• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yeah, that half time show was probably the worst.

Appropriate for how ****ing boring this Super Bowl is...
Like the commentators have no help all they are doing is making jokes about how nobody can do anything and complementing the defense's

D

Deleted member

Speaking of what I said earlier, here's some of that soul-inducing whiplash I was talking about. Possible Mother 3 spoilers, if you know the context.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dude, you really, 'really' need to learn how to let things go.

When you start talking about something that gets you going, you just....don't stop.
im used to being enemy #1 of the night at this point

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm getting a lot of HTTYD trailers before videos.

I am beyond excited, I missed the early showing so I gotta wait for the 22nd. The anticipation is killing me.
How to Train Your Dragon is such an out of nowhere franchise. Like, I remember the first one releasing with almost no fanfare only to find out that it's probably one of the best animated features in recent memory. And now it's two sequels are just as well received and thus we have a blockbuster franchise. Wild.

Noipoi

Howdy!
How to Train Your Dragon is such an out of nowhere franchise. Like, I remember the first one releasing with almost no fanfare only to find out that it's probably one of the best animated features in recent memory. And now it's two sequels are just as well received and thus we have a blockbuster franchise. Wild.
It's gonna be sad to see the series end, but it's better this way.

Better an amazing ending than 17 terrible sequels.

D

Deleted member

Indeed.
Good things mostly need to end before they get bad.

The Simpsons is technically a good example of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

3-3 Lets go! We got points!!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I was there cheering him on omegalul
The worst part was that Claus and Hinawa was literally the final fights for him and not to mention basically the entire mode. Nintendo KNEW what they were doing.

First they'll just deconfirm Rex & Pyra, then they pull the "LUL hey, remember the ending of Mother 3?" card. What have I even done to them to deserve this.

BUT WHY ARE YOU ENCOURAGING THIS BEHAVIOR SHROOB, THIS IS NOT OKAY.

GRRRR.png

Iridium

Smash Hero
Indeed.
Good things mostly need to end before they get bad.

The Simpsons is technically a good example of that.
Futurama is probably one of the few exceptions to that, in terms of run length. Deservedly at that.

Today also made me realize how little interest I have in football nowadays. Genesis 6, anyone? Ultimate top 8 should have started by now.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The worst part was that Claus and Hinawa was literally the final fights for him and not to mention basically the entire mode. Nintendo KNEW what they were doing.

First they'll just deconfirm Rex & Pyra, then they pull the "LUL hey, remember the ending of Mother 3?" card. What have I even done to them to deserve this.

BUT WHY ARE YOU ENCOURAGING THIS BEHAVIOR SHROOB, THIS IS NOT OKAY.

View attachment 190115
Don'tcha get it? It's a hint to the Mother 3 translation that'll be announced at E3!

Roberk

Smash Champion

Damnit Super Bowl, seeing Spongebob on there was the most hype I've ever been in an NFL setting but then it was cut way too short. They didn't need to do the full song but what we got sucked.

I think I'd be more into the animated series if I hadn't read quite a few of the books, the movies and such really departed from them.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
People often say Smash is a celebration of games. I agree, but would you like the fighter's pass being based on the top 5 all-time franchises in terms of sales not already in the game?

Those being:

-Grand Theft Auto character
-Call of Duty character
-A The Sims character
-Steve
-Tetrimino/Assassin's Creed protag (for those who don't consider the former a character)

All represent a different kind of series and genre (Steve and Sims share the open world/sandbox vibe but it's vastly different). All obviously iconic...but would you buy this pass?
I'd be up for it. Trevor or Niko, Captain Price, a Sim, Steve, and Ezio? The Sim is a bit weird, but the rest are definitely worth the money.

D

Deleted member

End of Third Quarter 3-3 is the score this Whole day is making me sad

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know on Blue's Clues where Steve has to be pointed toward the clue as the children from the fourth wall yell that it's right in front of his face?

That's what the Erdrick stuff feels like. It's Erdrick, Steve. Look right in front of your face, Steve. No, not under the fridge, Steve.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
You know on Blue's Clues where Steve has to be pointed toward the clue as the children from the fourth wall yell that it's right in front of his face?

That's what the Erdrick stuff feels like. It's Erdrick, Steve. Look right in front of your face, Steve. No, not under the fridge, Steve.
Someone be a hero and make this video once Erdrick is shown.

Or before if you have the balls.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Slow game and the halftime show doing Hillenburg dirty? Glad I’m not watching even though my home team is playing.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Shinya Kumizaki was actually the Game Supervisor for the original Super Smash Bros., and he isn't for Ultimate.

The instagram post only proves the info we already knew; that "hero" in Japanese can translate to "brave" in English.

Seeing it being called a hint annoys for me some reason, maybe because of the extreme side of speculation that seems to turn things into 4D chess. Nothing against speculation in general, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now my only expectation for the Super bowl is that the first kicker will be named Super bowl Mvp

D

Deleted member

Here's my problem with the current status of talks of Dragon Quest x Smash. I don't mind the inclusion, but **** me, man. We've been japed so much for like the past year, not just in regards to Smash, but just being a Nintendo fan, so I don't know what can be taken for face value or not.

So if I say "I'll wait until I see it" it's not because I don't want them in, you all really don't understand how hard DQV music goes. It's because of being thrown left and right so much, I kinda just want the rollercoaster to stop. It's kinda like with the talks of Persona 5 Switch. We saw these talks happen when Cloud got revealed, and look what happened.

Oh, by the way, want something entertaining to watch that isn't football related?

OF COURSE YOU DO, NEW SCOTT THE WOZ BAYBEE.

Shroob

Sup?
I obviously don't think this is a hint 'at all'

But if Brave is Erdrick, it's going to be less of a "WHOA!" and more of a "Oh, finally" reveal to me.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So he was the Game Supervisor?

Oh my god
the original Super Smash Bros. supervisor, currently he doesn't work on Smash in anyway I don't think.

Either way I really don't see why people are freaking out about this as it gives nothing we didn't already know. I'm already seeing it being treated as a hint and it feels like the annoying, extreme side of speculation that turns everything into 4D chess and complicated theories.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Guys, this ain’t another “Isaac/Rathalos” tweet whether it references another game or not.

This is straight up a Monado/Shulk tier tease because the reference is from the game, and Kirby certainly doesn’t help.

Now, I could get Grinched again where I’m caught up in confirmation bias but I don’t know....I wouldn’t count it out just yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom