• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
@ShinyLegendary why do you have a black box as your avi? My experience on the internet told me it's not a good sign.
:( Hunter, don't think that way! I know there are some days that seem like we said something that seem to have cursed others or ourselves, but that's just how life is...had to learn it again some days ago, where at first everything seemed okay and then, at one point, it was event after event of just, bad happenings. I was stressed out and I felt it was never going to end, but it did, and in between all that, there were at least some good news. I don't know Breloom that much, but I do also wish that his situation gets better, no matter what it is.
Oh don't worry, I know I didn't "curse" someone with my last post yesterday, but it's still a BIG bummer, you know?

Let's just hope the best for him now, since there isn't much we can do at the moment.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
@ShinyLegendary why do you have a black box as your avi? My experience on the internet told me it's not a good sign.

Oh don't worry, I know I didn't "curse" someone with my last post yesterday, but it's still a BIG bummer, you know?

Let's just hope the best for him now, since there isn't much we can do at the moment.
I totally understand. And you are right, we can all just hope for the best.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I am just really heartbroken about Brelooming.
....OK.

Just, stay calm and don't do anything weird/stupid, OK? I know you're feeling really bad right now, but I wouldn't something bad happen to you too.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I am just really heartbroken about Brelooming.
Bad things always happen to good people. That's life. Tuberculosis won't kill him though I'm pretty sure. A "good chance" is always preventable thanks to modern medicine.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not sure about Lucario, but it's crazy how much Wii Fit Trainers I see online.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
To help lighten up the mood (which I'm sure is already lightened but this took time to make), I'm going to gush about why I like Konosuba. This was/is a part of a Top 10 anime list that I was making, and might continue if y'all are interested.

Why do I like Konosuba? It's easy.
Megumin.

giphy (2).gif

Nuff said.

Being serious, Konosuba is a brilliant anime. It was a highly enjoyable first watch, and the more I read/watch about it the more I like it. It might beat out Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood if it weren't for the nostalgia I hold for the latter if I'm speaking honestly.

To give a premise, the protagonist Kazuma dies and is given the chance to reincarnate into a fantasy world with any 1 item of his choice. Out of spite, he chooses the goddess who handles reincarnation, Aqua. The two are transported to another world and given the task of defeating the Demon King. Along the way they party up with Megumin, an explosion-obsessed mage who can only use her explosion spell once a day before becoming physically and magically drained, and Darkness, a masochist crusader who can't hit anything. The show follows Kazuma and his party's misadventures in this world, with Kazuma learning that, while life in this new world isn't as he expected, it isn't too bad.

The highlight of Konosuba is easily its characters. The chemistry between them is almost magical; Mother's Basement puts it best in that the characters are immediately close with one another. This allows their virtues and flaws to mesh with each other, which creates countless scenarios and sets up a majority of the jokes. All 4 of the main characters are fundamentally flawed, and there's an argument for each of them being horrible people, but at the same time each of them pull through when needed, and together are incredibly capable. Each character is animated to properly capture their emotions, which heightens the comedy (and makes for great reaction images).

None of this is mentioning how the show is a biting parody of the entire isekai genre (wherein the main character is transported to another world) and common harem tropes. The show accomplishes this in such a subtle way that I didn't even notice until it was pointed out to me, but that just makes the show even better to me.

Also, I'd like to give Konosuba props for my favorite anime opening animation ever. Typically openings are just opportunities to put cool scenes/foreshadowing to catchy J-Pop songs, but the second opening of Konosuba manages to condense an entire story in the opening. Take a watch for yourself:
no this wasn't an excuse to link both Konosuba OPs since I love both of them

The personalities of and chemistry between these characters is so well established that it can be conveyed in 90 seconds. If that's not impressive I don't know what is.

Let me know if you want to see this continued. I've got the list made, I just need to type up justifications and such.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I was a big Lucario main in Brawl. But in 4 it started to feel just too wacky despite I like the high risk/high reward gimmick, in Ultimate pretty much feels the same for me so I never use it anymore.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I really like Lucario's moveset with his whole martial arts and flaming blue aura effects.

It's just aura itself as a mechanic makes me want to die.
Like, literally I have to be close to dying to proc it.

It's like Joker except without the cool stand... so I guess it's hamon in this situation.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I like Bowser. Jr, he's just so bad for some reason. He was fine in 4, but something just made him feel worse in Ultimate and I don't know what.
Eh. He honestly wasn't great in 4 either.

He's pretty much the same character this time around w/ a few minor tweaks.

It's just that in a roster of 70+ characters, he seems much worse by comparison. Hence why I don't main him in Ultimate (I do keep him as a secondary though).

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
To help lighten up the mood (which I'm sure is already lightened but this took time to make), I'm going to gush about why I like Konosuba. This was/is a part of a Top 10 anime list that I was making, and might continue if y'all are interested.

Megumin.

View attachment 221552

Nuff said.

Being serious, Konosuba is a brilliant anime. It was a highly enjoyable first watch, and the more I read/watch about it the more I like it. It might beat out Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood if it weren't for the nostalgia I hold for the latter if I'm speaking honestly.

To give a premise, the protagonist Kazuma dies and is given the chance to reincarnate into a fantasy world with any 1 item of his choice. Out of spite, he chooses the goddess who handles reincarnation, Aqua. The two are transported to another world and given the task of defeating the Demon King. Along the way they party up with Megumin, an explosion-obsessed mage who can only use her explosion spell once a day before becoming physically and magically drained, and Darkness, a masochist crusader who can't hit anything. The show follows Kazuma and his party's misadventures in this world, with Kazuma learning that, while life in this new world isn't as he expected, it isn't too bad.

The highlight of Konosuba is easily its characters. The chemistry between them is almost magical; Mother's Basement puts it best in that the characters are immediately close with one another. This allows their virtues and flaws to mesh with each other, which creates countless scenarios and sets up a majority of the jokes. All 4 of the main characters are fundamentally flawed, and there's an argument for each of them being horrible people, but at the same time each of them pull through when needed, and together are incredibly capable. Each character is animated to properly capture their emotions, which heightens the comedy (and makes for great reaction images)

None of this is mentioning how the show is a biting parody of the entire isekai genre (wherein the main character is transported to another world) and common harem tropes. The show accomplishes this in such a subtle way that I didn't even notice until it was pointed out to me, but that just makes the show even better to me.

Also, I'd like to give Konosuba props for my favorite anime opening animation ever. Typically openings are just opportunities to put cool scenes/foreshadowing to catchy J-Pop songs, but the second opening of Konosuba manages to condense an entire story in the opening. Take a watch for yourself:
The personalities of and chemistry between these characters is so well thought out that it can be conveyed in 90 seconds. If that's not impressive I don't know what is.

Let me know if you want to see this continued. I've got the list made, I just need to type up justifications and such.
Well said.
Konosuba's magic comes from it's characters. That's the secret recipe to a lot of good comedy anime out there, good chemistry between characters. Although in my opinion the top two spots for comedy anime has to go to Gintama and Grand Blue, those two are just on another level.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Well said.
Konosuba's magic comes from its characters. That's the secret recipe to a lot of good comedy anime out there, good chemistry between characters. Although in my opinion the top two spots for comedy anime has to go to Gintama and Grand Blue, those two are just on another level.
I'd watch Gintama.

But there are so many episodes.

I don't know if I can do long shows anymore.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Eh. He honestly wasn't great in 4 either.

He's pretty much the same character this time around w/ a few minor tweaks.

It's just that in a roster of 70+ characters, he seems much worse by comparison. Hence why I don't main him in Ultimate (I do keep him as a secondary though).
It's not that. He just felt a lot more fun in 4. If he was a little more viable in that game, I would've mained him. Now, whatever it was that made him so fun is gone,

I felt that way with Roy at first, too. I came around with him, I hope Jr. follows soon.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So, just watched today's episode of DuckTales. And holy ****, was it intense.

Why do I like Konosuba? It's easy.
Megumin.

View attachment 221552

Nuff said.

The highlight of Konosuba is easily its characters. The chemistry between them is almost magical; Mother's Basement puts it best in that the characters are immediately close with one another. This allows their virtues and flaws to mesh with each other, which creates countless scenarios and sets up a majority of the jokes. All 4 of the main characters are fundamentally flawed, and there's an argument for each of them being horrible people, but at the same time each of them pull through when needed, and together are incredibly capable. Each character is animated to properly capture their emotions, which heightens the comedy (and makes for great reaction images)

The personalities of and chemistry between these characters is so well established that it can be conveyed in 90 seconds. If that's not impressive I don't know what is.

First off, great write-up on Konosuba. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Second, I'd love to see you continue this list. I like seeing what other people are interested in.

Shroob

Sup?
*Me, minding my own business*

"Ya know, the final boss theme from Planet Robobot has been on my mind lately. I'll google it to get an idea what it's called."

"Huh, oh right, the final boss' name was Star Dream, let's see if there's anything neat in the ima----"

*GOOGLE CRASHES IN THROUGH MY SCREEN DOOR*

Google, "Hey brah. Heard you were looking up Kirby images, brah. You'd like some gijinkas, right brah?"

Me, "N...No, no I really wouldn't Go---"

Google, "I gotcha fam. I gotchu."

Why

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'd watch Gintama.

But there are so many episodes.

I don't know if I can do long shows anymore.
That's understandable. It is a big fish to swallow. My recommendation is to take it in waves. I watched the first 50 episodes and then took a month break. Came back to watch over a hundred episodes and took a break for another month. And then I watched like 70 and took another break. That's my tactic for big shows like this, and since Gintama isn't plot-heavy you don't have to worry about forgetting the details of some episodes and you can always come back to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom