• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Do you guys even imagine how Big Smash will be

With Minecraft and Dragon Quest together with Mario?

Shroob

Sup?
Bro , this can't be a coincidence.
Im sorry.

He post a Picture of Erdrick Shield , together with a Kirby
He worked in Smash and is friends with Sakurai
Calls the Shield "Brave Shield" in english
At the same time we have a "Brave" character discovered inside Smash files

Think about this
"Brave" is how Erdrick's title is translated from Japanese to English.

Sure, it 'could' be something, but Japan also just ****ing loves Dragon Quest.

I'm pretty sure like, 95% of the community expects Erdrick to be Brave at this point, so like, if it is?

*Shocked Pikachu*

Iridium

Smash Hero
Im sorry.

Think about this
I won't lie, this reminds me of that Skull Kid Instagram pic incident from months ago, whether this leads to something or not. This could be based on the translation of the Shield of Heroes, or Erdrick's Shield, Erdrick himself, or just be a big coincidence, which is more likely.

I would actually love to be wrong, though.

D

Deleted member

What if the overworld in the new Pokémon game worked similar to Dragon Quest’s?

Basically: you can see which Pokémon are present on the wild and they either chase you or run from you depending of the creature. The map would of course be more open thanks to the Dragon Quest take.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

Basically: you can see which Pokémon are present on the wild and they either chase you or run from you depending of the creature. The map would of course be more open thanks to the Dragon Quest take.
I hope so. They already did it in Pokemon Let's Go, so there's a chance.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Pokemon in the overworld is the only thing from Let's Go I want to return.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Pokemon in the overworld is the only thing from Let's Go I want to return.
I would like that and pokemon following/riding again. All the secret moves being their own thing not tied to a specific item or move was neat as well

Speaking of Poison type, Ivysaur should use a Poison-type move in Smash Bros, or a Poison type Pokemon should be introduced.
Its attacks would be like Olimar's, gradually dealing damage.
Hello sir or madam may I interest you in Salazzle? It poisons. It attracs. It knows what it wants and what you want. Support your local Salazzle today.
salazzle2.png

This message brought to you by the totally not in love with the lizard fanclub.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

That's the one thing from DQ/Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee that I do want to see.

It would definitely give players a greater sense of immersion when exploring the Pokemon world.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I would like that and pokemon following/riding again. All the secret moves being their own thing not tied to a specific item or move was neat as well
Following originated in Yellow, so I don't count it as a Let's Go feature. I do want that too return too, though.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Oh, we talkin' Pokemon regions?

I want Sweden. No in depth reasoning, I just want it.
Yes! I’d love a Scandinavian themed region and Pokémon based off of notable creatures from Norse mythology like Sleipnir and Jormungandr.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

So Pokemon Let's Go, then.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Oh yeah, I added my friend code to my profile, so feel free to add me if you want to.

SW 8231-8239-3130

I'm probably gonna get a 3-month online subscription after my free trial is done, so it'll cover me until my finals studying period.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Im sorry.

Think about this
the post had Japanese characters as well, and it's more-likely a translation thing because:

the shield would be called "The Hero's Shield" as brave and hero are similar in Japanese, and (from what I know so correct me if I'm wrong) all of the DQ heroes are simply called "Hero" except Erdrick himself.

Someone on the Reddit post did find that specific shield to be Erdrick's, though.

However, just because he's a friend of Sakurai and used to work with Smash doesn't mean he's gonna drop a hint; that's like saying we should treat his other, similar posts as hints.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I just had the thought of Little Mac's Rising Uppercut functionally acting like a Bullet Bill, complete with the distance and power, and keeping the properties. Someone help me.

Yes! I’d love a Scandinavian themed region and Pokémon based off of notable creatures from Norse mythology like Sleipnir and Jormungandr.
True...

I want to see Hræsvelgr and Veðrfölnir (with the eagle or not, but probably with) as well. Good thinking, there. Actually, add Ratatoskr, Níðhöggr and even Yggdrasil itself for more.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Hell yeah I’d take an eight-legged horse Pokémon! I’ll only take one based of Jormungandr if its pre-evolution is based off these guys:
44949005-3132-4E44-BEF0-206E81E1331C.jpeg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So Pokemon Let's Go, then.
No.
The world would be more open, and it would be more difficult to either touch a Pokémon or hard to run from one.
A35BA7C5-01B0-48C3-8D47-05EBBB171E79.jpeg
51EDC0BF-D3A8-4370-B5FC-16F0793F5B19.jpeg

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
People often say Smash is a celebration of games. I agree, but would you like the fighter's pass being based on the top 5 all-time franchises in terms of sales not already in the game?

Those being:

-Grand Theft Auto character
-Call of Duty character
-A The Sims character
-Steve
-Tetrimino/Assassin's Creed protag (for those who don't consider the former a character)

All represent a different kind of series and genre (Steve and Sims share the open world/sandbox vibe but it's vastly different). All obviously iconic...but would you buy this pass?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

People often say Smash is a celebration of games. I agree, but would you like the fighter's pass being based on the top 5 all-time franchises in terms of sales not already in the game?

Those being:

-Call of Duty character
-A The Sims character
-Steve
-Tetrimino/Assasin's Creed protag (for those who don't consider the former a character)

All represent a different kind of series and genre (Steve and Sims share the open world/sandbox vibe but it's vastly different). All obviously iconic...but would you buy this pass?
Tetromino would be sweet and Steve too.

D

Deleted member

Those being:

-Call of Duty character
-A The Sims character
-Steve
-Tetrimino/Assasin's Creed protag (for those who don't consider the former a character)

I would only buy a Tetrimino just out of sheer hilarity otherwise no. I definitely would not.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Starting tomorrow, I won't be as active here because of school. I still plan on dropping by whenever I get the chance to.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
One thing that I'm always interested in when a new Pokemon generation rolls around is the design of the Legendary/Mythical Pokemon.

I'm a big fan of Legendary/Mythical Pokemon, so their design makes a big impression on how much I'm hyped for the upcoming generation.

Honestly, if I don't like the legends too much, I might just hold off on getting that Pokemon game, unless they deliver in other departments.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Those being:

-Call of Duty character
-A The Sims character
-Steve

GTA character would so obviously be Trevor Philips and that's just....amusing. Sure. Let's throw Trevor Phillips side by side with Mario, Mega Man, Sonic, Link, etc.

Can you imagine?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Those being:

-Call of Duty character
-A The Sims character
-Steve
-Tetrimino/Assassin's Creed protag (for those who don't consider the former a character)

I'd buy Steve and Tetromino but I wouldn't care about the others tbh.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Those being:

-Call of Duty character
-A The Sims character
-Steve

**** no.

Tetrimino would be the only character I'd be mildly interested in. I don't want any of the others in Smash.

Shroob

Sup?

Those being:

-Call of Duty character
-A The Sims character
-Steve

Steve I fully just 'expect' to happen, or at the very least it's on my radar.

Tetris Block I'd adore.

If we get GTA, Niko Bellic or no balls. I NEED my YELLOW CAR taunt.

Other two are...okay? SIMs seems a bit redundant when Miis are basically the same thing.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Im sorry.

Think about this
didnt you tie all these coincidences to agumon and how it is totally 100% only agumon because brave is in the name of 2 moves

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Speaking of Poison type, Ivysaur should use a Poison-type move in Smash Bros, or a Poison type Pokemon should be introduced.
Its attacks would be like Olimar's, gradually dealing damage.
Ahem.
:ultpiranha:

No really though just replace Bullet Seed, that move stinks.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Those being:

-Call of Duty character
-A The Sims character
-Steve

Bella Goth WooHoos Her Way In!

Honestly, it's totally ridiculous, and I'd go for that. GTA and CoD don't do anything for me, and I recognize Steve's impact even if I think Minecraft has **** visuals. Tetris should have been a stage since we got those baller remixes in Brawl.

Now if you're also offering Ezio, I'm listening.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
**** no.

Tetrimino would be the only character I'd be mildly interested in. I don't want any of the others in Smash.
well, at least you're not saying they shouldn't/couldn't be in smash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom