• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Y'all aint ready for Square Enix, EA and Ubisoft to announce they're all entering the console market.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay but remember when we all lost our minds when we found out Mario could be a T-Rex? And that a song with lyrics was in a Mario game?

Or that Everyone Was Here? Including Ridley?

That's E3 to me, that's what i'm ready for.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Square can have an interesting show though.

There's rumors of Final Fantasy 10-3, there's Avengers Project, there's FF7 remake, any last minute news on the next FF14 expansion....

Bringing back a dead franchise (PWEASE? YOU HAVE MORE THAN FINAL FANTASY AND DRAGON QUEST.)...

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Okay but remember when we all lost our minds when we found out Mario could be a T-Rex? And that a song with lyrics was in a Mario game?

Or that Everyone Was Here? Including Ridley?

That's E3 to me, that's what i'm ready for.
My reactions were more like

Mario T-Rex: What?
Jump Up Superstar: Cool.
Ridley: Eyyy nice.
First Smash Direct: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I still find it super weird that Nintendo revealed Joker at a rewards show, of all things. That's where ya give rewards, not reveals. Although having Joker hack the rewards program was a sick reveal, nonetheless.
They've cleverly transformed the Game Awards into E3-lite to get people to watch.

The VGAs were always terrible to watch, and people basically only did to see if there would be any more announcements. So they rebranded as the Game Awards and got rid of some of the traditional show tropes and replaced them with more trailers and reveals.

D

Deleted member

There's rumors of Final Fantasy 10-3, there's Avengers Project, there's FF7 remake, any last minute news on the next FF14 expansion....

Bringing back a dead franchise (PWEASE? YOU HAVE MORE THAN FINAL FANTASY and Dragon Quest.)...
They announce Chrono Break, but it's directed by Nomura and there isn't a proper trailer, promising more info later on.

D

Deleted member

They've cleverly transformed the Game Awards into E3-lite to get people to watch.

The VGAs were always terrible to watch, and people basically only did to see if there would be any more announcements. So they rebranded as the Game Awards and got rid of some of the traditional show tropes and replaced them with more trailers and reveals.
The VGAs were still terrible to watch. The only things that caught me off guard were Mortal Kombat and Smash Bros.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I want a non Smash crossover that's ****ing wild to be revealed. I want someone to top the insanity of Mario and Rabbids and making it work.

Like Final Fantasy x Star Fox or some ****.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
he took out his meme folder, said it was this big
1557118271089.png

Yeah, that's right you ugly little girl, I hate you and you stupid nose, I'M TAKING EVERYTHING FROM YOU, GIVE ME YOUR PHONE.

D

Deleted member

Bringing back a dead franchise (PWEASE? YOU HAVE MORE THAN FINAL FANTASY AND DRAGON QUEST.)...
FF X-3 after the abomination of the 2.5 novel

D

Deleted member

I personally think people will be let down. It should still be hype, and I expect Microsoft to try and put on one hell of a show, but consider this:

Sony isn't even here this time because they have virtually nothing left to show for the PS4, but also aren't ready to unveil the PS5.

The Xbox One is similarly at the end of its life cycle, but with its sales on the rise following a heavy marketing push and the excellent Games Pass/backwards comp. pushes, I don't think Microsoft would want to shoot themselves in the foot by prematurely announcing the next Xbox either.

Bethesda is there again but what do they have to show besides Doom? Both the next Elder Scrolls and their new IP were already stated to be for next gen consoles that haven't been announced yet, and the likelihood of a significant Fallout announcement are slim considering they expected Fallout 76 to hold its weight for much longer. How is anyone not going to come away from their press conference disappointed?

EA can **** off and Square Enix can basically only hype people at this point with an actual ****ing look at FFVII. And I guess Ubisoft will be there again too. Woohoo Assassin's Creed & friends.

That leaves Nintendo, who is the only company with a console currently in its prime, and they already announced all their **** through the year.
TBH I personally don't need new games to be announced to be happy. This year has at least 5+ games I plan on buying, I'm good, lol. I just want info on 'em.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

I mean, the last one was still a pain to get through... but then Joker infiltrated the theatre, and redeemed it all!

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Still waiting on TWEWY2.

If not just for the BANGER ost.

Noipoi

Howdy!
TBH I personally don't need new games to be announced to be happy. This year has at least 5+ games I plan on buying, I'm good, lol. I just want info on 'em.
At the current moment i'm gonna be spending around 400$ on video games by the end of the year.

If some good **** is announced i'm game, but I really don't need it that bad lol.

D

Deleted member

I want a non Smash crossover that's ****ing wild to be revealed. I want someone to top the insanity of Mario and Rabbids and making it work.

yeah, a crazy crossover
like, how about marvel crossing over with capcom and it's this whole fighting game, that would be so weird lol

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Yes, and I hate it.

Of all the dumb anthro animal mascots to gravitate to, Morgana. ****in' Teddie 2.0.
I mean, at least his human form is super cute? That's not much of a redeeming trait, though.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Spending time at work today practicing drawing heads in three quarter view

Don’t know why I’m having so much trouble with visualization today

D

Deleted member

Yes, and I hate it.

Of all the dumb anthro animal mascots to gravitate to, Morgana.
Unlike Teddie, at least Morgana didn't turn human, so he wouldn't try being hotter than m-

OH GOD DAMN IT

Just give me Smashboards x Mortal Kombat.

D

Deleted member

At the current moment i'm gonna be spending around 400$ on video games by the end of the year.

If some good **** is announced i'm game, but I really don't need it that bad lol.
Yeah, Nintendo especially is looking pretty good this year, lol. There's a whooooole wealth of genres comin' our way later this year, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a Wii U port or two to round it off.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yes, and I hate it.

Of all the dumb anthro animal mascots to gravitate to, Morgana. ****in' Teddie 2.0.
Yeah mate we should be talking about Zoe from Littlest Pet Shop for the Nintendo House Arrest Entertainment System

D

Deleted member

I expect nothing that I want will come out of E3 cause all I want is something to do with the Mother Franchise and for Geno to actually be in a new game not just as a PNG.

But hey as long as something interesting comes out of E3 like Banjo getting in Smash that would be cool.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah, Nintendo especially is looking pretty good this year, lol. There's a whooooole wealth of genres comin' our way later this year, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a Wii U port or two to round it off.
Amiibo Festival port.

It's the port we all want, Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

By the way, I’m willing to make FNAF memes and cursed images for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom