• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dammit guys this whole Scooby-Doo talk makes me more the reason to wanting to write that Yu Yu Hakusho and Scooby-Doo crossover I plan despite my writers block. :laugh:

For those interested. This is the premise to my story.

Premise: While on vacation in Japan. The Mystery Inc gets themselves involved in one of Yusuke's cases leading to Shaggy, Fred, Daphne and Velma being captured by demons who intends to use them for unexplained reasons and Scooby-Doo escaping with his life eventually running into Yusuke and his allies where he'll need all the help from them to save his friends before its too late. Overtime Scooby-Doo comes to find out he's more then just a talking dog and unlocks secrets he never knew he had upon finding out more about his bloodline.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I didn't forget Super Mario Maker, I just assume they'll make a Super Mario Maker 2 instead of porting the old one.

'Cause Smash Ultimate and Splatoon 2 aren't ports (even though they totally could have gotten away with it).
That's a fair point. And I'm behind that.

I just hope Nintendo does something with the Fatal Frame license on the Switch. Maiden of Black Water was decent, but we've never gotten Lunar Eclipse outside of Japan and they weren't even confident enough in Maiden to release a physical copy of it. If they port Maiden on an actual cartridge I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
the scooby doo timeline is pretty simple if you ask me, they just decided to slap a prequel in the middle of the 2010s for the fun of it

and damn was it good
and damn is it unfinished
and damn if this seth macfarlane bootleg **** airing now will make me any more angry about it

D

Deleted member

Dammit guys this whole Scooby-Doo talk makes me more the reason to wanting to write that Yu Yu Hakusho and Scooby-Doo crossover I plan despite my writers block. :laugh:

Premise: While on vacation in Japan. The Mystery Inc gets themselves involved in one of Yusuke's cases leading to Shaggy, Fred, Daphne and Velma being captured by demons who intends to use them for unexplained reasons and Scooby-Doo escaping with his life eventually running into Yusuke and his allies where he'll need all the help from them to save his friends before its too late. Overtime Scooby-Doo comes to find out he's more then just a talking dog and unlocks secrets he never knew he had upon finding out more about his bloodline.
So it has the same ending as Kim possible?

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
the scooby doo timeline is pretty simple if you ask me, they just decided to slap a prequel in the middle of the 2010s for the fun of it

and damn was it good
and damn is it unfinished
and damn if this seth macfarlane bootleg **** airing now will make me any more angry about it
What timeline?

Scooby-Doo is basically multiple continuities or even multiverses like DC and Marvel.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
"Need" is a strong word to use on Star Fox Zero. It would be a huge undertaking to remove the two-screen function and refine the gameplay around one screen, and at that point it's just a remake of SF64, which was in itself a remake of the original Star Fox. How deep does this rabbit hole go?

I'd rather they focus their efforts on a new Star Fox post-Zero than retread stale ground. Also you forgot Super Mario Maker, probably the easiest multi-million-seller they could possibly port.
And Xenoblade Chronicles X. They forgot that one too.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
OK, little game (becouse i need to sleep now, so good night my friends)

Choose characters from Smash that need to apear in Reveal Trailers of possible Smash DLC characters:

-Agumon
-Banjo
-Erdrick
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Doomguy
-Steve
-Crash
-Klonoa
-Chosen Undead
-Rayman
-Others...

KMDP

Smash Legend
I have always wanted someone to upload the Ax Battler soundtrack somewhere, because it has some great songs, alas it is not to be.
...I stand corrected.

The Ax Battler soundtrack was posted to Youtube on December 31st 2016.

YOU LOOK AWAY FOR FIVE SECONDS!
*cough* Shaggy shouldn't have been captured...

I'm not saying this to meme, I'm saying it for the full 80s Scooby Doo flavour where Scooby and Shaggy were the only members of the original team actually in the shows, with Daphne occasionally tagging along.

Because **** Fred and Velma I guess.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
...I stand corrected.

The Ax Battler soundtrack was posted to Youtube on December 31st 2016.

YOU LOOK AWAY FOR FIVE SECONDS!

I'm not saying this to meme, I'm saying it for the full 80s Scooby Doo flavour where Scooby and Shaggy were the only members of the original team actually in the shows, with Daphne occasionally tagging along.

Shaggy shagged Daphne in his Chad red shirt era.

That red shirt had that manly musk, dude.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Well for my story I'm trying to mainly focus it on Scooby especially once finding out more about those secrets he unlocks about himself and bloodline. Also giving him a character arc where he's feeling guilty for having ran off on his friends but gets over it eventually with the thanks of Yusuke (Who grows a soft spot for him) and Keiko (Along with Botan grows to love Scooby and shows him compassion over his misfortune of what happened with his friends) who will play a crucial part in his character arc in terms of emotional support.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So something interesting crossed my mind. There's a philosophy that there's three types of fighting game players, "heart, mind, and body". Minds specialize in strategic and safe play as well as labbing out and preparing for different scenarios, "body" players have the best combo, skill and control, and "hearts" are good at baiting and reads.

The reason I bring this up is because it recently occurred to me that each of the Pokemon Trainer's pokemon represent these attributes.

:ultsquirtle:-Body, since he requires technical combos and good reaction time.
:ultivysaur:-Mind, since she has a ton of safe moves and good option coverage thanks to having disjoints and solid projectile.
:ultcharizard:-Heart, since he rewards good reads and conditioning or intimidating the opponent.

I'm not sure if this is all intentional or a coincidence but it's pretty cool nonetheless.

I'd say my strongest trait is "heart" and my weakest one is "body", which would explain why I'm so good at Charizard but struggle with Squirtle. I've been spending a lot of the time in the lab practicing my Squirt though, so maybe he'll catch up eventually.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Choose characters from Smash that need to apear in Reveal Trailers of possible Smash DLC characters:

-Agumon
-Banjo
-Erdrick
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Doomguy
-Steve
-Crash
-Klonoa
-Chosen Undead
-Rayman
-Others...
Ryu: :ultsheik: and :ultgreninja:
Rayman: :ultmario::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultsnake:& :ultpacman:
Banjo: :ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultyounglink:

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well for my story I'm trying to mainly focus it on Scooby especially once finding out more about those secrets he unlocks about himself and bloodline. Also giving him a character arc where he's feeling guilty for having ran off on his friends but gets over it eventually with the thanks of Yusuke (Who grows a soft spot for him) and Keiko (Along with Botan grows to love Scooby and shows him compassion over his misfortune of what happened with his friends) who will play a crucial part in his character arc in terms of emotional support.
Well, I was only half serious. :laugh:

But sometimes, if you've got Writer's Block, I think changing your approach could help.

Maybe you should retool the plot to have another Mystery gang member in the group, it might help you come up with something to get started.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ron in the series finale finds out he has Monkey powers you should try to binge watch Kim possible it's actually is pretty good
Ah okay. You're close but not really.

Scooby finds out he has celestial ancestry (or otherwise spiritually “positive”). Idea comes from the first live-action movie where his soul was pure enough for the ritual the demon cult there were trying to perform from the book of magic describing the ritual phrased it as “pure”, and with Fred saying that it was hard to find a human soul that would qualify, it was probably intended as a “dogs are more innocent than people” thing.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

This I approve of :yoshi:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well, I was only half serious. :laugh:

But sometimes, if you've got Writer's Block, I think changing your approach could help.

Maybe you should retool the plot to have another Mystery gang member in the group, it might help you come up with something to get started.
Thanks for the suggestion but I'll find a way around it. Besides I honestly like the idea of a crossover where Scooby needs help from new friends to rescue his old friends.

KMDP

Smash Legend

-Agumon
-Crash
Agumon: Pikachu, Charizard (w/ Pokémon Trainer), Yoshi (also a Dinosaur)
Maybe Marth and Ridley/Rathalos, if they have WarGreymon and want to play up the Dramon Killers.

Crash: Mario ("Hey Plumber Boy, Moustache Man!"), Sonic (Crash's dev title), Incineroar (Spin Attack and Body Slam)

D

Deleted member

-Agumon
-Banjo
-Erdrick
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Doomguy
-Steve
-Crash
-Klonoa
-Chosen Undead
-Rayman
-Others...
Banjo::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultduckhunt:
Doomguy::ultsamus::ultdarksamus:
Steve?::ultvillager::ulticeclimbers::ultlink:
Rayman::ultkirby::ultkingdedede:
Crash::ultmario::ultsonic:
Eddy::ultmarth::ultshulk::ultroy::ultyounglink:(I’m not expecting his chibi form)
Geno::ultmario::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultganondorf:
Shantae::ultwario::ulttoonlink:
Bwd::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight:
Pokémon ripoff::ultpikachu::ultcharizard::ultgreninja::ultlucario:
Ryu 2::ultsheik::ultgreninja::ultryu:
Wahoo Pizza man::ultbayonetta:
Lloyd::ultlink::ultmarth:

lol nothing for:ultcloud:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

-Agumon
-Banjo
-Erdrick
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Doomguy
-Steve
-Crash
-Klonoa
-Chosen Undead
-Rayman
-Others...
Poochy: :ultyoshi::ultridley::ultbowserjr::ultyoshi::ultduckhunt::ultyoshi::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultyoshi: and don't forget :ultyoshi:. Did I mention :ultyoshi: yet?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lets do these characters as well.

-2B
-Amaterasu
-Bandana Dee
-Chorus Kids
-Dante
-Dixie Kong
-Edelgard
-Heihachi
-Medusa
-Monster Hunter
-Nightmare (Soulcalibur)
-Phoenix Wright
-Porky Minch
-Sora
-Sylux

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It just hit me that based on the :ultpiranha: guidance, Viridi canonically has a ****in doctorate.
Why does a goddess need any form of higher education?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

-Agumon
-Banjo
-Erdrick
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Doomguy
-Steve
-Crash
-Klonoa
-Chosen Undead
-Rayman
-Others...
-Augumon :ultinkling:
-Banjo :ultinkling:
-Erdrick :ultinkling:
-Ryu Hayabusa :ultinkling:
-Doomguy :ultinkling:
-Steve :ultinkling:
-Crash:ultinkling:
-Klonoa :ultinkling:
-Chosen Undead :ultinkling:
-Rayman :ultinkling:
-Everyone :ultinkling:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
A Sephiroth reveal would be perfect for the villains.

Imagine :ultbowser::ultganondorf::ultkrool:and:ultridley:duking it out as one by one they're being defeated by an unseen force and once only one of them (Either Bowser or Ganondorf) remains standing Sephiroth reveals himself. :grin:

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Lets do these characters as well.

-Amaterasu
-Bandana Dee
-Crash Bandicoot
-Dante
-Dixie Kong
-Edelgard
-Heihachi
-Nightmare (Soulcalibur)
-Phoenix Wright
-Porky Minch
-Sora
-Sylux
Dixie Kong: :ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool: & :ulticeclimbers: cause of Tropical Freeze
Nightmare: :ultlink::ultike::ultganondorf::ultshulk: and maybe :ultcloud:

And one I that hasn’t been listed but I personally want:

Cynthia: :ultpokemontrainer::ultpeach::ultzelda::ultrosalina:

-Augumon :ultinkling:
-Banjo :ultinkling:
-Erdrick :ultinkling:
-Ryu Hayabusa :ultinkling:
-Doomguy :ultinkling:
-Steve :ultinkling:
-Crash:ultinkling:
-Klonoa :ultinkling:
-Chosen Undead :ultinkling:
-Rayman :ultinkling:
-Everyone :ultinkling:
Good variety.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ugh Smash commentary drives me insane sometimes. I'm trying to watch Genesis top 8 right now on VGBootCamp, starting with the Zackray/VoiD match, but the commentators are being so rowdy and obnoxious that it's hard for me to focus on watching the match.

I guess it's good that they're having fun and enjoying it at least, but still.

No I'm not turning the volume off. I still want to hear the music and sound effects.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Monster Hunter: :ultcharizard::ultridley::ultbowser::ultkrool::ultdk::ultdiddy:, :ultpit: (maybe)

Charizard and Ridley would reference wyvern monsters (though Charizard is most likely the Rathalos), while Bowser and K.Rool are typically just well... monstrous characters. Diddy likely would represent Kecha Wacha while pink Donkey Kong would represent Congalala, or yellow DK for Rajang. Pit might be around if MH has Dual Blades as a weapon. Ike or another heavy swordsman may be a chance too if MH has Great Sword as a weapon, while one of the Links for bow (Pit can fit here too). It truly depends on the character's kit and weapons he/she uses.

Phosphora/Medusa: :ultpit::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit:
I know they're deconfirmed, but you obviously gotta have the whole KI cast for those two. Phosphora's likely to have Pika, Ness, and/or Pichu too, to my dismay, though I would've added Samus for her too, and maybe Sonic for another reason.

D

Deleted member

-Agumon
-Banjo
-Erdrick
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Doomguy
-Steve
-Crash
-Klonoa
-Chosen Undead
-Rayman
-Others...
Agumon = Pikachu. I mean that's kind of obvious they used to have a huge rivalry back in the 80/90's over who was better so who better than the Mascot of Pokemon vs the Mascot of Digimon.

Banjo = DK, Diddy and King K. Rool. They're all characters who were made by Rare (Except for DK but they're using the Rare iteration so it might as well count) and the Trailer could be either 1) A Welcome home celebration for B-K kind of trailer or 2) DK and Diddy fight K. Rool Diddy gets knocked out but at the last minute Banjo comes to save DK & Diddy.

Erdrick = Marth? I honestly don't know but I guess Marth cause they're both the most Iconic Heroes/Lords from their respective franchises.

Ryu Hayabusa = Ryu. Before I knew stuff about these franchises I used to always get two mixed up so it would be hilarious to see them play off of that but for what it would be I have no idea.

Doomguy = Samus. I mean they're two characters that have a ton of armor and weaponry so I think Samus would fit great in a hypothetical Doomguy trailer. Plus IIRC Samus is the only one with Heavy Weaponry in Smash akin to Doomguy.

Steve = Mario. Why? I don't know there's just no one else that I can think of appearing in a hypothetical Steve trailer so Mario I guess.

Rayman = Mario again. They're both Iconic Platformer characters so I don't see why not. Plus they could make a Mario & Rabbids reference so why not.

for other characters;

Geno = Mario, Bowser and Peach. I mean that's fairly obvious since they're party members in SMRPG itself. Also the Grinch cause he's Geno's main rival obviously :4pacman:

Heihachi = Ryu. I mean they made a reference to the fact that they're from rivaling franchises in Heihachi's mii costume trailer for Sm4sh so I don't see why they wouldn't do it again.

Duster = Lucas. They're both Party members in Mother 3 so again I don't see why not.

Ninten = Ness and Lucas. Ninten would likely get in only to finish off the Mother protags so Ness and Lucas would almost certainly be in it one way or another.

The Grinch = Geno, Banjo, Isaac, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider and Shadow. I mean come on now The Grinch is their final bosses and if they were to add a Villain I can't see them not mentioning the Protagonists in one way or another :4pacman:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Ryu Hayabusa = Ryu. Before I knew stuff about these franchises I used to always get two mixed up so it would be hilarious to see them play off of that but for what it would be I have no idea.:4pacman:
I’m hoping the Palutena’s Guidance for that character would acknowledge that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom