• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Movie so bad it gave me pain?

Avengers: Endgame

By the way, I get about 50 bucks for everyone who gets mad at me in this thread
endgame gave me pain too, i couldn't see that sixteen-wheeler with the tears in my eyes

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I am a villain too, because everyone fears me not using contractions.
I don't think that's how it works...
The Last Jedi is not a bad film but has issues, for me the main problem is a disconnect with the themes from TFA and the stuff that tries to make subversions to SW creating more problems that they are worth(Rey parents being nobodies is a great idea in theory but they kinda make her powers questionable).

Plus the themes of sacrifices in vain is kinda executed sloppily, as some situations kinda required them. Overall I liked it, but wish they handled things better.
What's this? Constructive Criticism of a bad movie? Surely this can't real.

Being serious I agree. TLJ was executed in an incredibly poor fashion, and that's why it's bad.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
NO! ANYONE WHO SHOWS EVEN THE SLIGHTEST BIT OF PRAISE TO THE EMOJI MOVIE SHOULD BE CONDEMNED!!!
Pffft it was a big advertisement **** fest but being so adamantly against it is so 3 years ago

I watched the whole thing and I only had to throw my TV out and get a new one, it wasn’t THAT bad

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I am so glad they killed off Snoke.
What a garbage villain.
What made him garbage was because of that killing off Shiny. The movie made no attempt to capitalize on the set-up established in TFA and instead cuts it off along with any investment we may have had for the character...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
...I’m not mad, I’m just disappointed.
I’m also ****in joking. Again. Wade mate you can’t just respond to everything like they’re serious all the time and then play it off like you knew it was a joke. Mate, the crash was 3 years ago. You have to move on. Please wake up. We miss you. I don’t know when this message will get to you, or how, but your family misses you. Please, wade.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
What made him garbage was because of that killing off Shiny. The movie made no attempt to capitalize on the set-up established in TFA and instead cuts it off along with any investment we may have had for the character...
Wasn't Snoke there to JUST be the big bad and had no other plans?

D

Deleted member

Star Wars talk?

Revenge of the Sith had a glaring problem:
So you know how we are supposed to be sad for Obi-Wan, because Anakin is evil and stuff?
Here is the thing we only got a movie and an intro to show their bond. In Attack of the Clones, Anakin is constantly yelling at Obi-Wan.
Most people want to see Obi-Wan and Anakin be friends and go on adventures, not yell at each other 24/7. This is not Family Guy.
Thankfully, the Clone Wars redeems this a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Problem with killing off Snoke was they were seemingly building him up to be The Big Bad who didn't have anything known to him then suddenly out of nowhere kill him off in the dumbest way possible.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I actually didn't mind the Star Wars prequel trilogy.

Don't @ me.
Honestly I think they’re a little overrated, a pendulum swing has happened were people who dislike the sequel have been putting the prequels on a pedestal.

I think episode 1 is pretty much pointless in the grand scheme of things, you can honestly start with episode II and you hardly wouldn’t miss anything. Darth Maul lightsaber fights are the best in the series and pod racing is fun.

Episode II is better, it starts slow, but I feel the Obi-wan storyline is interesting throughout the whole movie. Anakin/padme doesn’t get interesting until they go to Tatooine. Clones are dope, but Dooku lightsaber battle was pretty underwhelming.

Episode III is a pretty competent movie throughout.

I feel that honestly the clone war series is the best material of the prequels, I love Obi-Wan’s mandalorian arc, ahsoka is great character, Anakin’s characterization, and clones are super dope.

D

Deleted member

NO! ANYONE WHO SHOWS EVEN THE SLIGHTEST BIT OF PRAISE TO THE EMOJI MOVIE SHOULD BE CONDEMNED!!!
Oh, you made me remember the Emoji Movie exists.
Label that movie as "offensive", considering they hired workers for that.

D

Deleted member

I’m also ****in joking. Again. Wade mate you can’t just respond to everything like they’re serious all the time and then play it off like you knew it was a joke. Mate, the crash was 3 years ago. You have to move on. Please wake up. We miss you. I don’t know when this message will get to you, or how, but your family misses you. Please, wade.
There are no such things as jokes in the social thread toasterbrains

D

Deleted member

Okay here's another question, Excluding the Avengers movies what is your favorite stand alone MCU film? I'm sure most if not all of us have at least seen one of the MCU films.

Anyways mine would be Doctor Strange I like the OST and his theme is great, I like the effects, I like the character progression of Strange from being an absolute D-Bag to one of the coolest MCU Heroes (in my opinion), I like Strange's abilities, I like Strange's Design and I like the supporting cast like Mordo and Wong.

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
Problem with killing off Snoke was they were seemingly building him up to be The Big Bad who didn't have anything known to him then suddenly out of nowhere kill him off in the dumbest way possible.
but its subversive so its good if you hate it your a nazi basement dweller

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I am so glad they killed off Snoke.
What a garbage villain.
Half the reason he was garbage cause they basically did nothing with him and then killed him off to subvert expectations instead of having good writing.

That’s why Darth Sidious is coming back lol

D

Deleted member

Like, for real, I don't think I can stress enough how good the Force Bonding scenes are
It's just a simple shot/reverse-shot. Literally the most basic and boring ass technique to use in any dialogue scene. It's bland and there's no symbolic meaning behind it.
So why does it work so well here? What makes this scene so GOOD?
It's the fact it takes this technique that has been used well over a century to hide the fact films are fictional, and uses it in a way that would normally break that idea. Normally, a shot/reverse-shot with characters in two different places would break immersion but here it does the opposite and actually manages to feel like they're truly in the same place through the use of the film's own lore. And this wouldn't have worked, or at least wouldn't be as effective, in any other way. Had they just put the actors together in the set and changed it occasionally, it wouldn't have felt the same. We feel that Rey and Kylo are together yet also apart at the same time and it just serves as a way to show the power of the Force without ever actually using any special or practical effects... just a basic film technique.

But eh, why am I even saying this? People are gonna go whine about how they don't like some plot point or character instead of understanding that a film is more than just its narrative and nitpicking plot points apart.
And also, even when you analyze the narrative, all it takes is two brain cells to see what the themes of the movie actually are.

But eh, what do I even know, right? I mean, it's not like I'm majoring Film and study this **** daily.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't think that's how it works...

What's this? Constructive Criticism of a bad movie? Surely this can't real.

Being serious I agree. TLJ was executed in an incredibly poor fashion, and that's why it's bad.
Zeke: "The Last Jedi wasn't a bad film."
Pony: "I agree. The poor execution made it a bad film."

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Holy **** dude...

How am I even supposed to properly respond to that?!

D

Deleted member

Okay here's another question, Excluding the Avengers movies what is your favorite stand alone MCU film? I'm sure most if not all of us have at least seen one of the MCU films.

Anyways mine would be Doctor Strange I like the OST and his theme is great, I like the effects, I like the character progression of Strange from being an absolute D-Bag to one of the coolest MCU Heroes (in my opinion), I like Strange's abilities, I like Strange's Design and I like the supporting cast like Mordo and Wong.
Mine is Antman, even including the Avengers movies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
but its subversive so its good if you hate it your a nazi basement dweller
Alrighty... let's not take things that far...

People who constantly complain and nitpick can be annoying, but let's not compare them to nazis.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Do the nanomachines created by stark industries get their own movie specifically about them? Nah

Game and Watch is basically kinda like that
This is Game and Watch erasure

Guardians 2, I think.

D

Deleted member

Alrighty... let's not take things that far...

People who constantly complain about movies can be annoying, but let's not compare them to nazis.
I was being sarcastic and making fun of the many people who compared TLJ haters to nazis

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
In terms of pure evilness of cinematic villains this year. Palpatine not doubt will rank up there with Joker and King Ghidorah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom