• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'm considering getting Jump Ultimate Stats for the DS. Only downside is, I'd basically be playing the entire game in Japanese, since you know, it was never released outside of Japan.

And before anyone asks, no I'm never trying emulation again.
If you're playing it on a 3DS, that console is region-locked...

KMDP

Smash Legend
We're doing game series in chronological order?

Alright. I've got a reputation to keep. Obligatory RE post coming up.

RE0
RE1
RE3 (technically)
RE2
RE3 (technically)
RE: Survivor
RE: Code Veronica
RE: Dead Aim
The side stories from RE: Darkside Chronicles and RE: Umbrella Chronicles
RE4
RE: Revelations
RE5
RE: Revelations 2
RE6
RE7

Then RE:ORC and Outbreak 1 & 2 are just telling the RE3 events from different perspectives. They're kinda canon, kinda not. Who knows.

Then, if we include the CGI movies that are official canon, Degeneration goes between Revelations and RE5, Damnation goes between Revelations 2 and RE6, and Vendetta goes between RE6 and RE7.

...I think that's everything that's canon.
Wow, Resident Evil looks like a mess to sift through.
I'm considering getting Jump Ultimate Stats for the DS. Only downside is, I'd basically be playing the entire game in Japanese, since you know, it was never released outside of Japan.

And before anyone asks, no I'm never trying emulation again.
Jump Ultimate Stars is fairly simple to navigate even if you can't read or speak Japanese (Jump Super Stars was my first imported game), and guides exist to help you through the missions.
If we're talking about chronological orders of video games, it's a great time to bring up the totally non-controversial Zelda timeli--

*shot down in a spray of bullets*
What about the Mario timeline?

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Metroid Chronology:

- Zero Mission
- Prime
- Prime: Hunters
- Prime 2: Echoes
- Prime 3: Corruption
- Samus Returns
- Super Metroid
- Fusion

And then there's this really weird nonexistent conceptual game called "Other M" or something. It was supposed to be a sequel to Super/prequel to Fusion.

KMDP

Smash Legend
-Yoshi's Island
-Yoshi's New Island
-Yoshi's Island DS
-everything after that:

An amorphous blob of continuity...
I like the headcanon that Jumpman is actually Mario's father, which would place Donkey Kong before all the other games, and allow Cranky Kong to be Donkey Kong's grandfather in the process.

But obviously, Jumpman is actually Mario so whatever.

D

Deleted member

I wish we could get a Jump Ultimate Stars sequel. I'd take that over Jump Force any day of the week.

KMDP

Smash Legend
That is such blatant fanfiction it's rubbing off on me :yoshi:
You're not kidding.

I'd like to delve deeper into the "Jumpman is Mario's Father" angle.

These are the requirements for the theory to work: "Lady" is a different character from "Pauline", "Donkey Kong" in the arcade is a different character from "Donkey Kong" in the Country series, "Donkey Kong" the arcade game is a different game to "Donkey Kong" the Gameboy game.

None of these are unworkable, so let's go.
  • Making Donkey Kong (Arcade) the chronologically first game in the series has that lovely "the start of everything" charm to it.
  • Jumpman being Mario's father explains the difference in personality needed for Mario to do what he did to DK in the Donkey Kong Arcade backstory and Donkey Kong Jr.; say what you will, but Mario does have a personality, and "abuses animals" isn't considered part of it (except in terms of player action).
  • Jumpman can be the family name of the Mario family ("Uh, it's pronounced 'Jumpmun'.")
  • "Lady" could be Mario's mother. Lady was kidnapped in Donkey Kong (Arcade) and history repeats in Donkey Kong '94, where the DKC DK kidnaps Pauline (Mario's girlfriend). Why? DK kidnapped Pauline in the Mario & Donkey Kong series over toys, so who even knows what his motivation was.
  • With Jumpman being an older person than Mario, Rare's canon that "Cranky Kong is DK's grandfather and the arcade DK Jr. is DK's father" makes total sense (as for who the Gameboy DK Jr. is... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯).

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
You're not kidding.

I'd like to delve deeper into the "Jumpman is Mario's Father" angle.

These are the requirements for the theory to work: "Lady" is a different character from "Pauline", "Donkey Kong" in the arcade is a different character from "Donkey Kong" in the Country series, "Donkey Kong" the arcade game is a different game to "Donkey Kong" the Gameboy game.

None of these are unworkable, so let's go.
  • Making Donkey Kong (Arcade) the chronologically first game in the series has that lovely "the start of everything" charm to it.
  • Jumpman being Mario's father explains the difference in personality needed for Mario to do what he did to DK in the Donkey Kong Arcade backstory and Donkey Kong Jr.; say what you will, but Mario does have a personality, and "abuses animals" isn't considered part of it (except in terms of player action).
  • Jumpman can be the family name of the Mario family ("Uh, it's pronounced 'Jumpmun'.")
  • "Lady" could be Mario's mother. Lady was kidnapped in Donkey Kong (Arcade) and history repeats in Donkey Kong '94, where the DKC DK kidnaps Pauline (Mario's girlfriend). Why? DK kidnapped Pauline in the Mario & Donkey Kong series over toys, so who even knows what his motivation was.
  • With Jumpman being an older person than Mario, Rare's canon that "Cranky Kong is DK's grandfather and the arcade DK Jr. is DK's father" makes total sense (as for who the Gameboy DK Jr. is... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯).
You're taking my post way too seriously. :p

D

Deleted member

Me, seeing all these game timeline oosts: "Ya'll like little babies, watch this"
I present ya'll: the Fate Timeline
https://i.redd.it/4vly1u3mgwn11.png
The image is so ****ing big I can't even upload it or embed it.
Also, everything you see in here is 100% canon, try not to get lost and you'll may be able to get into Fate after this.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Me, seeing all these game timeline oosts: "Ya'll like little babies, watch this"
I present ya'll: the Fate Timeline
https://i.redd.it/4vly1u3mgwn11.png
The image is so ****ing big I can't even upload it or embed it.
Also, everything you see in here is 100% canon, try not to get lost and you'll may be able to get into Fate after this.
My phone weeps when it tries to load this

D

Deleted member

The Metroid timeline is more simple.

>The parts about Samus's past in the manga.
>Metroid NES/Zero Mission.
>Metroid Prime 1.
>Metroid Prime Hunters.
>Metroid Prime 2.
>Metroid Prime 3/Federation Force.
>Federation Force/Metroid Prime 3.
>Probably Metroid Prime 4.
>Return Of Samus/Samus Returns.
>Super Metroid.
>Fusion.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm not surprised, it's resolution is 9000 x 6500.
-----------------
I'm having major artist's block right now. I want to design a few characters, but I don't know what I want them to look like, I have the names and bare minimum groundwork for them, but I'm stuck on their appearance.

D

Deleted member

That was the same reaction the Mooncell Computer had when it tried to read the Fate timeline. It's a supercomputer created by an ancient civilization that is so powerful it can create an entire VR space inside the moon itself and grant wishes but not even it can properly read all the Fate timelines.

KMDP

Smash Legend
That was the same reaction the Mooncell Computer had when it tried to read the Fate timeline. It's a supercomputer created by an ancient civilization that is so powerful it can create an entire VR space inside the moon itself and grant wishes but not even it can properly read all the Fate timelines.
I think the only thing that could be worse than the Fate timeline is trying to timeline the entirety of Comic Book canon; i.e. both DC and Marvel as a single entity (they take place in different universes in the same multiverse), including all the known universes between the two.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Now you're just stroking Fate's ****, a Ryuki rip off isn't THAT good

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
The Metroid timeline is more simple.

>The parts about Samus's past in the manga.
>Metroid NES/Zero Mission.
>Metroid Prime 1.
>Metroid Prime Hunters.
>Metroid Prime 2.
>Metroid Prime 3/Federation Force.
>Federation Force/Metroid Prime 3.
>Probably Metroid Prime 4.
>Return Of Samus/Samus Returns.
>Super Metroid.
>Fusion.
Huh, this seems all well and goo-
Federation Force
Wait a minute, no it isn't! What's that game doing here!? Don't tell me it's considered canon!

D

Deleted member

Huh, this seems all well and goo-

Wait a minute, no it isn't! What's that game doing here!? Don't tell me it's considered canon!
I don't really know.
But I put it there since the possibility exists.

Maybe they pulled an Other M on it, doh.

D

Deleted member

I think the only thing that could be worse than the Fate timeline is trying to timeline the entirety of Comic Book canon; i.e. both DC and Marvel as a single entity (they take place in different universes in the same multiverse), including all the known universes between the two.
I mean, consuming all Fate material is easy, the problem is making sense of it all.
Now you're just stroking Fate's ****, a Ryuki rip off isn't THAT good
Just watch it already, Gwen, you're gonna like it, there's an entire class dedicated to Riders after all.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I like the fact that both Metroid timelines that have been posted have conveniently left out Other M (though one of them called attention to it).

D

Deleted member

I like the fact that both Metroid timelines that have been posted have conveniently left out Other M (though one of them called attention to it).
I think that the game isn't canon these days.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Timeline bandwagon? I guess I'm currently the only Persona guy here, so...

Persona
Persona 2: Innocent Sin
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
Persona 3 FES (Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight) / Persona 3 Portable
Persona 4 Golden
Persona 4 Arena
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Persona 4 Dancing All Night
Persona 5 (Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight)

(Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth)
(Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth)

Strike-through-ed ones are erased or non-canon timelines. The ones in parentheses take place during another game. I left out phone games, Drama CDs and short novels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom