• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
DQ 9 is... not as good as the other games, from where I stand. If you're into story and characters, Dragon Quest 9 is not going to give you anything worth a dime. Your party is a bunch of silent protagonists and the game clearly wants you to have friends to play it with. If you're not into classic RPG class systems, you definitely wont like 9 either.

I'd recommend the 3DS remake of Dragon Quest 8 or Dragon Quest 11. Both are streamlined adventures with party members that have personalities. DQ 11 for Switch is the definitive version with an orchestrated soundtrack and a couple of extra cutscenes for your party members. It'll be out in a few months if you want to play that. Otherwise, just play DQ 8 or 11.

Dragon Quest 7 3DS is divisive so I wouldn't recommend that until you get more experience with the series.
Thanks for the reply, I'll probably get DQ11 on the switch when it comes out then. Though I'll probably play DQIX until then, seeing as I've still got it around.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Yo Moydow Moydow and other Etrian Odyssey fans what game should I start with if I'm interested in the series?

Preferably a 3DS game.
- 4 if you want something relatively easy (by the series' standards, at least) to ease you into them, it's the easiest game in the series and you can probably beat it without worrying too much about party composition and stuff
- Untold 2 if you want something with more focus on the story, and predefined characters if you think making your own would be overwhelming at first (though it also has classic mode for if you want to make your own anyway)
- 5 if you want the most modern and polished experience with the most quality-of-life changes that don't exist in previous games (not including Nexus since it's mostly fanservice and I don't think it's a good starting point)

I'd go with 4 or Untold 2, personally. Can't really recommend Untold 1 to start with, since it carries over a lot of the early-instalment weirdness from the first game and isn't really as nice an experience as the others. Or any of the DS games at all, except maybe 3.

D

Deleted member

Why does Bowser always resort to kidnapping Peach? Can't he just... you know... marry her legally? Kidnapping her and forcing her to marry him is only gonna cause Mario to show up and kick his ***. Just think of the benefits the Mushroom Kingdom and Bowser's Kingdom would gain if Bowser and Peach married. Bowser's got everything: A king, a caring father that doesn't want his son looking at naughty content, a legitimate business man as president of some company called Nintendo of America, but he can't help himself to keep kidnapping Peach. What is his problem?
That implies Peach WANTS to marry.
He kidnaps because he won't take "no" for an answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It absolutely can. I have thoughts on this matter in particular but I probably shouldn't share them here.

As for the show, I think I know which one it is.

No, it's the show with these bomb ass openings
(Couldn't find the original OP with the actual song so the cover done by the guy who does the '**** is about to go down' song in the show was the next best thing)
(Couldn't find a high quality version of the second OP so the PS2 game's intro which uses the same song should suffice)

Roberk

Smash Champion
Real talk: why did both Jared and Holly trade down to cheat on each other? Like, just stick with your hotter significant others.

D

Deleted member

the purest of smiles

View attachment 218372

such an innocent boi

you can almost hear the gentle hiss of the iv drip being injected directly into his veins
We joke about his health, but our boy Sakurai is about to represent a game he grew up with in one of the biggest crossovers in media. Dude must be thrilled.

WHEN he doesn't get in my boy
Yeah yeah whatever you say. Just make sure to reserve a week so you can watch Game of Thrones.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
We joke about his health, but our boy Sakurai is about to represent a game he grew up with in one of the biggest crossovers in media. Dude must be thrilled.
brave talk for a man in betting range

heh, get it

'brave'

like the pixar movie

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Okay, not super relevant, but I just glanced over the Pokemon emotes available for gen 1 and there's no psyduck.

216074.jpg

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay so basically the thing I wanted to do was something kinda-sorta special to lead up to Three Houses hype. Each day, I'll post a little character analysis/summary post for one of my top fifty favorite Fire Emblem characters, and explain why I like them. However, I'm not going in any particular order...that's for you to decide! By selecting 5x earlier, you opted for character number fifty. As such, today's post is a bit smaller, since characters this far down the list don't have AS much for me to say about them as I would someone higher up. Also, for anyone trying to guess who, the order has slightly changed since my tier list. :p

All in all, good fun and a nice writing exercise. I'll post today's shortly after I get it formatted properly.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Real talk: why did both Jared and Holly trade down to cheat on each other? Like, just stick with your hotter significant others.
If I remember correctly, Holly and Ross called things off a while ago.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
ezgif-1-56f8bbdc8692.gif

"See, video game reviewer aren't as pleasant as you think, they don't treat you like a friends, they treat you like a item."

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Why is this a good thing?
Waiting it out is better.
"Why is it a good thing that Nintendo is giving us news about one of their most anticipated games soon?"

What kind of question is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom