• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So, just watched today's episode of DuckTales. And holy ****, was it intense.

First off, great write-up on Konosuba. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Second, I'd love to see you continue this list. I like seeing what other people are interested in.
I'm thinking I'll make them one at a time. Each is a mini-essay, and I don't have it in me to write a large post just yet given that's time away from the thread and other places (my mind is in many different places in terms of projects to take on with my free time).

Everyone: Choose a number between 1-11, excluding 4. You can also choose the letters H and T.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm thinking I'll make them one at a time. Each is a mini-essay, and I don't have it in me to write a large post just yet given that's time away from the thread and other places (my mind is in many different places in terms of projects to take on with my free time).

Everyone: Choose a number between 1-11, excluding 4. You can also choose the letters H and T.

game and watch waiting.gif

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
To help lighten up the mood (which I'm sure is already lightened but this took time to make), I'm going to gush about why I like Konosuba. This was/is a part of a Top 10 anime list that I was making, and might continue if y'all are interested.

Why do I like Konosuba? It's easy.
Megumin.

View attachment 221552

Nuff said.

Being serious, Konosuba is a brilliant anime. It was a highly enjoyable first watch, and the more I read/watch about it the more I like it. It might beat out Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood if it weren't for the nostalgia I hold for the latter if I'm speaking honestly.

To give a premise, the protagonist Kazuma dies and is given the chance to reincarnate into a fantasy world with any 1 item of his choice. Out of spite, he chooses the goddess who handles reincarnation, Aqua. The two are transported to another world and given the task of defeating the Demon King. Along the way they party up with Megumin, an explosion-obsessed mage who can only use her explosion spell once a day before becoming physically and magically drained, and Darkness, a masochist crusader who can't hit anything. The show follows Kazuma and his party's misadventures in this world, with Kazuma learning that, while life in this new world isn't as he expected, it isn't too bad.

The highlight of Konosuba is easily its characters. The chemistry between them is almost magical; Mother's Basement puts it best in that the characters are immediately close with one another. This allows their virtues and flaws to mesh with each other, which creates countless scenarios and sets up a majority of the jokes. All 4 of the main characters are fundamentally flawed, and there's an argument for each of them being horrible people, but at the same time each of them pull through when needed, and together are incredibly capable. Each character is animated to properly capture their emotions, which heightens the comedy (and makes for great reaction images).

None of this is mentioning how the show is a biting parody of the entire isekai genre (wherein the main character is transported to another world) and common harem tropes. The show accomplishes this in such a subtle way that I didn't even notice until it was pointed out to me, but that just makes the show even better to me.

Also, I'd like to give Konosuba props for my favorite anime opening animation ever. Typically openings are just opportunities to put cool scenes/foreshadowing to catchy J-Pop songs, but the second opening of Konosuba manages to condense an entire story in the opening. Take a watch for yourself:
no this wasn't an excuse to link both Konosuba OPs since I love both of them

The personalities of and chemistry between these characters is so well established that it can be conveyed in 90 seconds. If that's not impressive I don't know what is.

Let me know if you want to see this continued. I've got the list made, I just need to type up justifications and such.
See this?
AdventurousCreativeGourami-small.gif

That's what I call a post of Quality!

Great write-up fella! The Konosuba Gang (the characters here) is really something special and beautiful to see in motion, they all go so well together.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

It's the perfect number. Symmetrical both horizontally and vertically.

Noipoi

Howdy!

the number of Benjamin's Extraterrestrials

osby

Smash Obsessed
*Me, minding my own business*

"Ya know, the final boss theme from Planet Robobot has been on my mind lately. I'll google it to get an idea what it's called."

"Huh, oh right, the final boss' name was Star Dream, let's see if there's anything neat in the ima----"

*GOOGLE CRASHES IN THROUGH MY SCREEN DOOR*

Google, "Hey brah. Heard you were looking up Kirby images, brah. You'd like some gijinkas, right brah?"

Me, "N...No, no I really wouldn't Go---"

Google, "I gotcha fam. I gotchu."

Why
Me: *looks up to 1 (one) anime opening*
YouTube: "let's show this guy all the straight hentai we have"

7. It's the best number.

D

Deleted member

To help lighten up the mood (which I'm sure is already lightened but this took time to make), I'm going to gush about why I like Konosuba. This was/is a part of a Top 10 anime list that I was making, and might continue if y'all are interested.

Why do I like Konosuba? It's easy.
Megumin.

View attachment 221552

Nuff said.

Being serious, Konosuba is a brilliant anime. It was a highly enjoyable first watch, and the more I read/watch about it the more I like it. It might beat out Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood if it weren't for the nostalgia I hold for the latter if I'm speaking honestly.

To give a premise, the protagonist Kazuma dies and is given the chance to reincarnate into a fantasy world with any 1 item of his choice. Out of spite, he chooses the goddess who handles reincarnation, Aqua. The two are transported to another world and given the task of defeating the Demon King. Along the way they party up with Megumin, an explosion-obsessed mage who can only use her explosion spell once a day before becoming physically and magically drained, and Darkness, a masochist crusader who can't hit anything. The show follows Kazuma and his party's misadventures in this world, with Kazuma learning that, while life in this new world isn't as he expected, it isn't too bad.

The highlight of Konosuba is easily its characters. The chemistry between them is almost magical; Mother's Basement puts it best in that the characters are immediately close with one another. This allows their virtues and flaws to mesh with each other, which creates countless scenarios and sets up a majority of the jokes. All 4 of the main characters are fundamentally flawed, and there's an argument for each of them being horrible people, but at the same time each of them pull through when needed, and together are incredibly capable. Each character is animated to properly capture their emotions, which heightens the comedy (and makes for great reaction images).

None of this is mentioning how the show is a biting parody of the entire isekai genre (wherein the main character is transported to another world) and common harem tropes. The show accomplishes this in such a subtle way that I didn't even notice until it was pointed out to me, but that just makes the show even better to me.

Also, I'd like to give Konosuba props for my favorite anime opening animation ever. Typically openings are just opportunities to put cool scenes/foreshadowing to catchy J-Pop songs, but the second opening of Konosuba manages to condense an entire story in the opening. Take a watch for yourself:
no this wasn't an excuse to link both Konosuba OPs since I love both of them

The personalities of and chemistry between these characters is so well established that it can be conveyed in 90 seconds. If that's not impressive I don't know what is.

Let me know if you want to see this continued. I've got the list made, I just need to type up justifications and such.
Yeah that sounds interesting so I may have to give it a watch sometime. Also based off of characteristics I think that crusader whom I suspect is the girl in yellow is best girl though I don't know how accurate that is it just sounds amusing.

And yeah I'd totally like for you to continue this thing I've been considering doing something like this for shows that I like I'm just hesitant to do so. I may do something like this or I may not either way I'm interested in seeing you continue this thing.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Yeah that sounds interesting so I may have to give it a watch sometime. Also based off of characteristics I think that crusader whom I suspect is the girl in yellow is best girl though I don't know how accurate that is it just sounds amusing.

And yeah I'd totally like for you to continue this thing I've been considering doing something like this for shows that I like I'm just hesitant to do so. I may do something like this or I may not either way I'm interested in seeing you continue this thing.
The best girl is actually Aqua. The one that Hinata Hinata uses as an avatar pic.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

*Ahem*
darkness thumb up.jpg

She IS best girl, don't let others tell you the contrary.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The best girl is actually Aqua. The one that Hinata Hinata uses as an avatar pic.
That's mad **** to talk for someone in EXPUROSHUN distance.

Megumin is best girl and nothing can change that.

She also ends up with Kazuma so we all know who's best girl to the author

GwmqsYA.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh I know who Aqua is based off of that one stage custom stage people were freaking out about. I actually know a fair amount about what Konosuba is I was just never too interested in watching it since it's an Isekai and those kinda shows aren't my type of thing.

Still I think I like that girl in Yellow is best girl based off of what I've heard about the show.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

View attachment 221564
You are free to have your opinion, even if it is completely wrong.

Also the fact that Aqua did NOT get romantically involved with Kazuma makes her even better.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

View attachment 221564
Heh, I may no win this war, but atleast I avoided this explosion.

Still won't change my mind, Darkness is best girl you bunch of explosion maniacs.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You are free to have your opinion, even if it is completely wrong.

Also the fact that Aqua did NOT get romantically involved with Kazuma makes her even better.
Megumin is best girl.
Look I'm all for platonic Kazuma x Aqua but Kazuma x Megumin is legit best pairing.
Bottom text

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
After more thoughts about it (read: the fact I really can't use alot of Darkness/Vanir reaction images around here), I decided to switch to the main man himself.

Don't worry Boobs & Vanir, I will never forget you.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Megumin is best girl.
Look I'm all for platonic Kazuma x Aqua but Kazuma x Megumin is legit best pairing.
Bottom text
Oh I agree. Megumin is the right choice if we're gonna pick a character between those three. Aqua being narcissistic and completely shameless with Kazuma makes their relationship and chemistry enjoyable, and their current attitude with each other is much more interesting than a romantic relationship between them imo

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I found a compliation on YouTube of every time Aqua starts crying in both seasons of Konosuba.

It is 15 minutes long.

If that doesn't sum up her character, I dunno what will.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>When you can finally use a ton of reaction images/gif without triggering the mods.

Oh baby, I'm already liking this change.:ultridley:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
>When you can finally use a ton of reaction images/gif without triggering the mods.

Oh baby, I'm already liking this change.:ultridley:
You went from a masochist to a pervert.

tumblr_pblobjkHbM1wckczgo7_250.png

Hardly an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom