• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
**** THIS

My God, at first I was only angry that someone I barely knew manipulated the emotions of all you kind folk around here. You're good people and no one had the right to fake their death and manipulate your emotions like that.

But now? I'm livid. I've been on Smashboards for over five years, and I've never seen something like this happen here...

This is sick. Get him apprehended immediately. Never let him access social media ever again. Don't even publicly speak of him after tonight. He doesn't deserve to be remembered after all the pain he's caused.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
...I defended him when people questioned why he didn't know the word.

I defended him because, as unusual as it was, I'm pretty sure my own sister didn't know those things back when she was 13. I thought the he might just have been sheltered.

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. I'm starting to wonder if I'm more naive then I think...
You had no way of knowing. None of us did. Don't blame yourself for this.

Oh yeah, and him telling people to kill themselves? Wasn't okay before, but once again I was forgiving of him because I thought he was young and a little troubled. Knowing now he was a man in his late 20's creeping around and encouraging suicide, I'm even more disgusted.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Is there anything wrong with outing the accounts publicly? Transparency on who to avoid might be for the best.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If this is allowed... how was it found out that they were his alts?
Sometimes users share IPs if they're near each other. So while IPs matched, that's not definitive proof that two users are the same. And when Brelooming requested his account be deleted, by law we have to delete ALL personal information, including the IP information.

We only know what his alts were because he said them. But we know what his IP is and can take action with it. The admins are handling that.

Is there anything wrong with outing the accounts publicly? Transparency on who to avoid might be for the best.
I honestly don't know at this point. Things are hectic. I'll get an answer.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I almost never interacted with that one user in question, so I was completely indifferent to him prior to today, but after hearing the truth about that user... I have no words because of how shocked I am. That's just completely disgusting and sick to hear there was someone like that on Smashboards.

My deepest sorrows and condolences to all who were manipulated by him. I definitely sympathize with everyone's frustrations here, and I hope the police are already coming after this man to deliver the justice he deserves.

Also, if any of you could add me to that PM that exposed the ugly truth about this person, I'd much appreciate it, because I want to know the entire story on how people figured out about those other alts.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
oh fam, I aint blaming myself for nothing, Why feel blame when I have enough disappointment that is now raw. organic anger? And, if you know me, Im rarely this pissed off
I don't blame you. When I found out I was disgusted beyond words.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Hit me with the PM, I also wanna know as I have some big fears

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Never use that ever.

He used it all the ****in' time. Just like Denko guy and that stupid ****in' hamster face.

Take this gif instead:
View attachment 224119
Breloom can't take the hug chatspeak away from us.

He doesn't deserve anything, least of all to claim that.

Strip him of everything he has and toss him into the snow.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Hello, SB users under the age of 18. Please conceal your age for your safety; it is usually taught in health classes to not reveal your age to strangers. This instance revealed just how dangerous a small oversight can become. Please keep yourself safe by remaining anonymous. I still have the utmost sympathy for those affected, but your age is a very important number to keep to yourself if it is less than 18. Thank you for listening to my PSA.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I wanna know his alts as well, please.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If anyone would like a detailed recap of what has happened with Brelooming, feel free to message me.

I was one of the first people to discover what was going on, so I can give you a recap from start to finish, if you so desire.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Now that I know his alts, i'm really disturbed given that he actually tried to contact me before.

It makes me sick that the A-Hole DM'd me and "confessed his feelings" to me back in October (one of his alts). I mean I politely told him I wasn't interested (no disrespect to any LGBT people here) and he seemed fine with this but told me not to tell anyone else. Now I know what the **** was trying to do.

And then in December, his other alt tells me on Discord that one of his alts (not sure if i'm allowed to give the name) was seriously injured in an explosion and was taking in to intensive care. I was DM'ing him trying to consult him for what I thought was a painful time in his life for a couple of days before he stopped messaging me.

In reality, he was trying to manipulate me on two different occasions. And now three with the Brelooming account.

I hope this piece of **** rots in the lowest parts of hell. Seriously **** him.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Alrighty, going to bed for reals this time...

Kinda glad I stayed to hear the whole story, cause wooooow... a whole lotta stuff I'd be missing out on...

Hopefully this revelation will change Smashboards for the better...

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Y'all are gonna try and get this monster arrested, right?

Smashboards probably wasn't his only target
As mentioned before, we are waiting for consent from those he victimized.

They were all minors, and we know that they were be subject to intensive questioning if this gets out to the police. We don't want to put them through that unless they give us permission.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Crying is valid.
Anger is valid.
There's no shame in it and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Feel free to hit me up if you want. I'm happy to hear people out and let them vent.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Alrighty, going to bed for reals this time...

Kinda glad I stayed to hear the whole story, cause wooooow... a whole lotta stuff I'd be missing out on...

Hopefully this revelation will change Smashboards for the better...
Good night, Smashing.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Is it against the rules to post screenshots of PM's? I want to show you what exactly he was trying to do in manipulating me.

Though I don't doubt most of you got similar PM's as well.

Shroob

Sup?
Is it against the rules to post screenshots of PM's? I want to show you what exactly he was trying to do in manipulating me.

Send it to Strong Bad, he's the one I'm talking about with suspicions.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

I don't believe it is against the rules, but if it turns out to be, you can send them my way. I can send what he said to me if you'd like, even though I kinda outlined everything already

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Before I leave for the night, there’s only one important thing I’d like to say...

...I wish for nothing more than the best for those affected by this worthless son of a *****. You guys didn’t deserve to go through such pain

(and thanks Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones and everyone else who played for such fun games today)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

It is. Privacy of user content is vastly important for the site. Not even Administrators can view a PM itself unless invited.

Please show this to Forum Support instead. Or PM Strong Bad, as noted. That's just as useful in this situation.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I just really need to know. What the hell were his alts?

If it were accounts I never knew about or interacted with, I wouldn't feel an absolute need to know the details, but...if the alts were regulars here, I feel like I should know, at least for future reference so I know not to bring up certain users I've not seeing in a long time, and to get an idea of how far back this goes. Because this is screwed up.

Please, anyone who knows who his alts were, PM me. I'll temporarily open my PMs to anyone instead of just my followers in case no one I'm following knows yet. I just want to know "who" his alts were.

I don't know what else to say. Words can't express the empathy I feel for his victims right now. I'm so sorry for those he hurt the most...I'm sorry. Speak to those you know without a shred of doubt you can trust. Find comfort in them and your families. Don't let the pain he's caused you last.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It is. Privacy of user content is vastly important for the site. Not even Administrators can view a PM itself unless invited.

Please show this to Forum Support instead.
Okay i'll respect the wishes of you guys though I pretty much covered most of it in my post. I don't doubt a lot of people here got similar DM's so they know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom