• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm ready for ubisoft and the obligatory Just Dance section.
Last year they really raised the bar with the extended dancing panda sequence, wonder how they're gonna top it this year.

D

Deleted member

Exactly.

But E3 has always been such a huge moment in people's minds that there will be a lot of people, I think, that will be thinking, "Well I already know about that other stuff they announced this year. So they must have more stuff up their sleeves!"

Meanwhile Nintendo's like, "No, uh, not really. We just thought you'd like to know sooner than June 2019."
Yeah, outside of maybe one or two small surprises, Nintendo's E3 this year is pretty much gonna be what it always is: More "Hey, here's an update on that game we teased a while back!" than "OHMAHGERSH GUYS NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS EVERYWHERE! EVERY NINTENDO IP YOU'VE EVER LOVED IS GETTING A NEW GAME!"

For whatever reason, there's a large part of the Nintendo online community that seems to think the latter scenario is what's more probable than the former, lol. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You're forgetting about the most hype moment in gaming history when Nintendo got up on stage and went

I believe the most hype moment in gaming history was last year when Square Enix showed up to their first E3 in years just to say, "Yeah, what Microsoft said."

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, the game industry does need a Union of some kind. The way people are over worked is insane, and it's not exactly an issue that's easily seen up front when playing said games. So not many people know how crazy it is. I know I don't I only heard of a few of these cases recently, so you can imagine just how bad it is for games that don't get this info out.

Either way, a union or better work ethic within the industry is one of the major things that need to change with games.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah, outside of maybe one or two small surprises, Nintendo's E3 this year is pretty much gonna be what it always is: More "Hey, here's an update on that game we teased a while back!" than "OHMAHGERSH GUYS NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS EVERYWHERE! EVERY NINTENDO IP YOU'VE EVER LOVED IS GETTING A NEW GAME!"

For whatever reason, there's a large part of the Nintendo online community that seems to think the latter scenario is what's more probable than the former, lol. :p
E3 is when F-Zero/Golden Sun/Chibi Robo/etc fans cry fresh tears

Tomorrow, I have 3 girls presenting their creative projects at Buffalo State College, my alma mater, for a conference where students are able to speak their minds. This is the second year i’m bringing student presenters. I cannot express how proud I am that these students are deciding to present their work, and be braver than I ever would have been at their age.

Today, one particular student practiced presenting her project on toxic masculinity to her peers. She presented during two different classes of seniors. In both classes, certain male students were clearly made uncomfortable, as she presented research on the topic, examples of it in popular culture, and how toxic masculine, by extension, effects women.

During the afternoon class, two students basically outright challenged the content of the presentation, one being a young man, and the other a young woman. The school itself is roughly 95ish% African American, and mostly below the poverty line. Basically, both students felt the research was unfounded, and they were somewhat rude in their response.

My young scholar student answered some of their questions, but at a certain point I took over to educate more about what toxic masculinity is. I was still challenged by the students. I think my favorite part, however, is when the discussion took a turn to transgender women. It was focused on how trans women of color are usually the most in danger in society, especially when dating.

More or less, the students are glued that they shouldn’t just hide the fact that they are trans because then there wouldn’t be a reaction. I simply asked, “Wait, so if a transgender woman doesn’t tell their date that they’re trans, that validates the violence shown toward them?”

Man, the atmosphere changed.

I feel like I changed some minds today, especially because some of the students who stayed quiet came up to the student presenter, and told her how the presentation was super amazing and on point. Granted, those who did that were mostly the girls. A small handful of the students I teach are very, very toxic with their behaviors, but I try to combat that through the power of discussion. If I can’t convince them, a student can often make an even better point than I could have.

I feel as if I validate students of LGBTQ background, women, and even young men who are victims of toxic masculinity. I’m glad it’s being channeled by my students. I only hope it turns into actual change in society.

Thank you for listening to my TED Talk on why teaching English is the best part of school, and why no other content areas compare.
Haha Toxic Masculinity

Story of my life

D

Deleted member

E3 is when F-Zero/Golden Sun/Chibi Robo/etc fans cry fresh tears
As cool as those series are...

I just find myself wanting more Mii games like Tomodachi Life and Miitopia. I also personally care way more about whether or not Camelot is working on a Switch Mario Golf than a GS, so I guess I'm the odd one out in that scenario.:drshrug:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I still find it super weird that Nintendo revealed Joker at a rewards show, of all things. That's where ya give rewards, not reveals. Although having Joker hack the rewards program was a sick reveal, nonetheless.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm ready for ubisoft and the obligatory Just Dance section.
Ubisoft needs to bring back Aisha Tyler.

Sue me. She was always the highlight of their shows and you could always tell when she thought a game was **** just by her face when they cut back to it or how bad her reaction was forced or faked.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
As cool as those series are...

I just find myself wanting more Mii games like Tomodachi Life and Miitopia. I also personally care way more about whether or not Camelot is working on a Switch Mario Golf than a GS, so I guess I'm the odd one out in that scenario.:drshrug:
Tomodachi Life 2 on the Switch let's gooooo

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Sue me. She was always the highlight of their shows and you could always tell when she thought a game was **** just by her face when they cut back to it or how bad her reactiong was forced or faked.
Remember the year they had a Jason DeRulo concert on stage and it cut back to Aisha?

''Well, that was something."

Ugh. What a queen.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Tons of new stuff or not E3's gonna be hype either way so :drshrug:
I personally think people will be let down. It should still be hype, and I expect Microsoft to try and put on one hell of a show, but consider this:

Sony isn't even here this time because they have virtually nothing left to show for the PS4, but also aren't ready to unveil the PS5.

The Xbox One is similarly at the end of its life cycle, but with its sales on the rise following a heavy marketing push and the excellent Games Pass/backwards comp. pushes, I don't think Microsoft would want to shoot themselves in the foot by prematurely announcing the next Xbox either.

Bethesda is there again but what do they have to show besides Doom? Both the next Elder Scrolls and their new IP were already stated to be for next gen consoles that haven't been announced yet, and the likelihood of a significant Fallout announcement are slim considering they expected Fallout 76 to hold its weight for much longer. How is anyone not going to come away from their press conference disappointed?

EA can **** off and Square Enix can basically only hype people at this point with an actual ****ing look at FFVII. And I guess Ubisoft will be there again too. Woohoo Assassin's Creed & friends.

That leaves Nintendo, who is the only company with a console currently in its prime, and they already announced all their **** through the year.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I still find it super weird that Nintendo revealed Joker at a rewards show, of all things. That's where ya give rewards, not reveals. Although having Joker hack the rewards program was a sick reveal, nonetheless.
A lot of companies reveal stuff at the VGAs

It's a gaming event that lots of people watch, so it's the prime time to advertise a new product

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
joker was the reward, you fool

D

Deleted member

Sue me. She was always the highlight of their shows and you could always tell when she thought a game was **** just by her face when they cut back to it or how bad her reactiong was forced or faked.
You know who they really need to bring back?
Imagine a conference with him and Aisha. The sheer power of that show.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I personally think people will be let down. It should still be hype, and I expect Microsoft to try and put on one hell of a show, but consider this:

Sony isn't even here this time because they have virtually nothing left to show for the PS4, but also aren't ready to unveil the PS5.

The Xbox One is similarly at the end of its life cycle, but with its sales on the rise following a heavy marketing push and the excellent Games Pass/backwards comp. pushes, I don't think Microsoft would want to shoot themselves in the foot by prematurely announcing the next Xbox either.

Bethesda is there again but what do they have to show besides Doom? Both the next Elder Scrolls and their new IP were already stated to be for next gen consoles that haven't been announced yet, and the likelihood of a significant Fallout announcement are slim considering they expected Fallout 76 to hold its weight for much longer. How is anyone not going to come away from their press conference disappointed?

EA can **** off and Square Enix can basically only hype people at this point with an actual ****ing look at FFVII. And I guess Ubisoft will be there again too. Woohoo Assassin's Creed & friends.

That leaves Nintendo, who is the only company with a console currently in its prime, and they already announced all their **** through the year.
That's true, very true. Tons of folks will be let down.

Not me though, i'm here for the ride:bobomb:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Can't be let down if you're preemptively let down.

D

Deleted member

So you see, you're right, but that's why I've kept realistic expectations after last E3 from Nintendo.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Can't be let down if you're preemptively let down.
That's my secret, Cap.

I'm always prematurely let down by my primary source of entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom