• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I swear this pic is giving me those Skull Kid pic flashbacks, but just on a different note. Even if it's Erdrick who gets in, I doubt that this is anything less than a coincidence. A very big one, considering how popular DQ is, so there's probably more reasons than Smash.

I mean, almost all of us would have seen this coming, right? I'll give this a month.

Shroob

Sup?
Is there anyone here who still doesn't think Brave means Erdrick?

I mean, I'm definitely not closing the door to discussion, but, Yuusha/Brave is pretty much synonymous with Dragon Quest.

D

Deleted member

If Erdrick does get confirmed, I hope Steve, Ryu Hayabusa, and Doomguy come with him like that one post said.
Granted, I’d have to rename myself to “Biggus Dongus” for two months, but I’d get Hayabusa and Doomguy damnit.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Guys, this ain’t another “Isaac/Rathalos” tweet whether it references another game or not.

This is straight up a Monado/Shulk tier tease right because the reference is from the game, and Kirby certainly doesn’t help.

Now, I could get Grinched again where I’m caught up in confirmation bias but I don’t know....I wouldn’t count it out just yet.
Kumizaki doesn't work on Smash, though.

Shroob

Sup?
isnt brave a class of warrior?

im getting golden sun reference fake hype here
It's the title of the Dragon Quest hero, most prominently being used to describe the one in 3, which happens to be Erdrick.

I think this means absolutely nothing, but if Brave = Erdrick... okay? Saw it coming.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Lol.

A supervisor of Smash wouldn't be allowed to tease Erdrick so openly like that without his job getting ****-canned.

Brave is most likely still Erdrick, but it's not because of this.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't know why seeing this being treated as a hint annoys me...maybe I'm getting tired of seeing things that look like what people would normally do, posting something they like or just sharing a cool pic...but because they're affiliated with the game in some form, even if they don't even work on the game anymore, everything they do is treated as a hint...and thus people continue with the ideas of 4D chess and very, very complicated theories...

Lol.

A supervisor of Smash wouldn't be allowed to tease Erdrick so openly like that without his job getting ****-canned.

Brave is most likely still Erdrick, but it's not because of this.
Not to mention he's not even working on Smash anymore.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It means Erdrick, but it can also mean other things.

It's a simultaneous thing, not just a one pick.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Man how much I still want to see the trailer revealing Erdrick to be an upclose shot of his upper face showing his hair and eyes making people think its Goku at first until panning out and showing Erdrick.

Definitely something Sakurai would do. :joyful:

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It means Erdrick, but it can also mean other things.

It's a simultaneous thing, not just a one pick.
I'm not opposed to the idea of Yuusha/Brave meaning something NOT related to Dragon Quest, but as someone who has at the very least a passing knowledge about the series and Dragon Quest references in other Japanese games, Yuusha/Brave is almost always a DQ reference.

I'd be more surprised if it wasn't Erdrick to be blunt, at this point this feels just like a "We're just waiting"

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Oh man, the Geno and Sora supporters are gonna freak.

Even if the supervisor doesn’t work on Smash anymore, I wonder how legitimacy this would have if Sakurai tweeted it.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion

I mean, I'm definitely not closing the door to discussion, but, Yuusha/Brave is pretty much synonymous with Dragon Quest.
I totally think it's Erdrick but people might be sleeping on a promotional Bravely Default rep to go with the new game the series is getting soon (all we know is that it's in development). Bravely Default gets bonus points because "Brave" for it is universal while Erdrick/DQ has to rely on "Brave" translating to "Yuusha" which is what it is actually known for. Again, I think it's Erdrick but I'm trying to see multiple perspectives.

D

Deleted member

I at least hope that there's gonna be a Season 2 or Misc DLC while unlikely at least Sakurai would likely be choosing the Characters in a hypothetical Season 2.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

It can mean Erdrick. It can also not mean Erdrick.

Brave limits the number of potential candidates, but it doesn't confirm that it's Erdrick.

I've been taking the skeptic role on Erdrick ever since his name started popping up and I likely will continue to do so until we get an actual reveal.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
As a Geno fan, some of them are already acting doom and gloom over the instagram post.

Even though it literally gave us nothing we didn't already know, and yes I got annoyed in there as well because it's being treated as a Smash DLC hint when the person who posted it has nothing to do with Smash other than supervising the first game, plus it's most-likely a translation thing and not someone who doesn't work on Smash knowing about the datamines and wanting to drop a hint because he's buds with Sakurai, with Sakurai allowing him to spoil DLC.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I only want it to not be Erdrick at this point because it's just so expected and boring.

I want Sakurai to be all ''***** you thought."

D

Deleted member

Even if the supervisor doesn’t on Smash anymore, I wonder how legitimacy this would have if Sakurai tweeted it.
I'm a huge Geno fan but I'm not gonna lie and say that this came as a Surprise cause it's kind of been obvious since December. I've gotten past Geno being in the Fighters pass so I'm just hoping for a Season 2/Misc DLC man.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I only want it to not be Erdrick at this point because it's just so expected and boring.

Erdrick wouldn't be expected were it not for leaks. They're in the same boat as Incineroar was.
Sora or Geno would be expected and boring.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i wont believe it until i see the actual footage of erdrick beating up mario or any concrete file data proving it is him

its how i dealt with the grinch leak and im still using it

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Erdrick wouldn't be expected were it not for leaks. They're in the same boat as Incineroar was.
Sora or Geno would be expected and boring.
Disagree. Sora has hula hoops galore. He'd be Cloud levels of breaking the internet.

Geno is a fan want and therefore simply can't be boring. Expected maybe. Boring? Never.

Dragon Quest being the grandfather of JRPG with strong ties to Nintendo? It'd still be pretty boring and expected even without leaks. That and here in the West it's basically ''Oh, okay. Whatever. Next fighter I guess" since it's not exactly lighting the world on fire.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I'm just waiting to see how the Square Enix Thread is gonna react to this.

But I ain't gonna be the one posting it there.

I totally think it's Erdrick but people might be sleeping on a promotional Bravely Default rep to go with the new game the series is getting soon (all we know is that it's in development). Bravely Default gets bonus points because "Brave" for it is universal while Erdrick/DQ has to rely on "Brave" translating to "Yuusha" which is what it is actually known for. Again, I think it's Erdrick but I'm trying to see multiple perspectives.
As someone who's advocated for a Brave Default rep since before the "leaked 7" list even came out, it's nice to see some people still consider the possibility.

I'm still keeping my expectations in check though.

D

Deleted member

In the end, if there was ever a Square rep, as much as we all love ****ting on Kingdom Hearts every now and then, how could it not be Sora? It's been such a crescendo for the last few years for Kingdom Hearts III, and while Dragon Quest has merits in it's own right, the difference is that Kingdom Hearts has a global clutch and had beyond-massive hype leading up to the most recent release for KHIII after 13 years.

I personally want Geno, but I would be welcome with Sora. I don't mind Erdrick. But if just looking at the general games atmosphere and with how Smash has become more and more of a celebration of gaming...

I dunno, something just doesn't sit right with Sora not being the Square rep and I don't know why.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Honestly I doubt that this means anything in regards to Erdrick being in or not. It's highly doubtful that if he were to be privy to the info that he would be allowed to just casually post something that obvious to hint for an upcoming character.

Aside from that a large chunk of his instagram photos are posted with Kirby somewhere in them. Whether Erdrick happens or not I think people are reading way too far into this picture.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
How bad will they freak?
One side of them will panic and call it quits and the other won’t believe it and will wait until official word or a Direct.

Come on man, most people wanted the same thing with the Grinch denying the Box Theory and look how that turned out.

We’re in this together, we’ve faced underwhelming reveals once, we’ll face it twice...maybe thrice or a fourth time depending on the newcomers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Disagree. Sora has hula hoops galore. He'd be Cloud levels of breaking the internet.

Geno is a fan want and therefore simply can't be boring. Expected maybe. Boring? Never.

Dragon Quest being the grandfather of JRPG with strong ties to Nintendo? It'd still be pretty boring and expected even without leaks. That and here in the West it's basically ''Oh, okay. Whatever. Next fighter I guess" since it's not exactly lighting the world on fire.
Boring is incredibly subjective though and it's my opinion that Geno and Sora would be expected and boring. They were all that was ever discussed as far as SE characters go before the list leaked so a character that doesn't have a cult in here gaining some sort of attention is a nice change of pace for me.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

People believe it could be Sora due to the stats and certain animations potentially hinting at it.

I don't buy it, but that's who people think brave could be.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I honestly really don't expect Geno to get in anymore. I felt his best chances were Base and now those chances are tarnished.

Shroob

Sup?
People believe it could be Sora due to the stats and certain animations potentially hinting at it.

I don't buy it, but that's who people think brave could be.
Isn't Brave's height currently listed to be about Toon Link/Mario in size? You'd think Sora would be a touch taller than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom