• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Also, wow.

That switch up from Sweet Victory to Sicko Mode might've been the worst "oh, **** you" moment of all time.

**** you, Super Bowl.

...well you must be playing.png

D

Deleted member

What happened?
Did they use “Sweet Victory” on the Super Bowl? Or trolled with it?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i can feel the 90s kid rage on nfl right now and i dont even wanna see what bonfire twitter is rn

What happened?
Did they use “Sweet Victory” on the Super Bowl? Or trolled with it?
google is your friend

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What happened?
Have you ever considered that the entire span of you asking on this thread can be better spent googling it as it is literally updating by the second with information as a search engine?

D

Deleted member

Have you ever considered that the entire span of you asking on this thread can be better spent googling it as it is literally updating by the second with information as a search engine?
I did not even know that it was the Super Bowl 5 minutes ago?
How could I search something I wasn’t aware of at all!?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

There've been few moments that gave me soul-inducing whiplash. Vinny playing as green Meta Ridley during the Hinawa spirit battle? Yeah. The Rex mii costume reveal? Yeah.

But that switch up was on another level because people petitioned it as a tribute, and this was completely tone-deaf. People already have to deal with seeing Tom Brady's face for the past 1,000 years in this damn event, but this?

I mean... At least we can all agree on this.

D

Deleted member

Yeah what they did was total BS Instead of Paying respects to the Creator of Spongebob which millions enjoyed and grew up with they instead decide to play some random stupid song. Seriously not cool.

D

Deleted member

Yup, it seems like the Super Bowl trolled everyone with “Sweet Victory” in an awful way.
And now I am mad because someone insulted my intelligence over that stupid thing.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’m from Spain.
You didn't say you didn't know what the Super Bowl was, you only said you didn't know it was the Super Bowl being referenced, which is infeasible concluding that you had to at least read the post you quoted.

Your ethnicity ain't anything here, chief.

Yup, it seems like the Super Bowl trolled everyone with “Sweet Victory” in an awful way.
And now I am mad because someone insulted my intelligence me over that stupid thing.
1. i never insulted your intelligence, illiteracy is anything being dumb or smart if you ask me
2. im right here dude
3. sorry???

they instead decide to play some random stupid song.
And I bet you have no idea how big a hit Sicko Mode was.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You didn't say you didn't know what the Super Bowl was, you only said you didn't know it was the Super Bowl being referenced, which is infeasible concluding that you had to at least read the post you quoted.

Your ethnicity ain't anything here, chief.

And I bet you have no idea how big a hit Sicko Mode was.
Dude I didn't mean it was literally some random song since I guess it was popular but Compared to paying tribute to a guy who made a show quite a few millions of people grew up with it could be considered as such.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Bella Goth WooHoos Her Way In!

Honestly, it's totally ridiculous, and I'd go for that. GTA and CoD don't do anything for me, and I recognize Steve's impact even if I think Minecraft has **** visuals. Tetris should have been a stage since we got those baller remixes in Brawl.

Now if you're also offering Ezio, I'm listening.
Kind of stunned Tetris is the one with the best reception from that list haha. I guess CoD's choice is a little bland compared to other potential FPS characters. Steve's been discussed to mixed reception, and GTA would be a very unorthodox choice but I think most people would find it hilarious/amazing if it were to be revealed.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Delete this too.
Gonna talk anyway.

The scene looks reanimated although it was pretty weird looking.
and calm down with beating yourself up, that comment was hyperbole

Dude I didn't mean it was literally some random song since I guess it was popular but Compared to paying tribute to a guy who made a show quite a few millions of people grew up with it could be considered as such.
Yeah it was cheap, but Sicko Mode was definitely half-time tier.

just not at that time at the half-time

D

Deleted member

If they had the option to play Sweet Victory, they should have directly done so. Trolling the viewers was probably awful, since people wanted to see the song as a tribute for Hillenburg.

As the ****ing illiterate, I agree that the Super Bowl did dirty to him.

D

Deleted member

I'll I gotta say is

I don't think the NFL played the right version of Sicko Mode.

here's the right version

ACAI GANG RISE UP

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
dont make me flex on y'all

Honestly. This is who would be the GTA rep if they ever dared. He's the only GTA hero who has become as big as Trevor has.

CJ, Claude, Niko and whatever? They don't hold half the star power Trevor has.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm getting a lot of HTTYD trailers before videos.

I am beyond excited, I missed the early showing so I gotta wait for the 22nd. The anticipation is killing me.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yeah, that half time show was probably the worst.

Appropriate for how ****ing boring this Super Bowl is...

D

Deleted member

I'm getting a lot of HTTYD trailers before videos.

I am beyond excited, I missed the early showing so I gotta wait for the 22nd. The anticipation is killing me.
I really want to watch that movie too, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom