• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
In case people wanted to know how many Pokémon from each region are in Detective Pikachu...
Kanto: 29
Johto: 6
Hoenn: 4
Sinnoh: 1
Unova: 8
Kalos: 4
Alola: 2
I'm 100% convinced people just dont like Sinnoh. What bull ****.

But its alright.

Roberk

Smash Champion
In case people wanted to know how many Pokémon from each region are in Detective Pikachu...
Unova in 2nd place is quite surprising. And no Lucario to balance out Sinnoh and to for just being a fan favorite/marketing tool seems too odd, maybe he’ll be significant in a sequel.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Yeah once I realized how Dragon Quest has repeatedly dominated the charts in Japan and had such a lasting legacy, it makes sense why he is should be seriously considered for smash.

Also:
Like other 3rd party series that some folks would like to see in Smash (Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright, for example), these series simply don’t carry the same crossover power
OOOF, man was that directed at me? Dang, both my most wanted characters.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That’s impressive

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Dang... Is Torterra really the only Gen 4 Pokemon in the film? Wow...

I mean, it is my least favorite generation in terms of the Pokemon introduced and all, but still... at least show it a little bit of love

Here's hoping they fix that in the sequel

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yeah once I realized how Dragon Quest has repeatedly dominated the charts in Japan and had such a lasting legacy, it makes sense why he is should be seriously considered for smash.

Also:

OOOF, man was that directed at me? Dang, both my most wanted characters.
It wasn’t meant as a blow to anyone, my friend. It’s not like you should feel bad for wanting your favorite characters. It’s simply kinda...obvious there’s a huge difference between the characters is all.

It doesn’t mean they aren’t quality characters or games. Just different in rank and gaming legacy.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
shame about the lack about of Sinnoh pokemon. Let's hope another movie fixes that.

maybe have the antagonists be Dusknoir, a sort of corrupted Dialga, and Darkai? That would work really well.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Well, I beat Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright.

I know we have a lot of Fire Emblem fans in here like @Shishœ and Opossum Opossum and @Moydow

The run was Hard/Casual. Wanted to be challenged but didn't want to reset constantly.

So here's a tier list of how it went for me.

Corrin Tier:
Corrin - Hoshido Noble

Waifu Tier:
Scarlet - Wyvern Lord

You four are actually borked tier:
Ryoma - Swordmaster
Hinoka - Falcon Knight
Takumi - Sniper
Sakura - Priestess

This crazed woman won't stop critting things tier:
Setsuna - Sniper

These three just won't die tier:
Azama - Grand Master
Subaki - Kinshi Knight
Oboro -Spear Master

Very useful and frequently used tier:
Saizo - Mechanist
Kaze - Master Ninja
Felicia - Maid
Silas - Paladin
Hinata - Swordmaster
Hayato - Basara
Rinkah - Oni Cheiftan
Orochi - Onmyoji
Kaden - Nine-Tails
Kana -Hoshido Noble
Sophie - Great Knight
Selkie - Nine-Tails

Not bad, used a few times tier:
Kagero - Master Ninja
Hana - Sword Master
Dwyer - Strategist
Kiragi - Kinshi Knight
Asugi - Master Ninja

Didn't use this time but as a Mechanist, she saved my Conquest run many times tier:
Midori - Merchant

Lol, didn't use tier:
Everyone else

I like these characters for the most part. I think I like Conquest better but Birthright was fun too.

Not sure if I should play through Revelation. I really do like the idea of all the siblings living at the end...
As said multiple times before, Revelation is a mess when it comes to its gameplay and story. Sometimes the maps give some pretty unique set-ups, and other times it's just terrible. Without getting into specifics, some map gimmicks are too gimmicky for their own good and that means the gameplay becomes a general slog to go through. The character balance is also all over the place with some characters changing for the better, some staying the same, and some competing with Wendy for some of the worst units in all of Fire Emblem. So despite having everyone, it's not exactly easy to use everyone as the game's not very inviting and the gimmicks restrict them even further.

Story isn't much better, it does lack some of Conquest's most negative points so it's usually considered better, but it still carries over Fates' other problems such as the poor worldbuilding and terrible villains. It also has some of its own woes on top of that, which bog it down even further. With all that said, it's still a golden ending and if you like all of the siblings and the other characters then having access to all of them and their supports can still be gratifying in its own way, so if you're invested enough in the characters you can overlook those flaws and play it just for them.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
A hamburger for you guys!

View attachment 218851

A hamburger (short: burger) is a sandwich consisting of one or more cooked patties of ground meat, usually beef, placed inside a sliced bread roll or bun. The patty may be pan fried, grilled, or flame broiled. Hamburgers are often served with cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, bacon, or chiles; condiments such as ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, relish, or "special sauce"; and are frequently placed on sesame seed buns. A hamburger topped with cheese is called a cheeseburger.

The term "burger" can also be applied to the meat patty on its own, especially in the United Kingdom, where the term "patty" is rarely used, or the term can even refer simply to ground beef. Since the term hamburger usually implies beef, for clarity "burger" may be prefixed with the type of meat or meat substitute used, as in beef burger, turkey burger, bison burger, or veggie burger.

Hamburgers are sold at fast-food restaurants, diners, and specialty and high-end restaurants (where burgers may sell for several times the cost of a fast-food burger, but may be one of the cheaper options on the menu). There are many international and regional variations of the hamburger.
My favorite burger to make has Swiss cheese, baby spinach, bacon, pickles and BBQ sauce on a pretzel bun. Do you guys think that’s weird?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Wait a second:
What about the Dialga, Palkia, and Arceus in that dude's office? Or when Pikachu says "Thank Arceus"
deepfriedhmm.gif

D

Deleted member

Alright, so I said earlier that I would dive into why Dragon Quest is most likely the Square Enix series getting into Smash. This is regardless of the fact that there are fans of Bravely Default and other Square Enix series like Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You.

Basically, there are two major reasons why Dragon Quest is looking good for Smash characters.

1) It’s easily regarded as the #2 JRPG, between Final Fantasy, and the Tales series. I’m not putting Pokémon in there because it’s not quite the same. Dragon Quest has made somewhere around $50 million based on game sales alone. As it’s mostly based on Japanese profits, imagine what that could look like if the West took interest in it.

2) The evidence supporting Erdrick as “Brave” is more than some folks truly think. Not only are there translations that hint at Brave relating to the class of Erdrick, there’s also...well, this:
That picture in itself was surprising even to me. But it’s, like, blatant.
—-
Now, as I continue, I would like to clarify that I have no issue with a Bravely Default character, nor would I want folks to feel bad for wanting the character. However, wanting and expecting are two very different things.

Anyway, a few things to consider:

1) Like other 3rd party series that some folks would like to see in Smash (Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright, for example), these series simply don’t carry the same crossover power that series hat have shown up on several consoles. Being on more than one console allows for more exposure, and this exposure means that there’s more potential for fans of the series that don’t have Smash to become more interested.

Considering those series largely came from the DS and 3DS, or basically Nintendo handhelds, the people who would be interested would likely already own Smash and a Switch.

2) It’s not as if Bravely Default sold poorly. It actually is reported to have done well, bringing in at least $1 million in sales worldwide. The sequel, Bravely Second: End Layer, also brought in a Good amount worldwide, at 700,000 copies sold. Bravely Second was also rated highly as a well made game.

This definitely should show that the Bravely series is a great series, and is a young one. Compare this, however, to the overall worth of Dragon Quest, at roughly $6 billion, including all different media, including manga, movies, etc. This puts Dragon Quest very similarly to Pokémon, in that it’s placed in a variety of media forms.

To continue, there is actually evidence to suggest that Square Enix would like to improve the acceptance of Dragon Quest in the West, as they haven’t succeeded in the past. According to this, Square has tried and failed previously to make it stick. With the recent Nintendo Direct that showed Dragon Quest XI S plenty of love, I wouldn’t be all that surprised to see it get added to the marketing machine that is Super Smash Bros. Sakurai has been given awards for assisting the Japanese gaming industry with growth and exposure. Adding Erdrick (and potentially the Luminary to the game as an alt) is an easy avenue to renewed exposure to the West, especially combined with a new game coming to the Switch.

When it comes to Dragon Quest, Dragon Quest III (which is the game Erdrick debuted in) is often highly regarded across the entire series, considered arguably the best game ever in Japan. This, and the other accolades that have been mentioned, do not quite line up with other lesser Square Enix series.

Finally, to end my case for now, I will simply cite leakers. We know that more than one leaker has been able to corroborate the fact that a Square Enix character is DLC for Smash. This isn’t information that only Vergeben has stated. What Vergeben has recently stated, is that it’s Erdrick specifically. While Vergeben has an overall rocky reputation, it shouldn’t be disregarded that he has mentioned this. It’s actually worth noting that i’ve just learned that Tansut, the user responsible for leaking Cloud just before his reveal, is now also evidently leaking Erdrick.

Long story short...Dragon Quest is leagues ahead of other Square Enix series. It has a gaming legacy for RPGs, has exposure across several consoles, and is a perfect candidate to be added to Smash to the benefit of Square Enix. The code name in the files can be tied to Erdrick, far more closely than saying “Sora has a Brave form!” Or “Bravely has Brave in it!”. More or less, I would be quite surprised to see any other Square Enix series get in over Dragon Quest and Erdrick!
*Smiles in Slime*

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm waiting until Tuesday to go see Detective Pikachu, since that's my next day off.
Wait a second:
What about the Dialga, Palkia, and Arceus in that dude's office? Or when Pikachu says "Thank Arceus"
View attachment 218861
Those probably weren't counted because those were just statues, not the Pokemon themselves.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You ever look at a picture or a recording of yourself and think “yo wtf that’s me???”
Lots.

Pictures less so. I got mirrors and such. But my voice sounds horrifically alien to me in recordings, and although I know the mechanisms behind that I still haven't been able to shake it.

One of the big reasons I've stayed away from any kind of voice chat or other voice reveals on SB over the years.

The other being that I don't actually sound like Ryan Reynolds and you'll all call fraud.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly the next logical thing to do besides a sequel would be a mystery dungeon film that retells the first game or time/darkness/sky.

The visuals and story would be beautiful. Plus it lets you easily have talking Pokémon.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For the full list:

Kanto: Pikachu, Psyduck, Eevee, Flareon, Ditto, Mewtwo, Bulbasaur, Venusaur, Charmander, Charizard, Squirtle, Blastoise, Pidgeot, Rattata, Doduo, Dodrio, Gengar, Magikarp, Gyarados, Mr. Mime, Cubone, Lickitung, Growlithe, Arcanine, Graveler, Machamp, Snorlax, Kingler, Jigglypuff

Johto: Snubbull, Sneasel, Togepi, Totodile, Aipom, Octillery

Hoenn: Treecko, Loudred, Ludicolo, Slaking

Sinnoh: Torterra

Unova: Joltik, Rufflet, Braviary, Audino, Bouffalant, Golurk, Emolga, Purrloin

Kalos: Greninja, Pancham, Pangoro, Flabébé

Alola: Morelull, Comfey

D

Deleted member

>Imagine a quad weakness to one of the best attacking types
>Imagine being the only Sinnoh Pokémon in Detective Pikachu

this is so sad can we get Detective Pikachu to #1 in the Box Office?
The real tragedy is that Gen 4 had some of the coolest concepts for Pokemon designs. They also went back to add evolutions to Pokemon that originally had jack. Really, they need to go back to doing that instead of making mega evolutions.

Imagine a world without Magnezone and Weavile.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roberk

Smash Champion
>Sinnoh fans when there's literally only one Pokemon from the region
1557540205380.png

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
It wasn’t meant as a blow to anyone, my friend. It’s not like you should feel bad for wanting your favorite characters. It’s simply kinda...obvious there’s a huge difference between the characters is all.

It doesn’t mean they aren’t quality characters or games. Just different in rank and gaming legacy.
No I completely understand and I'm not accusing you of anything, sorry if it came across that way. The Professor Layton and Ace Attorney are definitely not in the same league as Dragon Quest. it's probably for the best that you mentioned my two most favorite characters, its a gut punch, but a sobering one.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Alright, so I said earlier that I would dive into why Dragon Quest is most likely the Square Enix series getting into Smash. This is regardless of the fact that there are fans of Bravely Default and other Square Enix series like Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You.

Basically, there are two major reasons why Dragon Quest is looking good for Smash characters.

1) It’s easily regarded as the #2 JRPG, between Final Fantasy, and the Tales series. I’m not putting Pokémon in there because it’s not quite the same. Dragon Quest has made somewhere around $50 million based on game sales alone. As it’s mostly based on Japanese profits, imagine what that could look like if the West took interest in it.

2) The evidence supporting Erdrick as “Brave” is more than some folks truly think. Not only are there translations that hint at Brave relating to the class of Erdrick, there’s also...well, this:
That picture in itself was surprising even to me. But it’s, like, blatant.
—-
Now, as I continue, I would like to clarify that I have no issue with a Bravely Default character, nor would I want folks to feel bad for wanting the character. However, wanting and expecting are two very different things.

Anyway, a few things to consider:

1) Like other 3rd party series that some folks would like to see in Smash (Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright, for example), these series simply don’t carry the same crossover power that series hat have shown up on several consoles. Being on more than one console allows for more exposure, and this exposure means that there’s more potential for fans of the series that don’t have Smash to become more interested.

Considering those series largely came from the DS and 3DS, or basically Nintendo handhelds, the people who would be interested would likely already own Smash and a Switch.

2) It’s not as if Bravely Default sold poorly. It actually is reported to have done well, bringing in at least $1 million in sales worldwide. The sequel, Bravely Second: End Layer, also brought in a Good amount worldwide, at 700,000 copies sold. Bravely Second was also rated highly as a well made game.

This definitely should show that the Bravely series is a great series, and is a young one. Compare this, however, to the overall worth of Dragon Quest, at roughly $6 billion, including all different media, including manga, movies, etc. This puts Dragon Quest very similarly to Pokémon, in that it’s placed in a variety of media forms.

To continue, there is actually evidence to suggest that Square Enix would like to improve the acceptance of Dragon Quest in the West, as they haven’t succeeded in the past. According to this, Square has tried and failed previously to make it stick. With the recent Nintendo Direct that showed Dragon Quest XI S plenty of love, I wouldn’t be all that surprised to see it get added to the marketing machine that is Super Smash Bros. Sakurai has been given awards for assisting the Japanese gaming industry with growth and exposure. Adding Erdrick (and potentially the Luminary to the game as an alt) is an easy avenue to renewed exposure to the West, especially combined with a new game coming to the Switch.

When it comes to Dragon Quest, Dragon Quest III (which is the game Erdrick debuted in) is often highly regarded across the entire series, considered arguably the best game ever in Japan. This, and the other accolades that have been mentioned, do not quite line up with other lesser Square Enix series.

Finally, to end my case for now, I will simply cite leakers. We know that more than one leaker has been able to corroborate the fact that a Square Enix character is DLC for Smash. This isn’t information that only Vergeben has stated. What Vergeben has recently stated, is that it’s Erdrick specifically. While Vergeben has an overall rocky reputation, it shouldn’t be disregarded that he has mentioned this. It’s actually worth noting that i’ve just learned that Tansut, the user responsible for leaking Cloud just before his reveal, is now also evidently leaking Erdrick.

Long story short...Dragon Quest is leagues ahead of other Square Enix series. It has a gaming legacy for RPGs, has exposure across several consoles, and is a perfect candidate to be added to Smash to the benefit of Square Enix. The code name in the files can be tied to Erdrick, far more closely than saying “Sora has a Brave form!” Or “Bravely has Brave in it!”. More or less, I would be quite surprised to see any other Square Enix series get in over Dragon Quest and Erdrick!
So Im guessing youre a dragon quest fan then :)

Glad to see more around, and that you found the support thread. And by the way, if you want to see any details about tansut or the other leaks i put most of what i found of it in the OP of the support thread, if ever you want to check it out.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So Im guessing youre a dragon quest fan then :)

Glad to see more around, and that you found the support thread. And by the way, if you want to see any details about tansut or the other leaks i put most i found of it in the OP of the support thread, if ever you want to check it out.
I’ll be completely honest. I have never in my entire life played a single Dragon Quest game. I own Dragon Quest XI, but have yet to play it.

Because of the new version coming out on Switch, i’ll be trading that copy in for the Switch version.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I’ll be completely honest. I have never in my entire life played a single Dragon Quest game. I own Dragon Quest XI, but have yet to play it.

Because of the new version coming out on Switch, i’ll be trading that copy in for the Switch version.
Oh. haha. Well, hope you enjoy one when you play it. It'll be a while before DQXI S comes out, but it looks to be a really good game. I havent played 11 yet so im waiting for the switch version too.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
For the full list:

Kanto: Pikachu, Psyduck, Eevee, Flareon, Ditto, Mewtwo, Bulbasaur, Venusaur, Charmander, Charizard, Squirtle, Blastoise, Pidgeot, Rattata, Doduo, Dodrio, Gengar, Magikarp, Gyarados, Mr. Mime, Cubone, Lickitung, Growlithe, Arcanine, Graveler, Machamp, Snorlax, Kingler, Jigglypuff

Johto: Snubbull, Sneasel, Togepi, Totodile, Aipom, Octillery

Hoenn: Treecko, Loudred, Ludicolo, Slaking

Sinnoh: Torterra

Unova: Joltik, Rufflet, Braviary, Audino, Bouffalant, Golurk, Emolga, Purrloin

Kalos: Greninja, Pancham, Pangoro, Flabébé

Alola: Morelull, Comfey
Imagine what Cynthia’s team (specifically her Platinum one) would look like in this movie. As well as her. I’ve been trying to think of actresses that could play her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom