• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm still on team "Nobody knows who the DLC is"

Also, its funny that despite Smash being notorious for leaks, both real and fake, they've been rather secure with DLC in comparison to other fighting games that had DLC datamined before day 1.

Like, the worst that happened was with Roy and Ryu, but that was like 2 out of 14 DLC characters from both games.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hey guys, my friends and I are streaming Free-For-All custom stages! Anyone who wants to have a good, relaxing, comfy time is free to do so.
The room ID is, of course, as follows:
ID: MCDYQ
Pass: 0000
the game done died on me...oof...return time

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I wouldn’t be surprised if somebody knows at least who Fighter 3 is.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if that leaks soon as well.

I hope we at least get some idea ahead of time so that we have something to work off of, but not something that’s as obvious as Brave turned out to be.

Please be Resident Evil.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm actually the opposite wherein any mention of my unlikely characters is in a list, I am immediately skeptical to its claims.

Look me in the eyes and tell me Sol Badguy has a legitimate chance.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I had a similar idea, but with the X-Men instead of the Avengers. Use Cerebro to detect mutants and recruit them before Magneto does, so your "party" can be different based on dialogue and which mutants you go after.

Same here with the lack of relevant game creation skills.
That definitely sounds like it would be fun. I'm not as familiar with the X-Men as I am with other Marvel franchises (I have Marvel Unlimited, but I have no idea where to start with the X-Men - I'm giving Chris Claremont's run a shot, though, since that introduced Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus, and Storm to the team), but I could see that leading to a lot of interesting scenarios, especially if Magneto's team changes depending on which missions you prioritize.

Depending on if you'd use canonical mutants or not, I could see some really sadistic choices being set up for the player, like forcing them to choose between recruiting one of two fan favourites, resulting in the other one joining Magneto.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Imma need some dlc character that can match the treatment of Joker

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I just hope we see two character reveals at E3. I know it's likelier that we'll see only one, but there's still a possibility we'll see the second DLC character and their gameplay trailer while the third DLC character is revealed with no gameplay trailer like Joker.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Imma need some dlc character that can match the treatment of Joker
Given that they're all getting Spirit Boards, stages, music, etc., along with how the development team treated the DLC newcomers in Smash 4, I feel like all of them will get a pretty similar treatment.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
>TFW you find out It: Chapter Two will be longer then Avengers: Endgame.

195 minutes. 3 hours and 15 minutes.
That's a surprise - I've read the book, and it doesn't seem like the adult portion could be stretched out for that long. I haven't seen the first part, so I don't know how much they cover, but I thought it was all of the child portion. (or at least most of it)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given E3 is nearing soon enough. What are everyone's bets on the DLC reveals?

Still thinking two reveals and them being Erdrick and Banjo (Alternatively Crash otherwise).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Team Sonic Racing is pretty fun. Rouge is the best character. I’m sorry but I don’t make the rules she just is.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
That definitely sounds like it would be fun. I'm not as familiar with the X-Men as I am with other Marvel franchises (I have Marvel Unlimited, but I have no idea where to start with the X-Men - I'm giving Chris Claremont's run a shot, though, since that introduced Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus, and Storm to the team), but I could see that leading to a lot of interesting scenarios, especially if Magneto's team changes depending on which missions you prioritize.

Depending on if you'd use canonical mutants or not, I could see some really sadistic choices being set up for the player, like forcing them to choose between recruiting one of two fan favourites, resulting in the other one joining Magneto.
I'd like for the canon mutants to be used, because it would make the choices really hard instead of just comparing stats. also it would open up many cool opportunity to see alternate versions of characters, like what if Beast joined Magneto but Professor X snagged Quicksilver? stuff like that.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Still thinking two reveals and them being Erdrick and Banjo (Alternatively Crash otherwise).
Erdrick reveal and gameplay (will release after the direct)

Jill tease at the end (Will drop in August, full gameplay will be shown off at EVO)

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm still on team "Nobody knows who the DLC is"

Also, its funny that despite Smash being notorious for leaks, both real and fake, they've been rather secure with DLC in comparison to other fighting games that had DLC datamined before day 1.

Like, the worst that happened was with Roy and Ryu, but that was like 2 out of 14 DLC characters from both games.
Except I do.

;^)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I second this - I could see Erdrick getting detailed coverage and being released after the E3 presentation, while another character (if they are going to include a character from Microsoft, I'd think it would be announced at E3 - I'm hoping for Banjo) could be saved for the end as a last surprise. We probably wouldn't get that character for another 2-3 months, but given that data-mining kind of ruined the surprise if the next character is Erdrick, then maybe they want to get ahead of that for once.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That's a surprise - I've read the book, and it doesn't seem like the adult portion could be stretched out for that long. I haven't seen the first part, so I don't know how much they cover, but I thought it was all of the child portion. (or at least most of it)
To be fair this might not be true given I saw this on Wikipedia and we know how that site can be. I hope its not that long. I don't mind long movies just as long as they're paced good.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
How about what ideas you have for a Video Game if you could make one?
Wherrrrrre do I start.

First, I do make fighting game ideas more than others.

I have a full series called Hydro-Fighters with its spin-off, WAK Sagas. It's a crossover in itself, though it's more M.U.G.E.N.-like in just containing Original Characters and guys I simple like. Some OC's are completely unique, others are more based upon other specific characters. Sometimes even one OC was not intentional(SSJ Matice, who was essentially a Trunks-lookalike was never intended. I was just supposed to play as Cell. Eventually I created Dark Cell, to further separate the idea. He's an upgrade to a Cell Jr. specifically. He more or less looks like Perfect Cell with some different colorings, but a super long tail with a razor sharp fin at the end kind of similar to Imperfect Cell 2's form).

The next one is a crossover called MegaMan X: The Shadow Falls. Intentional name as it does have Shadow Master from the Double Dragon series as a boss. It had a focus on somewhat Smash-like button gameplay(where each button had its own ability), while also letting you use two buttons at once in many cases to perform stronger combo moves. In addition, it introduced the idea of Fusion as a concept to my fighting games. Every character has a "Vehicle Mode". When you use it while controlling two characters, you get to fuse them. The main Fusion of the game itself(or most promoted) is WAK DimaetriRex, a combination of WAK Tyranno and WAK Dialblo. It also marks the first main usage of a fun OC called Shadow Link III, a unique variant that uses the design of Majora's Mask Young Link in a shadow form. The game itself is kind of a spin-off of the WAK Sagas in a way, as it used many of the same characters from the same roleplay that originated a lot of the stuff. Last notable thing is that MegaMan is from the Ruby Spears' variant, as he has the X Buster. There's other small details, but those are the big ones.

My latest game is Animals: War of the Kingdoms. It's still developing ideas and the roster isn't fully set. In it there's 20 normal characters and at the moment 7 gameplay clones. Each one is focused on a different animal or something related. Two characters have an animal affinity where they control multiple ones(a pirate and his clone, an admiral). Others are just mutants, cyborgs, mutant cyborgs, or armored humans. One notable one is Hawk, who is an expy of Iron Man to a degree. He's an armored government agent who has spent a long time trying to take down the evil Wolf, a mad scientist. Likewise, many of the characters have full names if they were human beforehand. Wolf's real name is Dr. Wulfenkrtuz. Hawk's real name is Avius Chordane. Finally, there's a tiny few stand-outs; the other main hero is Kaotix, a koala bear/panda bear-like cyborg, created by Dr. Cannon, but rebelled in the name of good. Dr. Cannon is the other main villain, who creates animal cyborgs. The last notable/unique member that doesn't fit a regular category is Crocodile Mc Draw. He's the only cyborg mutant in the group, someone who hunts half-animals). There's quite a few others, but those 5 are the most unique.

Another one is called Final Fantasy VIII: The Dimensional Rift. This one isn't all that special, as it's just more of a sequel that brings the characters to tons of other worlds. I made this one before finishing the game and fully understanding its story. However, this did lead to the creation of 4 clones, based upon 4 of the major characters. Stalfos Laser(clone of Squall), Helios Laser(clone of Seifer), Sandra Laser(clone of Selfie), and Ferrol Laser(clone of Zell). In addition to the proper introduction of their father(who used to be human) now named Apoclayo. Though that said, this was made when it more "fun fan crossovers" was a thing, so it's not that well thought out.

Otherwise, I've worked on three different fighting games; one with the Zelda series, with the key mechanic of "different playstyles". 3D, Overhead 2D, and Sidescrolling 2D. I wouldn't call it feasible as is of an idea to say the least. Then there's "Nintendo Fighter", which I technically have everything but costumes done. In it, it had a lot of characters who were mainly on a Nintendo system, and obviously backed by bias or lack of knowledge. For instance, it had no actual Kirby characters since I didn't play a Kirby game till Kirby 64. It still had others, like some MegaMan characters, Final Fantasy characters, and some decent Metroid options. It was partially inspired by M.U.G.E.N. Though I forget if Smash had any real influence at the time. Link using the Downthrust and Upthrust was a given for side-scrolling even if you never played Smash. The only full-out non-Nintendo appearing guest was Diablos from FFVIII. Cause I loved the character. Yeah, that was it. And the latest one is a unique game called "N64 Fighter" at the moment. It has some key roster rules; every main costume(as the second costume can be of any character made before or during the 64 era) must be a character who had a game on the 64. Generally it's kept to video game focus, but one character is allowed because he is a unique game variation(think of like how Kingdom Heart's Mickey Mouse is very unique compared to the cartoon versions) in Megatron X. It's a pretty open roster, and still being worked on.

I've done many beyond that, like three Zelda games(two specifically for Zelda Classic, though the other one is totally createable in ZC). One being a Quest 64 version, one being a Link To The Future game, and one being a Sonic game. I also am slowly working on a Pokemon hack via Quest 64 assets.

I thinkkkkkk that's every video game or series I've worked on. Or at least that is appropriate enough here to mention.

...Did I really get the bottom post. Welp. Though yeah, I guess these could be formatted better. So if you have a hard time reading, I apologize for that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom