• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

"Why is it a good thing that Nintendo is giving us news about one of their most anticipated games soon?"

What kind of question is that?
Noipoi said in the quote Shiny responded to that info might leak. Huge difference.

D

Deleted member

Look dude, if you don't wanna see any Sword and Shield info that's on you.

But i'm ready for new Pokemon!
We should get news when Pokemon wants to give us news.
I guess leaks spice things up more, but said event becomes weaker due to leaks...
I never said I was not excited for Sw/Sh news, I just do not want leakers to leak the whole thing like what they did with Roy and Ryu.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
"Why is it a good thing that Nintendo is giving us news about one of their most anticipated games soon?"

You don't just watch an announcement trailer, preorder immediately, and then wait until release?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You don't just watch an announcement trailer, preorder immediately, and then wait until release?
Man, guess I've been doing this whole gamer thing all wrong.

D

Deleted member

Oh, I did a stupid thing.
I thought Noipoi wanted the game leaked.
Leaks are stupid. They can go burn.
Yes, I want Nintendo to give us news. Please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
We should get news when Pokemon wants to give us news.
I guess leaks spice things up more, but said event becomes weaker due to leaks...
I never said I was not excited for Sw/Sh news, I just do not want leakers to leak the whole thing like what they did with Roy and Ryu.
Corocoro is a Japanese exclusive magazine, we don't get it. Corocoro also has exclusive Pokemon info sometimes. The only way for us to see it is if someone in Japan takes pictures of it and sends it to Serebii and other Poke-news outlets. When it comes to corocoro, leaks are necessary.

D

Deleted member

3a9530a-1.jpg

this scene actually tore at my heartstrings

the main reason nebula grew up to be so awful was because she could never win. she was never put in a situation where she could win

every single time gamora would beat her, nebula would lose another part of herself. so much so that she's basically a robot now, and she suffers "profound and unceasing pain" for it

but when she finally got to win, even if it was in something as dumb and small and unimportant as paper football, she was so surprised by it. she finally got to achieve some semblance of a victory in her life and it was beautiful

tony isn't without credit here either; he knew that they would both die soon but he didn't want her to die so unhappily

he threw that paper football game hard. i mean, did you see how he flicked scott so damn precisely into 2012!tony's arc reactor?

it was a super dad move on his part

god i ****ing love this movie

D

Deleted member

If I remember correctly, Holly and Ross called things off a while ago.
Yeah, but it was over location issues. That sounds a little fishy to me, don't you think? It's a really odd thing to break up over.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 218378

the main reason nebula grew up to be so awful was because she could never win. she was never put in a situation where she could win

every single time gamora would beat her, nebula would lose another part of herself. so much so that she's basically a robot now, and she suffers "profound and unceasing pain" for it

but when she finally got to win, even if it was in something as dumb and small and unimportant as paper football, she was so surprised by it. she finally got to achieve some semblance of a victory in her life and it was beautiful

tony isn't without credit here either; he knew that they would both die soon but he didn't want her to die so unhappily

he threw that paper football game hard. i mean, did you see how he flicked scott so damn precisely into 2012!tony's arc reactor?

Why does a blue space lesbian make me have so many feelings of sadness and happiness at the same time?

Noipoi

Howdy!
View attachment 218378

Never thought i'd care for Nebula this much lol

Glad she seems to be important now

D

Deleted member

Why does a blue space lesbian make me have so many feelings of sadness and happiness at the same time?
nebula's arc from gotg 1 through endgame is lowkey one of the best mcu arcs out there

y'know what

i'm just gonna say it

nebula and gamora's dynamic > thor and loki's dynamic

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
#50 Canas: Curiosity Killed the Caster​

image.png
Name: Canas
Class: Shaman
Appears in: Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade, Fire Emblem Heroes

Rounding out my list at number fifty is Canas, an Elibean Shaman skilled in the art of dark magic. A scholarly young man with a penchant for academics, Canas is the youngest of the four sons of Niime, the fabled mountain hermit.

Canas is immediately shown to be both cordial and curious, which may at first seem peculiar for a dark magic practitioner. He joins the party seeking to learn more about the Dread Isle, and exhibits a remarkable amount of joy whenever he's able to read a new book, practice a new spell, or even just chat with another Mage. For example, he gets along swimmingly with Pent, the Count of Reglay, after finding out he was the Etrurian Mage General. However, Canas is also a bit absentminded at times, and is easily distracted. He's very much the type to accidentally walk into a pitfall because he was reading while walking, failing to pay attention to his surroundings.

However, Canas's curiosity toward dark magic in particular is interesting to talk about. In Elibe, there are three classifications of magic: dark, light, and anima. Anima covers natural magic, or magic that calls forth nature spirits, such as wind, thunder, or fire magic. Light magic is holy magic, associated with the divine, and usually the clergy. Dark magic, meanwhile, is an ancient type of magic, the knowledge of which was mostly lost to the sands of time, making it the most mysterious of the trifecta.

Canas's family, namely his brothers, had all tried to further understand the dark arts, but dark magic is stated to be addictive, far more so than any other type of magic, with some fans going as far as to compare its pull to that of drug addiction. However, such powerful magic also takes an tremendous toll on the practitioner. All of Canas's brothers had eventually burnt away their souls by overusing dark magic, leaving them alive, but as empty, silent husks in a near-vegetative state.

Canas is fully aware of what dark magic can do to deteriorate one's body, but he's fueled entirely by the pursuit of knowledge. He accepts the fact that he may not live long, and end up a husk like his brothers, but he truly believes that it will be for the greater good if he can at least learn more about the dark arts in the process. He sees it as his birthright, considering Niime is his mother.

Family is also a big aspect of Canas's character. He's a married man and has an infant son of his own, who would later be revealed as Hugh from The Binding Blade. When teaching Nino to read, however, he comes to the realization that he may, in fact, be the girl's uncle, as his wife's dead sister (an anima mage) and Nino's deceased mother shared the same name, Iris.

From a gameplay standpoint, Canas is a useful unit in The Blazing Blade. He has a fairly unique niche of being the only unit able to use dark magic until Athos is recruited at endgame. However, outside of Flux, these spells have major drawbacks, usually in the form of incredibly high weight that prevents Canas from doubling, which is especially problematic on higher difficulties. He's still a solid shaman all around, though. In Heroes, however, this is far from the case. Canas was notoriously shafted here and given a stat line comparable to a launch three star unit, literally being Raigh with three more points of resistance. At least his voice work is top notch.

However, Canas has anything but a happy ending. The epilogue reveals that he and his wife returned to the snowy nation of Ilia, but during an attempt to magically stop an oncoming blizzard, both Canas and his wife froze to death in the snow, leaving Hugh to be raised by the elderly Niime. Truly, it was ironic. Canas had been so certain that his foray into the dark arts would spell his end, but he was instead killed in a blizzard by the forces of nature, an area outside of his domain.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
View attachment 218378

Y'know, you are a profound thinker when you aren't in ****post mode.

You should do this more often.

D

Deleted member

From a gameplay standpoint, Canas is a useful unit in The Blazing Blade. He has a fairly unique niche of being the only unit able to use dark magic until Athos is recruited at endgame. However, outside of Flux, these spells have major drawbacks, usually in the form of incredibly high weight that prevents Canas from doubling, which is especially problematic on higher difficulties. He's still a solid shaman all around, though.
Damn shame on his utility. Canas's biggest attracting factor is also his biggest drawback.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Rounding out my list at number fifty is Canas, an Elibean Shaman skilled in the art of dark magic. A scholarly young man with a penchant for academics, Canas is the youngest of the four sons of Niime, the fabled mountain hermit.

Canas is immediately shown to be both cordial and curious, which may at first seem peculiar for a dark magic practitioner. He joins the party seeking to learn more about the Dread Isle, and exhibits a remarkable amount of joy whenever he's able to read a new book, practice a new spell, or even just chat with another Mage. For example, he gets along swimmingly with Pent, the Count of Reglay, after finding out he was the Etrurian Mage General. However, Canas is also a bit absentminded at times, and is easily distracted. He's very much the type to accidentally walk into a pitfall because he was reading while walking, failing to pay attention to his surroundings.

However, Canas's curiosity toward dark magic in particular is interesting to talk about. In Elibe, there are three classifications of magic: dark, light, and anima. Anima covers natural magic, or magic that calls forth nature spirits, such as wind, thunder, or fire magic. Light magic is holy magic, associated with the divine, and usually the clergy. Dark magic, meanwhile, is an ancient type of magic, the knowledge of which was mostly lost to the sands of time, making it the most mysterious of the trifecta.

Canas's family, namely his brothers, had all tried to further understand the dark arts, but dark magic is stated to be addictive, far more so than any other type of magic, with some fans going as far as to compare its pull to that of drug addiction. However, such powerful magic also takes an tremendous toll on the practitioner. All of Canas's brothers had eventually burnt away their souls by overusing dark magic, leaving them alive, but as empty, silent husks in a near-vegetative state.

Canas is fully aware of what dark magic can do to deteriorate one's body, but he's fueled entirely by the pursuit of knowledge. He accepts the fact that he may not live long, and end up a husk like his brothers, but he truly believes that it will be for the greater good if he can at least learn more about the dark arts in the process. He sees it as his birthright, considering Niime is his mother.

Family is also a big aspect of Canas's character. He's a married man and has an infant son of his own, who would later be revealed as Hugh from The Binding Blade. When teaching Nino to read, however, he comes to the realization that he may, in fact, be the girl's uncle, as his wife's dead sister (an anima mage) and Nino's deceased mother shared the same name, Iris.

From a gameplay standpoint, Canas is a useful unit in The Blazing Blade. He has a fairly unique niche of being the only unit able to use dark magic until Athos is recruited at endgame. However, outside of Flux, these spells have major drawbacks, usually in the form of incredibly high weight that prevents Canas from doubling, which is especially problematic on higher difficulties. He's still a solid shaman all around, though. In Heroes, however, this is far from the case. Canas was notoriously shafted here and given a stat line comparable to a launch three star unit, literally being Raigh with three more points of resistance. At least his voice work is top notch.

However, Canas has anything but a happy ending. The epilogue reveals that he and his wife returned to the snowy nation of Ilia, but during an attempt to magically stop an oncoming blizzard, both Canas and his wife froze to death in the snow, leaving Hugh to be raised by the elderly Niime. Truly, it was ironic. Canas had been so certain that his foray into the dark arts would spell his end, but he was instead killed in a blizzard by the forces of nature, an area outside of his domain.
I won't have as much to say about the first few ones

D

Deleted member

opossum: yeah it's just a writing exercise these won't be as long
also the marsupial:

D

Deleted member

Opossum: "The first ones won't be so long."
Also Opossum:

I appreciate the good taste but I hate you for that pun in the title
Nino's deceased mother shared the same name, Iris.
OH SO THAT'S WHERE HER HEROES WEAPON COMES FROM
**** WHAT THE ****
NOW I'M SAD
PrequelMeme.jpeg
It's over Shishœ, I have the high ground!
View attachment 218394
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f...gif

You tread beyond your domain, mortal.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

> Opossum Opossum 's writing project was a Top 10 Fire Emblem Characters list
>Our vote for 5x meant 5x the characters
>It's a list of 50 characters now

Heckin Confused Tohru.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom