sexual assault victims-- and on the whole, women and minorities in general-- haven't been heard or given justice throughout most of Western history. Let them ****ing speak without playing the "well they could be lying" card. They have so much more to lose than they have to gain. Don't make their lives more miserable.
Yes. Somebody could be lying about someone robbing a bank, but it should still be investigated even if it would "ruin their life."

D

Deleted member

I may need some time to recall my ideas but I have thought about how a full Disneyland sized Nintendo theme park would work. All I know of so far is that it was split up into 6 sections with most encapsulating several series

Town Center: Animal Crossing with elements of Earthbound and Mii stuff
Mushroom Kingdom: Mario and all related series
Hyrule Field: stuff like Zelda, Fire Emblem
Pokémon Park: just Pokémon
Dream Land: Kirby, Kid Icarus, Pikmin
Lylat System: Starfox, Metroid, F-Zero
R.I.P.: Donkey Kong

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
That's fair enough. Though Im generally on the side of treating it as not conclusive until it actually is found out. Just was too close to situations where it actually WAS a false claim and seeing a person's life ruined/almost ruined over something they didn't actually do anything wrong I guess *shrugs* Makes me hesitant to jump in against someone like that
>Multiple people accuse him
>people in the industry give hints as to what he's done
>the accusers accounts are mostly pretty detailed and a lot of them share similar traits

"Man idk could go either way"

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Pokemon...

we only have 10 out of 800 potential characters...
Notable icons like Eevee, and Meowth are missing
And it'd be nice to have reps for Gens 3 and 5, such as Flygon and Victini, respectively

I don't care what anyone else says...
We need more Pokemon in Smash

And no, this post isn't a joke... I'm legit, serrious
My idea for Cynthia adds three Pokémon in one similar to:ultpokemontrainer: if that counts.

D

Deleted member

I wish people could play Devil's Advocate with other cases as much as they do with **** accusations.
"Look, I know she's saying he stabbed her and that at least ten people saw it but you can't ask me to believe these baseless accusations, they could ruin his life!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom