• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Welp.

Gonna have to redo the chart now.

View attachment 219000
Yo I'm just so happy this DLC is looking as good as it does.

I was so nervous I was gonna be as disappointed with it as I was with Seal the Deal, but everything I'm seeing about Nyakuza Metro and online multiplayer looks amazing. I'm gonna pick it up and play it ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

That's true. However, this time around I'm thinking it'll be a bit different given the smaller cast size among the houses themselves (eight students per house) and the fact that they each only have one retainer as opposed to two.

Just my take, though. Namely because of Hubert, since he's being billed as almost the Soren to Edelgard's Ike.
Smaller cast would definitely be a good thing considering that's what allowed the Sacred Stones cast to be so good.

Like, Fates handled it really badly. You had a ****ton of characters, way too many in fact but... you only had acces to a few in each route and even then a bunch of the units were the badly-handled children units so you end up with a large unbalaced cast yet few units to play around.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Actually yeah, I have a question I wanna pose to all the people who've watched Detective Pikachu.

How do you feel about the overall representation of various pokemon and regions? I was really content with the choices, but I'm sure others have different opinions.

If you want to go into specifics, spoiler tag please. I'm sure some still want to be surprised.
I thought the representation was pretty good overall. It's inevitable that Gen 1 mons are going to be front and centre as that's the generation that everybody remembers, but it's not like other generations were just brushed under the carpet. Even though there was only one Gen 4 Pokemon, it did play a central role in a key scene and wasn't just background filler. Speaking of Gen 4, I was genuinely surprised that there was no Lucario, though I suppose they might be saving them for a later film.

Wished we could have seen more of Ludicolo, but oh well - nice that random Pokemon like Loudred got a chance to shine, though. And Bulbasaur getting the most love out of all of the Gen 1 Starters' starting forms was great

Also understandable that there weren't any legendaries (in real life) other than Mewtwo, as that probably would've complicated things - you can't really give a legendary a bit part

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Goddammit Hunter, I had those images on standby for Mythra and Pyra as well.
Hehehehe, better luck next time brother, because guess what I made with the Pyra one?
bad panda.jpg

KASUMI OUTDATED.

MORGANA ACTIVATED.
El Morgana.gif
El Morgana.gif
El Morgana.gif
El Morgana.gif

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
and with this, they've shown that they already understand cinematic universes a hundred times better than DC
And that is why I hope they will succeed. Can you imagine a world where Marvels biggest competition when it comes to a cinematic universe is Nintendo?!

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Don't know much about a Hat in Time but I know nelward did some music for the DLC and he deserves more attention

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Lets be clear here

if your main issue with the design is the stocking and belly button out

you're on the wrong side

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah I'm not seeing anything about him being arrested.

D

Deleted member

Super Mario vs Donkey Kong: Dawn of Smash
That’s already a game.
A77AF464-A33E-4538-B648-7393294D20A3.jpeg

And a childhood one at that.
Being serious, Mario vs Donkey Kong could actually work as a movie if they don’t want to adapt the Donkey Kong arcade game.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I will say that I really hope I'm not like, actually disappointing people when I throw my opinions out there. First of all, you don't have to take what I say so seriously. I know a good number of you respect me because of my "essay posts", but I don't necessarily think you should see it as a "Welp, Scol said it isn't happening. Looks like I should give up now."

Secondly, the only reason I put those out there is so that basically, people think about their wants vs. REALLY WANT/EXPECT, because all too often I've seen folks saying, "X, Y, and Z" are totally happening.

Going forward, after Erdrick is released (I'm pretty sure it's going to be Erdrick, but I would never say he's 100% without seeing actual, like, ESRB leak footage), unless there's another datamine hint we're not going to have pretty much any ideas as to who is coming next.

I can sit here and say, "Hey guys, think about Resident Evil" as a fan of Smash and Resident Evil. But just because I say that I think it's pretty likely, it doesn't mean that you all have to agree or blindly follow. It just seems like conversation about Smash has been completely dampened because of leaks, and conversations of "this is happening, other stuff isn't". I don't want to post things that kill conversation necessarily, but I'm putting those ideas out here so that we at least consider them.

For example, this latest PapaGeno's leak (which, in all fairness I'm calling BS on) still has Doomguy in it, but has something different in terms of Dark Souls. All of a sudden, the internet is super supportive of Dark Souls. Guess what? vaanrose vaanrose had suggested the idea of Dark Souls in Smash (not leaked, that's different), and nobody took it seriously. Now, somebody creates a rumor and it explodes.

I'm actually, as I'm typing this, thinking about it...if Sakurai said that they were working on Fighters 2 and 3 at around the beginning, but not the other 2, should we find DLC leaks suspect in general? Like, when people leak the entire lineup. Knowing a tidbit is one thing, but I'm finding that these "leaks" are all similar in that they seem to latch to western characters that are in the spotlight, and then mix it up only a little.

Those leaks have rarely come true.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Not sure if it's an unpopular opinion, but I'm already missing Kozaki's art.

Yeah, Three Houses has less stupid design decisions compared to Fates, but most of the faces and hair looks super weird and artificial to me.
Im bias to this artist because she worked on Uta no Prince and I love that anime so Im already ok with the new art

minus FemMCs clothing but fix her clothing and weirdly spaced eyes up and she would be good

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I will say that I really hope I'm not like, actually disappointing people when I throw my opinions out there. First of all, you don't have to take what I say so seriously. I know a good number of you respect me because of my "essay posts", but I don't necessarily think you should see it as a "Welp, Scol said it isn't happening. Looks like I should give up now."

Secondly, the only reason I put those out there is so that basically, people think about their wants vs. REALLY WANT/EXPECT, because all too often I've seen folks saying, "X, Y, and Z" are totally happening.

Going forward, after Erdrick is released (I'm pretty sure it's going to be Erdrick, but I would never say he's 100% without seeing actual, like, ESRB leak footage), unless there's another datamine hint we're not going to have pretty much any ideas as to who is coming next.

I can sit here and say, "Hey guys, think about Resident Evil" as a fan of Smash and Resident Evil. But just because I say that I think it's pretty likely, it doesn't mean that you all have to agree or blindly follow. It just seems like conversation about Smash has been completely dampened because of leaks, and conversations of "this is happening, other stuff isn't". I don't want to post things that kill conversation necessarily, but I'm putting those ideas out here so that we at least consider them.

For example, this latest PapaGeno's leak (which, in all fairness I'm calling BS on) still has Doomguy in it, but has something different in terms of Dark Souls. All of a sudden, the internet is super supportive of Dark Souls. Guess what? vaanrose vaanrose had suggested the idea of Dark Souls in Smash (not leaked, that's different), and nobody took it seriously. Now, somebody creates a rumor and it explodes.

I'm actually, as I'm typing this, thinking about it...if Sakurai said that they were working on Fighters 2 and 3 at around the beginning, but not the other 2, should we find DLC leaks suspect in general? Like, when people leak the entire lineup. Knowing a tidbit is one thing, but I'm finding that these "leaks" are all similar in that they seem to latch to western characters that are in the spotlight, and then mix it up only a little.

Those leaks have rarely come true.
Yup, I agree with your point.

People sadly only get invested on the popular rumours most of the time.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
For example, this latest PapaGeno's leak (which, in all fairness I'm calling BS on) still has Doomguy in it, but has something different in terms of Dark Souls. All of a sudden, the internet is super supportive of Dark Souls. Guess what? vaanrose vaanrose vaanrose vaanrose had suggested the idea of Dark Souls in Smash (not leaked, that's different), and nobody took it seriously. Now, somebody creates a rumor and it explodes.
small thing, but while it wasn't super "mainstream", there was a good amount of support for Solaire on reddit prior to release, probably due to his amiibo and dark souls remastered

D

Deleted member

small thing, but while it wasn't super "mainstream", there was a good amount of support for Solaire on reddit prior to release, probably due to his amiibo and dark souls remastered
And that’s fine.
Supporting any character is good as long as you behave right with others regarding speculation.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
please, we only stan the finest of dark souls characters here

1557604701059.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom