• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Y'all aint ready for them to announce Google itself as a playable character.
Final smash is selling your data to advertisers.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Jeez though, first the Grinch, now the Google. When we getting the Granola Bar Theory?
Nintendo's gonna make a deal with Quaker to promote Smash on their products.

Unfortunately... They'll list a couple new companies, (including Koei Tecmo and Microsoft) in the characther copyright section

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I find it quite convenient that it's the 5chan leak but replaces the two characters people hate the most from it.
Artorias is a random pick but that seems to be the safety net to make it look legit.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Nintendo's gonna make a deal with Quaker to promote Smash on their products.

Unfortunately... They'll list a couple new companies, (including Koei Tecmo and Microsoft) in the copyright section
Why does this actually sound like something that, in a weird world, could happen?

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
When Sakurai puts a granola bar on a table behind him during a Direct

Clearly this will then mean we are getting Conker in Smash, because granola bars have nuts sometimes.
Okay so it would be nuts to include Sylux even though MP4 was delayed

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Y'all aint ready for them to announce Google itself as a playable character.
Final smash is selling your data to advertisers.
No, actually, we're just getting a Google rep

More specifically, the T-Rex from that runner game you can play on Chrome when your internet's down

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This MTP guy hates Splatoon and Inklings, apparently. He also legitimately believes he is the embodiment of gaming, and that Splatoon is hentai.

3ee.jpg

Yeah, he's a nutcase.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Who is MTP?
His name is MarioTehPlumber, but admittedly I don't know much else other than that he has a reputation for being a toxic wackadoo and the whole
"hated Rosalina in Smash so much he tried to stockpile all her Amiibos just so no one else could have them" incident.

Someone else here could probably elaborate further. *glances at crowd*

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

His name is MarioTehPlumber, but admittedly I don't know much else other than that he has a reputation for being a toxic wackadoo and the whole
"hated Rosalina in Smash so much he tried to stockpile all her Amiibos just so no one else could have them" incident.

Oh, he’s that guy. Well, the more ya know.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Ohhhh yeah him.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
> Grinch leak pops up
Insiders: “Hey uh, that probably isn’t real. Incineroar is in the game, while several of those picks aren’t”
Fanbase: “HEY STFU YOU INSIDERS KNOW NOTHING. WE, THE SMASH FANBASE, KNOW ALL. THIS IS THE WHOLE ROSTER. NO WAY THEY DON’T ADD BANJO”

> Roster is revealed, lacking Mach Rider, Banjo, Geno, Shadow, Isaac, but adding Incineroar and Piranha Plant instead (Incineroar being one that insiders said to expect for literally months)

“Wow! I guess we were wrong and shouldn’t fall for everything that’s thrown at us”

>post-datamining, fans find a file that is titled “Brave” next to Joker, and information lines up with insiders who say they have heard that a Square Enix character in Smash. A few specifically say it’s Erdrick, and the idea that Square Enix wants to expose the series to the West makes it quite plausible.

> Conveniently after a text leak drops with Doomguy, Banjo, Artorias, and Ryu Hayabusa (a roster that conveniently adds characters people have less negative reactions to than with Steve and Erdrick) Google Ads start showing up. This clearly doesn’t include a Square Enix character, which has been said to be in the game by the same types of people who said the Grinch leak was fake.

Insiders/people who know this ****- “Hey uh, anyone can buy and manipulate ads depending on your search. Don’t you think it’s convenient that it only shows up for those characters and doesn’t line up with what other people have been saying?”

People who don’t listen and just speculate/accept things because it’s what they want: UH NO, LIKE **** YOU. I LOVE ARTORIAS. I’VE NEVER PLAYED DARK SOULS BUT HE’S TOTALLY IN THIS GAME, NO WAY THIS ONE IS FAKE. IT HAS BANJO. PAPAGENOS SAID IT’S REAL.

I love Smash speculation, because I love Smash. But sometimes the critical thinking level of the community is atrocious. It comes down to people only supporting what they want, bandwagoning off of leaks, and then being surprised when logical choices do get in and like, “WOAH NOBODY SAW THAT COMING”.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I love Smash speculation, because I love Smash. But sometimes the critical thinking level of the community is atrocious. It comes down to people only supporting what they want, bandwagoning off of leaks, and then being surprised when logical choices do get in and like, “WOAH NOBODY SAW THAT COMING”.
YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMIIIIII-*record scratch*

But seriously. Absolutely correct.

Top to bottom; read the whole post, just quoted the snip.

Also Noipoi Noipoi I'm bout to add another verse.

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Tbf the games take place in a very hot setting. That being said Rottytops is literally dead and her skin rotted away
Okay but that seems like more of an excuse to put every single girl character with a massive rack in a tiny shirt for nothing more than sexualization.
I'm not against fanservice of that nature but when it's so blatant that your characters designs are all specifically to appeal to a horny crowd of people then it kinda rubs me the wrong way

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
People who don’t listen and just speculate/accept things because it’s what they want: UH NO, LIKE **** YOU. I LOVE ARTORIAS. I’VE NEVER PLAYED DARK SOULS BUT HE’S TOTALLY IN THIS GAME, NO WAY THIS ONE IS FAKE. IT HAS BANJO. PAPAGENOS SAID IT’S REAL.
is anyone here actually doing this?

all i've seen here this morning is back and forth on "here's some interesting stuff, here's some reasons it could be fake, here's some other interesting things"

certainly nothing close to the level of sheer vitriol from the grinch days

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Imma bout to inject some Rem Amamiya blood into my veins like The Joker injected his blood into Batman

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

all i've seen here this morning is back and forth on "here's some interesting stuff, here's some reasons it could be fake, here's some other interesting things"

I think this rumors been dismissed or treated with a large amount of doubt pretty much everywhere

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So Detective Pikachu's Ryme City has this big emphasis on "partner pokemon". Everyone has a best friend or whatever.

Lemme ask this:

Who would your partner pokemon be.

No legendaries unless you're a god of something.
Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff was my first Pokemon card, first Pokemon in general, and first Shiny, so it's my favorite Pokemon. I still have that Pokemon card to this day, and it's in surprisingly good condition.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Idk about you guys, but today, I have to honor a very special person who's near and dear to my heart.

You know who else is a very special person who is near and dear to my heart?

Happy Mother's Day to you guy's moms, or to all the mothers out there, or something, yeah.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

He also has a secondary channel where he only posts hentai and he claims to have created the Grinch leak

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Reddit and 4chan, mostly. Twitter as well. Also Discord.

Basically everywhere but here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom