• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If anyone else is out of the loop on who the alts were and wants to know, I can add you to the PM where I asked Shish

Knowing who the alts were makes it even worse, but we need to strip every shred of respect and dignity off of this man's identity.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Sometimes these things happen and there's nothing people can do. We can try and prevent them, but sometimes a scumbag or predator will find a way to stay undercover slip through the cracks. The simple fact is you can't enforce a rule if you have no idea it's being broken.

At least in the case of Breloom, I'm going to give the moderation team the benefit of the doubt. Unless there's something else I'm missing I don't think we should blame anyone for what happened to the victims except Breloom himself.

..Anyway, can someone PM me exactly what happened? It's killing me not know the full details.

Iridium

Smash Hero
We'll

We'll have a normal day

Just not today

A horrible person was someone in our midst

A horrible person was several people in our midst

But the rest of us have been having the same reactions in unison. First mourning, then anger, then utter disgust.

I have faith in the rest of us, if we can all just refuse to give up.

But we've got one absolute trashfire of a human being to purge from our collective lives and publicly shame for the worst crimes imaginable today.
I agree. It's just very tiring seeing people we once considered friends turn out to be so vile after all. Maybe we've just dealt with issues like this more frequently than usual recently (and we honestly have), but I just want it to stop. All I can do is just be myself and nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Holy ****.

You know honestly @ all the mods. We should purge this thread and social for more then a few hours imo.

A lot of **** has gone down from fakes deaths to ****ing pedophiles of all things. I’ll be honest this needs control and with the thread open it’s going to get bad. We should really just make a new thread and purge this one. But then wait a bit more before doing so. A lot needs to be sorted out and some changes need to be made in my honest opinion.

I’ve said it before,
But Sakurai your our only hope. Come cleanse the hell out of here so things can maybe get back to normal. It’s absurd how wild this thread has escalated lately.
So this is how liberty dies,

With thunderous applause.

A purge definitely isn't the answer.

A lock? Probably. But purging this thread won't lead to anything good.

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Someone else PM me the details. And someone reboot this thread. It desperately needs one!

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
EVERYONE.

Alright, I'm sorry that I once again wasn't present when **** hit the fan here. I have company over tonight, I made dinner, I was oblivious to this current discussion. Here is a VERY quick take from ONE mod involved in the process:

• I sincerely apologize to everyone here in general. We all want this site to be a safe space and it turns out that with Brelooming we failed. It happened offsite, but that doesn't change the fact that it happened to members of our community. I'm personally very sorry and want to correct it in any way I can. I know the rest of the staff feels the same.
  • I specifically apologize to the ones Brelooming approached. I need to catch up on the thread so I don't know who knows about whom, and I'm not about to out someone who doesn't want outed. But specifically to you who know who you are: I'm so sorry.
  • We only found out about this today as well. We didn't know anything before regular users. In fact, regular users brought us the info. Thank you immensely for doing that. Multiple moderators have spent large portions of their workdays at their jobs, including myself, trying to make sense of all this and take appropriate action.
  • I am not an admin so I can't speak to specifics of what's being done, but rest assured things are being done. Like I said, making this space safe for all of you is what we're supposed to do. We can only do so much retroactively but we're doing it.
Now, I am asking you all as a friend more than a moderator: please pull back on the vitriol. You all have every right to be livid and upset and want to rage. I do too. But we have to keep some sort of order and keep people from directing their rage at each other, like what happened earlier. Please, please, please take it to PMs or offsite or Forum Support or my personal PMs. My discord is even Grey#6975 if ANY of you need to talk. Just, please, please, don't keep all that anger right here.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If anyone else is out of the loop on who the alts were and wants to know, I can add you to the PM where I asked Shish

Knowing who the alts were makes it even worse, but we need to strip every shred of respect and dignity off of this man's identity.
Please, add me.

I want to know as much as I can.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
I know I feel ****ing sick too this is just terrible, Absolutely and positively terrible.

This place was supposed to be a safe space and now we have a Pedophile running around trying to do some nasty things of which he has successfully done with some regulars here and you know what? That's terrifying and absolutely disgusting.

The Staff need to do a better job at keeping this kinda **** from happening it's bad enough that he faked his own death that not only made people including children experience both death and betrayal but also Children being groomed by some mid 20's loser.

Unforgivable.
What could the staff even do to prevent such a situation from happening if it isn't reported.
This isn't on them.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Truth be told, we wanted to keep this a secret for a while longer, purely because tensions were already high in the thread after it was revealed that Brelooming faked his death, and we knew that revealing this would just bring everything to a fever pitch.

But now we all know. Brelooming was an utterly disgusting, reprehensible person. He deserves everything that's coming to him right now.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
EVERYONE.

Alright, I'm sorry that I once again wasn't present when **** hit the fan here. I have company over tonight, I made dinner, I was oblivious to this current discussion. Here is a VERY quick take from ONE mod involved in the process:

• I sincerely apologize to everyone here in general. We all want this site to be a safe space and it turns out that with Brelooming we failed. It happened offsite, but that doesn't change the fact that it happened to members of our community. I'm personally very sorry and want to correct it in any way I can. I know the rest of the staff feels the same.
  • I specifically apologize to the ones Brelooming approached. I need to catch up on the thread so I don't know who knows about whom, and I'm not about to out someone who doesn't want outed. But specifically to you who know who you are: I'm so sorry.
  • We only found out about this today as well. We didn't know anything before regular users. In fact, regular users brought us the info. Thank you immensely for doing that. Multiple moderators have spent large portions of their workdays at their jobs, including myself, trying to make sense of all this and take appropriate action.
  • I am not an admin so I can't speak to specifics of what's being done, but rest assured things are being done. Like I said, making this space safe for all of you is what we're supposed to do. We can only do so much retroactively but we're doing it.
Now, I am asking you all as a friend more than a moderator: please pull back on the vitriol. You all have every right to be livid and upset and want to rage. I do too. But we have to keep some sort of order and keep people from directing their rage at each other, like what happened earlier. Please, please, please take it to PMs or offsite or Forum Support or my personal PMs. My discord is even Grey#6975 if ANY of you need to talk. Just, please, please, don't keep all that anger right here.
listen to this dude
you can trust him 100%

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Just an observer here, a mod from another board.

What happened was ****ed up. ****ed up beyond belief. Emotions are high right now both with you guys and the mods.

It's being taken care of, and the Faygo infraction (that led to Banning) was unfortunately timed badly. The Breloom issue had just changed from fake death to the ****ed up **** that it is now, and it happened in a flash.

I'm flat out disgusted though with all this. Not you all, but Breloom. Trust me, everyone else on the staff feels the same.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I already miss Kasumi-posting dearly with all my heart. Christ almighty, what a rough-rough month this has been. I am sincerely sorry for how several of you have felt talking to him.

Also, thank you @ShinyLegendary and Noipoi Noipoi for being two of the goodest boys on this thread.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Now not to potentially fan flames, but in defense of the mods it’s not as if they’re all-knowing. Is that a major thing to slip through cracks? Sure. But it was incredibly well hidden, and kids were taken advantage of. That’s obviously horrible.

It happened this time, and sure there should have been things in place. Now that folks are entirely aware, there’s an opportunity for staff to put up measures to fight that sort of thing.

Being angry at people isn’t going to solve the problem. Things could have gone more smoothly. But we’ve got to move forward and help those who have been harmed, especially to make sure it never happens again.

This sucks balls. Big ones. Like, I just get the creeps from that, and I will say it’s something I never expected to actually happen. We can and will do better.

For now, we can’t be targeting folks. That doesn’t solve anything.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also I’m gonna be honest.

For the most part the modmins couldn’t do anything. This all was exposed today and obviously they aren’t actively reading people’s pms unless addressed in them.

On top of the age not being known till today. This act was hidden well by someone who knew full well what they were doing. I can’t blame staff for not realizing this until today when more people discovered it and we all learned the truth.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Alright people...if you want a mod to share their entire thoughts, here you go.

to be quite frank...this is sad. I feel bad for everyone that's had to deal with emotional pain, especially with the fake death scandal that has occured over the past few hours. Do I know the nitty gritty? No. But I know that it has been a terrible event and it's unfortunate that it had to happen. We as a staff want this place to be a place of comfort and enjoyment for all, talking about video games and culture and escaping from life...that's what Smashboards is supposed to be about. This is why Gideon made the site in the first place. I seriously LOVE it here...but I can't take this position anymore. This place is meant to be a safe haven, but no matter how hard we try to reach said goal, the goal never seems to be reached.

Whether I'm moderating Nintenzone or dropping by to say hello on Social, there's nothing but vinegar thrown everywhere half the time. And, when there are plenty of people that want to make the site better for all, it seems like walls are built no matter what happens instead of bridges. To be quite frank, I'm tired of dealing with this crap. Besides, I have too much going on right now in my personal life to deal with this kind of drama right now.

So...I'm resigning from my moderator position. I've loved my time as a moderator, and perhaps I will return to such a position one day. But right now, do I want to be a moderator? Do I think it's the right time to be a moderator right now, considering both all that has happened recently, in the past with this forum, and with my personal life?

...No. Not a chance.

I can't take this crap right now. The drama on this site is part of the reason why I'm quitting in the first place. Couple that with personal life drama, with how I feel like a failure every single day, whether I try to moderate on here or try to do my best at my job...I've had enough.

I hope that you all have enjoyed having me as a moderator. If so, I'm glad that I could help in the effort of making this forum feel more at home for you. If not, I'm sorry. I do all I can, but I'm not Superman, as much as I hate to admit it. I did all I could to help in the effort of running this site more efficiently...and that's all I can really do.
We thank you for your service. I personally thought you were one of the better mods, but that's just my personal opinion. Good luck on your future endeavors, and I hope you can get your personal life sorted out as swiftly as possible. Godspeed!

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'm livid right now. Yesterday night I was pouring hours into making a tribute for this piece of ****. I put thought and care into each god damn step, making sure that said thought and care would be conveyed through the finished product, all the while getting choked up because I thought a 13 year old boy got his life cut far too short when I'm 6 years older than him and feel I couldn't imagine dying at peace right now. I was willing to forget all that and move on after it came out that he was alive, thinking he was still a 13 year old who made a ****ty mistake, though I didn't want to interact with him any time soon. Now, he's a monster who tricked me into caring for his existence, and all this anger is rushing back to me.

D

Deleted member

Just an observer here, a mod from another board.

What happened was ****ed up. ****ed up beyond belief. Emotions are high right now both with you guys and the mods.

It's being taken care of, and the Faygo infraction (that led to Banning) was unfortunately timed badly. The Breloom issue had just changed from fake death to the ****ed up **** that it is now, and it happened in a flash.

I'm flat out disgusted though with all this. Not you all, but Breloom. Trust me, everyone else on the staff feels the same.
Unban Faygo and I will be happy.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Now not to potentially fan flames, but in defense of the mods it’s not as if they’re all-knowing. Is that a major thing to slip through cracks? Sure. But it was incredibly well hidden, and kids were taken advantage of. That’s obviously horrible.

It happened this time, and sure there should have been things in place. Now that folks are entirely aware, there’s an opportunity for staff to put up measures to fight that sort of thing.

Being angry at people isn’t going to solve the problem. Things could have gone more smoothly. But we’ve got to move forward and help those who have been harmed, especially to make sure it never happens again.

This sucks balls. Big ones. Like, I just get the creeps from that, and I will say it’s something I never expected to actually happen. We can and will do better.

man i'd appreciate it if you responded to me for once

if you want to pm about this i'd be more than happy to explain my side, but i'm going to knock it off in the thread cause I've said my peace

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
OH GOD

I actually was on friendly terms with one of his alts a few months ago

Jesus

JESUS

IM SORRY DUDES I CAN'T ANYMORE

this is a betrayal of the highest order

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
@ShinyLegendary

I'll be honest with you buddy, I kinda jumped to conclusions with you. I saw you ranting and thought you were just being weird again, I had no idea.

Shiny, I'm beggin' ya...forgive me.
Tensions were high for everyone. Don't feel bad, you had no way of knowing the truth until now.

If anything, I apologize for not telling you sooner, considering you came close to being a victim.

Shroob

Sup?
If we don't stop him now, he'll just hunt another site. God knows how many he's put through this **** already.

We're not dealing with a human anymore, they're scum.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also just so I have a full picture can someone pm me the full story. I have an idea on it but I’d like confirmation just in case.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Tensions were high for everyone. Don't feel bad, you had no way of knowing the truth until now.

If anything, I apologize for not telling you sooner, considering you came close to being a victim.
Wait a minute...

How did you find out who was close to becoming a victim? That is incredibly scary to think about. (I know you aren't associated with Breloom, just curious how you found that out. Breloom was kind of closed-doors with me in my DM)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
There is....ONE....I suspect.

I think most people here may be on the same page, maybe, but I don't have any proof besides their recent actions.
This is a very serious matter. You are welcome to PM me with any of your suspicions, no matter how substantiated they may be. I will investigate them. That goes for anyone in this thread.
Right now that's justified.

And I'd like to compliment you for your handling of the earlier situation. Things got hot, you locked the thread, things cooled down, you said "hey, cool down a bit guys," and that was it. We were moving on.

Obviously some modmins weren't happy with that. I'm not sure who, but obviously somebody/some group on the modmin team has it out for Faygo and other users, and used this as an excuse to infract unjustly.
I'm not sure I'll be able to convince you that we don't have it out for Faygo, but it's really not the case. We reviewed numerous posts about the situation and infracted a small handful of users. The degree to which his (and a couple other users) posts went was far further than the rest. Trust me, we are not mustache-twirling villains reveling as the social thread users become infuriated by their friend's temporary banning.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Look.

No one's mad because the mods failed to catch this. We all did. To get mad at someone for not catching it would be hypocritical.

People are mad that some modmins are using this opportunity to target users here.

This goes beyond faygo or any one user. This effects our entire community. By infracting users now they only drive us further apart, especially when the posts made were for the sake of rebuilding our community in the wake of this horrendous event.

THAT'S what people are mad about.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Yeah, just dropped in for the first time in days, got some general description in Discord, but I'm curious on how dissapointed at myself I have to be, just in case I was thinking any of the alts were cool people.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Shiny, im ****ing sorry. I didnt do anything to ya but im still sorry

know what, **** it, add me too

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
@ShinyLegendary, I'm sorry, please forgive me, I thought you were just being dramatic.

I understand now.

Absolutely garbage that you had to be used like this...

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
My kindness was taken advantage of

the one principal I live my entire life practicing, being kind to any and all who cross your path, was taken advantage of.
It's the worst feeling, isn't it?

Just... as a friend, don't let this change you.

Be better than those who take advantage of you.
EVERYONE.

Well said.

I might just send you a Discord Friend Request, not because I need to talk, but because you're a friend. :)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Truth be told, we wanted to keep this a secret for a while longer, purely because tensions were already high in the thread after it was revealed that Brelooming faked his death, and we knew that revealing this would just bring everything to a fever pitch.

But now we all know. Brelooming was an utterly disgusting, reprehensible person. He deserves everything that's coming to him right now.
It would be for the best to get everything out in the air now, rather than let things fester over the course of days or week. That ******* shouldn't get to stick around here.

Geez this day is heavy. I'm not one to get real emotional on here, but I'm sorry to everyone who had to go through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom