• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I'd have loved to see more of DK64 in the game beyond the (mangled) rap. If we're getting that, at least give us the full version.

Besides, a Frantic Factory stage would have been awesome, and have been a great place for all of K.Rool's baller remixes. Or even some of DK64's music as well.

At least we got K.Rool's final smash from DK64 (despite Krokodile Isle not being an actual island), and I much prefer the DK64 for Tiny to her new incarnation (shudder)
Preach it, man! No K. Rool Duel remix is a huge missed opportunity.
Just put the whole soundtrack there, I won't mind. :4pacman:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
...Obviously Xbox Live isn't coming to Switch.

Rare Replay is possible, but I doubt it. It'd be neat though. Killer Instinct, Killer Instinct Gold, Banjo & Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Jet Force Gemini, Blast Corps... etc.

Okay, I don't actually know what's all on Rare Replay, but all of those are amazing games in their own right, so...

----------------

Though speaking of 64 games, I finally uploaded my latest Eletale Monsters LP part. I gotta work on better names, though. >.>
*coughs nervously*

D

Deleted member

It would be cool if they added this game too in a possible Rare Replay port for Switch.

Alias Tex

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3796-7058-8396
Isn't almost all the soundtrack just ambient music?
Minecraft’s music in smash is pretty tricky, because none of the OST really works for fighting. That actually excites me, however, because that would imply that we would get a bunch of remixes of some of my all-time favorite game soundtrack. Depending on the timing, however, Smash could just use tracks from Minecraft: Dungeons.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

osby

Smash Obsessed
BotW should've taken more inspiration from Xenoblade and blast heavy metal music whenever you encounter with Cuccos.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So who else watches football here and, followup question, who's still mildly depressed and questioning their will to be excited by football after last night?

**** the Patriots, man.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Isn't almost all the soundtrack just ambient music?
You can also obtain records in the game and play them in a record player for some more upbeat music. Not that ambient music is a bad thing, though, I’m the sort of guy who likes to play Outdoors at 7 PM on Town and City, ahaha...

And i'm just in the corner, with no idea how the frick Steve could possibly play.
Since I’d imagine Steve would have poor mobility and rather awkward despite still disjointed normals, I’d imagine he’d be reliant on building traps and uneven terrain to slow his opponents down. Placement of regular blocks could actually be part of his normals to free up his specials for more types of traps. He’d have to be wary that his traps aren’t used against him, though.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So who else watches football here and, followup question, who's still mildly depressed and questioning their will to be excited by football after last night?

**** the Patriots, man.
I don't even watch real football.

Environmental Noises is considered battle worthy for Smash...

I think it's fine
I don't know you, but no other music track in Ultimate makes my blood pump as much as Environmental Noises.

R O F L

Smash Ace
I'd have loved to see more of DK64 in the game beyond the (mangled) rap. If we're getting that, at least give us the full version.

Besides, a Frantic Factory stage would have been awesome, and have been a great place for all of K.Rool's baller remixes. Or even some of DK64's music as well.

At least we got K.Rool's final smash from DK64 (despite Krokodile Isle not being an actual island), and I much prefer the DK64 for Tiny to her new incarnation (shudder)
For some reason I've never been a fan of DK64's music.
The fact that I never played it doesn't help.

**** the Patriots, man.
I watched it, but I'm not really a fan of football.

At least I understand how the game works :upsidedown:

D

Deleted member

If he gets in, I think Steve is going to come with music from other Microsoft properties (B&K, Halo, etc.)

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure Steve would be another swordsman.
You can also wear anime skins in MC...

Block Man is more animu swordsguy traesh confirmed. THANKS A LOT, MASH POTATO SAMURAI. SMH, too much Fiah Emburem. >:-(

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
*coughs nervously*
You know what's most exciting about that?

That means that all these developers Microsoft has purchased to make games exclusively for Xbox will no longer be exclusively for Xbox. If this works and Microsoft capitalizes on bridging the consoles together and focusing instead on software sales, Phil Spencer's a genius and we'll all be better off for it. If.

Noipoi

Howdy!
For me, the jury's still out on Steve. I kinda **** on him a bit because so many people rush to his defense and it amuses me, but i'm honestly pretty neutral on him.

If he's in the game, i'll let his moveset speak for him. If it's really as amazing and Godly as people say it'll be i'll be the first one to admit it.

D

Deleted member

Xbox Live on Switch could be great news for Rare and Nintendo.
Maybe Microsoft would allow them to make some games on Switch.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Isn’t the “Xbox Live” thing mainly for achievements or progress with cross play?

I feel as if people are taking things a little far with assuming it means Xbox content is coming to Switch otherwise, or that it’s leasing to Smash content. This wouldn’t mean anything either way considering everything has already been picked.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm from New England...

What am I supposed to say?
New England is like 13 different states along the Atlantic coast. They can't call dibs on all of them.

Just another reason to hate the Foxborough Patriots.

D

Deleted member

The worst thing from the Super Bowl was the thing that happened to Sweet Victory.

That was just awful.

D

Deleted member

For me, the jury's still out on Steve. I kinda **** on him a bit because so many people rush to his defense and it amuses me, but i'm honestly pretty neutral on him.

If he's in the game, i'll let his moveset speak for him. If it's really as amazing and Godly as people say it'll be i'll be the first one to admit it.
I just want him because I like Minecraft and think he'd be fun.

Also, Minecraft's a super nostalgic and honestly really important game to me for a multitude of reasons. Seeing it get Smash content would actually get me a little emotional. Not like crying kind of emotional, but I'd definitely get some nostalgia feels.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know what's most exciting about that?

That means that all these developers Microsoft has purchased to make games exclusively for Xbox will no longer be exclusively for Xbox. If this works and Microsoft capitalizes on bridging the consoles together and focusing instead on software sales, Phil Spencer's a genius and we'll all be better off for it. If.
This alongside the PS5 supposedly having backwards compatibility with every other Sony system mean that the next console generation is going to be REALLY ****ing interesting, that's for sure

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just want him because I like Minecraft and think he'd be fun.

Also, Minecraft's a super nostalgic and honestly really important game to me for a multitude of reasons. Seeing it get Smash content would actually get me a little emotional. Not like crying kind of emotional, but I'd definitely get some nostalgia feels.
I've been suppressing my Minecraft nostalgia because the masses find it cringy

Lollipopped

Smash Lord

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
IMO Donkey Kong Country 1 is fine, but we need a few more DKC2 tracks, we only have 3. My personal wants would be Hot Head Bop, Jib Jig, and Flight of the Zinger.
Only if half of DKC's 29 songs on Smash were not DK Jungle Swing :/

And Big Boss Blues is my favorite DKC3 song, so i'm all for it. It's kinda odd that DKC3 currently has zero music in Smash.
Eh, fair point, DKC 2 could definitely warrant more music. I honestly remember there being more than three. Not sure why. Also not sure how I forgot Jib Jig too, that one's great.

:094:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom