• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hold on i thought Wario Waft was the only move that you can kill yourself in the Upper blastzone with
Nah, you definitely can on other moves, mainly ones with self-inflicted damage like the C4. It mainly depends on how low the ceiling is.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My main issue is that I have a constant stammer and getting a few words can be a pain sometimes and just downright humiliating.

A minor thing is that my voice is pretty low for a 5’2” woman
I feel you. I constantly stammer and struggle to speak with confidence, and I'm always struggling to figure out how to phase things.

I might be a guy but I've also got a ridiculously deep voice. I've been told once or twice that I sound "manly" but when I hear it I think I sound like some idiot goon from some animated movie. I cringe whenever I hear myself on recording.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Also quite fond of "mhmm."
I'm guilty of this, as well
I don't stutter, but I do go "umm" and "ehhh" a lot. I also say "right" too much when I get excited, like after every other sentence.
I have a tenancy to say "basically" and "like" quite a lot

And I basically mean like, a lot

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
I feel you. I constantly stammer and struggle to speak with confidence, and I'm always struggling to figure out how to phase things.

I might be a guy but I've also got a ridiculously deep voice. I've been told once or twice that I sound "manly" but when I hear it I think I sound like some idiot goon from some animated movie. I cringe whenever I hear myself on recording.
Deep voice, you say? Ridiculously deep?

Are we talking "headcanon sans voice deep" and Cr1TiKaL deep?
Because I have a friend who is both.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I don't stutter, but I do go "umm" and "ehhh" a lot. I also say "right" too much when I get excited, like after every other sentence.
Everyone has stuff like that (words they use too much).

This is something I heard in a Let's Play recently (I think Mekkkah and Mangs' FE6 Reverse Recuitment): It's better to not worry about it, it gives your speech a unique flair and most people like that, your speech quirks are part of what makes you you.

D

Deleted member

Meanwhile I was facing a level nine Snake the other day and on the last stock, he went on the top platform, Up B'd, launched himself with C4 immediately after, and then killed himself on the upper blast zone.
Yeah, Snake's AI is pretty dumb. He likes to use Up B a lot, which makes him very predictable. In my experience, the scariest CPU are :ultwario:, :ultpichu:, :ultpikachu:, :ultfalco:, :ultganondorf:, :ultridley:, :ultdoc:, :ultsamus:/:ultdarksamus:, and :ultbowser:. Their input-reads mixed with actual combos, punishes, and edgeguards make any fight against them very tense.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Everyone has stuff like that (words they use too much).

This is something I heard in a Let's Play recently (I think Mekkkah and Mangs' FE6 Reverse Recuitment): It's better to not worry about it, it gives your speech a unique flair and most people like that, your speech quirks are part of what makes you you.
I also say "Here's the thing" way more than necessary :laugh:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Since I can't really imagine Yoshi speaking full sentences in his modern appearance, this is the closest to what I imagining him sounding like:

I'm also fairly certain Luigi is voiced by Kuwabara's Japanese voice actor, but I'm not certain...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Since I can't really imagine Yoshi speaking full sentences in his modern appearance, this is the closest to what I imagining him sounding like:

I'm also fairly certain Luigi is voiced by Kuwabara's Japanese voice actor, but I'm not certain...
Iggy sounds like Plankton and I don't like that,

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord

Hearing Mario characters speaking Japanese is very weird, especially since they still speak English even in japanese versions of their games.

Noipoi

Howdy!
If When I achieve my dream of working in the animation industry, if I ever get to work with Tara Strong i'll probably die.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I also say "Here's the thing" way more than necessary :laugh:
According to my father, that's better than starting your sentences with "So, "

...I have no idea why he hates that so much.

Is... Is that Chika Sakamoto playing Yoshi?

*looks it up*

It is! I'd recognise Agumon's voice anywhere.

Also, apparently Ikue Ohtani played Red Yoshi; and Tohru Furuya (Yamcha) played Mario.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If Palutena were to be attacked by an army of whatevers while Pit was on a mission or competing in some good old Smash, that’ll be on her for not having a legit army. Pit can’t be in two places at once technically
That's definitely her fault. She can't just rely on a one-angel army all the time. I now want to picture your scenario and see what happens. I mean really, you have multiple commanders on the side of nature and underworld, but yet all they have in Skyworld is a cute, flightless angel... granted, he's powerful, but sometimes, sheer numbers is the way to go. She should invest in having a second commander/captain in this case.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

*looks it up*

Also, apparently Ikue Ohtani played Red Yoshi; and Tohru Furuya (Yamcha) played Mario.
Another reason why I somehow keep running into Agumon lately :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Man, the more I watch it, the more Mortal Kombat 11 is looking like a must own!

Noipoi

Howdy!

*looks it up*

Ikue Otani?

As in the absolute legend who gives life to one of the most famous mascots in human history?

As in the woman behind mother ****ing Pikachu?

Nice.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord

*looks it up*

I'm surprised Graizen didn't show up, right after you mentioned Agumon.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

*looks it up*

You mean...
that Ikue Ohtani?

EDIT: :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
If When I achieve my dream of working in the animation industry, if I ever get to work with Tara Strong i'll probably die.
I remember that episode of Chowder where they run out of money for animation so they just start filming the voice actors, her being one of them.
It was so weird seeing what they all actually looked like in real life...

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I remember that episode of Chowder where they run out of money for animation so they just start filming the voice actors, her being one of them.
I love stuff like this. I love seeing what brings a cartoon to life, it makes me so excited.

D

Deleted member

Th-That actually happened?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It was so weird seeing what all they all actually looked like in real life...
Nicky Jones, the kid who played Chowder, is 22 years old now, he was around 10 when he started working on that show.

Th-That actually happened?
Are you surprised considering everything else the show has pulled?

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Another reason why I somehow keep running into Agumon lately :yoshi:
You cannot escape Agumon.
Ikue Otani?

As in the absolute legend who gives life to one of the most famous mascots in human history?

As in the woman behind mother ****ing Pikachu?

Nice.
You mean...
that Ikue Ohtani?

EDIT: :ultgreninja:'d
Yeah, I've known that for a while. I even mentioned it a while back...

*watches the Red Yoshi scene*
It's so weird hearing Ikue Ohtani do a baby voice (even higher than her Pikachu voice), which then immediately gives way to her Chopper voice (also used for P5's Morgana) when Red Yoshi grows up 10 seconds later.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's definitely her fault. She can't just rely on a one-angel army all the time. I now want to picture your scenario and see what happens. I mean really, you have multiple commanders on the side of nature and underworld, but yet all they have in Skyworld is a cute, flightless angel... granted, he's powerful, but sometimes, sheer numbers is the way to go. She should invest in having a second commander/captain in this case.
If Pit were to end up in a situation where he’s fighting an army of gods all on his own and beats them alone, he’d likely end up in either a Batman situation (AKA a newer and stronger person/god shows up and literally breaks him) or an Ultimate Spider-Man moment (AKA dies but barely comes back to life strictly on luck of “immortality”/“not fully dying”). Either way, Palutena would regret it. Pit would be so messed up even Sakurai couldn’t fix what would happen to him.
I assume you’re referring to Rob Paulsen?
Indeed I am (idk how I didn’t realize I cut out the last name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom