• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Y'know, I think there's a precedent to why Geno has fluctuated in popularity so much. I noticed this time around and in Smash For that after the release of the game the support just...stops. K. Rool, Ridley, and now even Isaac have active fans that campaigned/are campaigning and getting the word out that hey we want more of this character whether in Smash or otherwise years and years round. Geno fans just... give up. And as a passive Geno fan myself it kinda breaks my heart. Geno isn't going to get anywhere like K. Rool and Ridley did because they're fandom just starts and stops so damn much. As if Smash is the only way Geno will ever show up again.

Edit: Obviously I'm not saying all fans are like this. A whole lot of you are very admirably dedicated but the size of the support always diminishes rather quickly with the character.

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Y'know, I think there's a precedent to why Geno has fluctuated in popularity so much. I noticed this time around and in Smash For that after the release of the game the support just...stops. K. Rool, Ridley, and now even Isaac have active fans that campaigned/are campaigning and getting the word out that hey we want more of this character whether in Smash or otherwise years and years round. Geno fans just... give up. And as a passive Geno fan myself it kinda breaks my heart. Geno isn't going to get anywhere like K. Rool and Ridley did because they're fandom just starts and stops so damn much. As if Smash is the only way Geno will ever show up again.

Edit: Obviously I'm not saying all fans are like this. A whole lot of you are very admirably dedicated but the size of the support always diminishes rather quickly with the character.
Yeah, I feel like Geno fans would be happier if the Geno mii costume wasn't released.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Hasn't Geno gotten this after Brawl too? Talk about a bandwagon

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991

Tbh i don’t think Geno is the Square rep but I really feel like he’ll be DLC down the line.

D

Deleted member

I wish that Geno appeared in a new Mario sports game made by Square.
The ones we got from them had Final Fantasy characters, so it is still possible.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Tbh i don’t think Geno is the Square rep but I really feel like he’ll be DLC down the line.
See I think the same but like is it really worth it if the Geno fanbase really is just a bandwagom? I know there are some true, real, hardcore Geno fans in there and they do some damn good work, papagenos papagenos I'm looking at you, but aside from those select few... do people really, really care? Or do people just join in cause of the hype?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Imo, Sonic Generations was the peak of modern Sonic...
My only real nitpick with the game, were the classic stages...
They weren't as fun as the modern stages for me
Other than that, amazing gane

Maybe if you eat your Chef Boyardee, you'll start to feel better :4pacman:
I actually like the classic stages better. I feel like I can go faster for longer. Plus sometimes the camera gets stuck in modern sonic levels and you end up flying off the map.

Well, in this specific instance he’s a spirit. And we aren’t sure if spirits deconfirm fighters or not. So I can understand why his supporters might have given up.

No real excuse for Smash4 though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Y'know, there's two Nintendo games that fall into this weird subcategory of being both a Mainseries game and a Spinoff: Zelda Tri Force Heroes, and Pokemon Let's Go.
Is it just me, or is it impossible to classify those games within their series?

D

Deleted member

Y'know, there's two Nintendo games that fall into this weird subcategory of being both a Mainseries game and a Spinoff: Zelda Tri Force Heroes, and Pokemon Let's Go.
Prime Hunters is there too.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I mean, when it comes to Zelda, I guess you could say the same thing about Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures too?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I mean... TH is considered part of the Zelda Timeline... so...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
isnt it weird how like the entire cast of scooby doo is literally high-school teenagers (for the MI era of animation/movies), and shaggy is literally doing **** like kickflips and parkour through a cavern that's falling apart

seriously how do they even get the free time to go to these places

Cause they’re all gods, trained by Scooby
Samus’ PTSD wasn’t that out of place, since after Super Metroid she would have hoped to not see him again. Of course she would be shocked after seeing him back and being present when the Baby Metroid died at the end of Super Metroid.

This video features a decent theory about the reasons behind the PTSD scene.

Videos like these are now why the Palutena’s Guidance for Ridley is the best way to learn about Metroid
Captain Toad

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
See I think the same but like is it really worth it if the Geno fanbase really is just a bandwagom? I know there are some true, real, hardcore Geno fans in there and they do some damn good work, papagenos papagenos I'm looking at you, but aside from those select few... do people really, really care? Or do people just join in cause of the hype?
Yes. Of course it is. In my experience with Smash, there were always 4 characters that came up the most as the “characters we all really want but probably won’t happen” club. Ridley, K. Rool, Geno, and Banjo. There were a couple other characters who were usually fifth on that list, but they carried from person to person. Now, half of them actually are in Smash! It feels like a dream. And sooooo many people who have been playing this game series for years will finally have the characters they’ve been begging for since they started. These are characters people have been asking for since Melee, nay, since 64. It’s time.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I actually like the classic stages better. I feel like I can go faster for longer. Plus sometimes the camera gets stuck in modern sonic levels and you end up flying off the map.

Well, in this specific instance he’s a spirit. And we aren’t sure if spirits deconfirm fighters or not. So I can understand why his supporters might have given up.

No real excuse for Smash4 though.
I mean sure. He's a spirit but Isaac is an Assist, which is definitely more likely to deconfirm, and his support has never been higher. I don't get it.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Just between measurements:
Triforce Heroes, Foursword and Foursword are all canon, so I wouldn't consider them spin-offs, just main series games with a different playstyle.

Prime: Hunters is in the timeline but had its own confined planets, characters and Lore, so that's a canon spin-off.

Let's go is a retelling of An existing game with completely different gameplay, so that's a spinoff influencing the canon.

Yeah, it's confusing.

My measurement was done halfway through the MPH explainer so I'm hiding in the lab again

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean sure. He's a spirit but Isaac is an Assist, which is definitely more likely to deconfirm, and his support has never been higher. I don't get it.
I think the spirit is a different case than a spirit in regulated to what it does to people. The Assist Trophy is a 100% deconfirmation. That kind of thing has, ironically, riled up his supporter base and made it stronger than ever. But sense we aren’t sure about spirits, Geno’s fanbase doesn’t know where to stand. And they just kind of fizzle under the weight of all that uncertainty.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I think they've just come to the conclusion, that the Square Enix rep is gonna be Erdrick, and just gave up

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think they've just come to the conclusion, that the Square Enix rep is gonna be Erdrick, and just gave up
I still think there is at least a chance that they could do Geno as an a la carte character between passed the same way they did Piranha Plant. But the Square Rep we’re getting in the pass is Erdrick, no question.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
So I've got like, 8 clips now that might be montage worthy, and half of them are from today.

I think I am going to end up making my own montage after all. I'm not sure if I want to include clips I got against bad players though. You can get some really good call outs against them but it almost feels more mean then impressive. It's not like punishing a bad air dodge is super impressive or anything. Thankfully now that I seem to be able to hold my position in Elite Smash that shouldn't be happening as much but 3 of those clips that weren't from today were all against less then amazing players.
Without the context of the entire match, any opponent in a montage is going to look bad; all we get to see is their big mistake you capitalized on.

D

Deleted member

I still think there is at least a chance that they could do Geno as an a la carte character between passed the same way they did Piranha Plant. But the Square Rep we’re getting in the pass is Erdrick, no question.
Can we please stop calling geno a square character he’s a mario character there is no competition

D

Deleted member

I hope that we get more Joker-like characters that weren't even mentioned by big-name leakers and are completely unexpected and make speculation more interesting then "well this leaker said this" and "brave has to be erdrick because of the codename"

also that's how elma can still win

i will die on this hill

Last edited by a moderator:

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
Several Banjo/Geno supporters have flat out stated they just want you (core supporters) to be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom