• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Man, going back to Projared's old reviews, him cheating on his wife seems more and more obvious.

VafV0p3.jpg

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Well, I beat Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright.

I know we have a lot of Fire Emblem fans in here like @Shishœ and Opossum Opossum and @Moydow

The run was Hard/Casual. Wanted to be challenged but didn't want to reset constantly.

So here's a tier list of how it went for me.

Corrin Tier:
Corrin - Hoshido Noble

Waifu Tier:
Scarlet - Wyvern Lord

You four are actually borked tier:
Ryoma - Swordmaster
Hinoka - Falcon Knight
Takumi - Sniper
Sakura - Priestess

This crazed woman won't stop critting things tier:
Setsuna - Sniper

These three just won't die tier:
Azama - Grand Master
Subaki - Kinshi Knight
Oboro -Spear Master

Very useful and frequently used tier:
Saizo - Mechanist
Kaze - Master Ninja
Felicia - Maid
Silas - Paladin
Hinata - Swordmaster
Hayato - Basara
Rinkah - Oni Cheiftan
Orochi - Onmyoji
Kaden - Nine-Tails
Kana -Hoshido Noble
Sophie - Great Knight
Selkie - Nine-Tails

Not bad, used a few times tier:
Kagero - Master Ninja
Hana - Sword Master
Dwyer - Strategist
Kiragi - Kinshi Knight
Asugi - Master Ninja

Didn't use this time but as a Mechanist, she saved my Conquest run many times tier:
Midori - Merchant

Lol, didn't use tier:
Everyone else

I like these characters for the most part. I think I like Conquest better but Birthright was fun too.

Not sure if I should play through Revelation. I really do like the idea of all the siblings living at the end...
Revelation is all over the place both in gameplay and story. It won't be, like, a fulfilling end. But if you want to see those supports between all the royal siblings, I say go for it.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Revelation is all over the place both in gameplay and story. It won't be, like, a fulfilling end. But if you want to see those supports between all the royal siblings, I say go for it.
The only good thing about Revelations is the supports.

And that's okay.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I want to see how all of you would react if this thread got locked. :shyguy:
Judging by all those likes I get every time it happens, we could stand to do it more often. :drflip:

It is also the only time I can ever actually keep up with the pace of the thread. :079:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
at least Bandana Dee mattered before the anniversary game that brought everyone back.
Come on now. She's appeared in cameos and official anniversary art before.

If relevancy mattered, she wouldn't have created the positive uproar on her release date in Star Allies.

It doesnt matter in the end though. They're both cool characters.

But I like Adeleine more. So... ;p

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright, guess I’m gonna subject y’all to watching me watch E3 in my comfiest pajamas while eating ice cream.

It’s what the people want

D

Deleted member

Flapjack was such a well-made cartoon.
It was creepy and entertaining.

Last edited by a moderator:

Graizen

Smash Champion
User was warned for this post
A hamburger for you guys!

Humburguer-fit3.jpg

A hamburger (short: burger) is a sandwich consisting of one or more cooked patties of ground meat, usually beef, placed inside a sliced bread roll or bun. The patty may be pan fried, grilled, or flame broiled. Hamburgers are often served with cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, bacon, or chiles; condiments such as ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, relish, or "special sauce"; and are frequently placed on sesame seed buns. A hamburger topped with cheese is called a cheeseburger.

The term "burger" can also be applied to the meat patty on its own, especially in the United Kingdom, where the term "patty" is rarely used, or the term can even refer simply to ground beef. Since the term hamburger usually implies beef, for clarity "burger" may be prefixed with the type of meat or meat substitute used, as in beef burger, turkey burger, bison burger, or veggie burger.

Hamburgers are sold at fast-food restaurants, diners, and specialty and high-end restaurants (where burgers may sell for several times the cost of a fast-food burger, but may be one of the cheaper options on the menu). There are many international and regional variations of the hamburger.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

View attachment 218851

A hamburger (short: burger) is a sandwich consisting of one or more cooked patties of ground meat, usually beef, placed inside a sliced bread roll or bun. The patty may be pan fried, grilled, or flame broiled. Hamburgers are often served with cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, bacon, or chiles; condiments such as ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, relish, or "special sauce"; and are frequently placed on sesame seed buns. A hamburger topped with cheese is called a cheeseburger.

The term "burger" can also be applied to the meat patty on its own, especially in the United Kingdom, where the term "patty" is rarely used, or the term can even refer simply to ground beef. Since the term hamburger usually implies beef, for clarity "burger" may be prefixed with the type of meat or meat substitute used, as in beef burger, turkey burger, bison burger, or veggie burger.

Hamburgers are sold at fast-food restaurants, diners, and specialty and high-end restaurants (where burgers may sell for several times the cost of a fast-food burger, but may be one of the cheaper options on the menu). There are many international and regional variations of the hamburger.
The only education any child truly needs.

D

Deleted member

Well, I beat Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright.

I know we have a lot of Fire Emblem fans in here like @Shishœ and Opossum Opossum and @Moydow

The run was Hard/Casual. Wanted to be challenged but didn't want to reset constantly.

So here's a tier list of how it went for me.

Corrin Tier:
Corrin - Hoshido Noble

Waifu Tier:
Scarlet - Wyvern Lord

You four are actually borked tier:
Ryoma - Swordmaster
Hinoka - Falcon Knight
Takumi - Sniper
Sakura - Priestess

This crazed woman won't stop critting things tier:
Setsuna - Sniper

These three just won't die tier:
Azama - Grand Master
Subaki - Kinshi Knight
Oboro -Spear Master

Very useful and frequently used tier:
Saizo - Mechanist
Kaze - Master Ninja
Felicia - Maid
Silas - Paladin
Hinata - Swordmaster
Hayato - Basara
Rinkah - Oni Cheiftan
Orochi - Onmyoji
Kaden - Nine-Tails
Kana -Hoshido Noble
Sophie - Great Knight
Selkie - Nine-Tails

Not bad, used a few times tier:
Kagero - Master Ninja
Hana - Sword Master
Dwyer - Strategist
Kiragi - Kinshi Knight
Asugi - Master Ninja

Didn't use this time but as a Mechanist, she saved my Conquest run many times tier:
Midori - Merchant

Lol, didn't use tier:
Everyone else

I like these characters for the most part. I think I like Conquest better but Birthright was fun too.

Not sure if I should play through Revelation. I really do like the idea of all the siblings living at the end...
Revelation is...okay. The supports are fun, but the map designs are...questionable. If you like the characters and want to see what is basically the "canon" ending, I'd say still go for it. The fun supports will make it worth it, and if you like unit optimization and breaking things, having access to everyone makes for some fun balance breaking shenanigans with the 2nd gen units.

Also someone else who uses Selkie yeeeeessssss

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Alright, so I said earlier that I would dive into why Dragon Quest is most likely the Square Enix series getting into Smash. This is regardless of the fact that there are fans of Bravely Default and other Square Enix series like Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You.

Basically, there are two major reasons why Dragon Quest is looking good for Smash characters.

1) It’s easily regarded as the #2 JRPG, between Final Fantasy, and the Tales series. I’m not putting Pokémon in there because it’s not quite the same. Dragon Quest has made somewhere around $50 million based on game sales alone. As it’s mostly based on Japanese profits, imagine what that could look like if the West took interest in it.

2) The evidence supporting Erdrick as “Brave” is more than some folks truly think. Not only are there translations that hint at Brave relating to the class of Erdrick, there’s also...well, this:
9D74AF35-E1C7-454F-9284-2B027E13E7B7.jpeg
That picture in itself was surprising even to me. But it’s, like, blatant.
—-
Now, as I continue, I would like to clarify that I have no issue with a Bravely Default character, nor would I want folks to feel bad for wanting the character. However, wanting and expecting are two very different things.

Anyway, a few things to consider:

1) Like other 3rd party series that some folks would like to see in Smash (Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright, for example), these series simply don’t carry the same crossover power that series that have shown up on several consoles. Being on more than one console allows for more exposure, and this exposure means that there’s more potential for fans of the series that don’t have Smash to become more interested.

Considering those series largely came from the DS and 3DS, or basically Nintendo handhelds, the people who would be interested would likely already own Smash and a Switch.

2) It’s not as if Bravely Default sold poorly. It actually is reported to have done well, bringing in at least $1 million in sales worldwide. The sequel, Bravely Second: End Layer, also brought in a Good amount worldwide, at 700,000 copies sold. Bravely Second was also rated highly as a well made game.

This definitely should show that the Bravely series is a great series, and is a young one. Compare this, however, to the overall worth of Dragon Quest, at roughly $6 billion, including all different media, including manga, movies, etc. This puts Dragon Quest very similarly to Pokémon, in that it’s placed in a variety of media forms.

To continue, there is actually evidence to suggest that Square Enix would like to improve the acceptance of Dragon Quest in the West, as they haven’t succeeded in the past. According to this, Square has tried and failed previously to make it stick. With the recent Nintendo Direct that showed Dragon Quest XI S plenty of love, I wouldn’t be all that surprised to see it get added to the marketing machine that is Super Smash Bros. Sakurai has been given awards for assisting the Japanese gaming industry with growth and exposure. Adding Erdrick (and potentially the Luminary to the game as an alt) is an easy avenue to renewed exposure to the West, especially combined with a new game coming to the Switch, and would allow Dragon Quest another shot at the West.

When it comes to Dragon Quest, Dragon Quest III (which is the game Erdrick debuted in) is often highly regarded across the entire series, considered arguably the best game ever in Japan. This, and the other accolades that have been mentioned, do not quite line up with other lesser Square Enix series.

Finally, to end my case for now, I will simply cite leakers. We know that more than one leaker has been able to corroborate the fact that a Square Enix character is DLC for Smash. This isn’t information that only Vergeben has stated. What Vergeben has recently stated, is that it’s Erdrick specifically. While Vergeben has an overall rocky reputation, it shouldn’t be disregarded that he has mentioned this. It’s actually worth noting that i’ve just learned that Tansut, the user responsible for leaking Cloud just before his reveal, is now also evidently leaking Erdrick.

Long story short...Dragon Quest is leagues ahead of other Square Enix series. It has a gaming legacy for RPGs, has exposure across several consoles, and is a perfect candidate to be added to Smash to the benefit of Square Enix. The code name in the files can be tied to Erdrick, far more closely than saying “Sora has a Brave form!” Or “Bravely has Brave in it!”. More or less, I would be quite surprised to see any other Square Enix series get in over Dragon Quest and Erdrick!

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

View attachment 218851

You had to look up the definition for that? God, I don't want to live where you're at if you had to do that :yoshi:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In case people wanted to know how many Pokémon from each region are in Detective Pikachu...
Kanto: 29
Johto: 6
Hoenn: 4
Sinnoh: 1
Unova: 8
Kalos: 4
Alola: 2

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
In case people wanted to know how many Pokémon from each region are in Detective Pikachu...
Kanto: 29
Johto: 6
Hoenn: 4
Sinnoh: 1
Unova: 8
Kalos: 4
Alola: 2
What's this? Unova actually getting love?

I don't believe you.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

View attachment 218851

Graizen, I appreciate you, but I'd rather you go back to being the Agumon guy than the foodposting guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom