• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Okay, just beat Mega Man and Bass, playing as Not-Shadow himself.
The game of course has a reputation of being one of the hardest Mega Man games overall, and certainly the hardest in the classic series, and don't get me wrong, it is a pretty goddamn hard game and 100% the hardest in the classic series. But I feel like the game is to an extent designed around Bass. I've only played 2 levels as Mega Man, but it's pretty obvious that Bass's way stronger mobility is a huge benefit for manoeuvring not only through levels but through bosses. The double jump allows you to be a lot riskier with your platforming cause you know you have an extra jump to get away from danger, and that's not even mentioning the dash which again makes it way easier to sneak in and out of danger. Meanwhile, Mega Man is the same as ever. You have to carefully consider every action you make cause there isn't a safety net. If you get hit mid air you're dead. I can definitely see where the game's reputation comes from when playing as Mega Man though, he seems like pretty much the hard mode.

On the levels themselves, there is definitely a lot of real cheap stuff, like Burner Man's stage with the instant kill fire that's pretty much guaranteed to take a life off you if you're playing blind. But the fact that the game is SUPER generous with lives helps mitigate that a bit, allows you to figure out what you have to do. The levels aren't super memorable or interesting, but there's some neat ideas in there like in Ground Man's stage where you have to strategically shoot totems in order to make the spikes rise a certain way (although the way that works is pretty hard to figure out). The King Stages can be pretty ridiculous, especially King II, but it never got so frustrating for me to the point where I gave up. Got close though, goddamn is it cruel to have to play through King Tank, Plane, and King himself if you get a game over to Jet King Robo, especially when there's no energy refill between King and Jet King Robo.

The bosses though, my god. Some are alright like Cold Man, and as hated as he is I sort of enjoy King Plane, but some are just really ehhhhh. Burner Man and Dynamo Man are the obvious examples. The former has a ton of attacks that can be very difficult to avoid and easily has one of the hardest weakness to exploit in the entire classic series. You can only pretty much only hit him with Cold Wall when he's using Burner Wave. Dynamo Man though, he's actually one of the easiest bosses in the game once you figure out his attack pattern, but it is so annoying to fight him when he can always just heal himself mid fight. It does nothing but needlessly prolong the fight and is pretty tiresome. On the weapons, they're pretty good. Some I found myself not using much like the Spread Drill, but a few like Remote Mine and Copy Vision were pretty useful and fun to mess around with. The game graphically is GREAT too, crazy how they manged to pull of such fluid animation on the SNES.

Overall, despite its difficulty, I had a fun time with this game. It's challenge made it all the more satisfying to beat and there are some great moments in there. It's just the sort of cheap stuff that annoys me. Bass is really fun to play as in general. Haven't played Mega Man 8 in a while, but depending on how I feel when I revisit that game, I can legit see myself enjoying Mega Man and Bass more. If you're a Mega Man fan who likes a challenge, I'd recommend this game, even if it isn't for everybody.

Side note, I do hope King returns in a future game. His design is really cool, he has the potential to be pretty interesting, and Mega Man's ending confirms he survives and has a change of heart. Come on Capcom, make it happen.
Sorry for the sudden wall of text, just wanted to get my thoughts on the game out.
On a semi related note, have to highlight this
Screenshot (55).png

Gotta love fan translations. Capcom, please, re release this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Okay, just beat Mega Man and Bass, playing as Not-Shadow himself.
The game of course has a reputation of bring one of the hardest Mega Man games overall, and certainly the hardest in the classic series, and don't get me wrong, it is a pretty goddamn hard game and 100% the hardest in the classic series. But I feel like the game is to an extent designed around Bass. I've only played 2 levels as Mega Man, but it's pretty obvious that Bass's way stronger mobility is a huge benefit for manoeuvring not only through levels but through bosses. The double jump allows you to be a lot riskier with your platforming cause you know you have an extra jump to get away from danger, and that's not even mentioning the dash which again makes it way easier to sneak in and out of danger. Meanwhile, Mega Man is the same as ever. You have to carefully consider every action you make cause there isn't a safety net. If you get hit mid air you're dead. I can definitely see where the game's reputation comes from when playing as Mega Man though, he seems like pretty much the hard mode.

On the levels themselves, there is definitely a lot of real cheap stuff, like Burner Man's stage with the instant kill fire that's pretty much guaranteed to take a life off you if you're playing blind. But the fact that the game is SUPER generous with lives helps mitigate that a bit, allows you to figure out what you have to do. The levels aren't super memorable or interesting, but there's some neat ideas in there like in Ground Man's stage where you have to strategically shoot totems in order to make the spikes rise a certain way (although the way that works is pretty hard to figure out). The King Stages can be pretty ridiculous, especially King II, but it never got so frustrating for me to the point where I gave up. Got close though, goddamn is it cruel to have to play through King Tank, Plane, and King himself if you get a game over to Jet King Robo, especially when there's no energy refill between King and Jet King Robo.

The bosses though, my god. Some are alright like Cold Man, and as hated as he is I sort of enjoy King Plane, but some are just really ehhhhh. Burner Man and Dynamo Man are the obvious examples. The former has a ton of attacks that can be very difficult to avoid and easily has one of the hardest weakness to exploit in the entire classic series. You can only pretty much only hit him with Cold Wall when he's using Burner Wave. Dynamo Man though, he's actually one of the easiest bosses in the game once you figure out his attack pattern, but it is so annoying to fight him when he can always just heal himself mid fight. It does nothing but needlessly prolong the fight and is pretty annoying. On the weapons, they're pretty good. Some I found myself not using much like the Spread Drill, but a few like Remote Mine and Copy Vision were pretty useful and fun to mess around with. The game graphically is GREAT too, crazy how they manged to pull of such fluid animation on the SNES.

Overall, despite its difficulty, I had a fun time with this game. It's challenge made it all the more satisfying to beat and there are some great moments in there. It's just the sort of cheap stuff that annoys me.Bass is really fun to play as in general. Haven't played Mega Man 8 in a while, but depending on how I feel when I revisit that game, I can legit see myself enjoying Mega Man and Bass more. If you're a Mega Man fan who likes a challenge, I'd recommend this game, even if it isn't for everybody.

Side note, I do hope King returns in a future game. His design is really cool, he has the potential to be pretty interesting, and Mega Man's ending confirms he survives and has a change of heart. Come on Capcom, make it happen.
Sorry for the sudden wall of text, just wanted to get my thoughts on the game out.
On a semi related note, have to highlight this
View attachment 218902
Gotta love fan translations. Capcom, please, re release this game.
You joined the site at first just to comment a specific topic no?

I think I remember you saying so when explaining your username.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, Bass debuted first by a good 6 years.

So if anything, Shadow is "Not-Bass"
'Anti hero/villain counterpart to the main blue boy who has a soft spot for certain things' is a trope as old as time.
Not sure when the swearing part came in though.

D

Deleted member

Megaman NT Warrior was my introduction to Megaman.

When I saw the classic design of the character for the first time (through the MvC wiki), you can guarantee I was confused.

D

Deleted member

You joined the site at first just to comment a specific topic no?

I think I remember you saying so when explaining your username.
Yeah, this was originally supposed to be a temporary account. I had one reason to join and then I would be done.
Evidently, I didn't put much thought into the name.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I have had the weirdest cold in history. This thing has kicked my ass more on the way out than while it was prominent.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh, and I'm only one day away from my first anniversary on this site :yoshi:
My site anniversary will be coming up next month.

Which, I believe, will either be the day after or the same day as Noipoi's site anniversary.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I originally joined the site just to make the wait for the then delayed September Direct a lot less tedious.

If it aired as originally planned, I either wouldn't be here right now, or I would've joined much later than I ultimately did...

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I wanted to remind people not to take my boi for granted when the game comes out. I half-succeeded :yoshi:
zinith watching the everyone is here trailer and not seeing yoshi until the very last second alongside luigi

1557578454159.png

D

Deleted member

I joined because I thought people were being assholes during the Grinch fiasco and I wanted to talk down to them from my position of mighty authority. Truly noble, I know.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I joined the site to donate the custom stock icons I had been making to Imadethistoseealeak's (now Pakky's) Newcomer Stock Icon thread.

And then I went to the main thread to actually socialize.
(...Is it really being social if I barely leave this thread, though?)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku I guess my reason isn't as interesting as the rest of the users here... :yoshi:
You do realize if you point out stuff like this, I'm less likely to like said post in the first place, right?

I'd rather not have people force me to like posts they want me to like.

It happened once before, and it wasn't pretty

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I joined because at some point I found one of the Smash 4 Social Threads and the utter insanity allured me to the point that I lurked in utter fascination for a while before proceeding to join the first chance I got. I've mostly just followed the crowd from social thread to social thread since then.

I don't know what it is about Smashboards social threads they're like the best place I've found on the internet. Caring community mixed with utter irreverence and legitimate insight total 10/10

You weirdos are great and don't you forget it

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I joined because I wanted to join another forum after the last one I was in ended in me making a total mess, which made me want to become a better user this time around.

That, and I love Smash Bros, and also because I wanted to improve my English.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I joined because I wanted to join another forum after the last one I was in ended in me making a total mess, which made me want to become a better user this time around.
Pretty much same here. Joined a Disney forum a while back and my horrible social skills made everyone misunderstand me and think I’m a ****.
Which I probably am

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I’m gonna plug this again

I’m pretty desperate at this point tbh
Please use the link in my signature to help me out. If you need the juicy details of my situation or want me to do something for you or something in exchange, PM me.

Please y’all. This is embarrassing for me to ask but I gotta. Thanks

Apologies in advance, but I will probably continue to be less active here today to try to keep my head in the right place.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
1. Ducktales just got more hyped than expected
2. I joined this place cause **** y’all

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I joined to thank the people in the Professor Layton support thread.

I was a lurker beforehand, I looked into almost every character support thread since I was addicted to SSB4 speculation. The the Layton support thread really caught my eye, the people there were super nice and they really sold me on this character I hadn’t even heard before.

So I bought the games and absolutely loved them, the people of that support thread introduced me to one of my all time favorite game series, so I made a post to thank the people in the thread and I stuck around after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom