• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Okay here's another question, Excluding the Avengers movies what is your favorite stand alone MCU film? I'm sure most if not all of us have at least seen one of the MCU films.

Anyways mine would be Doctor Strange I like the OST and his theme is great, I like the effects, I like the character progression of Strange from being an absolute D-Bag to one of the coolest MCU Heroes (in my opinion), I like Strange's abilities, I like Strange's Design and I like the supporting cast like Mordo and Wong.
civil war but that's cheating since it's avengers 2.5 so winter soldier

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Okay here's another question, Excluding the Avengers movies what is your favorite stand alone MCU film? I'm sure most if not all of us have at least seen one of the MCU films.

Anyways mine would be Doctor Strange I like the OST and his theme is great, I like the effects, I like the character progression of Strange from being an absolute D-Bag to one of the coolest MCU Heroes (in my opinion), I like Strange's abilities, I like Strange's Design and I like the supporting cast like Mordo and Wong.
It's definitely, totally, not at all, -999%, and not in any way shape or form GOTG2.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Who’s ready for Endgame to murder Avatar?

D

Deleted member

Guardians Vol. 2, easily. I can't really put into words why I love it so much because I'm **** at explaining myself but anything that can make me feel that many emotions over the span of 2 hours has to be pretty ****ing good.
It also has one of the only 4 good villains in the MCU so points for that.

D

Deleted member

I want an actually good Avengers cartoon kinda like "Earth's Mightiest Heroes"

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Wasn't Snoke there to JUST be the big bad and had no other plans?
Not a great excuse to just do nothing with him though. In the context of the films, the First Order's rise to power is pretty much unprecedented and it could all be attributed to Snoke. If we had an idea on what his capabilities, backstory and motive was, it could answer questions that we had (and J.J. Abrams was counting on that).

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Next MCU saga will be entirely a Netflix Original Series so people will see the gratuitous sex scenes and say “haha, oh Netflix, you scallywag” and immediately forget about it like everything else they put out

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Movie so bad it gave me pain?

Avengers: Endgame

By the way, I get about 50 bucks for everyone who gets mad at me in this thread
endgame is an aggressively mediocre movie

lol the bit where they pull a back to the future 2 enchantment under the sea dance thing so they can revisit THOR 2, the movie everyone wants to look back on

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i'm right
you're wrong
every movie on the planet sucks
read the manga

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Zeke: "The Last Jedi wasn't a bad film."
Pony: "I agree. The poor execution made it a bad film."
:drshrug:

Maybe the word isn't "bad" so much as it is "disappointing."

For a Star Wars movie it's disappointing.
Alrighty... let's not take things that far...

People who constantly complain and nitpick can be annoying, but let's not compare them to nazis.
I think @JaiTheGuy is being sarcastic here since people who complain about movies like The Last Jedi are often written off as salty fanboys or women-haters among other negative associations. While this is true of some, it's troublesome when even those giving constructive criticism are lumped into this category.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yeah, one of my favourite lines in the MCU came out of it.
"I'm Mary Poppins ya'll!"
And I was totally devastated when Yondu died just as I was getting to start loving the crazy son of a *****. :crying:

BTW no need to spoil. Movies been out for two years now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's okay to dislike TLJ but if you're gonna say it's a "bad film" or "poorly written" then please actually study this stuff before you nitpick plot points instead of analyzing everything else in the movie.

Anyways, have a meme after the realization Avatar grossed more if you take inflation into consideration
downloadd627ee8e__2fstorage_2femulated_2f0_2fDownload_2f1d5.png

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
For the record y’all I actually really like Endgame but prooooobably for reasons other than what others like it for. After all, I kinda didn’t watch a majority of the MCU yet

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

Thor Ragnarok

Brilliant visuals, super entertaining, holy **** a brilliant Thor film, some Planet Hulk is always good, fantastic shots, excellent choice of music, Korg and Miek, Valkyrie, excellent themes that it explores. Oh yeah, Jeff Goldblum is always a win.
It's hard to find anything bad about it.

inb4 Mike with his rant

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

That's tough. Aside from the Avengers films, I do love me some Winter Soldier. The story is incredible and it's one of the few MCU movies that has a darker theme and the jokes are kept to a minimum. It feels like a spy movie thriller yet a Marvel movie at the same time; it strikes a great balance and has excellent character development.

I also love Civil War for the character studies and development, I love Iron Man 1 because it gives a great introduction to my favorite MCU character, and Spiderman Homecoming is a big ball of fun. Those are the first ones that come to mind.

I'll have to re-rank the MCU films at some point.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i like the star wars original trilogy

not sure about the prequels, at least its lore

the extended universe through comics was fun

i dont care how people are panning it, i thought the woman obssessing over vader was a good comic that made a good point about vader: he dont give no ****s, man's truly evil no matter who you are. a man beyond the point of return and he'll show it.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Nailed it. Being disappointed with a Star Wars movie isn't the end of the world and can even give you a larger perspective of the franchise because of it...
Yeah, I dislike the last Jedi, but I’ve learned to move on from it.

I feel within the Star Wars fandom there is this “suicide cult” mindset that if you dislike the sequels, you should hope Star Wars and Disney should die in the fire. I wish more people would either just move on from the series or just focus on what they love from the series. Focusing on what you hate just isn’t healthy.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I was being sarcastic and making fun of the many people who compared TLJ haters to nazis
I think @JaiTheGuy is being sarcastic here since people who complain about movies like The Last Jedi are often written off as salty fanboys or women-haters among other negative associations. While this is true of some, it's troublesome when even those giving constructive criticism are lumped into this category.
Ah... gotcha, my apologies

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If I had to pick which were the worst movies of 2017 and 2018 they'd be.

2017:
1. The Emoji Movie
2. Justice League
3. Star Wars: The Last Pinkeye

2018:
1. The Predator
2. A Stupid Place
3. The First Purge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom