• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
There is, in fact, a chronological timeline for Kingdom Hearts. It is not the recommended way of experiencing the series.

Kingdom Hearts χ: Back Cover
Kingdom Hearts χ
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth By Sleep ~ A Fragmentary Passage
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts: Coded
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Kingdom Hearts 3
What’s the recommended way?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Doing chronological order of games now. I definitely know one which I'm a huge fan of.

God of War: Chains of Olympus
God of War: Ascension
God of War
God of War: Betrayal
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
God of War II
God of War III
God of War (2018)

KMDP

Smash Legend
What’s the recommended way?
Release order, naturally.

Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (included as a "movie" in the HD rerelease)
Kingdom Hearts: Coded (included as a "movie" in the HD rerelease)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Kingdom Hearts χ (you might have to watch cutscene videos on Youtube)
Kingdom Hearts χ: Back Cover
Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth By Sleep ~ A Fragmentary Passage
Kingdom Hearts 3

I find it neat that you can experience almost all of the Kingdom Hearts series on the PS4 and all of Metal Gear Solid on the PS3.

Shroob

Sup?
I've been practicing this one damn combo in Yugioh that'll probably be banned next banlist...

But it's super dependent on what zones you put your cards in, and the online sim doesn't TELL you what card you're about to summon where.

If I had the physical cards this wouldn't be a problem but I literally just ordered them today.

:drflip:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've been practicing this one damn combo in Yugioh that'll probably be banned next banlist...

But it's super dependent on what zones you put your cards in, and the online sim doesn't TELL you what card you're about to summon where.

If I had the physical cards this wouldn't be a problem but I literally just ordered them today.

:drflip:
Cyber-Stein Burn FTK, via Reprodocus?

Shroob

Sup?
I recently heard of that.

Also not a fan of Fog Blade's design myself otherwise. Maybe check a Youtube video?
Ah, doesn't even use Fog Blade, it's literally just Silent Boots and the Rank up Magic in the main deck.

You're supposed to get Electrumite out, get Absolute Dragon, make Electrumite and Absolute into Underclock Taker, Absolute triggers to summon Odd-Eyes Rebellion to the zone Underclock points to, and then you Link climb Underclock and an extra card into Bardiche, milling Boots for the Rank up spell.

And then I drop Kali Yuga on your turn and you can't play.

Problem is YGOPro doesn't show you what zone you're summoning where to in a Pendulum summon, so if I **** up even one spot, the entire combo is ruined.

This is the end game board it I do it right:

Dt8XcxJ.png

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ah, doesn't even use Fog Blade, it's literally just Silent Boots and the Rank up Magic in the main deck.

You're supposed to get Electrumite out, get Absolute Dragon, make Electrumite and Absolute into Underclock Taker, Absolute triggers to summon Odd-Eyes Rebellion to the zone Underclock points to, and then you Link climb Underclock and an extra card into Bardiche, milling Boots for the Rank up spell.

And then I drop Kali Yuga on your turn and you can't play.

Problem is YGOPro doesn't show you what zone you're summoning where to in a Pendulum summon, so if I **** up even one spot, the entire combo is ruined.
YGOPro isn't that useful unless you can choose where to put things. That's the issue with automatic programs.

And I just heard about Fog Blade being annoying, to clarify.

Shroob

Sup?
YGOPro isn't that useful unless you can choose where to put things. That's the issue with automatic programs.

And I just heard about Fog Blade being annoying, to clarify.
Rusty Bardiche is probably getting the axe next banlist.

Besides just Fog Blades, it's being used in pretty much every Tier 1 strategy to summon a "You can't play the game" monster on your opponent's turn, from Outer Entity Azathot, to D/D/D Kali Yuga, to True King of all Calamities.

DARK as an attribute is overpowered as hell due to Danger! right now.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Rusty Bardiche Pendulum Magician rank up into D/D/D Kali Yuga
I only understood two of those words: "Pendulum" and "Magician". :laugh:
--------------------------------
By the way, I feel like I should say what the chronological order for the Metal Gear Saga is, because I neglected to.

Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Rising

Unlike Kingdom Hearts, you could theoretically play the games in chronological order and understand what's going on, because Metal Gear takes place in the real world and mostly uses real world logic. Kingdom Hearts runs on it's own logic and doesn't really make much of an attempt to explain any of it.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Rusty Bardiche is probably getting the axe next banlist.

Besides just Fog Blades, it's being used in pretty much every Tier 1 strategy to summon a "You can't play the game" monster on your opponent's turn, from Outer Entity Azathot, to D/D/D Kali Yuga, to True King of all Calamities.

DARK as an attribute is overpowered as hell due to Danger! right now.
Who knows. The RUM might get hit instead. But hey, some Links are just borked.

Speaking of, I'm still trying to figure out my full Quest 64-based archtype. I might make all the main bosses(the 4 elemental ones) Links. Possibly make Guilty and Shilf Links as well. Dark and Light in that order, with the other ones being Earth, Wind, Water, and Fire. Can't justify a Divine Link, though. Well, I could, but I can't see how it'd fit into this archtype alone. Everybody fits under the other attributes better. Mammon being a 2300/0 Boss who makes all monsters immune to destruction effects isn't too bad. Other things is that'll focus on on different ways to play. It has many normal monsters, so Fusion materials are a thing, with the last 4 Legendary Monsters being fusions. Each with deadly blanket effects. Like immunity to monster effects, or stuff like that. Unsure of the best way to do it, but my thought was 3 materials each, extremely specific, but super powerful blanket effects in return.

The only other notable one at the moment is Dragon - Boss of Quests(it's a Sea Serpent, to clarify). An Xyz monster who can use any Dragon type monster as a material, regardless of level. The kicker is that I intend to make it so it can use 4 different monsters instead to be even more powerful, a Reptile, Dragon, Wyrm, and Dinosaur.

Shroob

Sup?
I only understood two of those words: "Pendulum" and "Magician". :laugh:
--------------------------------
By the way, I feel like I should say what the chronological order for the Metal Gear Saga is, because I neglected to.

Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Rising

Unlike Kingdom Hearts, you could theoretically play the games in chronological order and understand what's going on, because Metal Gear takes place in the real world and mostly uses real world logic. Kingdom Hearts runs on it's own logic and doesn't really make much of an attempt to explain any of it.
To put it very simply:

Rusty Bardiche is the link monster for the Phantom Knight archetype.

It's interaction with a quick play spell that lets you 'rank up' an XYZ you control during your opponent's turn is causing all sorts of problems since there are a lot of "Your opponent cannot activate card effects this turn" XYZs that theoretically should never be summoned on your opponent's turn.

They're normally balanced because they shut off YOUR cards too during your turn, but if you summon it on your opponent's turn, they literally just can't do anything.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
To put it very simply:

Rusty Bardiche is the link monster for the Phantom Knight archetype.

It's interaction with a quick play spell that lets you 'rank up' an XYZ you control during your opponent's turn is causing all sorts of problems since there are a lot of "Your opponent cannot activate card effects this turn" XYZs that theoretically should never be summoned on your opponent's turn.

They're normally balanced because they shut off YOUR cards too during your turn, but if you summon it on your opponent's turn, they literally just can't do anything.
I love "Exact Words" chicanery in Yu-Gi-Oh!. :laugh:

Like Big Bang Shot (and similar cards) causing your opponent to damage themselves if they attack your Defense Position monster.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I love "Exact Words" chicanery in Yu-Gi-Oh!. :laugh:

Like Big Bang Shot (and similar cards) causing your opponent to damage themselves if they attack your Defense Position monster.
And that's how you win the game. Or use Snatch Steal. :p

KMDP

Smash Legend
And that's how you win the game. Or use Snatch Steal. :p
TV Tropes has a handy-dandy list (under Exact Words and Loophole Abuse) of all the stuff you can pull off because of the very specific wording of the cards.

Speaking of Snatch Steal, a few weeks ago I was playing 7 Trials to Glory (the 2005 Yu-Gi-Oh! game where the banlist changes every week), and I managed to beat Kaiba in a Tournament because he summoned Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon with Cyber Stein and I happened to have Snatch Steal in my hand.

I wanted to play the "Seto Kaiba" battle music from Forbidden Memories for the epic duel I thought I was going to have, and then the duel ended on the third turn.

Shroob

Sup?
TV Tropes has a handy-dandy list (under Exact Words and Loophole Abuse) of all the stuff you can pull off because of the very specific wording of the cards.

Speaking of Snatch Steal, a few weeks ago I was playing 7 Trials to Glory (the 2005 Yu-Gi-Oh! game where the banlist changes every week), and I managed to beat Kaiba in a Tournament because he summoned Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon with Cyber Stein and I happened to have Snatch Steal in my hand.

I wanted to play the "Seto Kaiba" battle music from Forbidden Memories for the epic duel I thought I was going to have, and then the duel ended on the third turn.
You mean turns past turn 1.....actually exist? No, you're lying!

lol

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Um...

Wasn't there a phobia game earlier, or did we just move on?
Guess I couldn’t really think of much else, the talk reminded me of something one of my favorite artists Gomi posted and I’ve been busy looking for it:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Guess I couldn’t really think of much else, the talk reminded me of something one of my favorite artists Gomi posted and I’ve been busy looking for it:
In that case, you missed a rather... interesting post I made...

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
My headcanon is that she likes to shoot Seagulls.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Rising
I see Snake's Revenge isn't in there. Good call!

KMDP

Smash Legend
I see Snake's Revenge isn't in there. Good call!
Snake's Revenge isn't in there because Snake's Revenge isn't canon. :p

Portable Ops is there because it's... probably canon, or at least some version of it is (Miller specifically name drops "San Hieronymo" in the opening of Peace Walker).

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
We're doing game series in chronological order?

Alright. I've got a reputation to keep. Obligatory RE post coming up.

RE0
RE1
RE3 (technically)
RE2
RE3 (technically)
RE: Survivor
RE: Code Veronica
RE: Dead Aim
The side stories from RE: Darkside Chronicles and RE: Umbrella Chronicles
RE4
RE: Revelations
RE5
RE: Revelations 2
RE6
RE7

Then RE:ORC and Outbreak 1 & 2 are just telling the RE3 events from different perspectives. They're kinda canon, kinda not. Who knows.

Then, if we include the CGI movies that are official canon, Degeneration goes between Revelations and RE5, Damnation goes between Revelations 2 and RE6, and Vendetta goes between RE6 and RE7.

...I think that's everything that's canon.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
it hasn't been a week and piranha plant is my most played character, please send help and also fertilizer

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
If we're talking about chronological orders of video games, it's a great time to bring up the totally non-controversial Zelda timeli--

*shot down in a spray of bullets*
it aint a zelda timeline without faces of evil and wand of gamelon

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Time to throw my hat in the ring in the chronology of Megaten.
Basically...

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
it hasn't got the memetastic cutscenes so it's just a big ol mass of nothing special
And severely difficult to get running beyond the original system itself. Hence, people only played the other 2 often. Though I do remember one person who played all 3 saying he liked the two side scrollers over both DS Zelda games. Considering the awful movement/sword controls in PH and ST, I'm not too surprised. Zelda's Adventure, however, was a "lolnope" even for that person, heh.

D

Deleted member

I'm considering getting Jump Ultimate Stats for the DS. Only downside is, I'd basically be playing the entire game in Japanese, since you know, it was never released outside of Japan.

And before anyone asks, no I'm never trying emulation again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom