• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The best part here is that Lantern is having a big argument with Batman over how violent his methods are, so he's desperate trying to talk to bruce while he's drinking ****ing lemonade.
Batman we need to talk
"No we don't"
Batman, your 'no kill' rule is bull****, you give mentally ill people serious injuries which they need incredibly good health insurance for
"Not a problem"
Batman the mugger was years ago Martha is dead you need to move on
"I'm wearing a rainbow outfit now"
Batman

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I mean... yeah. The only 1st party game that was announced last year at E3 was Super Mario Party. That's it.

As much as I love Smash, I don't want it taking up the majority of the presentation again.

They still gotta reveal some stuff for other games (Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3 etc.), so they've got plenty of stuff to talk about.
Which is why it's likely the Smash DLC will be in it's own direct like Lucas, Roy, and Ryu. So they don't steal the spotlight from Nintendo's other games. Especially if Patch 4.0 details are going to be around 15 minutes like 3.0 & Joker.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Oh ****, I keep forgetting Sony didn't announce DMC.

Like, I was completely tuned out of the MS conference until this came up.
I mean, honestly, I don't blame you. Who would've thought Microsoft was capable of announcing anything cool?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Looks pretty cool dude. I hope that Mario maker stylus works with stage builder. I want to make more complex stages and I don't want them looking like raw *** cheeks.
Thank you! Well you're in luck then, because the regular pens that have that rubber tip work just fine for the touchscreen. In fact, my first four stages were all done by finger, and the pen is definitely a way better tool to use.

Also, Arceus almighty, you guys flatter me... :nervous:

All I see is peoples blocking, blocking, and blocking.

Where are the parries, fam?!?!:ultpacman:
I still haven't gotten parrying down. The way it's executed in this game feels similar to Soul Calibur V, and I could barely do it in that one, though projectile-parrying in this game is pretty doable. I just have to get better at the timing :L

Mr. Mime is the main villain of Phase 4

You didn't hear this from me
Mr. Mime low-key held onto the Space Stone before it was converted into the Tesseract cube by using his PP for Barrier.

I just realized Shiny gave me an epik reaction text/image for future use:
View attachment 217688
Same energy...
Tails_Disgust.png

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Thank you! Well you're in luck then, because the regular pens that have that rubber tip work just fine for the touchscreen. In fact, my first four stages were all done by finger, and the pen is definitely a way better tool to use.

Also, Arceus almighty, you guys flatter me... :nervous:

I still haven't gotten parrying down. The way it's executed in this game feels similar to Soul Calibur V, and I could barely do it in that one, though projectile-parrying in this game is pretty doable. I just have to get better at the timing :L

Mr. Mime low-key held onto the Space Stone before it was converted into the Tesseract cube by using his PP for Barrier.

Same energy...
View attachment 217693
Bro.

You know I was jokingly refering to users mentionning to block peoples, right?

....please tell me, "sike!".....
what have you done.gif

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"But one day you'll figure this out. And when you do, you will change the world."
"What is and always will be my greatest creation..."
4652915.jpg

"Is you."

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Ninty's E3 last yeah was pretty bleh overall: the everyone was here trailer was hype and the Ridley reveal was a real 'holy ****' moment, but even most of the rest of the Smash section wasn't that exciting ('Olimar's helmet cracks now, but he's gon b k)

It'll be interesting to see how they manage the balance this year: they've got Animal Crossing, Pokemon (which probably won't get much focus in the direct itself, but will likely appear in the Treehouse segment) LM3, Mario Maker 2, Three Houses, Astral Chain, Link's Awakening remake and more: not expecting loads of major new reveals for stuff coming out in 2019, but maybe one or 2 things please Pikmin 4 I'm begging you Shiggy

Like Animal Crossing will definitely get a lot of attention, but it's not really show floor demo material as the games just aren't like that. Whatever the focus, it'll be nice to see it more spread out so there's (hopefully) something for everyone
Honestly I think whatever Nintendo does, a lot of people will come away disappointed.

Not because the content isn't good. But we're conditioned to think that E3 is when the company you're rooting for brings out the big guns. We're expecting to be wowed and blown away with content. But Nintendo seems content to release news on their own schedule and dedicate their E3 presentations to very specific titles that they want to push for the holiday season, and that's it.

I think there will be multiple games we already know about-- like Luigi's Mansion 3, or Link's Awakening, or others-- that won't even get a mention and leave their fans scratching their heads. While Microsoft will again try to go for numbers by throwing trailer after trailer to pack their presentation with as much stuff as possible, Nintendo will remind us all we want to buy Pokemon and Animal Crossing and maybe have one big unknown reveal to keep "hype" levels high, like they did when announcing Other M in an otherwise boring E3 conference. And that'll be it.

Also probably a Smash character 'cause why not.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Honestly I think whatever Nintendo does, a lot of people will come away disappointed.

Not because the content isn't good. But we're conditioned to think that E3 is when the company you're rooting for brings out the big guns. We're expecting to be wowed and blown away with content. But Nintendo seems content to release news on their own schedule and dedicate their E3 presentations to very specific titles that they want to push for the holiday season, and that's it.

I think there will be multiple games we already know about-- like Luigi's Mansion 3, or Link's Awakening, or others-- that won't even get a mention and leave their fans scratching their heads. While Microsoft will again try to go for numbers by throwing trailer after trailer to pack their presentation with as much stuff as possible, Nintendo will remind us all we want to buy Pokemon and Animal Crossing and maybe have one big unknown reveal to keep "hype" levels high, like they did when announcing Other M in an otherwise boring E3 conference. And that'll be it.

Also probably a Smash character 'cause why not.
Nintendo has E3 whenever they feel like it in the form of their Directs.

E3 is literally just another Direct for them.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Besides it's also kind of my fault for making a big deal out of it. As said people says things they don't mean in healthful moments. Dont be hard on yourself SnakeFighter. I'm at just as fault as you were.

D

Deleted member

Batman we need to talk
"No we don't"
Batman, your 'no kill' rule is bull****, you give mentally ill people serious injuries which they need incredibly good health insurance for
"Not a problem"
Batman the mugger was years ago Martha is dead you need to move on
"I'm wearing a rainbow outfit now"
Batman
Hal even brings that up
batman-paints-a-room-yellow-for-green-lantern-3 (1).jpg

How does ol Bats respond?
batman-paints-a-room-yellow-for-green-lantern-3 (2).jpg

Magnificent.

D

Deleted member

I've made it a tradition to watch E3 with my friends as we always hang out on Tuesdays which is when Nintendo always does E3 and it's been a blast. "HOLY **** METROID IS BAAaaack hang on that's not Samus", me freaking the **** out at the number 4, me causing noise complaints and screaming so much I nearly fainted, good times
I remember watching the MP4 reveal with my brother and we both flipped, lol. That's definitely one of my most favorite E3 memories.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

unless it's november 1 2018, in which case they murder your hopes, dreams, and entire family live for all the world to see

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Exactly.

But E3 has always been such a huge moment in people's minds that there will be a lot of people, I think, that will be thinking, "Well I already know about that other stuff they announced this year. So they must have more stuff up their sleeves!"

Meanwhile Nintendo's like, "No, uh, not really. We just thought you'd like to know sooner than June 2019."

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
D

Deleted member

Exactly.

But E3 has always been such a huge moment in people's minds that there will be a lot of people, I think, that will be thinking, "Well I already know about that other stuff they announced this year. So they must have more stuff up their sleeves!"

Meanwhile Nintendo's like, "No, uh, not really. We just thought you'd like to know sooner than June 2019."
You're forgetting about the most hype moment in gaming history when Nintendo got up on stage and went

D

Deleted member

Friend of mine made a small indie game that just came out, and it’s actually pretty fun!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Okay so I called that place I had the “great interview” at yesterday and I explained my situation that I haven’t heard back and I was about to ask for the person who interviewed me and the bottom of the food chain customer service person was like “if they wanted you here we woulda called and told you your hours okay sorry bye” and hung up which is INCREDIBLY rude

So today I called back and asked for the person who interviewed me off the bat and asked her and she said I should have gotten an email either way already, and I told her about the woman who mean girls’d me yesterday and she got piiiisssed and so I’m feeling pretty good Rn

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Tomorrow, I have 3 girls presenting their creative projects at Buffalo State College, my alma mater, for a conference where students are able to speak their minds. This is the second year i’m bringing student presenters. I cannot express how proud I am that these students are deciding to present their work, and be braver than I ever would have been at their age.

Today, one particular student practiced presenting her project on toxic masculinity to her peers. She presented during two different classes of seniors. In both classes, certain male students were clearly made uncomfortable, as she presented research on the topic, examples of it in popular culture, and how toxic masculine, by extension, effects women.

During the afternoon class, two students basically outright challenged the content of the presentation, one being a young man, and the other a young woman. The school itself is roughly 95ish% African American, and mostly below the poverty line. Basically, both students felt the research was unfounded, and they were somewhat rude in their response.

My young scholar student answered some of their questions, but at a certain point I took over to educate more about what toxic masculinity is. I was still challenged by the students. I think my favorite part, however, is when the discussion took a turn to transgender women. It was focused on how trans women of color are usually the most in danger in society, especially when dating.

More or less, the students argued that they shouldn’t just hide the fact that they are trans because then there wouldn’t be a reaction. I simply asked, “Wait, so if a transgender woman doesn’t tell their date that they’re trans, that validates the violence shown toward them?”

Man, the atmosphere changed.

I feel like I changed some minds today, especially because some of the students who stayed quiet came up to the student presenter, and told her how the presentation was super amazing and on point. Granted, those who did that were mostly the girls. A small handful of the students I teach are very, very toxic with their behaviors, but I try to combat that through the power of discussion. If I can’t convince them, a student can often make an even better point than I could have.

I feel as if I validate students of LGBTQ background, women, and even young men who are victims of toxic masculinity. I’m glad it’s being channeled by my students. I only hope it turns into actual change in society.

Thank you for listening to my TED Talk on why teaching English is the best part of school, and why no other content areas compare.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom