• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
For me personally, Sonic Forces is probably my most hated Sonic game, right next to Boom.

That game was one of the biggest disappointments to me in a very long time. It had everything going for it: The team from Colors and Generations (supposedly), a decently long development period, and a solid gameplay formula that proved Sonic could work in 3D.

And then they still somehow managed to screw it up.
I could be wrong on this, but from what I heard, it was mostly amateurs and new people on the team and the game itself was in development for one year while the rest went into developing the game’s engine.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
I dont think Ive ever stright up called a game a flop or ****. Everything is either "I love it", "I like it" or "It was alright" but never "omg this game ****ing sucks ***" Unless its some sorta bad shovelware
Same, unless it relies on microtransactions. If a game is made where you are expected spend less than $3 multiple times on a change to your game, then it probably (there's at least one exception somewhere, I guess) deserves to be set on fire.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Yeah, I never touched Amiibo festival. It seemed like one of those slow-paced, boring family party game titles.
If you wanna play a good Animal Crossing spin-off, just play Happy Home Designer. It was actually pretty neat.

D

Deleted member

I dont think Ive ever stright up called a game a flop or ****. Everything is either "I love it", "I like it" or "It was alright" but never "omg this game ****ing sucks ***" Unless its some sorta bad shovelware

forces and Amiibo festival fall under It Was Alright.
I haven't played many games I've outright hated. I could probably count them all on one hand.

However, I can definitely list games I didn't bother with because they weren't (IMO) good after seeing them fully upon release. I didn't instantly judge Forces either: I read reviews, watched reviews and gameplay, and went around looking at everything I could about it. For those familiar with AntDude on YT, his video on the game pretty much sums up my thoughts on Forces. As he put it, it is a bad game and an even worse Sonic game.

Amiibo Festival is another game I have very negative feelings towards, but TBH there's nothing I can really say about it that isn't just saying what everyone else has said about it.

That's just me, though. I'm glad you were able to enjoy those games. :)

I could be wrong on this, but from what I heard, it was mostly amateurs and new people on the team and the game itself was in development for one year while the rest went into developing the game’s engine.
That would explain a lot and sadly doesn't surprise me.

Gotta love the fact that this game only had one lead level designer with only two people under them, and all three were newbies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
From what I remember, Forces was deliberately designed to be for kids who can just blaze through it, which is fine I guess, but Classic Sonic being shoehorned in pleased nobody and teasing Chaos and Shadow boss fights only for those not to exist were VERY disappointing, ESPECIALLY Chaos as Chaos hasn't appeared in a long time

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeah, I never touched Amiibo festival. It seemed like one of those slow-paced, boring family party game titles.
If you wanna play a good Animal Crossing spin-off, just play Happy Home Designer. It was actually pretty neat.
I seemed like that because Amiibo Fest was a slow paced family party game. and oof I love Happy Home Designer so damn much

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
All in all I just really hope there's a direct soon, ideally this week or next

Hoping they address the Piranha Plant All Star data loss issue

maybe more info on Joker, and a trailer/teaser for the next character

with how Brave's info was now hidden from the code, I have a feeling Brave will NOT be the next character revealed, whomever they may be

Graizen

Smash Champion
What if they are holding on Digimon Survive info to announce it in a Nintendo Direct together with Agumon joining Smash

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That's just me, though. I'm glad you were able to enjoy those games. :)
Yeah, I found.Amiibo festival really adorable personaly. Just like how everyone hates KH: Dream Drop Distance. While the game does have some flaws, I still love the game. It felt charming and Sora and Rikus relationship was in the main light and Imma sucker for those two

D

Deleted member

Erdrick would be dope.

It's kinda like getting a CT character because of the artstyle, so I'll take it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Broke: Brave is Erdrick
Woke: Brave is Bandana Dee (cause small, possibly floaty)
Bespoke: Brave is Neku Sakuraba (Bravery is a stat in TWEWY)
A S C E N D E D: Brave is Yuri Lowell (Brave Vesperia)
ON A WHOLE DIFFERENT PLANET: Brave is Elma because **** it I want her yesterday and this has no reasoning behind it only personal desires and bias

...you can tell the drought is getting to me can't you :lol:

D

Deleted member

Broke: Brave is Erdrick
Woke: Brave is Bandana Dee (cause small, possibly floaty)
Bespoke: Brave is Neku Sakuraba (Bravery is a stat in TWEWY)
A S C E N D E D: Brave is Yuri Lowell (Brave Vesperia)
ON A WHOLE DIFFERENT PLANET: Brave is Elma because **** it I want her yesterday and this has no reasoning behind it only personal desires and bias

...you can tell the drought is getting to me can't you :lol:
IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY: Brave is Zoe Trent because **** everyone, the Smash community was a mistake except for meeeeee

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Regarding the Sonic discussion...

Does anyone know where I can find Sonic 2? I keep hyping myself up for Tails and that's the first game I ever played. I guess there's really nowhere I can play it outside of some giant compilation with 60 other games I'll never touch, but I don't know which compilations have it and I don't want to spend a lot for something that doesn't have it.

Preferably something for Switch/Xbox/iOS, if anyone knows one.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Does anyone know where I can find Sonic 2? I keep hyping myself up for Tails and that's the first game I ever played. I guess there's really nowhere I can play it outside of some giant compilation with 60 other games I'll never touch, but I don't know which compilations have it and I don't want to spend a lot for something that doesn't have it.

The Sega Genesis collection on the Switch has Sonic 2 (I think the collection's about $40), though there's also the Sega AGES rereleases, which are cheaper (though only one game as opposed to a bunch of them) and enhanced ports. There isn't one for Sonic 2 yet, but they have released Sonic 1 through that, so I can't think you'd have to wait long for it.

EDIT: the Sega Genesis Classics collection is $40, while the Sega AGES games are $9 each, going by my eShop. It depends on whether you want one Sega Genesis game or more than one; if you want at least five of them, I'd say get the collection. However, it's worth noting that the Sega Genesis Classics collection stopped including Sonic 3 & Knuckles beyond a certain point - it's on the Steam version, but I'm not sure where else it would be.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Last I checked it's literally 3 bucks or so on Steam and I believe you can buy it separately on the Xbox and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Taxman version on iOS?

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
So, what do yall thik about Shinya Kumazaki's DQ/Kirby Instagram post?
I think it means nothing. It's just like the Rathalos screenshot from before Ultimate released. It's coincidental in timing but it's just that: a coincidence.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I think it means nothing. It's just like the Rathalos screenshot from before Ultimate released. It's coincidental in timing but it's just that: a coincidence.
Man that screenshot situation was weird. Some Golden Sun/Camelot fan must've taken it, or maybe it was a complete coincidence, yet it spurred belief that it was subtly teasing Isaac being added to the roster.

Oh well, that wasn't as stupid as Chair Theory, at least.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Honestly, the funniest thing about this whole Brave ordeal is people trying to connect it to literally anyone other than Erdrick. Japanese kid shows taught me Brave is connected to Yuusha. Sure, it's not an official translation but the people who made these fan subtitles are known for being as literal as possible in translations
Kiba means Fang so Yuusha must mean the word that comes Brave here

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I don't care who we get for DLC, can we just get more DKC2 music
I think we need more Tropical Freeze music than anything.

But then you'd need Dixie, Funky, or Cranky. Ergo, you care to a point.
I’d love to have Dixie if only so we get a Tropical Freeze stage and music list.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I don't care who we get for DLC, can we just get more DKC2 music
I'm hoping we get more Tropical Freeze music: we only got two tracks in Ultimate and one of them's a remix of - you guessed it - Jungle Hijinx.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom