• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
How would y’all react if one of the packs is a Dragalia Lost character? For a profitable game that came out in time for it to be considered for DLC and would represent Cygames I don’t see it talked about at all.
As someone who actually played the game for a while I hope it doesn't come to this.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I’m curious to hear more about your original kingdom ideas. I started thinking of a few ideas myself like an Alpine Kingdom where it consists very much of tall mountains and vertical platforming.
Okay, I will give you a rundown of all of these kingdoms, in ten words or less. Also because nobody read the last megapost (no likes :(, no judging of content besides "look at all those words") this can help you all out too.

1. Mushroom Kingdom: Peach’s Castle (Bowser’s Infectant)
    1. Castle is bombed to oblivion; hop around the ruins, m'kay?
  2. Cloud Kingdom: Land in the Sky (Lake Infectant)
    1. You swim in nothing. Anti-gravity bois! Sometimes you can drown.
  3. Cap Kingdom: Bonneton (Metro Infectant)
    1. Urbanization takes the city, it actually has stuff to do!
  4. Tropic Kingdom: Jango Jungle (Seaside Infectant)
    1. Lazy coconuts stop exploring jungle, dungeon crawling temple is populated.
  5. Lake Kingdom: Lake Lamode (Luncheon Infectant)
    1. Food floating in water, which is at different temperatures. (Hot)!
  6. Snow Kingdom: Glacier Plains (Cascade Infectant)
    1. Vast dinosaur stomping ground, quick traveling methods to navigate barrens.
  7. Lost Kingdom: Solitary Point (None- Boss)
    1. At the top of a very narrow plateau, not much.
  8. Retro Kingdom: Fortress Forest (Snow Infectant)
    1. BOB-OMB BATTLEFIELD! WHOMP'S FORTRESS! Combined into one interconnected nostalgic kingdom.
  9. Scrap Kingdom: Wastenbow (Wooded Infectant)
    1. Junkpile hills, but even in desolation, new life thrives. (Barely).
  10. Sand Kingdom: Tostarena (Ruined Infectant)
    1. Ruins are officially ruined, town similarly, not as much content.
  11. Ruined Kingdom: Towersfall (Haunted Infectant)
    1. Boos everywhere; trailblaze through a ghostly dystopia of neighboring towers.
  12. Seaside Kingdom: Bubblaine (Sand Infectant)
    1. Ocean is drying up?! Beach is droughted; save the water!
  13. Cascade Kingdom: Ancient Crater (None- Boss)
    1. Name implies arena is giant crater. More unique than Lost.
  14. Metro Kingdom: New Donk City (Tropic Infectant)
    1. Kong themed city previously, their jungle is taking over. DK!
  15. Luncheon Kingdom: Mount Volbono (Cap Infectant)
    1. Once a vibrant mountain, the colors are diluting to dull.
  16. Wooded Kingdom: Steampass Heights (Cloud Infectant)
    1. Copper structures high in sky, no ground access, bridges between.
  17. Haunted Kingdom: Distorted Manor (Lost Infectant)
    1. Mansion located on rocky cliff, but ocean is poisoning everything.
  18. Crag Kingdom: Neglected Tors (Scrap Infectant)
    1. Lava, rounded boulders, tar pits, swim in oil. Add trash!
  19. Bowser’s Kingdom: Bowser’s Castle (Crag Infectant)
    1. Traditional Bowser's feel, more lava to add to Imperial architecture.
  20. Kaleidoscope Kingdom: Collision of Realities (None- Boss)
    1. Testing skills; portals to past kingdoms. Think Dimentio. Woooaaah, drugs!
I am justly against leaving these flawless descriptions as is.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
TheMightyP TheMightyP did you see this roster I made before. I’m considering thinking more on the whole sequel idea myself.
While on the subject of PSASBR, I shared a roster I made on the thread @SnakeFighter64 made about a potential sequel and I kinda wanted to share it here too:
Ape Escape-Spike
Battle Arena Toshinde-Eiji Shinjo
BioShock-Big Daddy, Elizabeth
Bloodborne-The Hunter

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night-Alucard
Crash Bandicoot-Crash Bandicoot, Coco Bandicoot, Dr. Neo Cortex
Dead Space-Isaac Clarke
Devil May Cry V-Dante
Doko Demo Issyo-Toro Inoue
Fat Princess-Fat Princess
Gex-Gex
God of War-Kratos, Zeus
Gravity Rush-Kat
Heavenly Sword-Nariko
Horizon Zero Dawn-Aloy
Infamous-Cole MacGrath, Delsin Rowe
Jak and Daxter-Jak and Daxter
Jumping Flash-Robbit
Killzone-Colonel Radec
Knack-Knack
The Last of Us-Ellie

LittleBigPlanet-Sackboy
MediEvil-Sir Daniel Fortesque
Metal Gear-Raiden
Nioh-William
Oddworld-Abe
PaRappa the Rapper-Parappa
Ratchet & Clank-Ratchet & Clank, Captain Quark
Rayman-Rayman
Resident Evil-Jill Valentine

Roscoe McQueen Firefighter Extreme-Roscoe McQueen
Sly Cooper-Sly Cooper, Murphy, Bentley
Spyro the Dragon-Spyro
Syphon Filter-Gabriel Logan

Starhawk-Emmett Graves
Tearaway-Iota/Atoi
Tekken-Heihachi Mishima
Tomb Raider-Lara Croft
Twisted Metal-Sweet Tooth
Um Jammer Lammy-Lammy
Uncharted-Nathan Drake
Wild Arms-Rudy Roughnight

It's gonna be a Bandai Namco rep, simce there the only company with only one franchise playable in Smash.

So maybe Goku from those weird fighting games.
Not gonna happen let it go.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Me: I’m finally free from Interplanet Janet!
Also me: Hits play button again.

My reaction:

5E089164-CAF0-4E51-B366-A54CB3D3F5F2.jpeg

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Retro Kingdom: Fortress Forest (Snow Infectant)
  1. BOB-OMB BATTLEFIELD! WHOMP'S FORTRESS! Combined into one interconnected nostalgic kingdom.
Snow Infectant.

Super Mario 64 may be open world, but Whomp's Fortress is still pretty small. Bob-omb Battefield is a good size. Nothing compared to Odyssey's kingdom sizes. When you enter the kingdom, the Odyssey lands at the intersection, Whomp's fortress straight ahead, and Bob-omb Battefield to the left. And Cool Cool Mountain to the right. The twist is: Cool Cool is grassy, while Bob-omb Battefield is covered in snow. The Infectant caused the weather to swap, giving a whole new perspective on their landscapes. Once the campaign is beaten against the Whomp King, the weather goes back to normal. And you can capture a penguin and do the chimney races as a penguin rather than as Mario. Global leaderboard times, cheesing removed.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
TheMightyP TheMightyP did you see this roster I made before. I’m considering thinking more on the whole sequel idea myself.
It's a good roster, but unfortunately, the bigger issue is how long it takes a game to complete due to the death by supers mechanic it has.

Plus, some characters were absurdly broken.

Not gonna happen let it go.
Fine, how about Vegeta from Jump Force?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It's a good roster, but unfortunately, the bigger issue is how long it takes a game to complete due to the death by supers mechanic it has.

Plus, some characters were absurdly broken.
Not to mention the attack system being totally random with it’s attacks and don’t correlate or logically pair with the directions they’re mapped to. It needs to be streamlined better and I wanted to talk about both those things further.

I wanted to make a roster that has a chance to rival Smash’s at least to start with.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
With E3 coming soon I should probably get to writing my wish list. I'll do it later though, now I'm tired.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
You didn’t hear it from me, but Steve isn’t as likely as people think he is.

His leaks aren’t reliable.

Wait. ****. You heard it from me.

He’s also a meme pick that transcended over time into something people put waaaay too much stock in, imho.

It’s not like he’s not popular. But it’s not like that makes him likely on its own.
I thought the Minecraft content in general was leakbait (at least that's what some dude on 4chan said). Erdrick was listed as another candidate for leakbait but that was mostly based on one guy having a slip of the tongue at a GamerEscape podcast that later got posted to 4chan (comment talking about that bit is on page 464 of the Banjo thread)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
ok but like look at this

View attachment 223614

this is what I want to do

but I can't
I can understand your frustrations, I feel like my style isn't where I want it to be either. Like, if I take my time obviously, I can get a nice realistic picture out, but developing a particular cartoony style can be quite hard. In my case, I'd like to make characters look even half as good as Joe Mad or Ryan Stegman's style, but that doesn't happen easily. Usually, if I'm doing something comic book-y it'll come out as a bit chunkier, and I'm unable get the right amount of BEEF without it looking a bit off from time to time, of course I try to do without references because I don't want a crutch. Or how I'm slightly worse at mimicking Toriyama's art when I want to draw someone from Dragon Ball.

Black Spider-Man Sketch 2.png
For example, I don't particularly like how the head on this sketch came out, I think it's a bit too small, even for me trying to emulate John Romita Sr. So it comes off as a bit shoddier than it should. And not every line is as clean as I'd like it to be, but there's line flaws in most comic art, so I would try not to beat yourself up on that too much either. A lesson I still have to teach myself.

However, the style I've seen from you works pretty well, and I personally like it more than the style that example of what you want is at. Especially when using the pixel style or crayon/pencil tools I've seen you use.

I think developing a set style can be one hell of a hurdle to overcome, so I'm rooting for ya. So don't get discouraged, experiment with stuff, it's the best way to get out of your comfort zone.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I like to come up with a clever joker alongside this image, but since I'm too tired due to me just waking up, I just post this.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I know it’s the joke. I was saying it sarcastically. I’m not that stupid.

...Usually.
Oh no, now I'M the one who can't tell someone's tone.

Sad Robot Ninja 2.JPG

I like to come up with a clever joker alongside this image, but since I'm too tired due to me just waking up, I just post this.
Shouldn't Bayo's bag be filled with Lollipops?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
How would y’all react if one of the packs is a Dragalia Lost character? For a profitable game that came out in time for it to be considered for DLC and would represent Cygames I don’t see it talked about at all.
Honestly, on the low chance we do get a Cygames character, I think it’ll be a Granblue character simply because it’s their most popular series and the one they’re pushing in the general gaming market, with Versus and Relink on the horizon.

Only reason I see DL getting in over Granblue is if they wanted to go with a Nintendo owned character. Then again, Nintendo owns a portion of Cygames’ stock so idk if that’s a factor too.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Okay, so from what I understand, MK11 was the best selling game of April on all major consoles, including Switch.

I wonder if that traction will stay for a bit longer. Is there any major release in May that I'm not remembering?

>Five Hours

Brah
Sometimes it be like that, espeically when animating. Cool, I made my character walk two whole steps, and it looks aight.....I guess.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
My only hope for dlc is someone, don't care who, who I like honestly.

It'd be lame if there wasn't a single character who I enjoyed, but that's probably how it's gonna be.

No good times allowed for the Noipoi
I know that feel all too well.

Since the moods seem to have ease up compared to yesterday, I guess I share this now.
View attachment 223613
Got lots of other tentacles to make, but it's a start.

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy & KarneraMythos KarneraMythos
Oooo, that's looking really neat! How many is he supposed to have?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Sometimes it be like that, espeically when animating. Cool, I made my character walk two whole steps, and it looks aight.....I guess.
Yeah, I hit +8 sometimes

But I was kinda worried because I don't know if Noigod is used to draw for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom