• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I still feel like I want a username change, but I have no clue if I should go through with it.

Uh, this one conflicts me, but let us see.

Yes.
If so change Jared for Predator. Just to keep the joke.

D

Deleted member

ProJared: I lost 100,000 subscribers in one day.

James Charles: Hold my beer.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You know what I think we could use? A Smashboards Wikia. A site forum I used to go to had it’s own Wikia. I think we should have one for here with articles on all the different users.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
What I got from reddit is that he's a very popular member of the beauty guru (makeup and cosmetics and the like) community whose toxic behavior has gotten called out by his friend, Tati Westbrook.

/u/speech-geek said:
TL;DW: Essentially, Tati is calling out James Charles on his toxic behaviors and how she and her husband literally helped him get where he is today.
How they helped him:
  • Her husband is involved in entertainment contracts and the industry. When he was just starting out, her husband took the time to go over his contract and was to get Charles a pay jump of $90 a video to $2500 a video in revenue.
  • She thought so much of him starting out at just 17 that she flew him to her wedding and paid for his hotel and let him do her makeup.
  • Every opportunity she got she promoted his discount code for Morphe (a cosmetics chain). This allowed James to earn bonus money via a percentage of sales of beauty products.
  • Tati heavily promoted his eyeshadow palette.
  • She gave him advice at literally all hours of the night, especially when other YouTube drama went down.
  • Tati owns a beauty vitamin company and asked James if he wanted to help promote the brand. She respected his wishes when he declined citing his young subscription base.
His toxic behavior:
  • As the money came in, he repeatedly was influenced and intoxicated by the “influencer” status that he gained.
  • One instance was that James Charles was invited to Tati’s birthday dinner and he talked explicitly about “sucking **** and ****” while her parents (and his) and childhood friends were at the table. Tati had to call everyone the next morning and apologize for his remarks.
  • That same dinner, he repeatedly was making sexual remarks and hitting on the straight waiter. When Tati called him out for it, he said “I’m a celebrity, I can do whatever I want”.
  • Despite rejecting her beauty vitamin promotion, Charles signed on with another company that was a direct rival, Sugar Bear. He promoted essentially the same product as Tati’s and cashed in other perks like Coachella tickets for him and his friends.
  • When confronted by Tati about this business betrayal, he shrugged it off and never gave her a formal explanation or apology.
  • Tati called out his parents, specifically his mother who helped to enable to his behavior.
  • Edit: From /u/leaf17 - “You forgot the most important part...she also affirmed a bunch of alleged drama about James using his money and celebrity to manipulate straight men sexually in his favor(multiple times), which is the most upsetting part of the video, aside from all the personal drama.”
  • Edit: From /u/PEDANTlC : “I think its also important to add the bit about how he's made a habit of trying to force straight people into being gay, going so far as to threaten to ruin or embarrass them because he has power over them.”
Edit: It looks like James Charles has released an apology video. In it he:
  • Apologizes to Tati and her husband and asks for forgiveness. He states that it’s true that her and her husband did a lot for his early career.
  • He states that he hopes to learn from this and grow.
  • Despite evidence to the contrary, he claims innocence from Coachella and the perks that he got.
  • James Charles also apologizes to how he talked so explicitly about sex, saying that he was unaware of the extent that it made people uncomfortable.
  • He ends by stating that his mom (who Tati called out for allowing James’ behavior to continue) was the most important person in his life.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
You know what I think we could use? A Smashboards Wikia? A site forum I used to go to had it’s own Wikia. I think we should have one for here with articles on all the different users.
I believe they had one for a bit, actually...

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
You know what I think we could use? A Smashboards Wikia. A site forum I used to go to had it’s own Wikia. I think we should have one for here with articles on all the different users.

I'll tell you by experience

It was awful

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That opens a lot of doors that would be uncomfortable for users. As shown when it happened before.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
What if we did one that wasn't complete ****.

Or maybe a small Discord, where we could just do whatever. I know Smashboards already has a Discord but like, something smaller and calmer.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Or maybe a small Discord, where we could just do whatever. I know Smashboards already has a Discord but like, something smaller and calmer.
I don't know what could be different than before...

Also I'm in a Discord of about 30 users. Wanna join Nate?

D

Deleted member

Doubt a wiki is a good idea actually, especially given the ease of edit if we want content updated frequently.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, I mentioned a Smashboards Wikia because I did not know we had one, let alone how bad it was, and the site forum I went to had a Wikia that didn't have much problems, despite how bad the site forum itself was.

But now I know.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The sad thing about not using the Wikia anymore, is that John Dylan Smith will never get his own page there if he doesn't have one already, not that it matters, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom