• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Ah yes, Lorentz, otherwise known as "The Reason I'm Not Going the Golden Deer Route First."

Doesn't help that he has a fairly major role as Claude's retainer.
Considering how the retainers were in Fates, I don't think it necessarily means he'll have a big role.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’ll need to watch Detective Pikachu eventually

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Unpopular opinion time.

I think that if a character has "strong relations with Nintendo" in terms of their series being almost exclusively on Nintendo platforms, I think that actually hurts them rather than helps them at this point.

Think about it. If the idea is to spread a customer base with DLC, and those games began on Nintendo consoles (as in, didn't already have a reputation for people to flock to the system for them), most of their fans from the start likely already had Nintendo consoles, because by extension they're Nintendo fans.

Compare that to a series with iconic characters that have been on several gaming consoles, and there's nearly no comparison in terms of iconic status, recognizability, and star power. (No offense to any fans of series like that, but it's simply a belief I have on DLC this time around).
mfw banjo is dead on arrival because all his smash demand stems from n64 fans

1557602114924.png

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not sure if it's an unpopular opinion, but I'm already missing Kozaki's art.

Yeah, Three Houses has less stupid design decisions compared to Fates, but most of the faces and hair looks super weird and artificial to me.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Banjo has his nuts and bolts design in smash to bring in the Xbox crowd
xbox players gonna flock to buying a switch once they find out the bear guy from that nuts and bolts game they played 11 years ago is in smash

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Considering how the retainers were in Fates, I don't think it necessarily means he'll have a big role.
That's true. However, this time around I'm thinking it'll be a bit different given the smaller cast size among the houses themselves (eight students per house) and the fact that they each only have one retainer as opposed to two.

Just my take, though. Namely because of Hubert, since he's being billed as almost the Soren to Edelgard's Ike.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
That's true. However, this time around I'm thinking it'll be a bit different given the smaller cast size among the houses themselves (eight students per house) and the fact that they each only have one retainer as opposed to two.

Just my take, though. Namely because of Hubert, since he's being billed as almost the Soren to Edelgard's Ike.
That makes sense. A small cast is actually one of my biggest fears for this game, since I'd like to be able to competently iron man it. I guess it will likely add more character depth though.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
So

Detective Pikachu

Where was Sudowoodo you ****ing hacks? 0/10 would not recommend

Nah, was good - nothing spectacular but was a fun ride with a lot of love for the franchise

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
if we were to get a third Street Fighter character, I'd love Sakura to be fair...
I know Chun Li would be next, but still.

Rather not have a third SF character for DLC though. Capcom has too many good IPs to go towards Street Fighter again.

D

Deleted member

if we were to get a third Street Fighter character, I'd love Sakura to be fair...
I know Chun Li would be next, but still.

Rather not have a third SF character for DLC though. Capcom has too many good IPs to go towards Street Fighter again.
My picks for new Capcom reps would be Dante, Jill or Chris, Wright and Sigma.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Not sure if it's an unpopular opinion, but I'm already missing Kozaki's art.

Yeah, Three Houses has less stupid design decisions compared to Fates, but most of the faces and hair looks super weird and artificial to me.
mobile game art:

1557602637813.png

new AAA title in development for 3 years:

1557602662527.png

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That makes sense. A small cast is actually one of my biggest fears for this game, since I'd like to be able to competently iron man it. I guess it will likely add more character depth though.
Honestly I'm almost certain there will be recruits outside of the school, never mind the houses. I think the house choice will just decide your starting party.

That and the teachers are almost certainly recruitable. They released the bio for Manuela today and her description said that in addition to being a professor, she's also a school nurse and an ex-songstress. I'd put money on her being the game's Dancer.

D

Deleted member

A Hat in Time's new DLC gives Hat Kid fully-voiced messages for multiplayer.

One of them is peck

peck.jpg

She's grown too powerful

No one can stop her now

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The worst thing about female Byleth's design is her fish face

everything else is fine
Honestly her face looks much better in the cutscenes. Not sure what went wrong with it in her art though.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
My problem with female Byleth's design is that her design does not give off the same personality as her male counterpart. They look like two different characters altogether when they're avatars and should look the same save for differences caused by gender. This is the case with Robin and Corrin, so why it isn't with Byleth is puzzling.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
"I think that the key to doing anything like that is to make sure that the other introductory movies are sensational. It’d be a dream to write something like Legend of Zelda, but before you can get to that Smash Bros stage you have to write the best damn version of The Legend of Zelda that you possibly can. And the same with Mario, the same with Kirby, the same with Star Fox. Avengers: Endgame is only as good as it is because we loved all of those characters individually, so when it came together it was just magic. And I think that’s how you have to approach the Smash Bros."
and with this, they've shown that they already understand cinematic universes a hundred times better than DC

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is the game out on Switch already?

Maybe I’ll pick it then, since I liked Yooka Laylee.
Unfortunately not. It's probably gonna get news next month at Nintendo's Direct, though.

I just hope that consoles will get Nyakuza Metro. GfB have been really weird when it comes to addressing that.

D

Deleted member

More power to you, then. I just can't see anything in her design that is that works better than her male counterpart and her outfit has way too many cuts.
You think that a potential art for her in FE Heroes could improve her look?

I’ll try to hope for that at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom