• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I have him in my future Mario Kart roster:
Here's my dream Mario Kart Roster:

Mario(with Cappy)
Bowser
Peach
Luigi
Capt Toad
Toadette
Yoshi
Wario
Waluigi
Koopa
Dry Bones
Piranha Plant
Goomba
Boom Boom
Pom Pom
Pauline
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K Rool
King Boo
Bowser Jr
E Gadd
R.O.B
Link
Villager
Kirby
Meta Knight
Isabelle
King Dedede
Inking
Samus
Captain Falcon

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
anime intensifies.gif

>Be me
>Renegade Platinum Nuzlocke
>Catch Magikarp
>Heck yeah Gyarados time
>Evolve into Gyarados
>Gyarados dies in first fight
>pic related

D

Deleted member

View attachment 218878

>Be me
>Renegade Platinum Nuzlocke
>Catch Magikarp
>Heck yeah Gyarados time
>Evolve into Gyarados
>Gyarados dies in first fight
>pic related
Ah yes. You ever waste hours of your time promoting a unit in Fire Emblem only for them to immediately kick the bucket from a simple miscalculation? Rest in peace, Garcia.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ah yes. You ever waste hours of your time promoting a unit in Fire Emblem only for them to immediately kick the bucket from a simple miscalculation? Rest in peace, Garcia.
That's why you reload your save, unless youre playing one of the recent games.

D

Deleted member

I think Captain Falcon should pop up in random nintendo games as a cameo, if they don't wanna give him his own new game.

D

Deleted member

That's why you reload your save, unless youre playing one of the recent games.
I typically prefer playing Fire Emblem without reloading saves. Keeps the experience genuine and the strategy more hilarious.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I think Captain Falcon should pop up in random nintendo games as a cameo, if they don't wanna give him his own new game.
They should make a new Rhythm Heaven game and put in it a special remix that you unlock at the end, with Nintendo music and characters... Captain Falcon should replace Karate Joe in the remix... that, or Space Dance, and falcon-punch the other 3 people away.
A Donkey Kong clapping trio wouldn't be that bad too.

D

Deleted member

I would do that on a second playthrough or something. I dont like losing my allies :sadeyes:
Me neither lol.

It made for an interesting playthrough of Sacred Stones, though, where Eirika canonically died and I lost three people on one chapter beforehand.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The fact that a new Rayman may be announced at E3 makes me quite happy indeed.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
So with Harada's promotion at Namco it's entirely possible we will see the light of Xenosaga HD. Dont forget that he said he will make it happen one day and needed tons and tons of support from the fans beyond petitions. Now that he pretty much manages any original Namco IP... He should bug monolith soft and collaborate with them. Also, we will finally get KOS-MOS in smash so it's the best of both worlds if that happens.

D

Deleted member

Rayman would likely be infuriating to fight in Smash Bros due to his dumb hitbox

D

Deleted member

So I just got Poppi QT Pi in Xenoblade. It is officially the best and worst decision of my playthrough.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
In his mouth.

Describe to me how a Piranha Plant would look driving a bike.

There’s also considering Piranha Plant is an item too.
I don't know. How about two leaves like Petey Piranha did in the past?

Also not everything has to remain an item. Hell if they wanted Lakitu to be playable they'd replace him in regards to the countdown despite his iconic status as one :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Alright, so I said earlier that I would dive into why Dragon Quest is most likely the Square Enix series getting into Smash. This is regardless of the fact that there are fans of Bravely Default and other Square Enix series like Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You.

Basically, there are two major reasons why Dragon Quest is looking good for Smash characters.

1) It’s easily regarded as the #2 JRPG, between Final Fantasy, and the Tales series. I’m not putting Pokémon in there because it’s not quite the same. Dragon Quest has made somewhere around $50 million based on game sales alone. As it’s mostly based on Japanese profits, imagine what that could look like if the West took interest in it.

2) The evidence supporting Erdrick as “Brave” is more than some folks truly think. Not only are there translations that hint at Brave relating to the class of Erdrick, there’s also...well, this:
That picture in itself was surprising even to me. But it’s, like, blatant.
—-
Now, as I continue, I would like to clarify that I have no issue with a Bravely Default character, nor would I want folks to feel bad for wanting the character. However, wanting and expecting are two very different things.

Anyway, a few things to consider:

1) Like other 3rd party series that some folks would like to see in Smash (Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright, for example), these series simply don’t carry the same crossover power that series that have shown up on several consoles. Being on more than one console allows for more exposure, and this exposure means that there’s more potential for fans of the series that don’t have Smash to become more interested.

Considering those series largely came from the DS and 3DS, or basically Nintendo handhelds, the people who would be interested would likely already own Smash and a Switch.

2) It’s not as if Bravely Default sold poorly. It actually is reported to have done well, bringing in at least $1 million in sales worldwide. The sequel, Bravely Second: End Layer, also brought in a Good amount worldwide, at 700,000 copies sold. Bravely Second was also rated highly as a well made game.

This definitely should show that the Bravely series is a great series, and is a young one. Compare this, however, to the overall worth of Dragon Quest, at roughly $6 billion, including all different media, including manga, movies, etc. This puts Dragon Quest very similarly to Pokémon, in that it’s placed in a variety of media forms.

To continue, there is actually evidence to suggest that Square Enix would like to improve the acceptance of Dragon Quest in the West, as they haven’t succeeded in the past. According to this, Square has tried and failed previously to make it stick. With the recent Nintendo Direct that showed Dragon Quest XI S plenty of love, I wouldn’t be all that surprised to see it get added to the marketing machine that is Super Smash Bros. Sakurai has been given awards for assisting the Japanese gaming industry with growth and exposure. Adding Erdrick (and potentially the Luminary to the game as an alt) is an easy avenue to renewed exposure to the West, especially combined with a new game coming to the Switch, and would allow Dragon Quest another shot at the West.

When it comes to Dragon Quest, Dragon Quest III (which is the game Erdrick debuted in) is often highly regarded across the entire series, considered arguably the best game ever in Japan. This, and the other accolades that have been mentioned, do not quite line up with other lesser Square Enix series.

Finally, to end my case for now, I will simply cite leakers. We know that more than one leaker has been able to corroborate the fact that a Square Enix character is DLC for Smash. This isn’t information that only Vergeben has stated. What Vergeben has recently stated, is that it’s Erdrick specifically. While Vergeben has an overall rocky reputation, it shouldn’t be disregarded that he has mentioned this. It’s actually worth noting that i’ve just learned that Tansut, the user responsible for leaking Cloud just before his reveal, is now also evidently leaking Erdrick.

Long story short...Dragon Quest is leagues ahead of other Square Enix series. It has a gaming legacy for RPGs, has exposure across several consoles, and is a perfect candidate to be added to Smash to the benefit of Square Enix. The code name in the files can be tied to Erdrick, far more closely than saying “Sora has a Brave form!” Or “Bravely has Brave in it!”. More or less, I would be quite surprised to see any other Square Enix series get in over Dragon Quest and Erdrick!
Nice good read, like the ideas behind it. Cannot guarantee a DQ character is 100% in but liking the odds so far.
So with Harada's promotion at Namco it's entirely possible we will see the light of Xenosaga HD. Dont forget that he said he will make it happen one day and needed tons and tons of support from the fans beyond petitions. Now that he pretty much manages any original Namco IP... He should bug monolith soft and collaborate with them. Also, we will finally get KOS-MOS in smash so it's the best of both worlds if that happens.

Harada is delivering quite good results and is bringing back Namco to its top form at least with regards their fighting games. Wish Capcom can follow suit.

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
> Fire Emblem: Three Houses Japanese website updated recently
> looks nice, still have some interest in the game
> website has a "music ON/OFF" switch
> the music is a clean rip of the original main theme from E3 2018
> A.K.A., it's the good one
> realize it'll never be used

Play the sad music, lad.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I don't know. How about two leaves like Petey Piranha did in the past?

Also not everything has to remain an item. Hell if they wanted Lakitu to be playable they'd replace him in regards to the countdown despite his iconic status as one :yoshi:
Peter Pumpkin has a bit more human shape

Depending on how big he is, he’d either have to be tipped forward or his leaves would be stretched out. It could still work but I may have to see a drawing of this before I’m convinced.

Also Lakitu has been in both positions as of the last two games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeh. i still dont like perma-death at all :O
I think it works if the game works around it. Some games in the series just let you save every turn like the Tellius duology and FE 4. I think that should be followed more instead of the whole "restart the whole map" thing because people have **** to do in their time. I guess that's also why casual mode is a thing too.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think it works if the game works around it. Some games in the series just let you save every turn like the Tellius duology and FE 4. I think that should be followed more instead of the whole "restart the whole map" thing because people have **** to do in their time. I guess that's also why casual mode is a thing too.
Yup im glad they added casual mode for sure.
I think there could be an in-between where if someone gets ko'ed they can't return in the next battle. For all i know that exists somewhere. That could work too. I dont like losing permanently and i dont like reloading saves all the time ;p

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Peter Pumpkin has a bit more human shape

Depending on how big he is, he’d either have to be tipped forward or his leaves would be stretched out. It could still work but I may have to see a drawing of this before I’m convinced.

Also Lakitu has been in both positions as of the last two games.
But here's the thing. Petey has arms similar to the plant...

If that doesn't look as silly as Piranha Plant, I'd like to know why...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom