• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Boring is incredibly subjective though and it's my opinion that Geno and Sora would be expected and boring. They were all that was ever discussed as far as SE characters go before the list leaked so a character that doesn't have a cult in here gaining some sort of attention is a nice change of pace for me.
You know why? Because Sora and Geno have a global brand and want.

Erdrick and Dragon Quest is pleasing only one side of the world.

And therefore that is why it is BORING to a lot more people than Geno or Sora could ever be.

I guarantee you when Erdrick is revealed. It's going to be the biggest ''Oh." in internet history.

The other two? They'd break the internet. And for me that can NEVER be boring.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Even if the supervisor doesn’t work on Smash anymore, I wonder how legitimacy this would have if Sakurai tweeted it.
I'll be honest and say Sakurai posting the same thing would make me believe he could be hinting.

Kumizaki alone, however, - since he was only the supervisor for the original Smash Bros. - doesn't make this a hint.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Disagree. Sora has hula hoops galore. He'd be Cloud levels of breaking the internet.

Geno is a fan want and therefore simply can't be boring. Expected maybe. Boring? Never.

Dragon Quest being the grandfather of JRPG with strong ties to Nintendo? It'd still be pretty boring and expected even without leaks. That and here in the West it's basically ''Oh, okay. Whatever. Next fighter I guess" since it's not exactly lighting the world on fire.
and then there's bravely default

we exist

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Oh man, the Geno and Sora supporters are gonna freak.

Even if the supervisor doesn’t work on Smash anymore, I wonder how legitimacy this would have if Sakurai tweeted it.
It would make it more likely... obviously.

There is large difference between a person who isn’t involved in Smash Ultimate to post something like this, than the director of said game to it, since Sakurai also did something similar with the Monado and Shulk later got in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Isn't Brave's height currently listed to be about Toon Link/Mario in size? You'd think Sora would be a touch taller than that.
Nah mate, you're getting Kingdom Hearts 1 Sora to somehow also be of importance to the timeline. :dazwa:

D

Deleted member

Sora would be cool to see. He has a lot of crazy stuff to pull from.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sora is always kinda...hunched when he's in combat. I'd bet he'd be hunched over in Smash as well.

Shroob

Sup?
*Sips a very hot cup of coffee*

I've always believed that Spirits deconfirm so Geno has never been on my radar post release.

And that's my hot take of the night.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
medicine is still lost

i am really pissed rn

D

Deleted member

The Super Bowl is sealed.

I've always believed that Spirits deconfirm so Geno has never been on my radar post release.

Geno’s never been on my radar to begin with.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

-sips even giant hot fresh cup of tea-

Spirits are a stupid deconfirm method when you consider that multiple fighters have spirits that are them in different outfits and doing poses and thus story doesn't matter.

-takes another sip-

Spirits also mean **** for story or selection when you consider they're not even dead by the end of the World of Light story anyways and they all return to their body.

-last sip-

There is nothing Spirits say about DLC selection and that's the REAL hot take.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I...uh don't want to rain on anyone's parade but Geno wouldn't break the internet at all as most people have no idea who that even is or cares about him except for the hardcore Smash fandom. Even then he's not exactly universally liked or wanted within that group to begin with. He will be super hype to the people who want him but I can't really see him being a "breaks the internet" pick

I'm now imaging Sora hunched over like my grandpa.
This is generally Sora's battle stance. He lowers his body a fair bit
sora.png

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Spirits are a stupid deconfirm method when you consider that multiple fighters have spirits that are them in different outfits and doing poses and thus story doesn't matter.

-takes another sip-

Spirits also mean **** for story or selection when you consider they're not even dead by the end of the World of Light story anyways and they all return to their body.

-last sip-

The thing is, if Erdrick does get in and Geno doesn't? Then that kind of proves it.

The big thing will to see what happens with the Square rep, if Geno doesn't make it, in my mind at least, it'll prove that Spirits do indeed deconfirm.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Erdrick wouldn't be expected were it not for leaks. They're in the same boat as Incineroar was.
Sora or Geno would be expected and boring.
Yep, this is the hot take right here.

This is an easy hint towards Erdrick. If weren't for the previous leaks being as prevalent as they were we would be flipping our **** about how unexpected and good of a choice Erdrick would be.

Iridium

Smash Hero
If you want the best possible song for the Super Bowl:

And yes, this is the shortest song in existence.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I would be disappointed and let down if any spirit characters became DLC. Really hope everyone in the fighter's pass is completely new to the series.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I...uh don't want to rain on anyone's parade but Geno wouldn't break the internet at all as most people have no idea who that even is or cares about him except for the hardcore Smash fandom. Even then he's not exactly universally liked or wanted within that group to begin with. He will be super hype to the people who want him but I can't really see him being a "breaks the internet" pick
Take a gander online. Every other person you face is using the Geno avatar, Games Done Quick have the prizes for running Super Mario RPG were of him, the announcers couldn't shut up about putting him in Smash, etc, etc.

He comes up in ''want lists" on pretty much every major gaming website and blog.

He's not ''niche" anymore. He's not something that would go un-noticed if Nintendo and Square finally threw the ball in the court and added him.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
1516085029052.png

The Super Bowl is sealed.

Geno’s never been on my radar to begin with.
absolutely cursed

UH UH UH UH UH YOU'RE WRONG
IF IT WASN'T, THEN WHY DOES IT SAY KAPTAIN K. ROOL, HUH?

Yeah, get a load of this guy. He thinks the devs are trying to not get filenames and spirits confused or something.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

-takes another sip-

-last sip-

How the **** did you sip thrice is quick succession without scalding the roof of your mouth?

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Geno will cause massive hype and excitement among the Smash and Mario community but he’s by no means an Internet breaker.

Now Banjo on the other hand....

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The thing is, if Erdrick does get in and Geno doesn't? Then that kind of proves it.

The big thing will to see what happens with the Square rep, if Geno doesn't make it, in my mind at least, it'll prove that Spirits do indeed deconfirm.
Not really. Just because it's 3 for 3 doesn't mean we couldn't get Tails or Chun Li or any other number of massive gaming icon that already has a Spirit as the next fighter.

A PNG in a game is not gonna stop Sakurai and his team from adding a character and it's silly to think they would. Especially when they were picked away from the main team and content creators anyways.

I very much doubt this narrative that Sakurai personally told a separate team ''Don't use these guys." ever really happened.

How the **** did you sip thrice is quick succession without scalding the roof of your mouth?
I'm gay. We have the super power of handling a lot of scalding hot tea in rapid succession.

Yes. That's it.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Not really. Just because it's 3 for 3 doesn't mean we couldn't get Tails or Chun Li or any other number of massive gaming icon that already has a Spirit as the next fighter.

A PNG in a game is not gonna stop Sakurai and his team from adding a character and it's silly to think they would. Especially when they were picked away from the main team and content creators anyways.

I very much doubt this narrative that Sakurai personally told a separate team ''Don't use these guys." ever really happened.
So, theoretically, let's say by the end of the DLC cycle that none of the 6 DLC characters have spirits in game.

Then what?

Noipoi

Howdy!
that is not much support considering i cant find it at all
Have you tried retracing your steps? That could help. But Y'know what helps me find things? Not looking for them.

I know it sounds silly, but if I just don't think about it for a little while it always shows up. Maybe you could try it.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
You know why? Because Sora and Geno have a global brand and want.

Erdrick and Dragon Quest is pleasing only one side of the world.

And therefore that is why it is BORING to a lot more people than Geno or Sora could ever be.

I guarantee you when Erdrick is revealed. It's going to be the biggest ''Oh." in internet history.

The other two? They'd break the internet. And for me that can NEVER be boring.
I agree.

The only time a character has ever been “boring” upon reveal is when a character has been ultra leaked, like Smash 4 with Shulk, and Ken with Ultimate. But even then, they were still anticipated (at least for me).

Otherwise, no amount of discussion is going to be the same as seeing those two slashes making a familiar cross to unveil someone you’ve wanted to FINALLY show up. And this only gets better when they haven’t been leaked as much. It’s how Joker got the biggest reaction, and how Geno and Sora would too if the only thing we knew about was that SE was getting someone.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So, theoretically, let's say by the end of the DLC cycle that none of the 6 DLC characters have spirits in game.

Then what?
literally and theoretically impossible because fighter spirits

Have you tried retracing your steps? That could help. But Y'know what helps me find things? Not looking for them.

I know it sounds silly, but if I just don't think about it for a little while it always shows up. Maybe you could try it.
i cant exactly look for things when my eyes that need eye drops are too busy freaking out to look for eye drops

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Then what?
I think you're overthinking this. Lol. It comes across less as a theory of yours and more ''I have to be right about this."

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Geno will cause massive hype and excitement among the Smash and Mario community but he’s by no means an Internet breaker.

Adults aren't the only ones who play smash. I work at a kid's music school and literally almost every kid there plays smash.
It would be really unwise to not appeal to a huge part of their market. So I really doubt Banjo would be considered, let alone "break the internet".

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
View attachment 190123

absolutely cursed

UH UH UH UH UH YOU'RE WRONG
IF IT WASN'T, THEN WHY DOES IT SAY KAPTAIN K. ROOL, HUH?

Yeah, get a load of this guy. He thinks the devs are trying to not get filenames and spirits confused or something.
I would more believe that Spirits don't deconfirm if it was like Smash For and the whole DLC roster wasn't planned pre release. But since it was. Yeah, I think Spirits deconfirm. They could've easily said "Hey, we want to use Geno for DLC so let's not put him in as a spirit." And yet, he was there. Consolation prize if I've ever seen one.

As much as I love Banjo... still don't think he'll make a giant splash. A big one for sure but other than him being a Microsoft character legally he's always been a Nintendo character. One reason I really think Doom Slayer is happening is because, well, he shouldn't and yet, if he does get in, looking back on it, it would make perfect sense.

Shroob

Sup?
I think you're overthinking this. Lol. It comes across less as a theory of yours and more ''I have to be right about this."
I really don't 'have' to be right about anything, but if it gets to the point that we have... like, 4-5 DLC characters revealed and none of them have Spirits in the base game, then there's no real reason for me to believe that someone like Geno, Dixie, etc who have a Spirit already in the game would be DLC.

Especially if by then we see that every character barring Plant is 3rd party.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom