• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The main focus isn't even the fighters, actually. They show up a ton too, but the main character is Waluigi. With Ashley, Isaac and Shovel Knight as supporting characters.
I actually have a decent Waluigi impression. I could probably do Shovel Knight too...
Is this a machinima, or what?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Same. I have a whole bunch of characters I wanted, but the only one I got was Inkling (who was a lock to the point where it almost doesn't matter). I mean most of my wanted characters are unrealistic, but where was BDee? Why did we get the one Pokemon I didn't want?
All of my wanted characters were realistic, so none of the rest being playable sucked
The main focus isn't even the fighters, actually. They show up a ton too, but the main character is Waluigi. With Ashley, Isaac and Shovel Knight as supporting characters.
The main characters are the characters who show up in the cutscenes of World of Light

D

Deleted member

Ya know, it's funny. That was actually my idea for Yoshi scenes.

He would only say his name, but I would him an internal monologue that's completely deadpan. Sorta like Garfield.

Yes, I have planned most of these voices and gimmicks. It's not just gonna be one video ;)
You’re description actually kinda reminds me of a scene in the machinima I voice. xD (Not shameless self promotion I swear.)https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bIpWqJtggEI&t=8s&index=6&list=PL4ekGJQT--4ATrjhiZdpD5fxBBT3rL4fS Go to 3:52 on this link.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'd like tips on how to start
Use Casting Call Club. It's an amazing website. I really can't stress it enough. This is a really good place to get a start, and there are actually a lot of Nintendo fan projects on here you might enjoy. It's also a great way to get exposure as a voice actor.

Fun Fact: A voice actor who voiced n FNaF actually used to use this website, before she made it big.
I like FNaF, if you couldn't tell. Heh.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Use Casting Call Club. It's an amazing website. I really can't stress it enough. This is a really good place to get a start, and there are actually a lot of Nintendo fan projects on here you might enjoy. It's also a great way to get exposure as a voice actor.

Fun Fact: A voice actor who voiced n FNaF actually used to use this website, before she made it big.
I like FNaF, if you couldn't tell. Heh.
Thanks, but like I said, I'm a complete newbie and I don't even know a good setup...

D

Deleted member

That Lifelight remix is Amazing!!
I know, right?

Yes. Like I said earlier, I owned a mic and and audio interface for years but never used it
1. Be sure to pack emotion into your voice. If you can’t, no-one will cast you. Best way to do it is to not be afraid to get a little loud, but try to avoid peaking.
2. This is just personal preference, but don’t change your pitch. Do what your comfrotable with and try to find voice types that suit you.
3. Guess this is really just a note, but if you’ve got an audio interface, your on the right track.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
If this is a thing, I'd really like to voice Arcade Bunny. And Mewtwo. Also Marx if he's there.

I'd be down to voice anyone, I guess. But especially those 3.

D

Deleted member

Thanks, but like I said, I'm a complete newbie and I don't even know a good setup...
As for setup, have a decent mic like a Blue Yeti or a Blue Snowball, go in a closet or put a blanket over your mic, yourself, and your PC. Be sure to have the mic a tad bit away from the PC so it doesn’t pick up the fan noise. As for audio interface, look up some guides for your type. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
But...

Any editing software that I need? And it'd seem like I'd be completely lost trying to use it...
Just grab audacity. It's free, and surprisingly easy to use. It has a learning curve, but you'll adjust quickly.

Eh, it's not really a comic. there aren't any words in the image.

It's still images, with slight changes to depict movement and speaking.
Interesting!

What's the plot? Or is that secret as of now?

D

Deleted member

But...

Any editing software that I need? And it'd seem like I'd be completely lost trying to use it...
I HIGHLY reccomend Audacity. It’s free, user friendly, and even has built in background noise removal. You can also add effects very easily for spooky characters or monsters or robots. Basically anything.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ya know? A few of us, here with mics, should start a little podcast... it'd be fun

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I actually have a decent Waluigi impression. I could probably do Shovel Knight too...
Pretty sure Waluigi is one of those voices that everyone can do. :laugh:

People say "Everyone can do a Kermit voice" but I actually don't think that's true.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Everyone's talking about voice acting, huh?

When I was in college, I had a number of professors tell me I had the perfect voice for radio. In fact, my news production professor told me this pretty much every time I opened my mouth. She'd tell me that my deep voice, its timbre, and the calm way I talk was so clear and professional that I should consider pursuing something like that. I'd always explain to them that I had indeed done voiceovers before, but it was more of just a hobby.

I did a lot of theatre growing up and began to really enjoy acting. I performed all throughout high school, though I haven't done much stage acting since then. I decided I didn't want to perform in front of people any more, but I was always great at doing voices, so I've always had this desire to do more voice work since I miss acting in general.

So I guess if anyone here ever needs anyone else, I'm around too!

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I swear all of this voice acting talk is so fun

Pretty sure Waluigi is one of those voices that everyone can do. :laugh:

People say "Everyone can do a Kermit voice" but I actually don't think that's true.
I mean, my Waluigi isn't good, not gonna lie.
Also yeah, "Everyone can do a Kermit voice." is a lie. I couldn't do one if my life depended on it.

Eh, it's mostly just setups for jokes. The "plot" is Waluigi trying and failing to get revenge on the fighters, but that's mostly an excuse for jokes. It's slice of life, if anything.
Interesting! Well, when you need roles, hit me up!

So, any voice actors you have met? I've met a few, but one I think everyone here would know is Charles Martine.

D

Deleted member

Eh, it's mostly just setups for jokes. The "plot" is Waluigi trying and failing to get revenge on the fighters, but that's mostly an excuse for jokes. It's slice of life, if anything.
I look forward to watching you become the next Matthew Taranto.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I mean, my Waluigi isn't good, not gonna lie.
Also yeah, "Everyone can do a Kermit voice." is a lie. I couldn't do one if my life depended on it.
Well, at the very least, everyone can do a Nasally "WAAAAAH!"

Which is totally all you need for a Waluigi voice.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm gonna have to pitch shift a few of my voices. They sound distinct upon first hearing, but if you listen you can tell it's one guy.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don't even have a mic :laugh:

I have a cousin with a studio, though. I asked him and he said I could use my phone if I found a nice, quiet closet. But if I need to use his studio I can ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom