• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NineS

Smash Lord
According to Yoko Taro, no,

If Sakurai were to come up to him and ask, they'd give the go ahead.
by they, i'm speaking of the fans and their fan rule.
the popular fan rule in this community that states "if you've recently guest starred in another fighting game, you won't guest star in smash bros."

i know yoko taro and sakurai are friends, however. whether or not he's been approached is something that would be behind the scenes and we wouldn't know for sure until after we discover the last 4 dlc reps.

also, what you're saying is confusing me. what do you mean according to taro?

KMDP

Smash Legend
also, what you're saying is confusing me. what do you mean according to taro?
I think Yoko Taro actually answered a question someone asked on Twitter, about whether 2B could get into Smash.

...At least I think so, maybe I'm Mandela Effecting myself.

If I'm remembering it right, his answer boiled down to "Yes, because we love money; we'll put 2B in anything."

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
I think Yoko Taro actually answered a question someone asked on Twitter, about whether 2B could get into Smash.

...At least I think so, maybe I'm Mandela Effecting myself.
I don't believe he has.
In an interview, however, when he was asked about 2B potentially being in Smash, he said he'd like it to happen, but thinks 2B isn't at the level yet. He also stated that he'd be happy to put 2B in whatever games he could, smash included.

If I'm remembering it right, his answer boiled down to "Yes, because we love money; we'll put 2B in anything."
This bit though did happen. This sums it up.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I don't believe he has.
In an interview, however, when he was asked about 2B potentially being in Smash, he said he'd like it to happen, but thinks 2B isn't at the level yet. He also stated that he'd be happy to put 2B in whatever games he could, smash included.
Maybe that's what I'm thinking of.

Regardless, 2B is about on the level of Joker*, so...
*In terms of western notability

D

Deleted member

According to Yoko Taro, no,

If Sakurai were to come up to him and ask, he'd give the go ahead.
What did he say exactly? First I'm hearing of it

EDIT: Never mind, I see it now

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I don't believe he has.

This bit though did happen. This sums it up.
I could totally see him pull a Suda51 and casually ask Sakurai about it, but I don't think Nintendo or Square would really "push" for her in a sense, especially with him stating himself that she's not on that level yet. I could actually see her happening if Sakurai was heading the DLC choices if he could have any SE rep he wanted, though I feel like he might go for someone a bit more popular/iconic like Geno, Sora, or Edrick

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Stage Morph and FS Meter Tourney from VGBC is crazy

D

Deleted member

Okay so...

How did we go from Spawn Wave and his crew becoming one of the most reliable info brokers of last year to now them saying that if Mother 3 came out, it'd sell poorly and other games would sell better. (Even including Travis Strikes Again)

Do they know one of the most prolific streamers is playing Mother 3 right now??? I'm legitimately confused. The **** I come home to, man.

...uh huh.png

D

Deleted member

Okay so...

How did we go from Spawn Wave and his crew becoming one of the most reliable info brokers of last year to now them saying that if Mother 3 came out, it'd sell poorly and other games would sell better. (Even including Travis Strikes Again)

Do they know one of the most prolific streamers is playing Mother 3 right now??? I'm legitimately confused. The **** I come home to, man.

View attachment 187512
Is it weird that I read every word you type in Scott The Woz's voice?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Okay so...

View attachment 187512
Once their Sora **** got debunked, which you personally hyped up as the prophecised truth with no way it could possibly be wrong, it's been all downhill.

You ruined them, Scottbot. :p

KMDP

Smash Legend
Okay so...

Hmm... well.

Mother 3 has the big leg-up of in-Smash promotion, but consider this.

The Mother series is a quirky series of RPGs, a typically casual unfriendly genre. Mother itself is niche even among RPG franchises.

Also, being Let's Played is less of a boon than you think it is, no matter how prolific the player is; the viewers of those people only represent a small slice of the gaming population as a whole.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I'm kind of sad that not a lot of people consider a characters playstyle as part of a source material, or as representing the character. Take C. Falcon for example, sure all of his moves are made up, so you might consider that as not accurate to him, but his entire playstyle is about being aggressive by moving all around while having risk/reward options, just like you would do in the F-Zero games.

Edit: Another example would be Kirby, yes he doesn't fully grasp the whole variety of the Kirby series in terms of what HE can do in Smash, but he's a simple character that is both fun for both beginners, and adults, which is what Kirby as a game is supposed to be.

Last edited:

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
whoa a migration has occurred, how much juicy smash gossip must i have missed? time to drop my watch in here

hot take: ultimate is good

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Why yes...

These two are voiced by the same guy

Well in Japan at least
That guy voices quite a few familiar faces in Japan.

Nightmare Soul Calibur 2.jpg

He also did Yoshimitsu's voice for SC2 and voiced Joe from Fatal Fury.

D

Deleted member

Is it weird that I read every word you type in Scott The Woz's voice?
What if I am? :think:

Once their Sora **** got debunked, which you personally hyped up as the prophecised truth with no way it could possibly be wrong, it's been all downhill.

You ruined them, Scottbot. :p
Hey now, you can't blame me when they get insane **** right and knew stuff before anyone else somehow. I'll still say they're more reliable than someone like Liam, Emily or the usual suspects, but I don't understand how they can say Mother 3 would sell poorly given...
  • The power memes and internet culture have
  • The power of just Japan in general
At this point, people who are wanting Mother 3 isn't just a "vocal minority" as it was back before sometime after Brawl's release or during that one very specific time, it's become a genuine want. And when you have over 6-7K people willing to watch someone like Vinny Vinesauce play Mother 3 - which reminder, a great amount of his fanbase have been asking him for two years to play and have made "Vinny will never stream Mother 3" a meme out of - you really can't say there's some sort of vocal minority. Look at Xenoblade.

I dunno, just probably after-work rambles getting to me.

D

Deleted member

Mother 3 would sell about as well as the other two Mother games on VC did.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
**** **** **** NOT FRUITDAD

**** **** **** YOU ARAKI **** ****

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fun fact: here in Brazil, Spongebob, Goku and the Cake Boss guy are all dubbed by the same guy.
whoa a migration has occurred, how much juicy smash gossip must i have missed? time to drop my watch in here

hot take: ultimate is good
Is that a Promised Neverland avi? That's some good ****ing taste.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I gotta wonder just how well Travis Strikes Back will actually do. It's clear people want a NMH3, but using a spin-off to gauge interest doesn't seem like the best idea.

That'd be like having the sales for the next Mario Platformer depend on how well a Mario Golf game did.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If Pit were to end up in a situation where he’s fighting an army of gods all on his own and beats them alone, he’d likely end up in either a Batman situation (AKA a newer and stronger person/god shows up and literally breaks him) or an Ultimate Spider-Man moment (AKA dies but barely comes back to life strictly on luck of “immortality”/“not fully dying”). Either way, Palutena would regret it. Pit would be so messed up even Sakurai couldn’t fix what would happen to him.
Pit shall be protected, I hope. Just hope he gets a new game one day, not much else I can say. :(

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pit shall be protected, I hope. Just hope he gets a new game one day, not much else I can say. :(
#ProtectThePit shall become a movement one day
And maybe it'll end with him drop kicking Viridi into the Sun. Preferably in another mech.
Viridi won’t allow herself to be seen in person, so that might be hard to do

Iridium

Smash Hero
Made my second support thread, right here, just in case it gets drowned out too soon. Any thoughts on if I did an okay job? I personally feel nothing anymore.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah, it looked way better in my head :happysheep:

The point still stands though, 2019 will be magical~
ok thats a bit of a downgrade if you ask me, you look like 2005 newgrounds

D

Deleted member

Should i do an avatar with text like i used to did y'all find those remotely funny? Or should i just do a picture with some mild shading?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And maybe it'll end with him drop kicking Viridi into the Sun. Preferably in another mech.
I'd just prefer him to one-up Viridi by telling her off sometime or something.

#ProtectThePit shall become a movement one day

Viridi won’t allow herself to be seen in person, so that might be hard to do
It probably won't happen, but I can only imagine or wish for Pit to be supported more, somehow. Best I can do is think of ideas and create snapshots. It'll help. On another note, still love the chapter 5 rally cry moment with the hair flip and sparkles in Uprising. I really want to see someone make art of that that I haven't seen before.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Hmm... well.

Mother 3 has the big leg-up of in-Smash promotion, but consider this.

The Mother series is a quirky series of RPGs, a typically casual unfriendly genre. Mother itself is niche even among RPG franchises.

Also, being Let's Played is less of a boon than you think it is, no matter how prolific the player is; the viewers of those people only represent a small slice of the gaming population as a whole.
And let's plays are a double-edged sword in that they can inspire people to get the game and play it for themselves (I've gotten into several new games and franchises that I'd otherwise wouldn't because of let's plays), or it can be that person's sole way of experiencing the game and they then won't buy it.

Some people speculate that Telltale Games's demise was partially due to the increasing popularity of let's plays and streaming. Those are games that are almost entirely story and no gameplay, so there's little benefit to watching a let's play and then buying the game for yourself. Perhaps you could watch a bit of the LP and then decide you want to see the story for yourself and stop watching and buy it, but I imagine most consumers don't do that.

And for a game like Mother 3, which you can't even buy officially, let's plays probably wouldn't translate too much to sales or tangible popularity.

Then again, my younger brother watched Chuggaaconroy's LP of Xenoblade Chronicles, never played the game for himself, yet he did love the game and mained Shulk in Smash 4, so it varies from person to person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom