• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I once made an incredibly long posts about how Koalas are incredibly dumb from an evolutionary standpoint
*gives him a look of disdain* (note: I am just messing with you there) It's all cool. Just make sure never to say that again while I am around. I love koalas that much.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Catching up because I was busy playing Hallow Knight. Saw this.
I'm the guy that named Randall lmao
Decided to look it up.
I've officially dubbed this cloud, Randall.

From now on, everybody must refer to the cloud on Yoshi's Story as Randall.

Thank you.
I love it when you can tell a post is visited a lot from it's like count alone.

Anyone want to find a random old post and have us all like the heck out of it?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Catching up because I was busy playing Hallow Knight. Saw this.

Decided to look it up.

I love it when you can tell a post is visited a lot from it's like count alone.

13 years

think about where you were 13 years ago

all the while FastFox FastFox was here, on this very site, naming Randall before the masses

D

Deleted member

Animating right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

13 years

all the while FastFox FastFox was here, on this very site, naming Randall before the masses
Over half of his likes come from that one post. We should keep a record of truly legendary posts, the Smashboards Hall of Fame if you will.

D

Deleted member

The Switch Pro-Controller is nice.
I have three of them, but I wish I had one with a cool design on it.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
13 years

FastFox FastFox *muffled* “You merely adopted the competitive scene, I was born in it. Molded by it. I did not see Brawl until I was already a man and it was nothing to me but BLINDING!.”

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Just got a pro controller because my Joy-Cons were drifting. Hope Sword & Shield are compatible.

STARCO

IT'S REAL
MFW:

I could just hear the fandom collectively shouting in pure joy when their confessions and kiss happened. That twist near the end of the second episode, though...Poor, poor Star...This series finale is gonna be rough.

Also, if this scene right here is the last scene we get of Toffee in the series, then I am satisfied.

Noipoi

Howdy!
MFW:

I could just hear the fandom collectively shouting in pure joy when their confessions and kiss happened. That twist near the end of the second episode, though...Poor, poor Star...This series finale is gonna be rough.

Also, if this scene right here is the last scene we get of Toffee in the series, then I am satisfied.
Really thought they'd save it till the end of the show, glad they didn't.

Next episode is gonna be frickin wild, wonder how it's all gonna end.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
How did I not see that?! Very funny there! Where's the reference from?
There’s a copypasta that rants about how stupid Koalas are, I would post it but it’s so profanity ridden that it would take forever to censor it.

Basic rundown is that Koalas are some of the dumbest mammals in existence with literal smooth brains, they can’t even recognize Eucalyptus leaves when it’s not on a branch. So they can starve in a room literally filled with the only thing they eat. they hardly get any energy from Eucalyptus leaves so most of their life is spent in a drugged out daze or sleeping. Also they are often filled with STDs, their baby joeys literally eat their mother’s poo, and have horrible demonic screams.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
That time that one user claimed they saw Chunky Kong as an assist trophy at Smashfest
A few little things I saw that I haven't seen posted yet.

Chunky Kong is an AT, he ground pounds and bananas drop from the ceiling.

Bubbles (The Zelda ones), Redeads, and some KI:U-looking ship enemy with a polygon shield were some Smash Run enemies I encountered.

When in Giga Mac mode, Mac does not have access to his KO punch, even if he's built up full meter for it.

Yoshi's moves have received a lot of changes from playing him in the 3DS demo, with new running attack (a dive kick) and upsmash (a fox-like flipkick). He might also be able to jump while Egg Rolling now, might've been an edge thing.

I can officially deconfirm Cranky Kong as well, as I collected him as a trophy in Smash Run.

More to come when I have time to do a full write-up of this.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Really thought they'd save it till the end of the show, glad they didn't.

Next episode is gonna be frickin wild, wonder how it's all gonna end.
I was on neutral ground for the pairing from the beginning, but seeing it actually happen is really cool and heartwarming. They've been building up to it for a long time now so it would've really made sense for them to be the official couple in the end...even if it may or may not last...

Honestly I'm really hoping that Star doesn't destroy the magic.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
D

Deleted member

This time on "Random Stuff YouTube Throws in my Recommended":

he

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
There’s a copypasta that rants about how stupid Koalas are, I would post it but it’s so profanity ridden that it would take forever to censor it.

Basic rundown is that Koalas are some of the dumbest mammals in existence with literal smooth brains, they can’t even recognize Eucalyptus leaves when it’s not on a branch. So they can starve in a room literally filled with the only thing they eat. they hardly get any energy from Eucalyptus leaves so most of their life is spent in a drugged out daze or sleeping. Also they are often filled with STDs, their baby joeys literally eat their mother’s poo, and have horrible demonic screams.
Oh come on...COME ON!!!! So what if they are unintelligent? They are still so damn cute, and I want to hug one! Nothing can change my mind, even!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Saw the mentioning of a Microsoft character, and I agree with @Mr. Wario and Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku . A western character is overrated in general. When you think about it:

1) It’s never happened before
2) Sure, Microsoft is “chummy” with Nintendo. But Nintendo was also “chummy” with Ubisoft, so where’s Rayman?
3) Language barrier, Sakurai’s process of meeting 1 on 1 with creators
4) Sakurai has used Smash as a way to better the Japanese gaming industry.

Incidentally, while I think the focus of DLC will be to include strictly Japanese 3rd parties and capitalize on Top IP to close out “Everyone is here!”, I do expect a surprise.

For example, while I think Erdrick is a great pick for another 3rd party legacy series (and good for getting Dragon Quest on the minds of many western gamers), and Resident Evil works quite well in bringing a new selection of fans (and another legacy series), I can absolutely see Sakurai going for a curveball of the Chosen Undead or another “WHAT” pick. Joker was already a surprise pick, but I don’t expect the entire Fighter Pack to be that way. I really only expect one other surprise.

Last edited:

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
User was warned for this post
Koalas are ****ing horrible animals. They have one of the smallest brain to body ratios of any mammal, additionally - their brains are smooth. A brain is folded to increase the surface area for neurons. If you present a koala with leaves plucked from a branch, laid on a flat surface, the koala will not recognise it as food. They are too thick to adapt their feeding behaviour to cope with change. In a room full of potential food, they can literally starve to death. This is not the token of an animal that is winning at life. Speaking of stupidity and food, one of the likely reasons for their primitive brains is the fact that additionally to being poisonous, eucalyptus leaves (the only thing they eat) have almost no nutritional value. They can't afford the extra energy to think, they sleep more than 80% of their ****ing lives. When they are awake all they do is eat, **** and occasionally scream like ****ing satan. Because eucalyptus leaves hold such little nutritional value, koalas have to ferment the leaves in their guts for days on end. Unlike their brains, they have the largest hind gut to body ratio of any mammal. Many herbivorous mammals have adaptations to cope with harsh plant life taking its toll on their teeth, rodents for instance have teeth that never stop growing, some animals only have teeth on their lower jaw, grinding plant matter on bony plates in the tops of their mouths, others have enlarged molars that distribute the wear and break down plant matter more efficiently... Koalas are no exception, when their teeth erode down to nothing, they resolve the situation by starving to death, because they're ****ing terrible animals. Being mammals, koalas raise their joeys on milk (admittedly, one of the lowest milk yields to body ratio... There's a trend here).

There's more to the copypasta but I don't want to make it a bigger wall of text than it already is lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom