• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So I was having a RareWare Nostalgia romp and, damn, I forgot how good the Soundtrack to Diddy Kong Racing was...
Especially Pirat Lagoon. I love that ****ing theme.
Pirat? Looks like you put the RAT in piRAT there, buddy. But yeah, Diddy Kong Racing’s soundtrack is awesome.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah it was probably unwise of me to try and ask for help here today haha
Wait, ask for help?

I've been gone half the day, what's up. Still need help?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Wait, ask for help?

I've been gone half the day, what's up. Still need help?
So on top of all the crap I’ve been dealing with irl, I got bloodwork back and found out I have a liver issue and really really high cholesterol levels for my age and combine with my OCD it’s slowly becoming a mental echo chamber of thinking I’m gonna have a heart attack alone in my apartment

Please guys
I really need help with lightening my load
You even liked the post, so on top of the stuff going on on this site and the stuff irl I just feel like people liked this post cause it was long or something and then ignored it

I feel like garbage through all of this.

I’ll talk to y’all later.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You even liked the post, so on top of the stuff going on on this site and the stuff irl I just feel like people liked this post cause it was long or something and then ignored it

I feel like garbage through all of this.

I’ll talk to y’all later.
I did not realize those were one and the same. I'm sorry.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
On a positive note, it's now way easier to keep up with.
Yup definitely. I dont mind slower at all.that said, this is a bit slower than i had in mind. It's late too tho.
speaking of which, gonna go to bed. gnight y'all. keep looking up to good times ;)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Warriors beat the Rockets today. Hoping the Sixers take game 7 for their match up.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Alright so seeing as the thread is dead...

Granblue Fantasy Versus adds this horn dude.
Game looks sick, as always.

goddammit arcsys please make an SMT fighting game.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The Warriors beat the Rockets today. Hoping the Sixers take game 7 for their match up.
>When you like the 76ers and Embiid
>But you wanna a full series of Giannis vs Kawhi
1557481211262.jpg
Well, ****. At least there's no LeBron now

D

Deleted member

Good night, everyone.
I am hearing great things about Detective Pikachu, I am so excited!

D

Deleted member

EVERY ERE

"The great history" huh?

Yeah, I guess Geno has had a great history.

He's got that appearance in SMRPG, that cameo in the original Superstar Saga, that Mii costume in Smash 4...

And then there's.... Um.... there's....

Bro chill no reason to call me out like that.

Well it's still true enough..

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Is Yankee considered an offensive term? Sounds stupid to ask but I've legitimately never been out of the south and that's what we call northerners so I legitimately wouldn't know lol.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Is Yankee considered an offensive term? Sounds stupid to ask but I've legitimately never been out of the south and that's what we call northerners so I legitimately wouldn't know lol.
Considering that "Yankee Doodle" is a famous song taught to Elementary school aged kids, I'd say it's probably safe.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
*siiiiiiigh*

See, instead of just comparing characters from the latest popular movie I break this down the logical way.

There's generally two types of time travel in fiction with some wonky exceptions, which I will refer to as Linear Time Travel and Parallel Time Travel. Linear Time Travel is what causes paradoxes and Butterfly Effect and stable time loops and all that stupid stuff and is what was referred to in the Splatfest dialog. Parallel Time Travel is only nominally time travel because it's actually just jumping to alternate timelines that are at other points in time on an otherwise nearly identical series of events and is how it works in Fire Emblem Awakening. Both of them have pros and cons but generally Linear Time Travel has too many cons to be worth it while Parallel Time Travel only really has an actual point beyond sightseeing if your current timeline is screwed up ten ways to Sunday.

Meanwhile the only real problem with teleportation is Telefrag, the danger of which to the user is directly proportionate to how cynical the setting is on a scale of Steven Universe to The Fly. Personally with the concept of teleportation brought up I'm going to headcanon that all the glowy lights you see around a lot of fictional teleports are a kind of repulsion field that prevents debris from overlapping into you, so that would be the Required Secondary Superpower necessary to make it at least mostly consequence free. Make a coin flip on whether or not someone ELSE could still be telefragged by you under those rules, that could end up either with a ton of regret on your part or be weaponized for vigilante justice if you're darkly creative. And of course you'd instantly regret a teleport to anyplace stupid like say, Venus. Or the Sun. Basically anywhere that would kill you before you could think to teleport back.

Overall I pick teleportation mostly because Linear Time Travel rules make my head hurt.
Linear time travel as a whole is incredibly stupid, and it bugs me that there are people who defend it as a literary device despite all the inconsistencies that come with it. As soon as you cleared up the sort of time travel they were referring to, I changed which team I'd play for. At least with teleportation, you can suspend your disbelief if you modify the rules a bit as you described it. But with linear time travel, that makes it a useless-useful spell due to the **** ton of consequences that come out of it, never mind the stable time-loop nonsense.

There's also the contradiction where you go back in time to change the past with intentions of modifying the Present, but now comes these two major "plot" holes:
  1. - Were you expected to make a change and does this change actually not do anything different to your time line? Was this the stable time-loop that was needed at the exact moment you chose to travel back to the past? Where you meant to be your own grandpa/grandma in order to stabilize time?

2. - Assuming your actions do change the Present, how do you still exist? The smallest most incremental changes should have caused you to stop existing in the first place. How are you still alive despite all the changes you made in the Past? At this point, this power becomes a case of IRL "plot "armor.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, it's the name of the most successful Baseball team in the MLB so I guess its ok.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Welp, stayed up late for the grind and beat RE: Revelations 1. It’s not a bad game. It’s not perfect though.

For example, while I enjoyed playing as Jill, and the weapons/over abundance of ammo don’t really bother me much because it just kinda...seems like a natural progression for the experienced characters, I thought the enemy designs were super generic and unexciting.

In terms of difficulty, it was real easy. I died only a few times throughout the entirety of the game, and even then it was because of minor mistakes.

I also got very annoyed by the one character, O’Brian. They make him seem like this huge mastermind but his rivalry with the other old white dude was just...like, I didn’t feel engaged with it. I just wanted to stop bioweapons being deployed, he was just annoying and cringey.

Otherwise, it was an enjoyable experience. I had fun shooting monsters and playing as Jill, so i’m satisfied.

staindgrey staindgrey

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Clearly the more obvious slur here is "macaroni."
By the way what the **** is that song even about?

I'm scared to ask because of some of the dark implications of other child rhymes...

Why is everything really cute also really dark? Looking at you, :kirby:.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yoshinators are made to satisfy a Yoshi's appetite (which... good luck with that), so it's dangerous for any human to eat them.

And not because it causes heart attacks, but because they literally make stomachs explode...

I come up with weird stuff :yoshi:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Welp, stayed up late for the grind and beat RE: Revelations 1. It’s not a bad game. It’s not perfect though.

For example, while I enjoyed playing as Jill, and the weapons/over abundance of ammo don’t really bother me much because it just kinda...seems like a natural progression for the experienced characters, I thought the enemy designs were super generic and unexciting.

In terms of difficulty, it was real easy. I died only a few times throughout the entirety of the game, and even then it was because of minor mistakes.

I also got very annoyed by the one character, O’Brian. They make him seem like this huge mastermind but his rivalry with the other old white dude was just...like, I didn’t feel engaged with it. I just wanted to stop bioweapons being deployed, he was just annoying and cringey.

Otherwise, it was an enjoyable experience. I had fun shooting monsters and playing as Jill, so i’m satisfied.

staindgrey staindgrey
Oh the game is hella cringey. RE is already a series known for bad dialogue and asinine plots, but Revelations takes the cake for the worst dialogue and most asinine plot.

Let me ask this because I forget if you shared: What console did you play it on?

As a 3DS game, I was much more satisfied with it than as an X360 game. It looks and feels better on the small screen, and the limited enemy design and animations aren't really a problem. Expectations are different. But as a home console game, it feels dated and undercooked, and suddenly the severe camp is much more jarring-- not to mention the bite sized chapters and constant "last time on" intermissions are no longer really necessary and just get annoying.

I'd say more but I'm kinda mentally taxed tonight. Always appreciate your thoughts on things, Mr. Jones.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
By the way what the **** is that song even about?

I'm scared to ask because of some of the dark implications of other child rhymes...

Why is everything really cute also really dark? Looking at you, :kirby:.
I think "macaroni" was also supposed to be slang for "fashionable" at the time the lyrics were written. If I recall correctly it was originally written by Brits to mock American colonists, but instead of getting offended they adopted the song and added to it in rebellion.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
yankee is obvs not a slur, but there's also a football team called the "redskins" so sports teams aren't a 100% accurate heuristic
Even in baseball there's an arguably worse one. The Cleveland Indians' logo is, like, so incredibly racist. And it's even literally red-skinned.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think "macaroni" was also supposed to be slang for "fashionable" at the time the lyrics were written. If I recall correctly it was originally written by Brits to mock American colonists, but instead of getting offended they adopted the song and added to it in rebellion.
After looking it up myself, apparently macaroni was the name of a kind of wig?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
After looking it up myself, apparently macaroni was the name of a kind of wig?
Well waddaya know, it looks the Wikipedia page on Yankee Doodle explains it.
The macaroni wig was an example of such Rococo dandy fashion, popular in elite circles in Western Europe and much mocked in the London press. The term macaroni was used to describe a fashionable man who dressed and spoke in an outlandishly affected and effeminate manner. The term pejoratively referred to a man who "exceeded the ordinary bounds of fashion"[10] in terms of clothes, fastidious eating, and gambling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom