• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That is absolutely not why we're here Toaster.
Bro I know you're cool but you gotta understand that i definitely wasn't the only one who thinks that. I didn't think you were gonna do it either, and in sensitive situations where people are all riled up, it's been silenced just cause.

I was just preempting- if this was shut down, not only would it prove a lot of things, it would also be pretty wrong

Like I said, wasn't aimed at you if that's what you thought, my bad

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Seems like we will never have a normal day here. Never.
We'll

We'll have a normal day

Just not today

A horrible person was someone in our midst

A horrible person was several people in our midst

But the rest of us have been having the same reactions in unison. First mourning, then anger, then utter disgust.

I have faith in the rest of us, if we can all just refuse to give up.

But we've got one absolute trashfire of a human being to purge from our collective lives and publicly shame for the worst crimes imaginable today.

Noipoi

Howdy!
My kindness was taken advantage of

the one principal I live my entire life practicing, being kind to any and all who cross your path, was taken advantage of.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Well, since it was already dropped, might as well give you the whole story.

Brelooming Disaster was not a 13-year-old kid. He was a late-20-something man, who messaged a few underage users around here and forced them to roleplay erotic situations with him. I will not post the evidence in such a public space, but know that there is in fact physical evidence to support these claims.
Oh **** guys... Oh I feel ****ing sick.

I comforted this sick **** on Discord.

Yeah I'm out for a while.

****ing people.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
BRELOOMING WAS A PEDO!?

IM DONE MAN

IM ****ING DONE

B R U H

THIS IS THE MOTHER OF ALL BRUH MOMENTS OF THIS BRUH MOMENT OF A WEEK

...I think. I'll be away until E3. I can't take this bull**** anymore

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm not one to normally go to extremes.

But surely the law needs to step in and hunt this ****** down
We've been thinking about that, but we also want the consent of those he victimized. After all, they'll be in for intensive questioning if we call the police.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Okay, here we go. Don't want to cut corners here.

I figured Breloom was still alive. There were many flaws in his story, but I didn't have the heart to point them out because, in the end, if I'm wrong, I accused a kid with cancer to be lying about their disease. But now it turns out that my original guess was right, so let's just look at how some things line up.

Some time back:

Breloom has a fit and leaves SB.

Breloom comes back, but no doubtly remembers why he left.

No longer that close with the users, but because they were lying about the profile, then they had to continue the act.

Trying to get users to feel pity, he starts asking about tuberculosis so that it could become a topic, mentioning multiple times that it could be deadly.

People wish for him to get well soon. After Arigarmy's survival of tuberculosis, nobody really thinks he is going to die, but is just very sick.

Breloom never planned on sticking around for that long here, so he wanted to go out with a bang, being remembered by all.

Suddenly "catches" leukemia a couple days before dying.

This isn't how leukemia works. I know exactly two people with leukemia who successfully made it to chemotherapy, but cancer isn't just a disease that you pick up and it instantly kills you. It takes more than three days to die to leukemia.

Tuberculosis has a high survival rate, thusly low mortality rate. Brelooms "understanding" of leukemia is surprisingly miniscule.

I add Breloom on Discord. Still going by Brelooming Disaster.

Don't say anything until after he "died". Of course, I don't want to be apathetic in case a child truly died, but I did offer my condolences.

After some time, Brelooming Disaster changes their name to: "Brelooming's" Bro.

There were plenty of alarm bells going off, so I wanted to bait out some questions. But, before I could bait questions, the account said "I'm sorry" and "I'm so sorry" multiple, multiple times. I had to stop them to say "Dude. I'm not the one you should be apologizing to. I'm so sorry for you, because you are the one most affected by his passing." He then says that I'm right, and that he hurts. Now onto the questions that I baited and the answers.

I DM'd him in the middle of the day, and I got a response instantly. So I ask if he is just waiting to respond to any inquiries about his brother, because he was responding so quickly to everything that I sent. His response was that he was carrying around his brother's phone in his name, because people deserved to know what happened.

I then ask why he is even concerned about discord, because you and your family should be too heartbroken to bother with his friends, followed by whether he was planning the funeral or not. The answer to the first part was very similar to the above, and he said that his parents were doing most of the funeral planning, so he had time.

I asked him when Breloom died, he gave me the date.

I asked why he switched the name to Breloom's bro, and I never got a response back.

Later he changed his name back to Brelooming Disaster.

I came here to post this conspiracy after I was talking with his "brother" today, because I was skeptical of whether Breloom was really dead. Turns out my expectations were surprisingly unmatched to realize that Breloom was actually 20. While I figured Breloom never died, I never really thought about the possibility of them being a different age. Then again, I don't know many 14 year old SB users. At all. Shiny is the youngest SB user I know. My age is clearly visible on the site. I was never targeted by Brelooming's malicious deeds. If anybody wishes to add onto this list with info obtained from Breloom, then do so. Make sure it is SFW however, and nothing that could incite any, "triggering" if I may, emotions. Thank you all for listening to my history of interactions with Breloom's Bro.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey, remember when I said "It can't get worse, unless they did something illegal." Well, it got WAAAAAAY worse. With this dude being actual criminal, child creeping scum.

Hurry up and ban the alt accounts. we CANNOT have this dude creeping around kids anymore.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon We're here because the tension in this thread is very high right now, and people are far more likely to be short with each other. Just a page ago users were ganging up on an already very hurt individual and flaming him. We are here to take swift action if people start treating each other poorly.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Oh ****. This thing is gotten worse. First a fake death, now a pedo. Goddamnit.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
We have evidence, don't we? Can't we do something about it?
We have all the evidence we need, should we decide to go to law enforcement.

Shroob

Sup?
DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon We're here because the tension in this thread is very high right now, and people are far more likely to be short with each other. Just a page ago users were ganging up on an already very hurt individual and flaming him. We are here to take swift action if people start treating each other poorly.
To be fair, that was due to a lack of information.

You're never going to see us united more than now.

D

Deleted member

While I think everybody is completely justified over being angry, turning the situation into a "**** the mods" conversation is unproductive and clearly not the thing we should be doing (which is mending anyone hurt by this). Take what you will from this, but we're overestimating the purpose of mods.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
In that case, I appreciate it.
As the person who accused the staff of just being here to shut everyone down
yet again.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Alright people...if you want a mod to share their entire thoughts, here you go.

to be quite frank...this is sad. I feel bad for everyone that's had to deal with emotional pain, especially with the fake death scandal that has occured over the past few hours. Do I know the nitty gritty? No. But I know that it has been a terrible event and it's unfortunate that it had to happen. We as a staff want this place to be a place of comfort and enjoyment for all, talking about video games and culture and escaping from life...that's what Smashboards is supposed to be about. This is why Gideon made the site in the first place. I seriously LOVE it here...but I can't take this position anymore. This place is meant to be a safe haven, but no matter how hard we try to reach said goal, the goal never seems to be reached.

Whether I'm moderating Nintenzone or dropping by to say hello on Social, there's nothing but vinegar thrown everywhere half the time. And, when there are plenty of people that want to make the site better for all, it seems like walls are built no matter what happens instead of bridges. To be quite frank, I'm tired of dealing with this crap. Besides, I have too much going on right now in my personal life to deal with this kind of drama right now.

So...I'm resigning from my moderator position. I've loved my time as a moderator, and perhaps I will return to such a position one day. But right now, do I want to be a moderator? Do I think it's the right time to be a moderator right now, considering both all that has happened recently, in the past with this forum, and with my personal life?

...No. Not a chance.

I can't take this crap right now. The drama on this site is part of the reason why I'm quitting in the first place. Couple that with personal life drama, with how I feel like a failure every single day, whether I try to moderate on here or try to do my best at my job...I've had enough.

I hope that you all have enjoyed having me as a moderator. If so, I'm glad that I could help in the effort of making this forum feel more at home for you. If not, I'm sorry. I do all I can, but I'm not Superman, as much as I hate to admit it. I did all I could to help in the effort of running this site more efficiently...and that's all I can really do.
I don't blame you for leaving your position.

This is a horrible situation.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I would like to think that the "users" in general were banned. In addition, while I'm sure it's not as if Mods or admins want it made public specifically that there was a pedophile, it would probably be a good idea to at least tell people there's a pedophile on the boards, or that there was.

Christ on a cracker. What a ridiculous situation. I'm completely disgusted.

(also not to say that people were right to tell Shiny to chill, but it truly did seem like rambling until given proper context. That **** makes alllllllll the difference.)
Actually, the staff only recently found out.

Of course what is happening is horrible and I feel really bad for those who were victims of this person.

I can safely say we are taking action in some way. I cannot literally list what the action is(as that's Administration-level business and to say the least, more will be posted once stuff is figured out).

I vastly apologize for those who had to suffer due to us lacking information, and we're very thankful many users helped us by directly information us of this user's horrible deeds.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Okay, here we go. Don't want to cut corners here.

I figured Breloom was still alive. There were many flaws in his story, but I didn't have the heart to point them out because, in the end, if I'm wrong, I accused a kid with cancer to be lying about their disease. But now it turns out that my original guess was right, so let's just look at how some things line up.

Some time back:

Breloom has a fit and leaves SB.

Breloom comes back, but no doubtly remembers why he left.

No longer that close with the users, but because they were lying about the profile, then they had to continue the act.

Trying to get users to feel pity, he starts asking about tuberculosis so that it could become a topic, mentioning multiple times that it could be deadly.

People wish for him to get well soon. After Arigarmy's survival of tuberculosis, nobody really thinks he is going to die, but is just very sick.

Breloom never planned on sticking around for that long here, so he wanted to go out with a bang, being remembered by all.

Suddenly "catches" leukemia a couple days before dying.

This isn't how leukemia works. I know exactly two people with leukemia who successfully made it to chemotherapy, but cancer isn't just a disease that you pick up and it instantly kills you. It takes more than three days to die to leukemia.

Tuberculosis has a high survival rate, thusly low mortality rate. Brelooms "understanding" of leukemia is surprisingly miniscule.

I add Breloom on Discord. Still going by Brelooming Disaster.

Don't say anything until after he "died". Of course, I don't want to be apathetic in case a child truly died, but I did offer my condolences.

After some time, Brelooming Disaster changes their name to: "Brelooming's" Bro.

There were plenty of alarm bells going off, so I wanted to bait out some questions. But, before I could bait questions, the account said "I'm sorry" and "I'm so sorry" multiple, multiple times. I had to stop them to say "Dude. I'm not the one you should be apologizing to. I'm so sorry for you, because you are the one most affected by his passing." He then says that I'm right, and that he hurts. Now onto the questions that I baited and the answers.

I DM'd him in the middle of the day, and I got a response instantly. So I ask if he is just waiting to respond to any inquiries about his brother, because he was responding so quickly to everything that I sent. His response was that he was carrying around his brother's phone in his name, because people deserved to know what happened.

I then ask why he is even concerned about discord, because you and your family should be too heartbroken to bother with his friends, followed by whether he was planning the funeral or not. The answer to the first part was very similar to the above, and he said that his parents were doing most of the funeral planning, so he had time.

I asked him when Breloom died, he gave me the date.

I asked why he switched the name to Breloom's bro, and I never got a response back.

Later he changed his name back to Brelooming Disaster.

I came here to post this conspiracy after I was talking with his "brother" today, because I was skeptical of whether Breloom was really dead. Turns out my expectations were surprisingly unmatched to realize that Breloom was actually 20. While I figured Breloom never died, I never really thought about the possibility of them being a different age. Then again, I don't know many 14 year old SB users. At all. Shiny is the youngest SB user I know. My age is clearly visible on the site. I was never targeted by Brelooming's malicious deeds. If anybody wishes to add onto this list with info obtained from Breloom, then do so. Make sure it is SFW however, and nothing that could incite any, "triggering" if I may, emotions. Thank you all for listening to my history of interactions with Breloom's Bro.
Ohhhh he didn't just leave

ALL THREE OF HIS ACCOUNTS WERE REGULARS

Clown was JUGGLING

D

Deleted member

Oh **** guys... Oh I feel ****ing sick.
I know I feel ****ing sick too this is just terrible, Absolutely and positively terrible.

This place was supposed to be a safe space and now we have a Pedophile running around trying to do some nasty things of which he has successfully done with some regulars here and you know what? That's terrifying and absolutely disgusting.

The Staff need to do a better job at keeping this kinda **** from happening it's bad enough that he faked his own death that not only made people including children experience both death and betrayal but also Children being groomed by some mid 20's loser.

Unforgivable.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Right now that's justified. I'm not arguing with that.

And I'd like to compliment you for your handling of the earlier situation. Things got hot, you locked the thread, said "hey, cool down," things cooled down, you guys acknowledged that and even thanked us for it and that was it. We were moving on.

Obviously some modmins weren't happy with that. I'm not sure who, but obviously somebody/some group on the modmin team has it out for Faygo and other users, and used this as an excuse to infract unjustly. An opportunity to have the community grow closer was ruined, and used to drive us farther apart.

It seems recently some modmins have had it out for the community as a whole, which is incredibly unsettling.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
*sigh*, This is not going well.

I probably should stay off this site for a while, or just the topic, or both...

Noipoi

Howdy!
One of his alts wanted to be in the anime poster. There wasn't any space though.

I am very glad I decided not to add a monster to my greatest SB achievement symbolizing our community.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Of course what is happening is horrible and I feel really bad for those who were victims of this person.

I can safely say we are taking action in some way. I cannot literally list what the action is(as that's Administration-level business and to say the least, more will be posted once stuff is figured out).

I vastly apologize for those who had to suffer due to us lacking information, and we're very thankful many users helped us by directly information us of this user's horrible deeds.
Thanks for being cool right now Chinder

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Holy ****.

You know honestly @ all the mods. We should purge this thread and social for more then a few hours imo.

A lot of **** has gone down from fakes deaths to ****ing pedophiles of all things. I’ll be honest this needs control and with the thread open it’s going to get bad. We should really just make a new thread and purge this one. But then wait a bit more before doing so. A lot needs to be sorted out and some changes need to be made in my honest opinion.

I’ve said it before,
But Sakurai your our only hope. Come cleanse the hell out of here so things can maybe get back to normal. It’s absurd how wild this thread has escalated lately.

Shroob

Sup?
Guys, am I being paranoid? Because a certain user's actions earlier rubbed me the wrong way and I can't help but feel like they're another alt.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
If we want to reboot the social thread, NOW would be the absolute BEST time. Christ, I need to get off the site after what transpired.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
They are banned. If you suspect other alts, please report them immediately.
I barely know much of what's going on. So I can't help much with the investigative part.

I can only hope as many of you guys to stay as safe as possible.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

I've always appreciated your work Chi. Thank you for being very patient during this time.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
While I think everybody is completely justified over being angry, turning the situation into a "**** the mods" conversation is unproductive and clearly not the thing we should be doing (which is mending anyone hurt by this). Take what you will from this, but we're overestimating the purpose of mods.
nice sentiment
everyone who is complaining is fully aware that mods are just doing their jobs and has a problem with ye olde graynames

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom