• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I mean, there is evidence (AA7, the series' long history of being Nintendo exclusive outside of ports, etc), but it's all pretty circumstantial.

I still believe, though.
For what it's worth, while I'd be disappointed if Capcom's rep weren't from RE, AA would be my next pick. I'd probably get over it. Eventually.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I agree. Better than I hoped, great for fan service, okay as an overall film. I laughed a lot.

Best part was
how there were zero Weaviles. Get ****ed you ****ing devolution.
Okay but the lack of Noiverns was a sin

noivern-gif-8.gif

IT'S THE FIRST HALF OF MY NAME, DAMMIT

D

Deleted member

I mean, the only thing stopping this thread from moving is the lack of content coming from the people viewing it. I'd set up an arena or something but I still have things I need to get done.

What's everybody playing right now? If you're not playing something, do you plan on starting any specific games once the school year is over? Before the school year?

I just finished Resident Evil Revelations 1 last night, and am going to see Detective Pikachu tonight with friends. I don't know which game I would like to start next, because I still have a small handful to play. Tales of Vesperia and Assassin's Creed Odyssey are on the list. I also have Resident Evil 7, but I'm not sure if I want to play that myself or with friends so we can all be terrified.
Well I've already talked about Mega Man and Bass which I finished today. Probably gonna be replaying another one of the classic games because **** man I already started might as well keep going.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I mean, there is evidence (AA7, the series' long history of being Nintendo exclusive outside of ports, etc), but it's all pretty circumstantial.

I still believe, though.
i also believe we'll get the flood of old capcom costumes like megaman/monster hunter with a capcom fighter, like how tails/knuckles came back with joker

nintendo legacy hasn't exactly been a necessary feature for the bulk of third party DLC, but i still think AA should get first dibs on smash before RE for its pre-mobile exclusivity alone

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay but the lack of Noiverns was a sin

View attachment 218987

IT'S THE FIRST HALF OF MY NAME, DAMMIT
Actually yeah, I have a question I wanna pose to all the people who've watched Detective Pikachu.

How do you feel about the overall representation of various pokemon and regions? I was really content with the choices, but I'm sure others have different opinions.

If you want to go into specifics, spoiler tag please. I'm sure some still want to be surprised.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
what the **** am I then?
Oh, I thought you didn't consider me your friend. Nice to know you do. Add me on Discord and we can talk about it.
I agree. Better than I hoped, great for fan service, okay as an overall film. I laughed a lot.

Best part was
how there were zero Weaviles. Get ****ed you ****ing devolution.
Nah the best part was
the weed joke.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I mean, the only thing stopping this thread from moving is the lack of content coming from the people viewing it. I'd set up an arena or something but I still have things I need to get done.

What's everybody playing right now? If you're not playing something, do you plan on starting any specific games once the school year is over? Before the school year?

I just finished Resident Evil Revelations 1 last night, and am going to see Detective Pikachu tonight with friends. I don't know which game I would like to start next, because I still have a small handful to play. Tales of Vesperia and Assassin's Creed Odyssey are on the list. I also have Resident Evil 7, but I'm not sure if I want to play that myself or with friends so we can all be terrified.
Ultimate, so I can stop watching everybody else but me play.

rsz_3bab402180b62c6dddea500407c63347.jpg

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh, I thought you didn't consider me your friend. Nice to know you do. Add me on Discord and we can talk about it.

Nah the best part was
the weed joke.
If we're talking best jokes

it was the birth canal.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
tfw phoenix gets added and they turn the fragrance of dark coffee into a fast-paced banger like they did with beneath the mask

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
When I get Three Houses, my plan is simple.

1. Go Black Eagles
2. Train Caspar the Meme Man in Gauntlet combat
3. Train Caspar in Horsemanship
4. Punch people to death on horseback.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Actually yeah, I have a question I wanna pose to all the people who've watched Detective Pikachu.

How do you feel about the overall representation of various pokemon and regions? I was really content with the choices, but I'm sure others have different opinions.

If you want to go into specifics, spoiler tag please. I'm sure some still want to be surprised.
Obviously it was gen 1 heavy, but i'm okay with that. I understand that Kanto is the most iconic and I have no qualms with it getting the most exposure as long as other gens get some love too, and that's exactly what happened. I wish there were a little more Pokemon in general though, I swear the few gen 7 Pokemon were just quickly added into the movie.

Also the credits were incredible.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Time to open a super heated debate: Why the characters you like is a lock for Fighter Pass and why the ones you hate are leak bait?
Chill Penguin from Mega Man X is a lock. Let's look at the facts.

• Mega Man is a huge series, so a second character is very reasonable
  • The X subseries is quite popular and X9 is probably on the way, so the new rep coming from there makes sense.
  • Despite this, options are scarce. Zero is an AT, while X, Axl, and Sigma are spirits. Vile might be a viable choice, but Sakurai seems to hate anything to do with the color purple (see: Waluigi, Ridley).
  • That brings us to the generic Mavericks. Among them, Chill Penguin is the most popular by far (I do not need to provide statistics to back this up), and just so happens not to have a spirit. We also have very few Ice reps (Ice Climbers and mildly Lucas) so that's another pro.
  • The biggest reason, however, is to appeal to a new market (like Reggie said at TGA). Due to rising water levels, penguins are losing territory and might go extinct. Extinct. Ex-stink. Chill Penguin would appeal to a new demographic for smash: those that take Showers!

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

The choices for Pokemon inhabiting Rhyme city were very good in my opinion. My only complaint is the small amount of gen 4 Pokemon. I would say the same for gen 7, but I'll make an exception since they probably didn't have enough time to add more in. I like how we see repeating Pokemon in certain areas as well, just like real towns in Pokemon. in Rhyme City, you see Sneasle's, Aipoms, and Pancham's often, while trainer owned Pokemon, such as Gengar and Blastoise, you usually wouldn't see in towns.

If we're talking best jokes

it was the birth canal.
I completely forgot about that one. That was a good one.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Still on the fence with Three Houses, tbh.
I have worries but I'mma be real.

1) It can't be more disappointing than Fates, yet I still wear Azura as an icon.
2) I'm still gonna buy it day one and play it anyway so it doesn't matter anyway.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
BLACK EAGLES REPRESENT.
I legitimately like every single one of the Black Eagles as far as design. Dorothea's hat is admittedly anachronistic but the Jojo memes make up for it. Meanwhile the other houses have at least one design I'm not fond of (RIP Blue Lions since Dimitri himself I'm not crazy about lol).

Plus, the house is mostly magic focused. Edelgard gets axes and magic seemingly innately. That's too cool to pass up.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Why did they call it a Code Red when Mewtwo escaped?

If anything they should call it Red when he's caught.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I recently noticed something... When Arsene is active and Joker uses his nair, Aresene's hat clips through Joker, and a lot. I am curious how the team didn't notice this.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I legitimately like every single one of the Black Eagles as far as design. Dorothea's hat is admittedly anachronistic but the Jojo memes make up for it. Meanwhile the other houses have at least one design I'm not fond of (RIP Blue Lions since Dimitri himself I'm not crazy about lol).

Plus, the house is mostly magic focused. Edelgard gets axes and magic seemingly innately. That's too cool to pass up.
For some reason this made me think of Fire Emblem Three Houses design rating on x/10 scale. I blame Maximilian for that.

Yeah, I feel Edelgard is the stand out of the house captains partially because of that.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Unpopular opinion time.

I think that if a character has "strong relations with Nintendo" in terms of their series being almost exclusively on Nintendo platforms, I think that actually hurts them rather than helps them at this point.

Think about it. If the idea is to spread a customer base with DLC, and those games began on Nintendo consoles (as in, didn't already have a reputation for people to flock to the system for them), most of their fans from the start likely already had Nintendo consoles, because by extension they're Nintendo fans.

Compare that to a series with iconic characters that have been on several gaming consoles, and there's nearly no comparison in terms of iconic status, recognizability, and star power. (No offense to any fans of series like that, but it's simply a belief I have on DLC this time around).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom