• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Wait Luigi the new Granblue game has Katalina and a transwoman who's a beefy *** grappler
Oh I know! I keep up to date. I ****ing love Arcsys and started playing GBF a while back. Really excited about Ladiva's representation though worried about how gamers will treat her.

Signed up for beta so I can get my Katalina time.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
'Eyy, I'm back from New York!

Actually, I'm back from showering, because New York does hefty percent to your appearance. I compiled images in an album for all of you epic epic gamers to enjoy.
https://imgur.com/a/ckQZJ7x

(I dunno how to link the thumbnail of the album on here).

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Would someone like to play an arena with me?
I would be up for a few, though I doubt anyone else is around at this hour.

Would have offered earlier but I was playing Splatoon 2 since there's a Splatfest going on. And before that I was chaining for a shiny Bagon/hidden ability Drifloon. :drflip:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wonder if this place will end up getting horny our of nowhere before E3 hype fully kicks in...another lock down confirmed

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
To help lighten up the mood (which I'm sure is already lightened but this took time to make), I'm going to gush about why I like The Prisoner. This was/is a part of a Top 10 anime list that I was making, and might continue if y'all are interested.

Why do I like The Prisoner? It's easy.
Rover.

1558160895321.png

Nuff said.

Being serious, The Prisoner is a brilliant anime. It was a highly enjoyable first watch, and the more I read/watch about it the more I like it. It might beat out SpongeBob SquarePants if it weren't for the nostalgia I hold for the latter if I'm speaking honestly.

To give a premise, the protagonist, an unnamed British secret agent, resigns and is kidnapped into a mysterious village with no outward signs of violence and a pervading sense of the uncanny. Out of anger, he chooses to try to interrogate his captors and escape the village. His attempts are rebuffed and he is given the name "Number 6". Along the way he parties up with no one, because nobody in the village can be trusted. His escape attempts are halted by Rover, a giant killer beach ball. The show follows Number 6's misadventures in this world, with Number 6 learning that, while life in this new world isn't as he expected, it's also incredibly bizarre and psychologically draining.

The highlight of The Prisoner is easily its characters. The chemistry between them is almost magical; R.R. Haywood puts it best in that "Our hero doesn’t know who is a baddie or goodie because asking personal questions is banned and everyone is assigned a number instead of a name. McGoohan becomes number 6 and the bulk of the series follows him and the chief honcho number 2 at loggerheads of thwarting plans and counter thwarting plans. But in each episode number 2 is played by a different person, each of whom adds a unique flavour."

None of this is mentioning how the show is a biting parody of the entire spy genre (wherein the main character does spy things) and common action tropes. The show accomplishes this in such a subtle way that I didn't even notice until it was pointed out to me, but that just makes the show even better to me.

Also, I'd like to give The Prisoner props for my favorite anime opening animation ever. Typically openings are just opportunities to put cool scenes/foreshadowing to catchy jazz songs, but the second opening of The Prisoner manages to condense an entire story in the opening. Take a watch for yourself:
I realize this joke doesn't really work because The Prisoner only had one season but I've put too much work into this post to give it up now

The series of events of whatshisname resigning and getting poisoned is so well established that it can be conveyed in 180 seconds. If that's not impressive I don't know what is.

Let me know if you want to see this continued. I've got the list made, I just need to type up justifications and such.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I could say "trans rights" and get some admins on my *** if that counts
Having people on your ass would be a bad thing for many, so I suppose saying “trans rights” can be a crime...but you gotta do it with either DK Style or Super Sonic Style

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
View attachment 221578

If it wasn't for you, I would still be sitting in Heaven, eating my favorite chips and sending more people like you to fight the Demon Lord.
Ahhhh yeah!

Thank you for making me remember the best choice I ever made in my life!

I still remember the face you made on the moment! >: )

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Can I ask that yall at least resize your images so I don't have wallpaper sized smug anime girls on my desktop?

Trust me, the smaller ones are slightly easier to explain.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Can I ask that yall at least resize your images so I don't have wallpaper sized smug anime girls on my desktop?

Hey, mine are small. Even with the ones that are only 250 x 250, i still choose the "use thumbnail instead of full image" option.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

As we all know, Kazuma is true best girl.

There you go folks.

For real, sorry!

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I wonder if this place will end up getting horny our of nowhere before E3 hype fully kicks in...another lock down confirmed
Ehh, nah. It's just a group of goofs puffing their chests and trying to out-smug each other. Eventually, the corners of their lips will curl so hard into a perfect circle, they will divide by zero and create a smugularity.

Also, everyone in Konosuba would make a trash waifu/husbando anyway. Get better taste you dweebs...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Idon's dad: "Idon my son, we've been seeing your internet activity and are worried. Are.... Are you a fan of 'aneem'?
Idon: "...I'm an anime fan yes"
*Idon's mother runs out of the room crying*

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
No idea how to get in on this cosplay business.

Just gonna spend a few minutes shredding old work write-ups at 2AM.

I'd spare my neighbors but they're still blasting the bass so **** em.

D

Deleted member

I'd make artoriasposting the next janeposting.....

....but that requires effort.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Idon's dad: "Idon my son, we've been seeing your internet activity and are worried. Are.... Are you a fan of 'aneem'?
Idon: "...I'm an anime fan yes"
*Idon's mother runs out of the room crying*
Idon's mother after hearing of this "ai-ni-may."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 221578

If it wasn't for you, I would still be sitting in Heaven, eating my favorite chips and sending more people like you to fight the Demon Lord.
Fighting a demon lord you say? there's nobody better to call than the Exorcist, Demonologist and petty dabbler of the Dark Arts himself
John Constantine.png

John ****in' Constantine.
Sorry for making an off subject reference I just couldn't help myself

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also, sorry redfeatherraven redfeatherraven for taking your potential new avi in the future.

I had to make the change for the sake of keeping up with those two items I call "ally" and "friends" on occasion.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well you know me. It all depends on what's in E3 rather than before it :yoshi:
Likely not much Yoshi
I dunno about horny

but you're gonna be seeing a lot more of Toothless
View attachment 221579
You...you stay as wholesome as you can
Ehh, nah. It's just a group of goofs puffing their chests and trying to out-smug each other. Eventually, the corners of their lips will curl so hard into a perfect circle, they will divide by zero and create a smugularity.
Also, everyone in Konosuba would make a trash waifu/husbando anyway. Get better taste you dweebs...
Not sure if this is an answer of life I wanted and/or needed...but it delays the horns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom