• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait are you joking or serious about this?

Because I have literally never heard of this but I'm also generally out of the loop on things and Crazy Rosalina Amiibo Guy attempting to orchestrate mass chaos in the fandom would be the single wildest plot twist ever
There actually is evidence he was the one behind the Grinch. Like, I can't even make this stuff up.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, MTP has a ton of disposable income, enough to buy a **** ton of Rosalina amiibo. He was likely the one behind the Grinch leak, would not put it pass him to do this too.
Imagine if MTP manages to fool the smash fanbase and cause mass disappointment twice, jeez.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
There actually is evidence he was the one behind the Grinch. Like, I can't even make this stuff up.
Oh my gosh.

Break it down for me, please. I want all the angles on this soap opera.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
How many did het buy?
Like, do we have a scope for how much money the guy has?
Reading an article right now.

Apparently, he spent like $4,000 on the Rosalina amiibo, and invested like $35,000 to do the same thing with the several other amiibo

Yeah... he's definitely got some cash

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Yeah, MTP has a ton of disposable income, enough to buy a **** ton of Rosalina amiibo. He was likely the one behind the Grinch leak, would not put it pass him to do this too.
Imagine if MTP manages to fool the smash fanbase and cause mass disappointment twice, jeez.
For what it’s worth he could see a return on the amiibo by reselling then. Not sure what grand plan the google ads could be a part of.

D

Deleted member

Oh my gosh.

Break it down for me, please. I want all the angles on this soap opera.
I can't remember everything, but the main stuff was that in his videos prior to the leak, he said something big would happen on October 24th, the exact day the Grinch leak showed up. In one of his videos during the debacle, he straight up showed the discord where the leak was originally posted before it went on to 4chan. The way the Chadondorf dude wrote was also very similar to how MTP likes to type. MTP even straight up claimed responsibility for the leak after the November direct,

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
For what it’s worth he could see a return on the amiibo by reselling then. Not sure what grand plan the google ads could be a part of.
I feel like you're disregarding the distinct possibility that he's just completely nutsy.

His whole stated modus operandi for buying that many Amiibo was so that no one else could have them, and he was already off kilter enough before then that people didn't really doubt he was serious.

I can't remember everything, but the main stuff was that in his videos prior to the leak, he said something big would happen on October 24th, the exact day the Grinch leak showed up. In one of his videos during the debacle, he straight up showed the discord where the leak was originally posted before it went on to 4chan. The way the Chadondorf dude wrote was also very similar to how MTP likes to type. MTP even straight up claimed responsibility for the leak after the November direct,
>Chadondorf

Wait I don't remember this part of the Grinch leak either oh WOW

This guy being an incel would actually both explain a lot and be fuel on the fire for him going to these kinds of lengths

D

Deleted member

Hey man, you telling me it's not worth it to spend hundreds just to make some people in the smash community mad? Sounds like a sound investment to me.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Hey man, you telling me it's not worth it to spend hundreds just to make some people in the smash community mad? Sounds like a sound investment to me.
rosalina amiibo guy reminds me of the dude who took a picture of his gilette razor he dropped in his toilet to protest an ad or something, but then he had to fish it out of his toilet after taking the picture

D

Deleted member

soulsborne smash music time?

soulsborne smash music time

i'll go with 11 because that seems to be the average number for third parties like bayo/joker

Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne (hey if P4/5 music can make it)
press f for demon's souls

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's not like you need to spend money to make some people in the Smash community angry.

Just make a character they don't like playable.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
It's not like you need to spend money to make some people in the Smash community angry.

Just make a character they don't like playable.
Uhm...

I see what youre going for but there are some glaring holes in this concept

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
MTP was a user here around the time of the Rosalina amiibo thing.

And yet him coming up again ana again makes it seem like he never left.

D

Deleted member

What is the Google leak?
If you search in specific characters alongside 'Smash Bros Ultimate' you get a specific ad for the fighter's pass that only shows up with Joker. There are only 4 other characters who cause the ad to show up:
Banjo
Doom Slayer
Ryu Hayabusa
Artorias

Some think it's Nintendo preplanning keywords and this is the fighter's pass roster, but some people think it's fake for a number of reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
If you search in specific characters alongside 'Smash Bros Ultimate' you get a specific ad for the fighter's pass that only shows up with Joker. There are only 4 other characters who cause the ad to show up:
Banjo
Doom Slayer
Ryu Hayabusa
Artorias

Some think it's Nintendo preplanning keywords and this is the fighter's pass roster, but some people think it's fake for a number of reasons.
It isn't working.
1557662673254.png

D

Deleted member

Jeez though, first the Grinch, now the Google. When we getting the Granola Bar Theory?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Not to mention anyone can buy an ad. After Grinch leak we should all be fully aware how insane people can be.

(Even if it was most like MTP, he is not the only insane person within the Smash community)

Thankfullly E3 is soon anyway and will give people an answer. Not a fan of people talking about the Google Leak for a month though!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Jeez though, first the Grinch, now the Google. When we getting the Granola Bar Theory?
When Sakurai puts a granola bar on a table behind him during a Direct

Clearly this will then mean we are getting Conker in Smash, because granola bars have nuts sometimes.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not to mention anyone can buy an ad. After Grinch leak we should all be fully aware how insane people can be.

(Even if it was most like MTP, he is not the only insane person within the Smash community)

Thankfullly E3 is soon anyway and will give people an answer. Not a fan of people talking about the Google Leak for a month though!
This is implying people learned after Sakurai said both versions of 4 would have the same roster and there were rumours people kept believing with version exclusive characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom