• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
of ****ing course he would target me

i'm the noipoi, everyone's favorite

i might as well have been gift wrapped for him
My best guess is it was just users under the age of 18. You aren't that special.

Shiny DID say that Breloom could talk to them whenever they needed to (or something like that), which doesn't excuse Breloom from such atrocious actions, but Shiny was already vulnerable because they would be getting frequent messages from Breloom. Out of all of those under 18, those who talked the most were most likely going to be targeted.

@ShinyLegendary let me know if something I said there didn't add up. How often did you talk to Breloom before those disgusting actions were committed?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I would like to say some things, but tbh I personally don't like swearing or saying anything very bad about someone, even if they are horrible, though I don't really care if someone else does.

Maybe I shouldn't hold it in, but whatever. I'll just say he's a sick, horrible scumbag.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Unban Faygo and I will be happy.
I mean, Faygo was continually breaking rules and even posting inappropriate content. He would then crop it and taunt that it "was OK now." (paraphrased) Plus plenty of other things.

I agree that yeah, this was accidentally badly timed. The Breloom situation evolved almost immediately. But it was getting out of hand long before tonight, and he was actively being discussed among the staff as to whether he needed the ban or not.

To be perfectly blunt, we've been discussing this most of the week. This wasn't a spur of the moment decision.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Obviously some modmins weren't happy with that. I'm not sure who, but obviously somebody/some group on the modmin team has it out for Faygo and other users, and used this as an excuse to infract unjustly. An opportunity to have the community grow closer was ruined, and used to drive us farther apart.
Well, faygo is just uber-edgy and is already living life on the brink of infractions

I don't have anything of value to say on the matter here.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm not sure I'll be able to convince you that we don't have it out for Faygo, but it's really not the case. We reviewed numerous posts about the situation and infracted a small handful of users. The degree to which his (and a couple other users) posts went was far further than the rest. Trust me, we are not mustache-twirling villains reveling as the social thread users become infuriated by their friend's temporary banning.
Strong Bad, I'm sure you're not part of the problem.

I don't know who it is but it's someone or some group of people. I'm sure they think they're in the right, but all they do is drive us apart.

Myself and multiple other users are legitimately considering leaving this site because it's just not fun to be here anymore.

It feels like I have to walk on egg shells whenever I'm here.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Oh god. He approached me over DMs and told me he was confused about potential being gay and wanted me to give him emotional support and life advice to. He asked me if there was anyone here who was in the LGBT community here he could talk to about that. Thankfully I didn’t name anyone but I think he was trying to use me to find others here. I don’t think I could’ve forgiven myself if I lead him to one of his victims.

I feel so manipulated.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Part of me wants me to know who is it, but part of me doesn't want to get any angrier.

Again, if anyone asks you to roleplay or take off your clothes or whatever, no matter your age, DON'T DO IT! Never let anyone try to take advantage of you.

I know a lot of you guys are solid dudes through and through, but since this situation got even worse, I understand if you want to leave the site.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
This event will most certainly go down in Smashboards history...

And hopefully it'll change things for the better

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Wait a minute...

How did you find out who was close to becoming a victim? That is incredibly scary to think about. (I know you aren't associated with Breloom, just curious how you found that out. Breloom was kind of closed-doors with me in my DM)
The people he victimized posted screenshots of their conversations with him.

At one point, he mentioned Noipoi by name, speaking about him in the same manner he used for his current victims.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
I am ****ing livid and shook at this point. Of all the times I've entered this thread, it had to be this. I am utterly disgusted, my hands are shaking as I am writing this. @ShinyLegendary, I hope you can find closure in this whole situation. And mods and admins, I know you have a lot on your hands to deal with, first Faygo's ban, now this. This whole day has just been ****ing awful for the Boards.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Look.

No one's mad because the mods failed to catch this. We all did. To get mad at someone for not catching it would be hypocritical.

People are mad that some modmins are using this opportunity to target users here.

This goes beyond faygo or any one user. This effects our entire community. By infracting users now they only drive us further apart, especially when the posts made were for the sake of rebuilding our community in the wake of this horrendous event.

THAT'S what people are mad about.
To my understanding, it’s not connected. As some of the “good mods” are saying, they didn’t know it was happening and the Faygo ban was “unfortunate timing”.

Until we have the facts of that, we have to try and find a path to...some sort of peace, whether it’s locking it temporarily or...I don’t even know.

What a day.

EDIT: While I don’t even know if I want to know who the alts are, I feel like I have a responsibility to know.

I’d like to apologize, not for any particular people but just that adults that are supposed to protect kids instead take advantage of them. I devote my career to helping students who live in poverty, and face so many different things everyday.

For somebody to legitimately prey on young people on a site they visit because of a ****ing video game...it’s calculated.

I can’t possibly imagine what that feels like. But there are people who could be considered “adults” that do care about you guys. Don’t forget that.

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
The people he victimized posted screenshots of their conversations with him.

At one point, he mentioned Noipoi by name, speaking about him in the same manner he used for his current victims.
Obviously such screenshots would have been taken down, was there a count on how many victims?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I would like to say some things, but tbh I personally don't like swearing or saying anything very bad about someone, even if they are horrible, though I don't really care if someone else does.

Maybe I shouldn't hold it in, but whatever. I'll just say he's a sick, horrible scumbag.
Honestly, I'd say if there is any time to let it all out, it's now. Say whatever is on your mind in whatever dialect or vernacular you want as long as it follows the guidelines.

I want to throw something at this guy right now, god damn.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Holy **** that latest development came out of nowhere. Here I thought it was just a 14 year old acting really ****ing stupid but it's so much disturbing than that.

Please, have this **** stain locked up. Society would greatly appreciate that.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Back in 2006, I received an issue of Nintendo Power with the Zelda: Twilight Princess soundtrack.

Well... it has 8 tracks (one is an original for the soundtrack, the other 8 are before you cross the Bridge of Eldin) and that’s it.

Overall, I’ll stick to hearing the soundtrack on YouTube.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Hello, everyone. I come bearing very unfortunate news.

A few members of this forum have been in contact with Brelooming Disaster and his family ever since his initial diagnosis, and we just got an update on his condition.

Sadly, earlier today, he passed away. I don't even know what to say in this situation. Someone like him never deserved to go through such a terrible experience. You could tell that each passing moment made him more and more stressed.

I ask that you all take a moment to pay your respects to him. Even if you didn't know him personally, Brelooming was a very active member of this community, and it's heartbreaking to hear this happen.
For those who are joining us now, this post, unbeknownst to Hinata, is a ****ing lie.

Sorry Hinata, I know that you were given false information.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Obviously such screenshots would have been taken down, was there a count on how many victims?
We still have the screenshots. Just not here.

As it stands, we know of two victims, with Noipoi barely avoiding being the third.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
To my understanding, it’s not connected. As some of the “good mods” are saying, they didn’t know it was happening and the Faygo ban was “unfortunate timing”.

Until we have the facts of that, we have to try and find a path to...some sort of peace, whether it’s locking it temporarily or...I don’t even know.

What a day.
Regardless of "unfortunate timing" or not their actions set the tone for this entire site.

As of late it seems they've been getting super trigger happy with those infraction guns, and that leaves a poor impression.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Strong Bad, I'm sure you're not part of the problem.

I don't know who it is but it's someone or some group of people. I'm sure they think they're in the right, but all they do is drive us apart.

Myself and multiple other users are legitimately considering leaving this site because it's just not fun to be here anymore.

It feels like I have to walk on egg shells whenever I'm here.
I mean to be perfectly blunt, Faygo tended to rile people up intentionally to get them sympathetic to him. He caused the "walking on eggshells" feeling.

But tehpony, mind if we agree on something?

Let's both drop this for now while Breloom is a thing. Something horrific was revealed tonight, and Faygo is kinda the last priority right now. No offense to him, I even like Faygo. But he's not the big deal tonight.

D

Deleted member

Look I feel ashamed, looking back this **** was suspicious as hell. We bought the act of him being underage, I dunno why I wasn't suspicious of him not knowing what a fetish was considering the talks from the thread sometimes and that by his age I knew about that stuff.

Only dude to call on him was Shiny, but even back then people including myself just didnt even cared. After a while and his PETA tantrum, his behaviour was certainly more perverted as his online persona changed as he was more open to saying **** related to being horny and stuff.

I'm really sorry as if I was more aware, we could have noticed something wrong sooner.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
We still have the screenshots. Just not here.

As it stands, we know of two victims, with Noipoi barely avoiding being the third.
... He must have done it through discord, as that was the connection he was giving out.

Shiny is 15. Somebody else is also rather young.

To think, being younger than Noipoi, I somehow escaped that list, despite having my discord info being known by Brelooming...

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I misinterpreted a post after skimming it.

I'd say that makes me the biggest loser, but I'm far from that tonight.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
add me too, i need to know EVERYTHING
I tried a couple of times but it's not letting me add you.

I have no clue why, unless you have me blocked for some reason I don't know

In which case I'm sorry for whatever it was I did, I sincerely want to be able to make it up to you but if I can't you can always ask one of the other people here for a PM I guess

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Honestly, I'd say if there is any time to let it all out, it's now. Say whatever is on your mind in whatever dialect or vernacular you want as long as it follows the guidelines.

I want to throw something at this guy right now, god damn.
I was never close with him, but people like him still disgust me.

I like being nice and stuff, and caring for others, so naturally when he was supposedly dead I decided to say a prayer for him and his family.

Then I come back here today, and he's some sick, twisted 20-something pedophile. Horrid excuse for a human being. Frickin disgusting. He can rot in a small prison cell for all I care, wasting away in there for life.

Frickin scum. Screw everyone like this and their evil eff'd up selves.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What could the staff even do to prevent such a situation from happening if it isn't reported.
This isn't on them.
You're right I'm just emotional at the moment this whole thing threw me through a loop, I don't really know what the admins could do except for maybe tracing the IP and making sure there's no repeat IP's so the Brelooming account may have never existed in the first place.

And if there were to be some account that used the same IP make sure it's just one person instead of it being like two people related to each other ALA Taylor and Nate.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
View attachment 224118

I'm sorry but WHAT

Either PM me with proof of this or post it in the thread if you want any sort of respect from me going forward.
You mean Brelooming being alive and a 20 year old? I'm not the one with the perverted conversations. That's what we have been talking about all this time.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

In which case I'm sorry for whatever it was I did, I sincerely want to be able to make it up to you but if I can't you can always ask one of the other people here for a PM I guess
Oh, it’s cause I set my PM prefs to only ppl I follow

Which, lemme follow you right now

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

There's a setting so only people you follow and follow you can add you to PMs.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh god. He approached me over DMs and told me he was confused about potential being gay and wanted me to give him emotional support and life advice to. He asked me if there was anyone here who was in the LGBT community here he could talk to about that. Thankfully I didn’t name anyone but I think he was trying to use me to find others here. I don’t think I could’ve forgiven myself if I lead him to one of his victims.

I feel so manipulated.
He did the same with me and him being suicidal on one of his other accounts. I've never even seen a pile of human refuse mounded up so high.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I mean to be perfectly blunt, Faygo tended to rile people up intentionally to get them sympathetic to him. He caused the "walking on eggshells" feeling.

But tehpony, mind if we agree on something?

Let's both drop this for now while Breloom is a thing. Something horrific was revealed tonight, and Faygo is kinda the last priority right now. No offense to him, I even like Faygo. But he's not the big deal tonight.
For the sake of tonight?

Sure. I'll agree to that.
You read it wrong Pony, that's the death post.
They mean Brelooming being "dead"
Oh. I'm sorry UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin . I definitely read that wrong.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Alright.

Someone hit me with the deets. I need to know. I just don’t feel comfortable not knowing, because then I can’t do anything to help.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer

I think discord only lets you add people if you share a server. It's one of the many issues with the platform for serious discussion.

I love discord, but man there are some flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom