• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I hope that we get more Joker-like characters that weren't even mentioned by big-name leakers and are completely unexpectedand make speculation more interesting then "well this leaker said this" and "brave has to be erdrick because of the codename"

also that's how elma can still win

i will die on this hill
I feel the same but something about that one leaked DLC roster just screams Sakurai to me. I'd love to be wrong though. I always love a surprise.

D

Deleted member

Can we please stop calling geno a square character he’s a mario character there is no competition
Square is the one who allows Nintendo to use him, so he is a Square character.

If he was owned by Nintendo like K.Rool, then he would be a Mario character. But he is owned by SE.

D

Deleted member

And he has a mushroom emblem owning by square doesn’t matter
I mean that, uh, doesn't matter

The fact that he has a Mario emblem doesn't change the fact that he's owned by Square and Square is probably not gonna give Nintendo two characters considering how stingy they were with FF

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
I hope that we get more Joker-like characters that weren't even mentioned by big-name leakers and are completely unexpectedand make speculation more interesting then "well this leaker said this" and "brave has to be erdrick because of the codename"

also that's how elma can still win

i will die on this hill
In B4 the spirit list and DLC list are identical after Joker. We never saw it coming.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Square is the one who allows Nintendo to use him, so he is a Square character.

If he was owned by Nintendo like K.Rool, then he would be a Mario character. But he is owned by SE.
Um, yes, he is a Mario character, but he happens to be owned by Square.

D

Deleted member

I KNOW HES OWNED BY SQUARE BUT HE AND EDDY ARE FROM DIFFRENT SERIES NONE ARE GONNA EFFECT THEIR CHANCES WHOEVER GETS IN.

D

Deleted member

Um, yes, he is a Mario character, but he happens to be owned by Square.
No.
Every character outside of Diddy in Diddy Kong Racing are designed as Rare characters, since they are owned by Rare and only they can use them or allow Nintendo to work with them.

The same applies to Geno.

D

Deleted member

I KNOW HES OWNED BY SQUARE BUT HE AND EDDY ARE FROM DIFFRENT SERIES NONE ARE GONNA EFFECT THEIR CHANCES WHOEVER GETS IN.
But they literally ****ing do affect each others chances lmfao

Square would never give Nintendo two characters, even if they are from two different series.

Would you also think this way if someone said Sephiroth was still likely after Erdrick hypothetically gets revealed?

Last edited by a moderator:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Can we please stop calling geno a square character he’s a mario character there is no competition
He originated from a Mario game, but he is actually owned by the company Square Enix.

Therefore he’s both a Mario and a Square character. If Square doesn’t allow it, Geno will NEVER be in Smash.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Something tells me you're not really getting the concept.

He's a Square-owned Mario character.
Square needs to give the OK, not Nintendo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When in denial, yell at everyone in all caps.

D

Deleted member

As much as people want him, if a poll for all Smash players were released and said 'here are the Square offerings', Geno would not make #1. I guarantee it. Its a small fanbase that wants him, all things considered.

Sure, you can find a lot of people on Smash forums that want him. But when you give all of Smash forums, and then ALL Smash players in general, the ability to choose a Square rep, Geno will not be the one chosen.

There's just too many iconic characters left that can be put in for people to care about a puppet from a game over 20 years old in which he had very little to do with the story beyond his recruitment.

This post isn't meant to insult those wanting Geno or even to tell you to 'stop asking for him'; it's merely to have you all take a step outside yourselves a moment and look: All things considered, Geno's likelihood is not high when people like Sora, Crono, Erdrick, or Sephiroth are on the table. If Nintendo came out tomorrow and said "Hey guys! You get to decide the final DLC character from this list!' Geno would not be the one getting in.

So like him, want him, hope for him all you want. But there's no point in getting in petty, stupid 'rights' discussions for him.

D

Deleted member

WILL EVERYONE STOP QUOTING WHAT I SAID IM MAD RIGHT NOW!
Try watching a movie you really want to watch today.

That feels great to me when I feel bad, stressed or sad.

Commenting it while doing so also helps.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
WILL EVERYONE STOP QUOTING WHAT I SAID IM MAD RIGHT NOW!
The best way to get people not to respond to you is to not post anything.

Now that you've said this, you're gonna get a bunch of people seeing your all caps tirade and going "woah take it easy man"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would find it really funny if it turns out that there is no Square rep

No offense to those who want an SE character, but I'm just imagining us waiting for the SE character for a whole year, and when the final DLC character turns out to be like another Joker-esque unexpected character there would be blood spilled and it would not be pretty

D

Deleted member

No offense to those who want an SE character, but I'm just imagining us waiting for the SE character for a whole year, and when the final DLC character turns out to be like another Joker-esque unexpected character there would be blood spilled and it would not be pretty
We would look like the greatest fiddle ever played if that happened.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Krunch as well, right? By virtue of Nintendo owning the Kremlings?
I assumed everyone who appeared in Diddy Kong Racing DS was fair game- they removed Banjo and Conker because of the Rare thing but everyone else pretty much stayed.

Including Tiptup, strangely.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It would suck, but Joker's already confimed, so as far as Im concerned, they could release him and then decide to end all DLC and I'd be perfectly happy.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

"We have one more announcement"
"It's gonna be the Square Enix rep! It's time!"
"Please take a look"
"Here we go!"
*King Harkinian Strives for Battle!*
"WHAT THE-"

Last edited:

Saetanigera

Smash Ace

This whole time we didn't expect Nintendo to spoiler Xenoblade 2 with the character they picked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom