• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
DLC as a whole though overall. My prediction still stands.

-Banjo-Kazooie (Alternatively Crash Bandicoot)
-Erdrick
-Jill Valentine
-Joker (Confirmed)
-Lloyd Irving

E3/June: Banjo-Kazooie (Crash Bandicoot); Releases August and Erdrick; Releases August
EVO/August: Lloyd Irving; Releases December
VGA/December: Jill Valentine; Releases February 2020

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Imagine if Smash Ult allowed you to change the Character Select theme, so you could hear " I WANNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE"

This post was just an excuse to make a MvC2 CSS reference

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
If Master Chief wasn't shot down by Frank then I would've thought he would be the Microsoft rep. I dunno it made sense to me that the mascot of Xbox would be the first to join. But if Nintendo of Japan didn't pick him then either we don't have a Microsoft rep for DLC or they opted for a different character, and if they opted for a different character then the second character that makes most sense to me is Steve from Minecraft. Joker's reveal kind of set the tone for how we should expect the rest of the fighter pass, and Minecraft fits that tone in my opinion.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Master Chief wasn't shot down by Frank then I would've thought he would be the Microsoft rep. I dunno it made sense to me that the mascot of Xbox would be the first to join. But if Nintendo of Japan didn't pick him then either we don't have a Microsoft rep for DLC or they opted for a different character, and if they opted for a different character then the second character that makes most sense to me is Steve from Minecraft. Joker's reveal kind of set the tone for how we should expect the rest of the fighter pass, and Minecraft fits that tone in my opinion.
I thought that was debunked a while back?

D

Deleted member

Also let's just face it Erdrick is gonna be in Smash guaranteed no ifs or buts about it he is in, I don't care about being "Safe" Erdrick is straight up in.

And if I end up being wrong? Who cares I was considering deleting my account anyways.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I've given up on listening to insiders and leakers completely since surprises are more fun.

But now we have Hitagi (person behind the whole "Katalina" thingie) calling Verge a fraud, with Hitagi stating he (Verge) is actually multiple people posting on one account.

I doubt it's true though, since Hitagi hasn't gotten any Smash related stuff right (so far at least)...
That would kind of make sense actually. It sort of explains why verge will go and say completely different things at times. Like how he said erdrick stopped commenting on him, got involved in Steve talk and went. Also would explain why he got the links awakening remake wrong. At the same time most of his actual “leaks” can be attributed to bad sources. But on his personality if it was different it wouldn’t shock me. It’s unlikely though.

Regardless I think both him and hitagi are still wrong about dlc. As well as most insiders. All these people were claiming to know up to 3 different characters, yet none of them were joker and that makes me pretty supcious of them. Especially as verge backed hitagi as trustworthy for a bit. Not to mention the flip flop with Minecraft content even though verge would have known from the datamine the ended dragon was not a boss.

Surprising it seems the dlc is pretty under wraps which makes me skeptical that anyone knows one character in it, let alone a full list. E3 is gonna make or break everything though and I’m pretty excited for it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I am late, but it is sad to hear what happened to Brelooming Disaster. He was such a cool guy. May he be missed, but remembered. I hope for the best for his family and friends who are dealing with this...*sigh*

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
A character originally made for a crossocer fighter joins the battle in a bigger crossover fighter, making him the first character in a crossover fighter to originate from a crossover fighter, making him the first crossover fighter rep in said crossover fighter.
I love how I can tell you fully wrote this out instead of copy and pasting repeated words to make it easier.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Who was the original newsbearer?
Hinata Hinata broke the news to us earlier
Hello, everyone. I come bearing very unfortunate news.

A few members of this forum have been in contact with Brelooming Disaster and his family ever since his initial diagnosis, and we just got an update on his condition.

Sadly, earlier today, he passed away. I don't even know what to say in this situation. Someone like him never deserved to go through such a terrible experience. You could tell that each passing moment made him more and more stressed.

I ask that you all take a moment to pay your respects to him. Even if you didn't know him personally, Brelooming was a very active member of this community, and it's heartbreaking to hear this happen.
EDIT: Hey Utopian? I'd rather not have this post liked, simply out of respect. I'm just giving you the info and it feels kinda wrong to gain from such devastating news. Please and thank you

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Frank has a large history of trolling with his tweets. However, what really debunked him is 343's tweet making it clear they were not contacted about Smash itself. Frank's more of a soft disconfirmation at best. 343 pretty much killed his chances for the current Fighter's Pass(and we have no reason to believe another one is coming).

That said, one thing that should be remembered is Sakurai isn't worried about Nintendo appearances really at all. He doesn't care if somebody has their game on Nintendo first. This doesn't apply to how Nintendo or the other companies/creators feel. They're a different story. The creator of Dante even said he thinks a DMC game should on Nintendo first before Dante should get in. Of course, assuming he has the authority to say yes or no on Dante being playable(a lot of company stuff is fuzzy these days due to many being removed entirely, like Kojima is), him saying no makes sense. But that might be more on Capcom saying yes or no while taking his opinion into account.

Another way of putting it that these kind of things are not as simple as the "creators" saying no to the idea. We don't know who is directly selected to be talked about for DLC negotiations either, so sometimes even a creator's word is meaningless. Things aren't always that simple.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I wasn't able to post earlier, but deepest condolences to Breloom's friends and family. He was too young to have to endure that horrible experience, and I wish everyone the best in this dark time.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I've always wanted to make a videogame called "Iai"

Where it's a Katana Zero/ Hotline Miami like "Kill all the enemies in the room" type of game except you don't kill enemies one at a time.

Instead when you draw your katana, time slows down temporarily and the person you cut with your katana is still alive and attacking. Instead, you can move on to the next enemies and tagging him with the katana gives you slightly more slowed time. Repeat until you run out of time slow or you tag everyone. Only once the time slow is over do you sheath your katana, at which point every single enemy you cut dies at the exact same time.

The more enemies you kill, the more stylish and flamboyant the final sheathing animation will be, with the most stylish being tossing the katana in the sky and then having it fall into the sheath.

Not sure how far a limited concept like that can go, but it's an idea I've always wanted to see implemented in a game.

I've had this idea since around when I watched this as a kid on TV.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
As i’ve said numerous times before, I think people are overestimating a Microsoft character. I don’t really have anything to substantiate that, but don’t believe the rumors that Steve is in.

I don’t really think that Sakurai is looking at the DLC as “Each company needs a character!”, but I also think he’d be crazy to not dive deeper into the IP that both Namco and Capcom have. There’s so much stuff left that would frankly make the roster as close to “perfect”, at least in my eyes, as possible.

Obviously you can call me biased for Resident Evil, but I do think the roster will seem kinda...weird without it among the gaming legends we have. If you rule out Devil May Cry with the timing of that article, rule out Monster Hunter because of the music and Rathalos in already, that leaves the remaining series looking like Resident Evil, Ghosts ‘n Goblins, Okami, Ace Attorney, and a few others.

Not to make a sales argument, but I will say that just based on the multimedia nature of Resident Evil, there aren’t really any bigger series you could add to Smash as it is. Not to mention, Jill Valentine, Leon Kennedy, Chris Redfield, and Albert Wesker are some of the most iconic characters in gaming. They’d fit right in with characters like Cloud, Sonic and Snake, for example.

Plus, everything would be entirely new from any of those series. They currently have nothing in the game.

Namco has a smaller selection (imo), especially if Heihachi is out of the running. I think he’s be the best choice, and I don’t even play Tekken. My true most wanted from Namco is Lloyd Irving, and Sakurai did sorta insinuate that Lloyd was “the guy” from Tales when speaking about his Mii costume. There’s still Dark Souls to consider and there’s always the dark horse KOS-MOS. But I think they might stick with the big guns if they can do it to really have the star powered crossover.

Either way, not that I think it’s a “each company gets one” thing, I just think Namco and especially Capcom have quality series in their rich libraries that could really bring something new.

(Also, new arena or are we doneskies?)

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've been drawing for four hours

I'm barely half way done

My back hurts, my eyes hurt, my soul hurts

I'm not quitting though

toothless stick.gif

I won't eat until it's done

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
As i’ve said numerous times before, I think people are overestimating a Microsoft character. I don’t really have anything to substantiate that, but don’t believe the rumors that Steve is in.

I don’t really think that Sakurai is looking at the DLC as “Each company needs a character!”, but I also think he’d be crazy to not dive deeper into the IP that both Namco and Capcom have. There’s so much stuff left that would frankly make the roster as close to “perfect”, at least in my eyes, as possible.

Obviously you can call me biased for Resident Evil, but I do think the roster will seem kinda...weird without it among the gaming legends we have. If you rule out Devil May Cry with the timing of that article, rule out Monster Hunter because of the music and Rathalos in already, that leaves the remaining series looking like Resident Evil, Ghosts ‘n Goblins, Okami, Ace Attorney, and a few others.

Not to make a sales argument, but I will say that just based on the multimedia nature of Resident Evil, there aren’t really any bigger series you could add to Smash as it is. Not to mention, Jill Valentine, Leon Kennedy, Chris Redfield, and Albert Wesker are some of the most iconic characters in gaming. They’d fit right in with characters like Cloud, Sonic and Snake, for example.

Plus, everything would be entirely new from any of those series. They currently have nothing in the game.

Namco has a smaller selection (imo), especially if Heihachi is out of the running. I think he’s be the best choice, and I don’t even play Tekken. My true most wanted from Namco is Lloyd Irving, and Sakurai did sorta insinuate that Lloyd was “the guy” from Tales when speaking about his Mii costume. There’s still Dark Souls to consider and there’s always the dark horse KOS-MOS. But I think they might stick with the big guns if they can do it to really have the star powered crossover.

Either way, not that I think it’s a “each company gets one” thing, I just think Namco and especially Capcom have quality series in their rich libraries that could really bring something new.

(Also, new arena or are we doneskies?)
I don't believe Steve is in.

But I think Banjo has great chances.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Frank has a large history of trolling with his tweets. However, what really debunked him is 343's tweet making it clear they were not contacted about Smash itself. Frank's more of a soft disconfirmation at best. 343 pretty much killed his chances for the current Fighter's Pass(and we have no reason to believe another one is coming).

That said, one thing that should be remembered is Sakurai isn't worried about Nintendo appearances really at all. He doesn't care if somebody has their game on Nintendo first. This doesn't apply to how Nintendo or the other companies/creators feel. They're a different story. The creator of Dante even said he thinks a DMC game should on Nintendo first before Dante should get in. Of course, assuming he has the authority to say yes or no on Dante being playable(a lot of company stuff is fuzzy these days due to many being removed entirely, like Kojima is), him saying no makes sense. But that might be more on Capcom saying yes or no while taking his opinion into account.

Another way of putting it that these kind of things are not as simple as the "creators" saying no to the idea. We don't know who is directly selected to be talked about for DLC negotiations either, so sometimes even a creator's word is meaningless. Things aren't always that simple.
Would the manager of a social media account really know about the status of a character being in a crossover? If you can explain this then go ahead, because I want to fully write Chief out of my head.

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
I would love to talk Smash but I can't believe I went THIS long on this site and never realized I never got to making my full catalog of games I've played.

also y'all know the banjo train is comin next month CHOO CHOO

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This reminds me of the Wii era, and it's obsession of telling you to take a break every 30 minutes because clocks don't exist or something.

Ironically, the only game I remember where a break was mandatory was a DS game, being BiS.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I'm in the mood to share some stuff I had been working on. It's nothing special because I haven't touched it in 7 months, see attached:

2019-05-22.png

But instead of ****posting as usual, I am actually going to post what one may label "quality content". Now this was back when Odyssey was still a big deal on the Switch, and Ultimate wasn't even out. Galaxy was successful, so it thusly got a sequel. Odyssey is one of the best selling games on the Switch, so it makes economical sense for a sequel to be produced. Because this is a fangame layout, nothing here is official. I will say, this sounds like a $60/copy transcript in my opinion, so prepare to be marveled. The whole gimmick of the game is that the themes of all of the kingdoms (cascade, wooded, lake), are scrambled across pre-existing kingdoms. The kingdoms are still the same, however they have an Infectant theme from a different kingdom. New kingdoms are added with corresponding infectants. This will be spread out onto two more posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom