• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Would the manager of a social media account really know about the status of a character being in a crossover? If you can explain this then go ahead, because I want to fully write Chief out of my head.
Not necessarily. But I think the Frank and 343 tweets combined pretty much killed the guy's chances overall. I didn't take Frank seriously till the 343 tweet, though. However, this feels a lot like the Cuphead situation, so imo, I think he's not part of the Fighter's Pass. My suggestion is to treat him as "already done" or "vastly unlikely" due to the evidence stacked against him.

Likewise, the stuff said for Steve is even less reliable. He has no real evidence against him at this time, just some leakers who don't think he's likely and people who aren't even talking about his chances but dislike the idea(the latter absolutely wouldn't be an issue. You see, saying they're against the idea isn't something that falls under your typical NDA. They are not saying the character is or isn't in the game. They are just voicing their negative opinions and that's it).

The thing about 343 and Frank's tweets is that they shouldn't be able to say that if they're under NDA as is. Which means there's a pretty good chance Chief isn't even a cameo in the game at this point. That or they had zero bearing on negotiations. I prefer to think the former.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Well it's closed now. :132:

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't believe Steve is in.

But I think Banjo has great chances.
While I personally disagree, I will say this: I think Banjo entirely depends on if Sakurai:

1) Even worked with Microsoft in the first place
2) Microsoft/Rare have plans to revive Banjo as a series

While the pick would certainly resonate with a good amount of people (hell, it’d be a childhood dream for me), there are a few concerns that I could see making that pick a bit more tricky.

He and Kazooie also are like...not quite the icon level of Sonic, Snake or Cloud, but are still recognizable like Bayonetta or Joker maybe? Not that that’s a bad thing, but certain characters carried a ton of hype just based on being an icon. Who knows if that even matters?

Tho, I will also say, I think if there’s a Microsoft character it’s either announced at E3, or the VGAs. But that’s about it.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Ahh nuts, my friend forgot that by leaving the Switch idle, it goes to sleep. I'll let you guys know when the arena is up again if you want to join.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well atleast that was my last game of the day anyways...

KarneraMythos KarneraMythos you had one hell of an awesome room

GGs (also...all of those All Out Attacks kills on Ridley...most of them were not intended for him)

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If you guys don't mind, I would like to post this poem I made in honor of Brelooming Disaster.

You were gone too soon, in the end
Why did this have to happen, my friend
I will say this much, you will be missed
You resting well in Heaven is my wish

You were one of us, and always will be
There is no one who could replace you
You'll always be with us, we can see
You were a great friend, that's so true

May you rest well and rest in peace
We wish our friendship was the key
To saving you from being deceased
This does hurt much for others and me

You may be gone, but you'll still live on
In our souls and in our hearts
You may have passed, but you were strong
You were a good friend from he start

We'll always remember you forevermore
That is so much to you we can tell
Your time with us, we'll always adore
Brelooming Disaster, we all say farewell

Noipoi

Howdy!
Still think Banjo could happen, don't think it's as hopeless as some people do. But I don't quite expect him anymore. It's more of a hope at this point.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Well atleast that was my last game of the day anyways...

KarneraMythos KarneraMythos you had one hell of an awesome room

GGs (also...all of those All Out Attacks kills on Ridley...most of them were not intended for him)
GGs! Glad you enjoyed it!

For anyone else who wants to join our custom stage arena...
ID: 5WL5V
Pass: 0000

D

Deleted member

Still think Banjo could happen, don't think it's as hopeless as some people do. But I don't quite expect him anymore. It's more of a hope at this point.
That is how I feel with Steve to be honest. Steve is not as likely as some of you people pinpoint him out to be, and I really want something related to Minecraft in Smash Bros.
Also, what happened to Banjo's chances? From last time I was there, his chances were up in the air.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Man...I haven’t seen so many AOAs in one day before

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I feel like people overestimate Banjo's chances. I'm not saying this because I'm a Steve supporter, but because a Microsoft rep doesn't seem likely to me.

Also, can we please stop acting like Banjo is an underground pick, while also being a lock at the same time? He's literally neither of those.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Not necessarily. But I think the Frank and 343 tweets combined pretty much killed the guy's chances overall. I didn't take Frank seriously till the 343 tweet, though. However, this feels a lot like the Cuphead situation, so imo, I think he's not part of the Fighter's Pass. My suggestion is to treat him as "already done" or "vastly unlikely" due to the evidence stacked against him.

Likewise, the stuff said for Steve is even less reliable. He has no real evidence against him at this time, just some leakers who don't think he's likely and people who aren't even talking about his chances but dislike the idea(the latter absolutely wouldn't be an issue. You see, saying they're against the idea isn't something that falls under your typical NDA. They are not saying the character is or isn't in the game. They are just voicing their negative opinions and that's it).

The thing about 343 and Frank's tweets is that they shouldn't be able to say that if they're under NDA as is. Which means there's a pretty good chance Chief isn't even a cameo in the game at this point. That or they had zero bearing on negotiations. I prefer to think the former.
Hmm I see. So Chief isn't fully 100% out but he seems very unlikely. I guess that very small hope is gonna remain with me until we see the fighters pass content lol
As for Steve I completely agree with what you say. The so called "evidence" that is stacked against him is grasping at straws, I have yet to see a proper point against Steve's chances that isn't someone's opinion saying they don't want him. From the way I see it Steve has more pros than cons for his chances.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
  1. Mushroom Kingdom: Peach’s Castle (Bowser’s Infectant)
  2. Cloud Kingdom: Land in the Sky (Lake Infectant)
  3. Cap Kingdom: Bonneton (Metro Infectant)
  4. Tropic Kingdom/Lake Kingdom Option
    1. Tropic Kingdom: Jango Jungle (Seaside Infectant)
    2. Lake Kingdom: Lake Lamode (Luncheon Infectant)
  5. Snow Kingdom: Glacier Plains (Cascade Infectant)
  6. Lost Kingdom: Solitary Point (None- Boss)
  7. Retro Kingdom: Fortress Forest (Snow Infectant)
  8. Scrap Kingdom/Sand Kingdom Option
    1. Scrap Kingdom: Wastenbow (Wooded Infectant)
    2. Sand Kingdom: Tostarena (Ruined Infectant)
  9. Ruined Kingdom/Seaside Kingdom Option
    1. Ruined Kingdom: Towersfall (Haunted Infectant)
    2. Seaside Kingdom: Bubblaine (Sand Infectant)
  10. Cascade Kingdom: Ancient Crater (None- Boss)
  11. Metro Kingdom/Luncheon Kingdom Option
    1. Metro Kingdom: New Donk City (Tropic Infectant)
    2. Luncheon Kingdom: Mount Volbono (Cap Infectant)
  12. Wooded Kingdom: Steampass Heights (Cloud Infectant)
  13. Haunted Kingdom/Crag Kingdom Option
    1. Haunted Kingdom: Distorted Manor (Lost Infectant)
    2. Crag Kingdom: Neglected Tors (Scrap Infectant)
  14. Bowser’s Kingdom: Bowser’s Castle (Crag Infectant)
  15. Kaleidoscope Kingdom: Collision of Realities (None- Boss)
The underlined kingdoms and respective infectants are being introduced in this game. The underlined locations are also new. As you may know, the Snow Kingdom houses the land of "Shiveria". However, that does not mean that Shiveria is the only location in the Snow Kingdom, as other locations exist within the same kingdom. The Retro Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom, and Kaleidoscope Kingdom do not have Infectants for obvious reasons.

Boss Kingdoms are never infected, because they are too small. The Cascade and Lost Kingdoms themselves were downgraded to Boss Kingdoms. In the new game, there always has to be sacrifices to keep things fresh. (Keep in mind that the Cloud and Ruined Kingdoms got substantive improvements in size and contents, and the Cascade/Lost infectants still keep the theme alive.

Now, you all may be creating images of what the Cap Kingdom would look like if it were infected by the Metro theme, or something along those lines. To prevent this post from becoming even more massive, I will save it for the next. I am able to disclose the geography of the first four kingdoms, revealing the whole layout. It is hard to process a kingdom with simply words, but try your best to understand it all based on the information given. The recreation is up to the audience's perspective.

Hopefully this takes our minds off of Brelooming, may he rest in peace.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I feel like people overestimate Banjo's chances. I'm not saying this because I'm a Steve supporter, but because a Microsoft rep doesn't seem likely to me.

Also, can we please stop acting like Banjo is an underground pick, while also being a lock at the same time? He's literally neither of those.
I'm gonna act like whatever the fricc I want you're not my dad

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I'm in the mood to share some stuff I had been working on. It's nothing special because I haven't touched it in 7 months, see attached:

View attachment 223603

But instead of ****posting as usual, I am actually going to post what one may label "quality content". Now this was back when Odyssey was still a big deal on the Switch, and Ultimate wasn't even out. Galaxy was successful, so it thusly got a sequel. Odyssey is one of the best selling games on the Switch, so it makes economical sense for a sequel to be produced. Because this is a fangame layout, nothing here is official. I will say, this sounds like a $60/copy transcript in my opinion, so prepare to be marveled. The whole gimmick of the game is that the themes of all of the kingdoms (cascade, wooded, lake), are scrambled across pre-existing kingdoms. The kingdoms are still the same, however they have an Infectant theme from a different kingdom. New kingdoms are added with corresponding infectants. This will be spread out onto two more posts.
Oh yeah this was a page ender so a repost is obligitory so you all know what the **** you just read up above.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
The underlined kingdoms and respective infectants are being introduced in this game. The underlined locations are also new. As you may know, the Snow Kingdom houses the land of "Shiveria". However, that does not mean that Shiveria is the only location in the Snow Kingdom, as other locations exist within the same kingdom. The Retro Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom, and Kaleidoscope Kingdom do not have Infectants for obvious reasons.

Boss Kingdoms are never infected, because they are too small. The Cascade and Lost Kingdoms themselves were downgraded to Boss Kingdoms. In the new game, there always has to be sacrifices to keep things fresh. (Keep in mind that the Cloud and Ruined Kingdoms got substantive improvements in size and contents, and the Cascade/Lost infectants still keep the theme alive.

Now, you all may be creating images of what the Cap Kingdom would look like if it were infected by the Metro theme, or something along those lines. To prevent this post from becoming even more massive, I will save it for the next. I am able to disclose the geography of the first four kingdoms, revealing the whole layout. It is hard to process a kingdom with simply words, but try your best to understand it all based on the information given. The recreation is up to the audience's perspective.

Hopefully this takes our minds off of Brelooming, may he rest in peace.
Put my boi in one of those kingdoms and show just how broken he was in that game :yoshi:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, I love how we went from Banjo is 100% in from pre-E3 to Steve is 100% in with Verge to 50-50 with the Grinch to 60-40 Steve on release to 90-10 Banjo with the whole Mojang employee fiasco right back to 50-50.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Hmm I see. So Chief isn't fully 100% out but he seems very unlikely. I guess that very small hope is gonna remain with me until we see the fighters pass content lol
As for Steve I completely agree with what you say. The so called "evidence" that is stacked against him is grasping at straws, I have yet to see a proper point against Steve's chances that isn't someone's opinion saying they don't want him. From the way I see it Steve has more pros than cons for his chances.
You didn’t hear it from me, but Steve isn’t as likely as people think he is.

His leaks aren’t reliable.

Wait. ****. You heard it from me.

He’s also a meme pick that transcended over time into something people put waaaay too much stock in, imho.

It’s not like he’s not popular. But it’s not like that makes him likely on its own.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Also, I love how we went from Banjo is 100% in from pre-E3 to Steve is 100% in with Verge to 50-50 with the Grinch to 60-40 Steve on release to 90-10 Banjo with the whole Mojang employee fiasco right back to 50-50.
It'll be blocky, low-res Banjo with a moveset combining Minecraft and BK references.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Mr. Potato Steve Harvey is not my father

This is my father
View attachment 223604
NOT EVEN WIKIPEDIA HAS THE ANSWER
Watch as we go to DLC 2 character is 100% in when they're revealed :rolleyes:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
“Super Mario Odyssey 2: Kingdom Collide” takes place immediately after the events of Odyssey 1, except Cappy and his ship have gone back to Cap Kingdom, and a Power Moon crisis has erupted once again. Seeing Mushroom Kingdom as being the first kingdom on the list, it serves the role that one would probably expect. This kingdom acts in a manner of which Cap Kingdom from the first game, in which the basic tutorials are given, as well as a few simple tasks that Peach requires of you in order to gain entrance to the castle. Without Cappy, no captures are able to be made yet. Once you complete the tasks around Mushroom Kingdom, Bowser shows up uninvited, filled with disdain after his latest rejection from Peach, and releases a full onslaught of cannons onto the Kingdom, with his goal of trying to taint every kingdom on the globe with his power. After a cutscene showing Peach’s Castle along with much of Mushroom Kingdom being blown to ruins, and Bowser beginning to stake his claim in the kingdom, Mario is then whisked away to the Cloud Kingdom by Kamek, hoping to keep him in exile while Bowser spreads his mark across the globe. This kingdom is completely unvisitable until after Bowser’s Kingdom is completed, and before Kaleidoscope Kingdom is unlocked.

Once access is re-granted after the rebuilding is completed, the area is largely the same. Peach’s Castle still exists as it did in Mario Odyssey 1, with its homages to Super Mario 64 (albeit the main area and the moat are cut out onto a floating island, we’ll get to that). However, the area around it has changed to meet the Middle Ages of Japan, in a style similar to what was conducted with Bowser’s Kingdom. Enemies such as Pokios, Burrbos, and Chargin’ Chucks exist while the kingdom is under siege, but after the events of the Mushroom Kingdom story (after that of the Bowser’s Kingdom story), only the Pokios and Chargin’ Chucks remain for capturable purposes. Once the kingdom is completed as the second to last in the story before the Kaleidoscope Kingdom, the interior of the castle is reopened, and you are able to access a painting inside that leads to the Retro Kingdom. The outside area requires much more platforming to traverse, with many areas that were once attached to the ground, now being raised into the air as floating islands. Cap tricks are a necessity for moving around this area, for this game makes belly jumping off caps a necessity, with even more complex maneuvers being options for movement, albeit not required in the sense that belly jumps off of caps are now. The game gives tutorials on how to perform such combinations in-game as it did in the previous installment.

1. Cloud Kingdom: Land in the Sky (Lake Infectant)
In the new iteration of Super Mario Odyssey, many of the kingdoms force Mario to visit a completely new location from the first game. Cloud Kingdom is a good example. Both “Nimbus Arena” and “Land in the Sky” both exist within the Cloud Kingdom; in this game, only the latter is visitable, with the former being exclusive to Odyssey 1. This is put into place to maintain the same theme of an area, all while completely modifying the terrain. The terrain in Odyssey 2, though, has a twist. This is the addition of kingdom infectants. Kingdom infectants are “mutations” in a sense that were involuntarily spread during Bowser’s attempts at spreading his influence into all the kingdoms. While in his plan to seize control of all of the kingdoms, Bowser was only able to conquer the Mushroom Kingdom. All of the other failures resulted in a spread of not Bowser’s influence into the target kingdom, but the influence of other kingdoms into the target kingdom. Each kingdom in existence (except for the three designated boss-kingdoms) has been affected by the theme, enemies, and inhabitants of a “random” (chosen) kingdom. The area still primarily consists of theme elements, so Cloud Kingdom is still going to be maybe 90% cloudy. The last 10% goes to the Lake Kingdom infectant, which will create floating bodies of water, as well as Lochladies and other Lake Kingdom enemies and concepts. The only kingdoms that do not spread their influence are the Mushroom Kingdom, Retro Kingdom, and Kaleidoscope Kingdom, for obvious reasons. Don’t worry, the kingdom infecting appears and is explained in the cutscene after Mario is sent to the Cloud Kingdom.

The Land in the Sky opens at the base of a giant cloud stairway, leading up to a main “base” cloud. By the time you step foot on the large cloud at the center, the mission for the first power moon begins. The main cloud is connected by cap-clouds to the subsidiary platforms that lead to different areas of the map. The main subsidiary, being that straight forward from the top of the staircase through the main, solid cloud, leads to the primary, and only, air ocean in the Kingdom. The air ocean is surrounded by a membrane that seemingly creates ripples and waves around its boundaries. By passing through this membrane, you enter into the air ocean; this is a zone in which swimming mechanics are activated, yet no air is lost. Large water balls rotate through the air ocean, in which the breath meter is engaged. Also in the air ocean are many varieties of fish, coral, and all different types of decorative surroundings to make the air ocean feel like an ocean. Except for without the blue tint. At the center of the air ocean is a less extensive version of the Lake Kingdom city, however the city (which is inside a glass shell as usual) is completely filled with water. Bubbles are released out of the floor; Mario must pop one in order to refill a portion of his breath meter. Besides the main subsidiary, Mario can also venture to three others besides the first. The second subsidiary is a stationary floating lake with Cheep Cheeps inside; the lake is about 75% the size of the air ocean, so the lake isn’t exactly small, given that the air ocean can fit a two floored replica of the Lake Lamode’s city. The third subsidiary leads to a smaller floating lake, however you can access 2 water balls that circle around the entire kingdom, providing easy transport (provided that you BREATHE), and then a third water ball that circles the smaller floating lake. The fourth and last subsidiary is the area in which most of the non-swimming action is. This is where the Cloudhoppers are located. The Cloudhoppers are a wispy, almost ghostly being just larger than Mario’s size. They resemble light gray cumulus clouds with two glowing electric blue eyes on the top half of their body. On the bottom half, there are three white cylinders that expand and contract as they jump like a spring. They continuously jump up and down to great heights comparable to the frogs from the first game, moving as they jump around the platform. These Cloudhoppers are in fact capturable, and are used similarly to the Cloud Flower from Super Mario Galaxy 2. When the X/Y button is pressed after jumping with A, a half-jump is performed in mid air. This creates a temporary cloud beneath the area that the half-jump was performed, and propels the Cloudhopper in the direction the analog stick is facing. Multiple half-jumps can be performed consecutively, however each time a half-jump is used, a white cylinder beneath the Cloudhopper visually turns a shade of shadow black. Once all three half-jumps/cloud creations are used, all that remains are the jumping capabilities of the Cloudhopper. The Cloudhoppers are used throughout the area of the fourth subsidiary, where many moons are found on various ledges and moving cloud platforms. Finally, there is an extension of clouds behind the air ocean that lead to a walkway of Ty-Foos (which can be led to any of the other subsidiaries to solve different puzzles, a couple Cloudhoppers, as well as a small battle arena where Mario faces off against an undecided mini-boss without the use of any captures. This kingdom is a two-mission completion. The first mission is the first Power Moon, located on the main hub cloud, and the second is against the area mini-boss behind the air ocean.

1. Cap Kingdom: Bonneton (Metro Infectant)
Just because the same location is revisited in Super Mario Odyssey 2, does not mean that it is forced to have the same exact design and layout. Sure, the area is organized relatively the same way. In this game, though, Bonneton got a huge revamp, and the fog level has lowered just enough to create a whole new layer to roam, creating a plateau of sorts where the original layout used to be, with Top-Hat Tower being remodeled into a skyscraper, and the buildings in the background being remodeled and placed into the main accessible zone for the player to visit. Many more Bonnetors are present, and there will now be enough content for a standalone subplot within the area, as well as an area boss rather than a miniboss. At this point, Mario will rejoin Cappy, and the two of them are able to recover control of the Odyssey and venture out into the world after enough moons have been collected.

Bonneton looks much different in layout than how it was in the first game. For one, the fog level has declined, as previously stated, and the area takes on a whole new urban design. Because this is a returning area, not much additional context needs to be provided. Also, the Crazy Cap shop now has a building (once again, modeled after those found on the horizon). Extra running room is always welcome.

1. Tropic Kingdom/Lake Kingdom Option
The Tropic Kingdom is the first kingdom of the game that has not had any of its elements utilized in the past game of Odyssey 1. The theme of this kingdom is, similarly to the Lost Kingdom, it is a deserted island with a jungle theme. The Tropic Kingdom, unlike the Lost Kingdom, is based off of a tropical deserted island, filled with dense Palm Trees, and an open beach filled with the inhabitants of this Kingdom, the Jangolians. These individuals are about 3/4s the size of Mario, and wear coconuts on their heads, concealing their face completely. They live in a castaway type village, with a campfire, open hammocks, leather tarps, and a Crazy Cap shop located outside without a building. The Jangolians used to go explore the jungle and tame its inhabitants, but after the infecting of the kingdom with the Seaside Kingdom elements, they decided to kick back and relax on the open beach. There is limited ocean to explore as opposed to the water areas of the Lake Kingdom or the Seaside Kingdom, however the true treasure of the area lies within the sticky, dense jungle at the area’s core. When you land on the beach with the Odyssey, the game’s mission instructs you to immediately go explore the jungle. Once you attempt to do so, the jungle gets incredibly foggy, the camera viewing is limited, and the narrow pathways through the dense flora is moderately lit with tiki torches, leading in directions that aren’t necessarily correct. The narrow pathways make the accessibility of the jungle a struggle by itself, but some of the paths lead to dead ends that require you to retrace your steps. Of course, you could always try to venture off the path, however the trees and bushes make trudging through the thick brushes very slow and inefficient. One path, though, will lead to a hidden temple, modeled off of that of the Mayans. Entering the temple will have Mario endure a dungeon-crawling exploration, where his goal is to defeat enemies and make his way down floors of obstacles, all in dimly lit rooms that don’t get any lighter as he progresses downward. Once he reaches Floor Sub-10, he is presented with the undecided Kingdom Boss of the area. This Kingdom only has one mission, and this is it. Once it is beaten, the fog in the jungle lifts, the camera readjusts, and navigating the jungle is much more convenient. Also, a permanent rain ensues, meaning that the Gushens spawning around the outer edge of the island can access and zoom around the jungle without needing to refill. Uproots now spawn off the sides of the pathways, as well as a new undecided capturable enemy that makes travelling off the path into the dense rainforest a bit easier. If the jungle isn’t interesting, there is also a water filled cavern adjacent on the island to the beach where the Jangolians live. As no Cheep Cheeps appear in this kingdom, you can use a Gushen to go around back into the cavern, where aplenty of moons await your discovery. The entry is underwater, and once arriving inside, let’s just say the interior is pretty dark. Luckily, capturable Bulbers are available to help guide your way through the area.

That should be about it for what I can show (for now, I have a bunch of spitball attempts to create a formal layout)! While I have a good idea what the other kingdoms will look and play like, I am extremely interested in getting detail suggestions from anybody interested.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
You guys ever think about picks other than Microsoft?

There are others, you know. Like the fact that they’re the two most talked about characters and there’s a good chance neither will be in the game is...kinda hilarious actually.

Maybe some moveset ideas for Resident Evil and Lloyd would be helpful. I changed some ideas since I drew up my Jill moveset, because I didn’t really have anything that really said, “Resident Evil” about it.

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
“Super Mario Odyssey 2: Kingdom Collide” takes place immediately after the events of Odyssey 1, except Cappy and his ship have gone back to Cap Kingdom, and a Power Moon crisis has erupted once again. Seeing Mushroom Kingdom as being the first kingdom on the list, it serves the role that one would probably expect. This kingdom acts in a manner of which Cap Kingdom from the first game, in which the basic tutorials are given, as well as a few simple tasks that Peach requires of you in order to gain entrance to the castle. Without Cappy, no captures are able to be made yet. Once you complete the tasks around Mushroom Kingdom, Bowser shows up uninvited, filled with disdain after his latest rejection from Peach, and releases a full onslaught of cannons onto the Kingdom, with his goal of trying to taint every kingdom on the globe with his power. After a cutscene showing Peach’s Castle along with much of Mushroom Kingdom being blown to ruins, and Bowser beginning to stake his claim in the kingdom, Mario is then whisked away to the Cloud Kingdom by Kamek, hoping to keep him in exile while Bowser spreads his mark across the globe. This kingdom is completely unvisitable until after Bowser’s Kingdom is completed, and before Kaleidoscope Kingdom is unlocked.

Once access is re-granted after the rebuilding is completed, the area is largely the same. Peach’s Castle still exists as it did in Mario Odyssey 1, with its homages to Super Mario 64 (albeit the main area and the moat are cut out onto a floating island, we’ll get to that). However, the area around it has changed to meet the Middle Ages of Japan, in a style similar to what was conducted with Bowser’s Kingdom. Enemies such as Pokios, Burrbos, and Chargin’ Chucks exist while the kingdom is under siege, but after the events of the Mushroom Kingdom story (after that of the Bowser’s Kingdom story), only the Pokios and Chargin’ Chucks remain for capturable purposes. Once the kingdom is completed as the second to last in the story before the Kaleidoscope Kingdom, the interior of the castle is reopened, and you are able to access a painting inside that leads to the Retro Kingdom. The outside area requires much more platforming to traverse, with many areas that were once attached to the ground, now being raised into the air as floating islands. Cap tricks are a necessity for moving around this area, for this game makes belly jumping off caps a necessity, with even more complex maneuvers being options for movement, albeit not required in the sense that belly jumps off of caps are now. The game gives tutorials on how to perform such combinations in-game as it did in the previous installment.

In the new iteration of Super Mario Odyssey, many of the kingdoms force Mario to visit a completely new location from the first game. Cloud Kingdom is a good example. Both “Nimbus Arena” and “Land in the Sky” both exist within the Cloud Kingdom; in this game, only the latter is visitable, with the former being exclusive to Odyssey 1. This is put into place to maintain the same theme of an area, all while completely modifying the terrain. The terrain in Odyssey 2, though, has a twist. This is the addition of kingdom infectants. Kingdom infectants are “mutations” in a sense that were involuntarily spread during Bowser’s attempts at spreading his influence into all the kingdoms. While in his plan to seize control of all of the kingdoms, Bowser was only able to conquer the Mushroom Kingdom. All of the other failures resulted in a spread of not Bowser’s influence into the target kingdom, but the influence of other kingdoms into the target kingdom. Each kingdom in existence (except for the three designated boss-kingdoms) has been affected by the theme, enemies, and inhabitants of a “random” (chosen) kingdom. The area still primarily consists of theme elements, so Cloud Kingdom is still going to be maybe 90% cloudy. The last 10% goes to the Lake Kingdom infectant, which will create floating bodies of water, as well as Lochladies and other Lake Kingdom enemies and concepts. The only kingdoms that do not spread their influence are the Mushroom Kingdom, Retro Kingdom, and Kaleidoscope Kingdom, for obvious reasons. Don’t worry, the kingdom infecting appears and is explained in the cutscene after Mario is sent to the Cloud Kingdom.

The Land in the Sky opens at the base of a giant cloud stairway, leading up to a main “base” cloud. By the time you step foot on the large cloud at the center, the mission for the first power moon begins. The main cloud is connected by cap-clouds to the subsidiary platforms that lead to different areas of the map. The main subsidiary, being that straight forward from the top of the staircase through the main, solid cloud, leads to the primary, and only, air ocean in the Kingdom. The air ocean is surrounded by a membrane that seemingly creates ripples and waves around its boundaries. By passing through this membrane, you enter into the air ocean; this is a zone in which swimming mechanics are activated, yet no air is lost. Large water balls rotate through the air ocean, in which the breath meter is engaged. Also in the air ocean are many varieties of fish, coral, and all different types of decorative surroundings to make the air ocean feel like an ocean. Except for without the blue tint. At the center of the air ocean is a less extensive version of the Lake Kingdom city, however the city (which is inside a glass shell as usual) is completely filled with water. Bubbles are released out of the floor; Mario must pop one in order to refill a portion of his breath meter. Besides the main subsidiary, Mario can also venture to three others besides the first. The second subsidiary is a stationary floating lake with Cheep Cheeps inside; the lake is about 75% the size of the air ocean, so the lake isn’t exactly small, given that the air ocean can fit a two floored replica of the Lake Lamode’s city. The third subsidiary leads to a smaller floating lake, however you can access 2 water balls that circle around the entire kingdom, providing easy transport (provided that you BREATHE), and then a third water ball that circles the smaller floating lake. The fourth and last subsidiary is the area in which most of the non-swimming action is. This is where the Cloudhoppers are located. The Cloudhoppers are a wispy, almost ghostly being just larger than Mario’s size. They resemble light gray cumulus clouds with two glowing electric blue eyes on the top half of their body. On the bottom half, there are three white cylinders that expand and contract as they jump like a spring. They continuously jump up and down to great heights comparable to the frogs from the first game, moving as they jump around the platform. These Cloudhoppers are in fact capturable, and are used similarly to the Cloud Flower from Super Mario Galaxy 2. When the X/Y button is pressed after jumping with A, a half-jump is performed in mid air. This creates a temporary cloud beneath the area that the half-jump was performed, and propels the Cloudhopper in the direction the analog stick is facing. Multiple half-jumps can be performed consecutively, however each time a half-jump is used, a white cylinder beneath the Cloudhopper visually turns a shade of shadow black. Once all three half-jumps/cloud creations are used, all that remains are the jumping capabilities of the Cloudhopper. The Cloudhoppers are used throughout the area of the fourth subsidiary, where many moons are found on various ledges and moving cloud platforms. Finally, there is an extension of clouds behind the air ocean that lead to a walkway of Ty-Foos (which can be led to any of the other subsidiaries to solve different puzzles, a couple Cloudhoppers, as well as a small battle arena where Mario faces off against an undecided mini-boss without the use of any captures. This kingdom is a two-mission completion. The first mission is the first Power Moon, located on the main hub cloud, and the second is against the area mini-boss behind the air ocean.

Just because the same location is revisited in Super Mario Odyssey 2, does not mean that it is forced to have the same exact design and layout. Sure, the area is organized relatively the same way. In this game, though, Bonneton got a huge revamp, and the fog level has lowered just enough to create a whole new layer to roam, creating a plateau of sorts where the original layout used to be, with Top-Hat Tower being remodeled into a skyscraper, and the buildings in the background being remodeled and placed into the main accessible zone for the player to visit. Many more Bonnetors are present, and there will now be enough content for a standalone subplot within the area, as well as an area boss rather than a miniboss. At this point, Mario will rejoin Cappy, and the two of them are able to recover control of the Odyssey and venture out into the world after enough moons have been collected.

Bonneton looks much different in layout than how it was in the first game. For one, the fog level has declined, as previously stated, and the area takes on a whole new urban design. Because this is a returning area, not much additional context needs to be provided. Also, the Crazy Cap shop now has a building (once again, modeled after those found on the horizon). Extra running room is always welcome.

The Tropic Kingdom is the first kingdom of the game that has not had any of its elements utilized in the past game of Odyssey 1. The theme of this kingdom is, similarly to the Lost Kingdom, it is a deserted island with a jungle theme. The Tropic Kingdom, unlike the Lost Kingdom, is based off of a tropical deserted island, filled with dense Palm Trees, and an open beach filled with the inhabitants of this Kingdom, the Jangolians. These individuals are about 3/4s the size of Mario, and wear coconuts on their heads, concealing their face completely. They live in a castaway type village, with a campfire, open hammocks, leather tarps, and a Crazy Cap shop located outside without a building. The Jangolians used to go explore the jungle and tame its inhabitants, but after the infecting of the kingdom with the Seaside Kingdom elements, they decided to kick back and relax on the open beach. There is limited ocean to explore as opposed to the water areas of the Lake Kingdom or the Seaside Kingdom, however the true treasure of the area lies within the sticky, dense jungle at the area’s core. When you land on the beach with the Odyssey, the game’s mission instructs you to immediately go explore the jungle. Once you attempt to do so, the jungle gets incredibly foggy, the camera viewing is limited, and the narrow pathways through the dense flora is moderately lit with tiki torches, leading in directions that aren’t necessarily correct. The narrow pathways make the accessibility of the jungle a struggle by itself, but some of the paths lead to dead ends that require you to retrace your steps. Of course, you could always try to venture off the path, however the trees and bushes make trudging through the thick brushes very slow and inefficient. One path, though, will lead to a hidden temple, modeled off of that of the Mayans. Entering the temple will have Mario endure a dungeon-crawling exploration, where his goal is to defeat enemies and make his way down floors of obstacles, all in dimly lit rooms that don’t get any lighter as he progresses downward. Once he reaches Floor Sub-10, he is presented with the undecided Kingdom Boss of the area. This Kingdom only has one mission, and this is it. Once it is beaten, the fog in the jungle lifts, the camera readjusts, and navigating the jungle is much more convenient. Also, a permanent rain ensues, meaning that the Gushens spawning around the outer edge of the island can access and zoom around the jungle without needing to refill. Uproots now spawn off the sides of the pathways, as well as a new undecided capturable enemy that makes travelling off the path into the dense rainforest a bit easier. If the jungle isn’t interesting, there is also a water filled cavern adjacent on the island to the beach where the Jangolians live. As no Cheep Cheeps appear in this kingdom, you can use a Gushen to go around back into the cavern, where aplenty of moons await your discovery. The entry is underwater, and once arriving inside, let’s just say the interior is pretty dark. Luckily, capturable Bulbers are available to help guide your way through the area.

That should be about it for what I can show (for now, I have a bunch of spitball attempts to create a formal layout)! While I have a good idea what the other kingdoms will look and play like, I am extremely interested in getting detail suggestions from anybody interested.
man this sure is a lot of words

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I’m curious to hear more about your original kingdom ideas. I started thinking of a few ideas myself like an Alpine Kingdom where it consists very much of tall mountains and vertical platforming.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones plz write a longer reply than this ^

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Send help I’m still listening to Interplanet Janet.

Interplanet Janet she’s a galaxy girl,
A Solar System Ms. from a future world,
She travels like a rocket with her comet team
And there’s never been a planet Janet hasn’t seen,
No there’s never been a planet Janet hasn’t seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom