• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

yeah but it's kind of serious. Dude is getting deported for no fault of his own, even though he has been requesting citizenship since 2017, and he might have upwards of a 10 year ban of entering the country.

What made it worse is that ICE thought it would be cool to have a spokesperson call 21 Savage fake for literally no reason. Which is far and away NOT their ****ing job. Absolutely despicable
I agree with you.
I hope 21 Savage gets justice and US citizenship, because what the ICE did to him is very unfair.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

It's hard to tell if you like it or not, but I don't blame you if you don't. Sometimes I get caught up in the moment and creativity peaks. Not every creation/invention is great, but as one who wants to learn from a particular character,

I'll be fine for like 3 hours, I promise. Still, I sees something :ulticeclimbers: (saying ICs) that tells me my creation is not loved by many. That might have me leaking sadness :ultness: from my eyes.
I didn't even notice that these were puns until 2 minutes after I read them

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
yeah but it's kind of serious. Dude is getting deported for no fault of his own, even though he has been requesting citizenship since 2017, and he might have upwards of a 10 year ban of entering the country.

What made it worse is that ICE thought it would be cool to have a spokesperson call 21 Savage fake for literally no reason. Which is far and away NOT their ****ing job. Absolutely despicable
Oh no yeah, No doubt its serious but why did he let his visa expire and never get it updated? Isnt that something you have to do? keep it updated? He should of had a visa, right?

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
In support of 21 Savage, im posting the mortal kombat trailer with his song in it
Oh no yeah, No doubt its serious but why did he let his visa expire and never get it updated? Isnt that something you have to do? keep it updated? He should of had a visa, right?
He has been attempting to upgrade his visa since 2017, before it expired. But the immigration system is broken, so that ended up not going through in time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now that I'm here, did anyone bring up that one recent rumor about supposedly 4 unannounced Switch games, another Wii U port, two eShop games?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Now that I'm here, did anyone bring up that one recent rumor about supposedly 4 unannounced Switch games, another Wii U port, two eShop games?
Do tell.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
He has been attempting to upgrade his visa since 2017, before it expired. But the immigration system is broken, so that ended up not going through in time
ahh ok, See, I only heard "his visa expired amd he didnt update it"
You know, half assed twitter people half ass ing things

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I agree with you.
I hope 21 Savage gets justice and US citizenship, because what the ICE did to him is very unfair.
ah yes

the crucial breaking point of the abuse of the immigration system

a rapper who makes songs about murdering everything you love

no hate on 21 though i think hes cool

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That 90's He-Man reboot did Skeletor dirty. Giving him a stupid set of googly eyes.

80's and 2002 Skeletor were clean though.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So I used to think people actively talking about boycotting Smash over the Grinch leak not being real were the dumbest gamers.

But this whole "boycott Metro over not being on Steam" thing has to be the single dumbest boycott I've seen since the last Starbucks holiday cup fiasco.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Here's a link from Spawn Wave. It appeared in my sub box.

While I do think it'd be pretty stoked, then again, Emily was also alongside the same boat of people who said that the January 2017 Switch Presentation was fake, soooo...

Just take it with a grain of salt, and remember to bring these with you:

View attachment 190306
A Switch port of a 2013 Wii U game?

Assuming it's real, it's either Super Mario 3D World or Pikmin 3. I'd put my money on Mario.

It could also be Sonic Lost World, but I doubt it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Assuming it's real, it's either Super Mario 3D World or Pikmin 3. I'd put my money on Mario.

3D Wirld is one of like 2 games that need to be ported t9 the Switch

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

****ing give me SM3DW. I'd play it again.

But it's more likely Pikmin 3 since they've already got a Mario port this year. Save SM3DW for a dry spell next year or later.

MainJPW

M.T.A
The first game i ever had was Sonic 2. I played Sonic 2, 3 and 3&K a ton of times, got to play Sonic 1 years later.
Switch Sonic 3&K with 2 and that's me. I played Sonic 3&K (Lock-on) on a hand me down Sega Genisis/Megadrive then played Sonic 2, Sonic CD and R on PC via Sonic Action Pack 4:

I got this in 2000, but it didn't have Sonic 1 on it soooo...I did not play Sonic 1 until I got Sonic Mega Collection in 2002. I also played Sonic Chaos on Game Gear, Adventure 1 & 2 on Dreamcast and Sonic Advance on GBA all before getting Mega Collection. So I had virtually played most Sonic games up to that point except the first one.

...And surprise surprise, I was underwhelmed.
The first game i played was Super Mario World, and i never knew about the older Mario games by that time.
First Mario game I played was Super Mario Land 2 and then Super Mario Bros. Deluxe on Game Boy Color.

First Zelda game was Wind Waker.

First Metroid game was Prime.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So I used to think people actively talking about boycotting Smash over the Grinch leak not being real were the dumbest gamers.

But this whole "boycott Metro over not being on Steam" thing has to be the single dumbest boycott I've seen since the last Starbucks holiday cup fiasco.
I agree that the boycott is freaking stupid. Especially since it doesn't cost anyone any more money to just switch over to the new service.

That said, the developer is handling this the worst way possible.

D

Deleted member

It was on Steam up until the 11th hour before being pulled for Epic store exclusivity, a storefront that a lot of people have legitimate concerns and gripes over, and the developer hasn't exactly been kind about the whole thing.
People are going a bit overboard but it's not completely ridiculous.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I agree that the boycott is freaking stupid. Especially since it doesn't cost anyone any more money to just switch over to the new service.

That said, the developer is handling this the worst way possible.
Perhaps the developer's marketing and PR groups could be handling it better, but they probably weren't expecting outrage over a $10 discount.

And PC gamers make fun of console gamers for brand loyalty. JFC.

It was on Steam up until the 11th hour before being pulled for Epic store exclusivity, a storefront that a lot of people have legitimate concerns and gripes over, and the developer hasn't exactly been kind about the whole thing.
People are going a bit overboard but it's not completely ridiculous.
I just fail to see what they need to be kind about. They're honoring all preorders made through Steam. The game's not even out for another week and a half so it's not like you can't get it. The game is $10 cheaper. The Epic Store is a couple clicks away and doesn't require any change in your hardware. It's a minor inconvenience at most. This isn't the same as, say, when EA pulled Dragon Age II off the Steam storefront a month after release to make it exclusive to Origin instead.

But I recognize that I have a sour spot for lousy customers and bull**** complaints as I've been in retail for fifteen years and customers are the ****ing worst. Deep Silver has every right to choose not to release their game on a platform that charges 30% for doing nothing that warrants that kind of cut, and I applaud them for doing it. If the people angry about the situation want to do something productive, complain to Steam for charging publishers thirty freaking percent.

Last edited:

R O F L

Smash Ace

Personally hoping for it not to be Pikmin 3. It'd probably lower the priorities of the development of 4.

KMDP

Smash Legend
3D Wirld is one of like 2 games that need to be ported t9 the Switch
Only two?

We've already gotten:
  • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (I'd count this as a Wii U port)
  • Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
  • New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
  • Pokken Tournament
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Bayonetta
We still need:
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
  • Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
  • Yoshi's Woolly World
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
  • Star Fox Zero
  • Pikmin 3
  • Wonderful 101
  • Paper Mario Color Splash
  • Game & Wario
Switch Sonic 3&K with 2 and that's me. I played Sonic 3&K (Lock-on) on a hand me down Sega Genisis/Megadrive then played Sonic 2, Sonic CD and R on PC via Sonic Action Pack 4:

I got this in 2000, but it didn't have Sonic 1 on it soooo...I did not play Sonic 1 until I got Sonic Mega Collection in 2002. I also played Sonic Triple Trouble on Game Gear, Adventure 1 & 2 on Dreamcast and Sonic Advance on GBA all before getting Mega Collection. So I had virtually played most Sonic games up to that point except the first one.

First Mario game I played was Super Mario Land 2 and then Super Mario Bros. Deluxe on Game Boy Color.

The first Sonic game I played was Sonic 3, and it was the PC version with the alternate soundtrack.

MainJPW

M.T.A
The first Sonic game I played was Sonic 3, and it was the PC version with the alternate soundtrack.
I had a brain fart while typing my comment; I said I played Triple Trouble on Game Gear when I meant to say Chaos. I still own the cartridge.

I didn't play Triple Trouble until Gems Collection. And every single one of my Sega consoles were hand me downs from my uncle. This was indeed a Sega household.

Graizen

Smash Champion

I got this in 2000, but it didn't have Sonic 1 on it soooo...I did not play Sonic 1 until I got Sonic Mega Collection in 2002. I also played Sonic Chaos on Game Gear, Adventure 1 & 2 on Dreamcast and Sonic Advance on GBA all before getting Mega Collection. So I had virtually played most Sonic games up to that point except the first one.

Sonic 3&K is my favorite game of all time.
Followed by Sonic Mania, Digimon World 2 and all Kingdom Hearts.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I had a brain fart while typing my comment; I said I played Triple Trouble on Game Gear when I meant to say Chaos. I still own the cartridge.

I didn't play Triple Trouble until Gems Collection. And every single one of my Sega consoles were hand me downs from my uncle. This was indeed a Sega household.
My Uncle actually gave me and my Sister his Game Gear.

The games I remember him passing on to us were: Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Tails' Adventure, Columns, Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP II, Olympic Gold: Barcelona '92, G-LOC: Air Battle and Ax Battler: A Legend of Golden Axe.

While I remembered all of them, I had to look Super Monaco, Olympic Gold and G-LOC up to get their actual names, there might have also been a Football (Soccer) game in there as well, not sure.

I really liked playing the Game Gear, even if it was a horrible Battery hog (we had a Mains adaptor for it so battery life wasn't really an issue)

I have always wanted someone to upload the Ax Battler soundtrack somewhere, because it has some great songs, alas it is not to be.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
We still need:
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
  • Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
  • Yoshi's Woolly World
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
  • Star Fox Zero
  • Pikmin 3
  • Wonderful 101
  • Paper Mario Color Splash
  • Game & Wario

"Need" is a strong word to use on Star Fox Zero. It would be a huge undertaking to remove the two-screen function and refine the gameplay around one screen, and at that point it's just a remake of SF64, which was in itself a remake of the original Star Fox. How deep does this rabbit hole go?

I'd rather they focus their efforts on a new Star Fox post-Zero than retread stale ground. Also you forgot Super Mario Maker, probably the easiest multi-million-seller they could possibly port.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
isnt it weird how like the entire cast of scooby doo is literally high-school teenagers (for the MI era of animation/movies), and shaggy is literally doing **** like kickflips and parkour through a cavern that's falling apart

seriously how do they even get the free time to go to these places

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
"Need" is a strong word to use on Star Fox Zero. It would be a huge undertaking to remove the two-screen function and refine the gameplay around one screen, and at that point it's just a remake of SF64, which was in itself a remake of the original Star Fox. How deep does this rabbit hole go?

I'd rather they focus their efforts on a new Star Fox post-Zero than retread stale ground. Also you forgot Super Mario Maker, probably the easiest multi-million-seller they could possibly port.
I didn't forget Super Mario Maker, I just assume they'll make a Super Mario Maker 2 instead of porting the old one (they can just make the old levels playable in the new one, like Little Big Planet does it).

'Cause Smash Ultimate and Splatoon 2 aren't ports (even though they totally could have gotten away with it).

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
isnt it weird how like the entire cast of scooby doo is literally high-school teenagers (for the MI era of animation/movies), and shaggy is literally doing **** like kickflips and parkour through a cavern that's falling apart

seriously how do they even get the free time to go to these places

Time is relative in that universe, they’ve been teenagers for 50 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom