• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yeah, I dislike the last Jedi, but I’ve learned to move on from it.

I feel within the Star Wars fandom there is this “suicide cult” mindset that if you dislike the sequels, you should hope Star Wars and Disney should die in the fire. I wish more people would either just move on from the series or just focus on what they love from the series. Focusing on what you hate just isn’t healthy.
Actually I came from the other end. Trying to make excuses for a movie isn't healthy...

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I am! :grin:

Also FTFY
Pocahontas is offended by that
Can’t murder it any harder than Shamalamadingdong

Oh

You mean the blue furries
The only Avatar there is...you almost got mistake for the way superior Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra
i can't believe james cameron is going to ****ing die
I’m glad he’s gonna ****ing die (add context of convo readers)
View attachment 216522
You bring in a lot more questions than answers.
Pit
Korg and Meek MCU movie pls
Or a tv series

D

Deleted member

It's okay to dislike TLJ but if you're gonna say it's a "bad film" or "poorly written" then please actually study this stuff before you nitpick plot points instead of analyzing everything else in the movie.

Anyways, have a meme after the realization Avatar grossed more if you take inflation into consideration
View attachment 216518
tbh adjusting for inflation can also be disingenuous at times

back then movies did NOT come out very often, so **** stayed in theaters for a long-ass time

plus gwtw had like 5 rereleases too

D

Deleted member

It's okay to dislike TLJ but if you're gonna say it's a "bad film" or "poorly written" then please actually study this stuff before you nitpick plot points instead of analyzing everything else in the movie.

Anyways, have a meme after the realization Avatar grossed more if you take inflation into consideration
View attachment 216518
If Endgame beats Gone with the Wind, I will create a giant sprite of Ruby Rose from RWBY in Minecraft.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
How to Train your Dragon: The Manga

My favorite
How to train your Manga

It’s a story about uhh... a ambiguously adult male with long hair and a magical manga that takes the form of an ambiguously adult female that he has to teach about the real world.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Okay here's another question, Excluding the Avengers movies what is your favorite stand alone MCU film? I'm sure most if not all of us have at least seen one of the MCU films.

Anyways mine would be Doctor Strange I like the OST and his theme is great, I like the effects, I like the character progression of Strange from being an absolute D-Bag to one of the coolest MCU Heroes (in my opinion), I like Strange's abilities, I like Strange's Design and I like the supporting cast like Mordo and Wong.
My favorite standalone is Captain America: Winter Soldier. I think the story's great and it has some of the best action scenes in the whole MCU imo. The first Guardians of the Galaxy is a close second though.

D

Deleted member

My ranking of the MCU from best to worst

1. Avengers Endgame
2. Guardians 2
3. Infinity War
4. Civil War
5. Thor Ragnarok
6. Spider Man 6: Batman Returns!?
7. Winter Soldier
8. Iron Man 3
9. The Avengers
10. Guardians of the Galaxy
11. Ant Man
12. Doctor Strange
13. Black Panther
14. Iron Man
15. The First Avenger
16. Iron Man 2
17. Thor
18. Age of Ultron
19. Ant Man 2
20.Hulk
21. Captain Marvel
22. Thor: The Second One I Guess

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Okay so a Smurf is three apples y’all right?

So i’m guessing a giant Smurf would be the size of a little person.
noipoi has a ****** fetish
noipoi has a ****** fetish

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Okay here's another question, Excluding the Avengers movies what is your favorite stand alone MCU film? I'm sure most if not all of us have at least seen one of the MCU films.

Anyways mine would be Doctor Strange I like the OST and his theme is great, I like the effects, I like the character progression of Strange from being an absolute D-Bag to one of the coolest MCU Heroes (in my opinion), I like Strange's abilities, I like Strange's Design and I like the supporting cast like Mordo and Wong.
Spider-Man Homecoming...because ****ing Spider-Man

D

Deleted member

The Last Jedi has some stellar cinematography and score, shame it was wasted on a rubbish film

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Mine is Guardians of the Galaxy 1. Granted I've not seen the ones past Spider-Man: Homecoming besides Infinity War...

D

Deleted member

Hey, does anyone here right now own A Hat in Time on Steam?

I updated my map on the Steam Workshop, but the changelog hasn't updated for some reason. I'm worried that the update I sent might not have gone through properly, so I was curious if someone could go sub to it real quick, take a screenshot, and then DM it to me. I'll know if it's the updated map based off of a screenshot, because the DoF and lighting on this new version should be different. Link to the Workshop page for anyone who might be able to help me out with this.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
your star wars ranking is wrong if it isnt 8>5>4>6>3>7>2>1. sorry i dont make the rules

D

Deleted member

Hey, does anyone here right now own A Hat in Time on Steam?

I updated my map on the Steam Workshop, but the changelog hasn't updated for some reason. I'm worried that the update I sent might not have gone through properly, so I was curious if someone could go sub to it real quick, take a screenshot, and then DM it to me. I'll know if it's the updated map based off of a screenshot, because the DoF and lighting on this new version should be different. Link to the Workshop page for anyone who might be able to help me out with this.
Here is something.
I have had it forever, but it was always too slow. :p
A Hat in Tiem.PNG

D

Deleted member

mcu ranking time
1. all
2. of
3. the
4. mcu
5. movies
6. are
7. really
8. good
9. besides
10. like
11. thor
12. the
13. dark
14. world
15. so
16. it's
17. disingenuous
18. to
19. rank
20. them
21. endgame
22. civil war

Roberk

Smash Champion
Rogue One was quite impressive. Wasn't a fan of the first half, but the latter part alone, makes the entire film.

That being said though, Solo was just kinda "eh" to me...
That 3rd act of Rogue One alone redeems Disney Star Wars. Imo Solo was pretty good, I really enjoyed it but I guess some people just weren't as into it as I was.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Question to everyone here? Was there a movie that was so bad it made you in physical pain and rendered you braindead?
Nope. I enjoyed(to some degree) every movie I've ever seen.

...But I don't have high standards or care about things like Rotten Tomatoes. It either made me enjoy it or not. Worst movie I've seen at best is... can't remember, actually. Cause nothing stood out as atrocious to me at any point. Just "definitely could've been better". I just don't have that kind of negative view on films or any media. The only thing I can't enjoy are some games due to really bad design, but it doesn't mean I hate the game either. My least favorite game of all time, Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage, was still pretty neat in visuals and story of what I was able to experience. Gameplay was just way too difficult as is I didn't even mind the poor programming(where you could walk off a cliff... and just appear on the ground as if walk through walls was on). That was just silly, but it's not like it hurt the game either. It just means it clearly needed more time in the oven.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I have no formal opinion on the current topic of conversation.

The only thing I will comment on is the unfortunate fact that the quality of movies is often rated by earnings, and what the viewers see.

When it comes to what people talk about, especially on the internet, it’s what they see. Like thing about the way games, movies, and even TV shows are made. Is there’s anything in particular that’s exceptionally poorly done, it will be effectively memed into smithereens by the internet. This isn’t only because folks may be disappointed, but it’s also because they have little formal understanding of what the job of creating these things entails.

Criticism is one thing. Defending a work of art is another, and is equally worthy. I also think it can be easier to hate on things, but I can also understand what drastic changes can do to people who follow and basically live the lifestyle of a hardcore fan.

I’m indifferent to Star Wars. They don’t really do much for me, and i’ve seen a good handful of the movies. But they must have done something right, because my late uncle loved them while he was alive, kids growing up love it, and people all over the world are still talking about the movies.

Not much to say besides that.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If I had to pick which were the worst movies of 2017 and 2018 they'd be.

2017:
1. The Emoji Movie
2. Justice League
3. Star Wars: The Last Pinkeye

2018:
1. The Predator
2. A Stupid Place
3. The First Purge
Could you actually use the names? Also “A Stupid Place” is that supposed to be “A Quiet Place”?

Are you on drugs?

D

Deleted member

Do you agree Into the Spider-Verse is overpraised and overhyped as Black Panther was?

That's how I honestly feel with the film granted its not a bad movie just not as good as people makes it out to be IMO.
Spider-Verse is great, but EXTREMELY over-hyped. Black Panther, however, is a whole new level of overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom